>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.me/5eg
strawpoll.me/12438586
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thread question because OP dropped the ball:
Assuming we don't get a Mystic UA any time soon, what other UAs would you like to see?

How many times can you forget

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.me/5eg

Always remember to read the manual.

That's the wrong one, your server is dead, and nobody fucking wants that shit on Veeky Forums

more bladelock

I played my first 5e game over the weekend. It was pretty fun, if simple because we were running Phandelver and half the players were kids.

Bought some Chessex dice and a really cool character sheet holder, think I'll go back this weekend too.

The group was eclectic as hell. Three kids, one stereotypical sweatpants LOUD VOICE nerd, one quiet guy, and me.

strawpoll.me/12438586
strawpoll.me/12438586
strawpoll.me/12438586

If your least favorite archetype isn't listed, post it here as a reply.

Always remember to bring a towel

I want a UA about Epic-level spells, but that will never happen.

I talked to Chris Perkins about it once, and he said they clipped the level cap and got rid of Epic, because they wanted to encourage DMs to start campaigns more often rather than run the same characters in the same party for years.

Amongst the realms of possible UAs, I want one for crafting magical items.

>Character sheet holder.

I want this. I have at least 40 pieces of paper in characters only.

Didn't get a chance to play the last UA (Mass combat).
Good or bad? I like the idea of my paladins and fighters graduating into battle commanders.

>Forget

There are very few experiences quite like helping introduce a new generation to the hobby. You're good people.

Continue from the last thread so should orcs and the discussion of orcs not be allowed in /5eg/ from now on?

>anything from the last thread
Fuck off, that's a containment thread now

Orcs are still a majority CE.

Therefore, it will would lower the net gain of evil acts in the future, and thus be classified as a good act to genocide them

Thanks! I had played D&D derivatives before (3.5 knockoffs, Pathfider, etc). The kids were all a bit overwhelmed, so the DM gave me the bulk of the roleplaying stuff, since the Quiet Guy's character shtick was not talking and LUD GUY was playing a kobold druid because he could.

No, seriously, that argument got too heated and crowded out all other discussion. You can continue it in the old thread but let's start new topics here.

containment has been breached, because you should have enacted more preventive measures before you made the new thread?

Keep old thread arguments in old thread, thanks.

That conversation was bad. Hold it in the old thread if you must.

>Muslims are still a majority CE

>Therefore, it will would lower the net gain of evil acts in the future, and thus be classified as a good act to genocide them

Really I beat the shit out of your your argument and you shit up the next thread? GO TAKE YOUR FUCkING MEDS YOU AUTIST.
Good doesn't and never has worked on an, the ends justify the means perspective in D&D, NEVER, see the above faggot and go elsewhere. I'm done with you and your shit..

Hey guys. It's the user who rolled an 18 dex on a on a paladin, I want you guys to know him and his while/halberd are doing absolutely grand, and the dm was nice enough to let me have a giant frog as a steed.

>implying I'm op

The ends do not justify the means.

Optimus Prime would be ashamed.

Real world morality and topics does not apply to 5e.

Unless you can show me where in any 5e material Muslims are mentioned please fuck off.

Now please resume the discussion of orc genocide.

Possible alternative to orc genocide: enslave all orcs, and forcefully have them work for the betterment of society.

>Now please resume the discussion of orc genocide.
Let us not discuss either and keep this shit either in old thread or /pol/ where it belongs, alignmentfag.

This is true though

Oh look at that, right there in the manual, the good gods object to something on the basis that it would be slavery.

So how exactly do I salvage this map?

are you saying that it would be an overall good act for the state of the general if my posts were to be genocided?

If so I will submit and move onto other realms that need my help in combating the orc menace.

"Monster"
Lmao

Google Inkarnate.

>mono-race kingdoms

Make the entire planet a giant beholder being skull fucked?

Here you go, 100% improved.

>Amongst the realms of possible UAs, I want one for crafting magical items.
That's a good one.

But user that's eeeeevul

How good would a warforged bard by the name of "Optimus Rhyme" be?

depends, whats his stance on orc slavery?

