THICCstodes subedition

Summary soon. Maybe. I guess. >SOON TO BE OBSOLETE, ALL GLORY TO THE SCANON
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does this guy look angry enough to be a chaplain? I don't know whether to make him a chaplain, a champion or a praetor even.

>"TRAITOR FUCKING SHITS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

>no skull hat
NOT MY CHAPLAIN

Looks as if he had just read the SW's and TS's rules

That pose reminds me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0

Looks like a Delegatus to me, not blinged enough to be a praetor or chaplain, loadout sucks for a champion but he does like he could be second in command.

>not blinged enough to be a praetor or chaplain
DG don't really care about bling though

Reading through the Talons tactica on 1d4chan, and it's basically one long article about how amazing they are at melee and how invincible every model is. Is this the usual brand of exaggeration? The DG player and WE player at my store are both building Custodes armies, so do I stand a chance with Mechanicum? I suspect I may have to pull out a few war crimes to get rid of those S:D dreads, though.

Anyone played a game with/vs the new Custodes or Titan Guard? How did it go?

So now that the dust is settled, what do you like/dislike about

>Sisters
>Custodes
>Sons
>Wolves

need help picking a legion.

starting a marine army and might as well make one that i can play in 2 games. For the 40k side i was planning to go raptors chapter tactics, which legion would best fit a long range/sniper+stealth style?

Needs some moar to be a chaplain imo, not sure what thought.

He could paint up his face with a skull, like Shiban Khan

I'm a bit bummed they aren't using the round aspires shields (hoplons) the hoplites were famed for.
Reduce them to pure infantry as fast as you can, user. Their tanks and dreads are too dangerous.
Post the other one.

Your looking at either the Alpha Legion or Raven Guard to fit those themes

Never liked black nose skull faces.

It always look clown like and looks like tumblr nose gone beyond the impossible.

>For the 40k side i was planning to go raptors chapter tactics, which legion would best fit a long range/sniper+stealth style?

Raven Guard, do a Recon Company supported by Mor Deythan squads and deep striking dreadnoughts.

>He could paint up his face with a skull, like Shiban Khan
Insane clown posse kid's party face paint or a badass skull helmet?
Decisions, decisions...
Everything is better with helmets.

Juggalo Khan

They could have done that, but even if it's not completely accurate I do think the kiteish shields suit them better, especially with the cog emblem on it.
Hopefully they won't have much in the way of armour, those guys are expensive, so my one Hoplite kill team and the Lightning should be able to deal with them, since my big guns will need to be dropping sweet sweet S10 on their infantry.

Do they have the volume of attacks to clear tarpits, or would Adsecs and Cult Hordes do a decent job? With those stats they're not losing units fast enough for me to just hit them as they come.

Stop clowning around guys

>Fucking Jetbikes, how do they work.

So if i am reading this right, giving the custdeos dread the spear of the D, gives him 6 attacks (walker with 3 CCW) base, 2 heavy storm bolters AND a heavy D3 las cannon

jesus holy Emperor, thats mad

>Do they have the volume of attacks to clear tarpits
With those melee weapons? Nah, they exist to bodyblock infantry away from Titans and be harder than usual to kill with their invulnerable and defensive on top of the hand-daddy (kyropatris) field.

On the Taghmata's particular case, they also exist to suicide drop in an arvus the way legiones astartes wish their melta tac support squads could.

HONK

Even better, because of forgeworld's kerrrr-AZZY rules writing, if you roll a single 6 to hit on the charge, all 7 attacks have the D.

i mean sure, but if anyone every tried that, i think would refuse to play then, that clearly not RAI

Adjusted as in their whole "The First" and knightly themes, not their Sikret traitor Gayluminati theme.
Which is a meme
Because it's not a secret

THEY ALL FLOAT DOWN HERE

>Death Guard
>chaplains

"I didn't read Echoes of Old Nigh", the post.
It's just a "but more destroyers" story, though

Yeah, I was talking about the Custodes, but I didn't make that clear, sorry.

Sadly the Peltasts lack the punch they have in 40k, but large blocks of permanently BS5 Skitarii Vanguard in transports with FnP buffs and very good transports are still pretty damn shiny. I've done the maths, with Axiarch Feel No Pain and a Titan they take 18.5% of small arms fire wounds. That makes them basically Terminators but with more easily negated saves. Certainly tougher than your standard Astartes Tacticals. Hoplites are gloriously insane at their job and nice and sticky deepstriking (without mishap in Ruins) scoring Troops in Arvus.

