Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Technically The Emperor Was A Mutant Fight Me edition

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/loyalcypher
war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1676
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for my boy duncan

First fer Tau.

WE CLAIM THIS THREAD FOR THE PATRIARCH

How's this 2k point rapture battallion sound., Veeky Forums?

lord of the legion
daemon prince (ML3, daemon of slaanesh, intoxicating elixir, power armor, wings, spell familiar)

lord of the legion
sorcerer ML3, combi-bolter, force stave, mark of slaanesh, sigil of corruption, spell familiar (Goes with one of the noise marine squads)

Kakophoni
Lucius (Warlord)
6x Noise Marines, Blastmaster, Icon of Excess, 5x extra CCW,, combi-melta, doom siren, power maul, in a rhino with extra armor and dirge caster (Lucius goes in here)
6x noise marines with blastmaster, 4x sonic blaster, combi-plasma, doom siren (Three groups of these)
6x noise marines with 5x sonic blasters, combi-melta, doom siren, power fist in rhino with dirge caster (two of these groups)

Spawn
3x chaos spawn with MoS

2k points on the nose.

Also, how are you supposed to actually use noise marines? Do you max out blastmasters/sonic blasters and sit them back on objectives? Do you take advantage of I5 and kit them for assualt? Do you mix? I really like Slaanesh and EMperor's Children but I want to run an effective list with them, and I'm not sure how to bring the noise.

Nth for Aedarki Aeldari from Acommorraghri

>how does this sound?
Loud

Starting to think Waldo isn't actually in that pic.

>Tau have an elite choice that is more powerful than some factions Lord of War...

What did Games Workshop mean by this?

Can anyone paint the OP image without the general bit please? In exchange, here is the B&W version

Maybe this color scheme for Daemons of Khorne? I dunno. I kinda like it, but I have an odd idea to do the black areas and head in a bone color instead. Y/N?

Also, how would I paint this or my idea?

>>Tau have an elite choice that is more powerful than some factions Lord of War...

If that Lord of War is the Special Character non vehicle, walker, creature type, then sure.

And even some of them can still hammer it down.

Hello /40kg/,

I've never played 40k but my roommate is into it and he's been pestering me about it and it looks cool so I may start. I've looked at the fluff for all the factions and the one that interests me the most is Chaos.

My question: would it be possible to make a mono-god army that is decent (doesn't have to be great, just playable)? Daemons + CSM is fine, but my autism won't allow me to mix gods.

A Riptide can totally beat a Heirodule, though.

Yeah, I dunno what this "genre" of image actually is. Just reminds me of Where's Waldo. I'll think about shopping him in. And I'll make like 10 versions.

>Paint red
>light coat of nuln oil over whole body
>second coat over arms only
>third coat over slightly smallerportion of arms
>etc etc until the final coat is almost completely black and only covers the hands

That's the easy way to do it. If you want to do it properly there are a number of different blending techniques you can use that you can look up tutorials for.

Yeah man, thanks to the Traitor Legions book the Death Guard (Nurgle), World Eaters (Khorne), and Emperor's Children (Slaanesh) are all pretty good now!

DON'T REMIND ME SKREEEEE

I like you already.

Mono god is fine, especially Tzeentch and Nurgle. Slaanesh might struggle, but I've never actually seen Slaanesh daemons in person so I can't really say

You glorious bastard, I was considering doing exactly the same thing.

>A Riptide can totally beat a Heirodule,

A Heirodule would destroy a Riptide with no issues I think.

Either do what
Said, or focus on either Daemons or Marines. They tend to work better by themselves.

It doesn't have the firepower on its own to bring it down before it gets into melee with it.

So lads. It's pretty much confirmed at this stage that we're getting a new Thunderhawk and it's looking likely it's going to be plastic as GW goes into 'ultimate fan-service' mode.

How do you all feel about this? I'm somewhat doubtful that this is going to be a good move. It'll be OP as fuck, cost a fortune and people will bring it to 1000 pts games.

Some things should be left to FW.

>AP3 shooting

>ever getting into combat with a Riptide

Point for point, the Riptide is still better in most cases.

Doesn't matter. GW will have to nerf them in 8th, surely.

>WS4
>I3
>melee race

has anyone saw this?

>twitter.com/loyalcypher

It's faster than a riptide is.

I won't stop you.

Ignore those fucking faggots, they just think they're smart because they're regurgitating an untrue fact they read on 1d4chan and insisting it's true only because they don't know the stats for the Riptide of Heirodule and/or are shit at mathhammer.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

>Riptide gets the option to take 2 fusion blades and gains rage and can shoot twice if it doesn't charge. Also gets a point reduction.
Is more likely.

My AM lascannon teams are on a 4+ to hit. What's the cheapest way to make it a reliable 3+?