He doesn't like their savage music.

He'd be a Warforged Paladin, but, I could go for that, if the setting had a not!Rome.

Don't.

Unless this is a low tier group, it'll make the game sillier for no reason when you can just do the same character, exactly the same, but with a name that isn't a reference.

Unless it's a joke campaign. Then sure. It's a good pun.

How many eyes doth a beholder contain?

three or four

As many as you fucking deem necessary but at least 11 i think 10 stalks, one body eye.

His name is Optimus rhyme, not Optimus pray-all-the-time

Not enough to see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch!

Paladins do not need to pray or have a god in 5e, faggot. Optimus Prime was a Paladin of Primus, prove me wrong motherfucker, prove me wrong.

Are there any feats that are considered good for a Monk? Giving it a look over none except Mobile stand out and I won't need it much.

What are some noice magic items for spellcasters I can expect for low levels

Lucky
Alert maybe?

Tavern Brawler lets you grapple, that could be good.

Robe of Useful Things
Driftglobe
Wand of Magic Missiles

Winged Boots are totally awesome for spellasters at low levels because having a third plane to move in when most things are only 2d means the only thing that can threaten you are ranged attacks and flying enemies.

hey map user, I tried to help but I don't know what the fuck I'm doing so I will stop before I hurt myself

>I missed an alignment argument
Genociding Orcs is only non-Evil if all Orcs are actively doing Evil. Just being CE (or whatever) isn't enough. You can kill Evil creatures in Evil ways.

Holy fuck that's much better than mine.

Thank you so much, and thank you , I'll make sure I make it better than ever.

>Wishing for all orcs to die
or
>Wishing for all orcs to become good
Which is better?

>Not wishing that orcs would be your harem gfs

We have a myconid in our game that functions as our taverns alcohol brewer. Myconids are dope.

Hey anons? Does anyone have some art for a weapon hilt with elemental abilities?

>map time
Naming shit sucks ass.

Name the one next to Catarri "Salien."

I always just come up with a vague mood/culture for each area and base the names off that, with the cultures having a sort of "gradiation" of weirdness the further in each direction you go so that the names appear to flow from one place to another.

But my character's a half-orc that hates orcs.

Shit on the right are basically European states (Sweden, Ireland, England x3, Italy, Germany, France, Greece), stuff in the south is Dwarven Mexico, the north is Quebecois Elves.

Pick a word for
Town
Land
Castle
Fort
Country
Homeland
Region
and then apply names of people and land features to them
NameOfMountainTown
FortOfLordOfRegion
stuff like that.

The more orcs he fucks the more half-orcs there will be, thus lessening the number of orcs

How original. How about a half orc that hates humans for once?

Rip lines straight from Uncle Ruckus, and keep mentioning how your mother was a beautiful, pure bred, human woman, and your father was a damned tusk monkey.

I always figured most half-orcs disliked both personally.

Maybe one that likes and embraces both sides of his lineage would be fun to play.

>My orc father was raped by a human woman when I was young. I now have a racial hatred of humans for all time.

Reverse it and that actually works fantastically.
Human not!slaveowner "rapes" his not!property or straight up slavery, but that can cause political issues in a group if its racially based and disowns the offspring, and treats the mom like trash.

I was mostly just going for maximum silly subversion.

It's not like I'm playing him as a joke, either, only if orcs come up in conversation in-character.

Yeah but that's actually original and, by extension, not okay.

His not isn't Optimus prime it Optimus rhyme dumbass ,Jesus, it's a play on words.

Why say
>"rapes"
Do you think forcing slaves to have sex with you isn't rape?

Nice Numerica map, user.

You could always go Classical Greek with it.

Have your father be a commander in an army that fought against an Orc raid, and desecrated the corpses in a crude display of power under the idea that they could stop Orc attacks by stooping down to that level of barbarism.

Offended by this insult to the Orcish people, their God cursed the commander that his first born child shall inherit Orcish blood in his veins, and make him a Half-Orc.Have the mother be attached to the child the same way the Queen of Minos was to the Minotaur, so he lived relatively nobly until he came of age or his mother died.