I love how there's basically no disadvantage to activating the hazard protocols against astartes armies (i.e. most 30k armies). WS2 I2 is exactly the same as WS3 I3 when fighting marines.

What's this?

DG destroyers led by their Chaplain siege a crashed IF ship. It's where the "Locked tighter than Dorn's arsecheeks" quote comes from.
In the Mega

>WS2 I2 is exactly the same as WS3 I3 when fighting marines.

Another reason why the Tau aren't properly stat'd. They should be Str2.

I played a 1500pts game with my Custards (the few models I have for now). The Shield-Captain and Hetaeron are very painful if you don't have nasty things to ID them, Look Out Sir for everybody in the squad makes them way more durable as a squad than what you may expect.

Use tarpits. Custodes are very few in number and the basic guys have only 2 attacks, they can't deal with them (extra attacks on a 6 to hit is not a big thing). Shoot the fucking Dreads, try to scout/deep-strike something in the ass of any Caladius. Bring blobs, play a mission where you need to hold objectives and everything will be fine.

Well, unless you're scrapping with Death Guard or Wolves and for some reason you had enough equipment on your Alpha to stand a chance in a sergeant fight, and even then you certainly get more out of the BS2 overwatch, killing three Marines right there.

Best thing about Hoplites is going to be the staggering amount of retaliation they'll be subject to once the Spartan/Fellblade/Stormlord/Whatever is destroyed or crippled and the opponent realises that they can keep doing that while being Marine-level sticky and scoring in his backfield. I can't see them doing much to anything without an AV, but they'll be perfectly worth the 254 for guaranteed Spartan elimination. I wouldn't be surprised to see 800pt Primarchstars waste a turn on them.

Oh great, 3W 5e style Nob Bikers with better saves. They can suck artillery all game long, I think.

Only two attacks? I suppose I'm used to the 40k Custodes with four or five each.
Tossing down 100 Levies seems like the obvious approach, or possibly 60 Adsecularis in smaller groups.
Treating the skimmers as Wave Serpents with better armour, I have Lightnings and Thallax for that. Re. Dreads, not much in my army that a charge from a regular Legion Dreadnought won't kill but that will save my Archmagos, and he's hiding.

How's their mobility in practice? Been plenty of talk re. Master of Ambush and Deepstrike, did you use those much?
Arae Shrikes do anything much?

If you go the tarpit route, just be careful of their terminators (once models are out for them). They can put an S6 flamer with Torrent on every model, which will make a mess of almost any blob.

How do custodes handle dreads in melee ? Like if you send in a few contemptors, do the custodes not care, woop the dreadnoughts' asses or start crying because of all the Str 10 attacks ?

Some custodes get power fists. Plus s10 hits are s10 hits whether you are T4 or T5

Anyone without a solerite(?) power fist or a warblade thing will probably struggle somewhat, the dread should hopefully remove a few at least, they're about equal points

What exactly did the DA raiding Xana steal?

scorias archaeotech hentai collection

That's rad.

So is this a thunder hammer or a power maul? Or is both?.

definitely a hammer
but it could be a maul if you wanted

Hammer.

A Torrent flamer with the exact stats to kill Levies with Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh on 2+ no saves, which was not an accident. One competent bit of rules writing in that book.

Luckily they're not quite as effective against the Adsecularis or the Secutarii especially. Thinking the most effective techique may be to dump 16.33 wounds on them from a Vanguard squad, since they'll tank artillery and AP2 just fine.

Aquilions scare me, true. I'll have to think of a trick there.

Attempted to take three Ordinatus Minoris Ulator-class, Xana's present to the good Warmaster for all his sponsorship. Got two, one was destroyed when the attack force was decimated by Scoria's advancing daemonbots. As far as we know, they were put to use at the Titandeath, whatever that is.

Is this in book 6?

Book six,
The Xana Incursion. One time we've seen Scoria in action, even if just by proxy, and he takes apart an Astartes assault force handily. Looking forward to more of him, if we get it. Mechanicum does it's best work independent. The Black Judges, Xana, all that jazz

A super bad ass Xeno ship. After single handedly raping half the squid monster fleet.
With one DAoT cruiser.
DA confirmed for badassness.

Bitch it has Endrak Har who jacked Zana's gifts to Horus.
The loyalist WE so badass Angron and Kharn sent him into NOT!exile so they could feel less like little whiny bitches.

For Imperial Fist terminators; Plasma Blaster or Assault Cannon?. Cant decide, both are too fucking cool.

Lazy answer: assault cannon (because why wouldn't you when you're IF?)