>Prospero ain't free. The path of psychic enlightment gotta be littred with the blood of space wulves. The Emperor aka "Daaaad" is not my leader. he is a book burning tyrnt and brobably a furry as well. :DD KNOWLEDGE and MAGIC not IGNORENCE and SUBERSTITION ok. praise tzeentch.

Any of you anons with better art skills than I who can make a Magnus Spurdo to go with this text?

Yeah, but three Riptides cost less and would have no issue beating it.

>So lads. It's pretty much confirmed at this stage that we're getting a new Thunderhawk
No it fucking isn't. I haven't heard anything whatsoever of this. Post sources (note the plural) and so help me if you post fucking BoLS.

Anyway, the Thunderhawk is shit, even in Apoc. I'd play a 1k game against one, because if it takes the tubolaser it's 730 points. I would table the faggot's tiny army before it ever showed up, but even if I failed at that it couldn't possibly hope to table a 1000 point army almost entirely by itself over the space of 4-6 turns.

Get a 25 point Astropath from the Imperial Agents codex, roll on Divination, and have him cast Prescience on the squad every turn for re-rolls to hit. Statistically it's better than a 3+.

Which is true but that isn't what OP said.

>but my autism won't allow me to mix gods
You'll do fine, brother.

Traitor Legions all the way, just a matter of deciding on one.

DG and TS you see the most often, which is a shame, Emperors Children psychic powers seem really fun and I want to hear more from people who use World Eaters to see if their distance-closing rules helps or not.

Reminder that Angron did nothing wrong.

Wtf how cheap are riptides I thought they were over 200pts?

Not him, but my autism demands that I use my legion's rules even if I want to use the WE rules, or not use traitor legion rules for non-traitor legion warbands.

Woah, wait, what I do now? I've been too busy sucking with paint.net to do much shitposting past the edition.

They don't, though. Three barebones Riptides is 585 points, and Riptides are also rather shit at killing giant monsters. I'm too lazy to math it out just to shut you faggots up, though.

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1676

Why so aggressive friend?

A new Thunderhawk design has been spotted in images in Prospero. Whether it's going to be plastic is debatable but FW has confirmed a new one is coming and refused to answer any questions about it at the open day.

user... GW an rewrite the rules. They're not going to make the significant invest this will take and not ensure it's the new Riptide.

I meant the OP of the riptide comment.

>sperged out and killed his own captains
I guess at least he didn't decimate his legion like some Imperial Fist wannabe

It moves twelve inches as a Garg, then can Run a certain amount for each weapon it gives up. If it runs, then it can't charge.

The riptide moves six inches, gets to shoot everything, then moves 2d6, the average of which is 7, giving it more base movement, minus whatever the Run results are. It's true the Riptide is faster but that's some slow going and plenty of time for it to shoot the thing down.

Sure it does. Nova-charged HBC can definitely eat up the Heirodule before it's in combat, especially if you have a Riptide Wing effect on it.

>Why so aggressive friend?

People have been claiming that a plastic Thunderhawk is going to be released for years. Literal years, the rumour started just after the Baneblade was redone in plastic. It's natural to be highly skeptical at this point.

Depends on whether they start long or short deployment. The riptide is only going to be able to back off so far. and does less than a wound on average per turn by itself.

Astropath can only roll on Telepathy.

>It does less than a wound on average per turn by itself

I guess if you count the roll to nova-charge, but if it's charged it's exactly one wound on average per turn. That's not including the slight statistical bonus whatever it's secondary weapon would add to it.

Not the Imperial Agents ones.

Nevermind you were right, I forgot the FNP

That's still not enough to kill it. It only takes 3 turns even at maximum distance for it to catch a riptide.

Don't have the codex at hand but something around 135 I think was the number.

They are TEQs after all :^)

They're 180 base.

I see a lot of people saying AL is really good, but I feel like they got shafted (not as bad as word bearers). We get some ok artifacts, mostly shit, we get some ok warlord traits, chosen as troops, and we get infiltrate on cultists/chosen/marines. That's it. The decurion is shit, extremely limiting, we get no actual improvements and it's not because we don't have to take marks. Iron warriors get stubborn and FnP 6+. And Hidden Deployment. oh boy, a +1 to our 4+ cultists. Cultists are overcosted trash. A base guard infantry squad costs the same, and they don't have to pay extra for their lasguns, AND they get flak armor instead of a shitty 6+. They can take meaningful weapon options too. I've never seen cultists amount to anything in a game other than sitting on an objective in my deployment zone or dying when i want them to

Can't Word Bearers do some crazy things with Daemons?

I read they can turn a Defiler into a Psyker that can never mishap due to the fact that it's a Daemon.