Boom, half Orc.

Is Thamuertgy a good cantrip? I was looking at cantrips warlocks don't normally have because Tome Warlock. Already decided on Guidance and Mending.

I was trying to imply that any illegality would have been ignored or nonexistent, and that it probably wasn't physically forced, and the not!owner wouldn't have seen it as rape.

I also was trying to avoid being entirely historical with it, which i clarified in the spoiler, as to avoid politics.

Nah, they're all dead by now, he was raised by a wizard who found him after the tribe tried destroying his castle but got fucked up by magic. I'm not trying to work on backstory, here, I'm asking which would be preferable/more good between

>killing all orcs through Wish
or
>having all orcs be good through wish

Who would be an enemy of elementals in general?

Both are pretty shitty.

Relying on a spell that doesn't really work that way anyway for your entire character motivation doesn't leave much for the DM to actually use.

Plus, let's say you get to level 17, your done, games over. It's bad for storytelling.

Look at Obould, he hates the stereotypical orc, and tries to make an actual civilization out of them. Sure, it fails, but that's a much better story than him loading up a genocide weapon.

Thaumaturgy is good for talking in situations where you normally can't talk. Like in a vacuum, or underwater.

Message is inherently better, however. I'd recommend Message, Sacred Flame, and Shillelagh, as that last one lets you use your spellcasting mod to add to a d8, and Sacred Flame is just strong.

It's not the whole character goal right now, just something that I was considering and brought up since it seemed topical. The real goal right now is to get revenge on the two dudes who killed the wizard and took all his stuff, along with whatever else the party's doing.

Why use sacred flame when you have eldritch blast?

Would you recommend Message for a Great Old One? I have this 30ft telepathy thing so I didn't really look at message.

Hey guys so how well does booming blade synergize with mobile? How smart do other creatures have to be to not recognize the secondary effect? How has it worked in your games?

Depends largely on your DM; intelligent creatures are unlikely to fall for it more than once, even if they're not magically inclined. 'Mindless' creatures like undead will get fucked up by it though.

How long does it take for a completely new person to learn a cantrip in lore?

>My orc father raped a human woman
>Humans are weak and cowardly
>My human grandfather was too weak to fight back against the superior orcs
>My human uncle was too cowardly to try and rescue my mother
>Why should I embrace being descended from such weak people?

My players have recently finished a big quest involving helping out some cultists revive their archfey patron, and I'm at a loss at what to throw at my players next. What would be some fun adventure ideas to run a 13th level party through?

Hard mode: make the theme oriental

Excuse me?

Wish that he doesn't hate orcs anymore. It's the only way to move forward.

One tool proficiency takes 250 days of 8 hours' practice. The Skilled feat grants 3 such proficiencies. The Magic Initiate feat gives 2 cantrips and a first level spell, and it can be reasoned that learning the non-draining and more basic cantrips take less time to learn than the spell. So, 250 days or less, assuming they have 13 of the requisite stat, if you want to use feat algebra.

People have stopped dying. No ones knows why, the gods are at a loss. When a body is destroyed beyond use, the astral self just keeps sticking around.

Well, I know somewhere in the lore that during the dawn war, Gods and Primordials clashed. I'd imagine that the servants of some divine entities would want to quell the elementals.

If we are just coming up with enemies, then maybe creatures that don't adhere to classical elements (possibly some form of eldritch horror or other aberration). Maybe a creature that "destroys" the elements, or something that can disintegrate things.

War breaks out between two houses over control of a major trading hub that lies in the middle of a river that exists as their borders, and both sides have been summoning minor elementals to cause havoc to the other's merchants. So the Merchant King, tired of both houses fucking around on his island, hires the heroes to help establish their island's sovereignty. You can mix up negotiations, rescue missions, and quests to break through to the summoning rituals of either or both houses without giving away their involvement.

Eventually it would either end with peace through negotiations, the town siding with one house against the other, leading to the heroes helping with an invasion against the other houses' lands, or siding with the Merchant King and leading a defense against the two houses launching simultaneous or near simultaneous attacks on the island, and declaring peace through superior firepower.