Correct answer: magnets

He was the sneakiest World Eater to have ever lived.

>TS
Like: everything
Dislike: underpriced HQs making non-named HQs a bad idea
>Sisters
Dislike: lack of units

Assault cannon you fool

If TSons can get their own special dreadnought, surely WE can get Ursus Dreads? I wouldn't even care if they were an exclusive upgrade for Boxnaughts because their stockier, stouter forms make better anchors or something, I'd take a full talon of them.

>Dislike: underpriced HQs making non-named HQs a bad idea

Consider it an extra incentive to play traitors, or an extra challenge to play loyalists.

WE will get Ursusnoughts at the Siege of Terra. Enjoy your long wait.

>put a warhound sized weapon on dreadnaughts
Fucking Angron.

I don't know what got the WE got all killed at Siege of Terra more, Sanguinus going full revengeance or Angron generally making poor policy decisions.

Well, the Xanatite fleet kicked the arse of the Loyalist one then returned to base when the Dangles blew up the orbital platforms. They didn't exactly take it on man-to-man. Also, Xenos ship? I don't remember reading anything about that.

Hoping we get some new fluff for the Mechanicum sometime, since so far there's been quite a lot of marines jerking off in our stories. Can we have an Admech story sometimes where there are no Marines, no Ctan or Emperor bullshit and no random shoehorning of the Admech being incompetent all the time?

You should be grateful Mechanicum have been getting as much coverage as it has, compared to "literally footnotes" Eldar.

>Angron competing with Sangy at anything
You're a funny guy user.

I don't know, Angron would beat Sangy at the climbing segments of Ninja Warrior

I'm not entirely familiar with Ninja Warrior, but how is anyone going to beat someone who can fly at climbing?

Because it's about climbing, not flying. Come in, man, try to keep up here.

Is there a rule against simply using you wings to fly to the top?

your wings

There is in Ninja Warrior 30k

what did the postman bring you today?

Bills

What's that spider model in the background?

Sprue of Shapeways cataphractii pads.

Damn, those fucks thought of everything.
Alright, Angron would likely win the climbing challenge in Ninja Warrior 30k.
Are those dragon dildos?

Nothing. Again. It's going to be weeks before I get Inferno. Why is the post so fucking slow?

Its a reaper model im using for a Megarachnids force

>weeks
Where the fuck do you live, Mexico?

Nothing today, but I got my Dreadclaw yesterday. Cleaned it off last night, scraped away the mold slips, and did some dry fitting. Looks like it'll be fine, so I'll glue after work tonight.

Otherwise, I have some magnets coming this week because my other resin is a few weeks out.

>Weeks
Certainly not Mexico, here the post takes months.

Australia.

>an efficient postal service is one of the first signifiers of a working civilisation
Consider me both educated and saddened by this news about the infrastructure of your country.

Is this Scanon?

They almost all have access to melta bombs, and Valdor cause penetrating hit on 4+ no matter the armour.

No. Scananon is somewhere in the US.

Scanon is a lie.

Are Meltabombs still worth taking in squads now that you can only use one in combat? I'm not sure if the 25pts is worth it on drop pod vets rocking combi-melta when only one gets to use it.

Oh. Australia doesn't count for normal travel times from anywhere in the west, user, it's basically the moon to us.

Even without the flamer, they have twin-linked S5 AP4 Assault 2 guns + HoW + 4 (5 if you assume misericordia is CCW) master-crafted attacks each on the charge. Not as durable as the Hetaeron, but the damage output of this unit is fucking insane for just 20 points more than a Custodian guard.

Don't blame us, it's not our fault we didn't set up a proper postal service for a continent sized prison.

>eldar getting more than a footnote
>eldar doing more than a footnotes worth of stuff
Other than licking wounds and getting their shit kicked eldar did nothing during the heresy.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SCANON'S LIGHT WILL SHINE AGAIN., UNBELIEVER.

Nah forget it. Buy a couple more combi-weapons or stuff.

Chinese heavy flamers. Surprisingly high quality, given they're ebay shit.

Yeah, it's rather saddening.

It's not even a bad system, it's simply full of ineptitude. Any package not from the US remains in the backlog at a warehouse for months until they decide to ship it.
Once it's out of said warehouse it takes up to a week to reach anywhere in the republic.

>this will never be me and Senpai
JUST

You and Konrad will never be a large lump of plastic?
Am I missing something here?

Worry not, if I ever have the displeasure of meeting you, I won't hesitate to dump your fat corpse in a garbage bag along with any Curze memorabilia you happen to own.