I want a small squad size, hard to kill AdMech melee unit so badly. Even fixed Electro-Priests would still follow a "buy 20 and throw them in their faces" horde playstyle while Sicarians are all about hit-and-run. A melee squad to stick Cawl or a Dominus into could be pretty fun, since a Cohort Cybernetica is way too expensive to run most of the time and when you do you'll give your TPD the Caduceus rather than the Pseudogenerator or even Uncreator Gauntlet to fuck shit up in melee.

>Defiler
It's shit.

It might not be shit after what they do to it.

Trips and quads confirm (as well as those other guys who replied to me), I'll probably go with the Daemonkin or a CSM army. Thanks, lads.

No, it's still shit. You're paying over 200 points for a Dreadnought with a 5++ (at best 4++ unless it summons up a Grimoire) that is also your Warlord, and have an absolutely fuckmassive profile. Like any Defiler, it would be shot off the board if your opponent wanted it gone, but even if it didn't die it would still struggle to make its points back because the Defiler is an abortion of a unit that has no idea what it's supposed to be doing.

>585 points

Good thing you aren't doing the math, faggot.

On what planet does 180x3=585?

iirc they can't do that with a defiler. The issue with the word bearers is they're supposed to use apostles, cultists, daemon princes and possessed. The only good unit of those is the DP. Idea is to daemon factory with the DP, which is boring as hell, and cheesy. They should have made it so you can make your sorcerer like a diabolist from 30k with an artifact. They should have buffed possessed, cultists and apostles. A lot of their artifacts are pretty useless too. They didn't get a daemon weapon, instead they got an ap3 power maul that gives preffered enemy (armies of the imperium) FOR 35 POINTS. They're just super monobuildy (like thousand sons)

I kind of what to take an Astropath with my Sisters and fluff it that they're just trying to get him killed because they're not allowed to kill it themselves for whatever reason.

>My lady, the wi-astropath has been slain
>Oh no... Not that...
>he was decapitated by a traitor astartes
>what a shame
>the astartes fell to our divine flames
>excellent

Riptide loses smash and goes down to 4 wounds. Does this remedy the problem?

A single Riptide cannot beat a Hierodule without some very lucky rolls.

A Riptide Wing can probably do it without too much issue.

No, the problem is it's supposed to be a fucking vehicle.

Then it's even harder for some armies to kill it.

So do we actually know who the current Fabricator General is?

Give me a single example.

Thank you to those who helped in the poll last thread.
After consideration I started looking for more names for my Kabal and while "Kabal of the Fractured Soul" won the poll, I found that "Kabal of the Torn Soul" rolls off the tongue better.

So I've decided to name my Kabal, the Kabal of the Torn Soul.

Pic related is a 2 second Photoshop mock-up of what I'm thinking for the Sigil.

Angron.

Is 250 points on a contemptor worth it?

Make it an AV13/12/10 Walker, still with its Invulnerable save, with 5 Hull Points and a special rule that lets it move as Jump Infantry. Failing a Nova Reactor roll means it just takes a glance with no saves allowed.

Dark Eldar :^)_______________________________

This. At least one person in this thread knows what is going on.

For the love of god just port all other walkers out of their outdated shitty rules already.

180, jfc

>captcha 3435 modelorama

>13/12/10 and it keeps its save and nova
w e w
12/12/10 at most lad

>and a special rule that lets it move as Jump Infantry.
Jet Infantry, but otherwise yes, this would do it.

Between its 2+ armour and FNP roll, a Riptide can soak up a lot of poison shots. Making it a vehicle means we can fuck it over with Haywire Blaster-equipped Scourges, or lock it out of the game with shakes and stuns.

I think it should be 11/11/11

That's the joke friend

Dubs gives my Patriarch a name.

Orks cannot deal with a jet-packing walker. Their anti-tank is mostly short range and/or in close combat. At least now they can whittle it down. Dark Eldar would find it more problematic too.

Ultimately, Riptides should not be vehicles. They should just be costed appropriately.

Yeah sorry, Jet is what I meant.

It's like twice the size of a Dread, and don't pretend most armies wouldn't be killing it with Lances, Melta, or Haywire anyway.

I fucking hope the make these fucks vehicles in 8th. Imagine all the awesome unpainted Tau armies available on ebay.

Yeah, I'd much prefer that. The Walker rules are god damn terrible and there is basically no walker that wouldn't be happier as a monstrous creature.

:^)

Rhagos

>Ultimately, Riptides should not be vehicles.

It's a giant walker piloted by a crewman. It's a vehicle. It should be a vehicle.

I'd rather them just shove it in a new category.

But I've often seen Ork players just bypass it and save it for last since the bulk of Tau units lack as much mobility as a Riptide.

Bob from Accounting.

He went undercover and by the time they were ready to overthrow the planet, it'd stuck.

Not him but 12 Front armour doesn't really represent the 2+ save well. As long as the sides aren't above 12 I think it's fine.