Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What do you think of /pfg/'s official draph stats? They get +4 Strength and Powerful Build!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?516735-Spheres-of-Power-Life-Handbook-Open-Beta
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70319/of-dragons-and-men-dot-dot-dot-and-more-dragons
enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1041
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I really just want people posting more Draph art.

I still want to FUCK Iomedae! A brave mortal with a prestige class won't satisfy my lusts!

Have you made your preparations for the End yet, /pfg/?

Draph v2

+4 Str
+2 Con
-2 Wis
Speed: 30ft
Powerful Build: When Beneficial, assume one size category larger. Females can use weapons two size categories larger.

Sexually Dimorphic: Males are Medium Creatures, Females are Small Creatures.

Industrious: +2 racial skill bonus to Craft, and Knowledge (Engineering)

Alt racial Traits:
Goring horns: Gain gore attack, replace Industrious.

--------------------------------------------------------

Male
+4 Str
+2 Con
-2 Wis
medium

Female
+2 Str
+4 Con
-2 Wis
Medium

Powerful Build: When Beneficial, assume one size category larger.

Sexually Dimorphic: Males and females have different stat arrays.

Industrious: +2 racial skill bonus to Craft, and Knowledge (Engineering)

Alt racial Traits:
Goring horns: Gain gore attack, replace Industrious.

yall can build off that if you want.

Starting age for adulthood is 13 i think.

An avowed can gain that divine grace as part of their natural class progression, which is much more convenient than a two-level dip that delays their other class features.

That seems...OP

Just learned that the Life sphere has a handbook in playtesting. giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?516735-Spheres-of-Power-Life-Handbook-Open-Beta

>Women get +4 con, +2 Str
>Men get +4 str, +2 Con

That... Actually makes a lot of sense.

Would you allow Eldritch Scion to stack with Hexcrafter and Blackblade?

One of my players wants to play a Halfling Magus with those three archetypes and I'm not sure if I should allow it since it seems that they don't stack RAW.

The thing is, almost everybody else at the table is a PoW initiator or near-full caster of some kind, and I don't think this'd be especially unbalanced in comparison.

>4 levels deep into class you can get stat-to-saves
>if you keep going in that class, you retain the benefits of that ability as part of your class's progression

WOW. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT. Does this mean if I go full Paladin I get-YEA, I DO! As part of the natural progression of my class! WOW! This is so broken!

>I really just want people posting more Draph art.

I think this one's really cute!

Also, it is worth noting that the new Overcharge Modulation is *wholly insane* when paired with Hellfire Talent, which adds +1 damage per die at two damnation feats.

probably is. honestly , dont care too much to fix it right now.

The second statblock is probably more "balanced". THe first Statblock is for NPCs to bring the smack down on your party of optimizors

I do not know about you, but this:

>Mind and Matter (4th): Your pact has strengthened you, body, mind, and soul. You gain a bonus equal to your Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws. This does not stack with similarly untyped Charisma bonuses on saves (such as from a paladin's divine grace or the who help themselves clause).

Is certainly more useful than this:

>Filth Absorption (4th): As a standard action, you can absorb filth and detritus. You clean that area completely, consuming all disease, grime, food, and trash within 5 feet. This functions as a remove disease spell targeting all adjacent creatures (caster level equal to your avowed caster level) and a prestidigitation to clean the area. If you cure someone of a disease, you become infected with it. In addition, whenever you damage a creature with an aether pulse, you can infect them with one disease you carry to them. This works as if they had caught it normally, except its save DC is equal to your aether pulse save DC.

It is also arguably better than this:

>Fairy Ring (4th): As a move action, you may mark a square you occupy with a ring of mushrooms for a number of rounds equal to your avowed level. Once per round as a free action, you may return to that circle. This is a teleportation effect, and you may only have one Fairy Ring at a time. If you use this ability to make a new one, the older one withers and fades.

That's stupidly overpowered just because you want to favor your 100% only-for-sexual-reasons race. Be ashamed.

Iomedae would not form healthy relationships, having the mind of a child (see: events of WotR, and that one prestige class that makes her out to be a vain piece of shit)

Isn't Eldritch Scion a downgrade option anyway? Let it fly. Hexcrafter on Black Blade is the only thing powerful here and they don't really combine into anything dangerous so much as allow extra utility.

Seriously? I finished up my app hours ago and you push this out? You're cruel, friend.

>Iomedae would not form healthy relationships

Iomedae had a love-child with the God of Dragons!

Iomedae is a Dragonlayer! She forgot the S but remembered the D!

>only-for-sexual-reasons
>not wanting to wield big weapons as a small chick

So! Speaking of races, what are some that you like to play? What are some you would like to play, given the opportunity? Is there something you wish WAS a playable race?

The fly on the wall lesser clause should stipulate that the scout's Fine-sized Stealth bonus applies; otherwise, it is hardly worth a lesser clause slot.

Issun's daughter sure is cute

Real talk, This is me goofing off. It's not a part of dragons. If it is, they're an NPC race. Or a race for a backup character after the main one dies horribly in the Mawagi Expanse looking for the Stone Heart of Akmaundi to make the Demesne a Flying Fortess

Len?

Well, I want to play them because they fit snug into my obsession with big burly bruisers, and this fits that to a T!

Oh, speaking of!

Hey! SwimmingEagle! I've got an idea on how the Draph could've came about in Golarion! Susurex, the Crystal King, is infamous in Osirion's Glazen Sheets as both a brutal dictator and an amoral researcher. He regularly employs enslaved humans to work the scorching crystal mines, maybe he created the Draph for the same reason the progenitor race in Granblue created them?

>Or a race for a backup character after the main one dies horribly in the Mawagi Expanse looking for the Stone Heart of Akmaundi to make the Demesne a Flying Fortess

>mfw I'm trying to figure out how a Mwangi (or even Sargavan) could have gotten to Thuvia or Taldor

Pacts are intended to be balanced with each other as a whole as much as possible, even accounting for dips, rather than the abilities in a vacuum. Mind and Matter is a strong ability, yes. That said, as it's already available by taking two levels in Paladin or Antipaladin, we're not immensely concerned.

That said, Fairy Ring allows you to be out of reach of a lot of abilities that would FORCE a save, and Filth Absorption can do some very nasty things once you've picked up an appropriately debilitating disease. Mind and Matter is strong numerically, but gives you no additional options.

I think they want it because it keys the Magus off of CHA instead of INT to fit the Halfling racial bonuses better.

It does seem strictly worse since you can't use spellstrike unless you spend a pool point to be in mystic focus or whatever.

What if I just allowed Hexcrafter or Black Blade to key the class to CHA instead and say fuck Scion? Would that be broken, you think? I want all my players to feel impactful outside of raw numbers, which I know the Magus has in spades.

Nah, Charisma is overall not as strong a stat. You might want to have them take a look at being a Small Tiefling though if the racial attributes are driving the race selection. It fits default Magus without alteration.

Hey, if she's immature, she'll probably put out even sooner!

The part where that two-level paladin dip delays clause progression means that it is not *quite* as good a deal for an avowed. It has weighty alignment restrictions, it grants only a marginal BAB increase, and the smite is only once-per-day.

>That said, Fairy Ring allows you to be out of reach of a lot of abilities that would FORCE a save, and Filth Absorption can do some very nasty things once you've picked up an appropriately debilitating disease
Both of these also generally require much more finesse to use properly (free actions have to be taken on your turn, for instance), whereas the raw numerical increase will save you from everything from fear effects to confusions to stinking clouds.

I don't know what a Draph is but I know an overpowered race when I see one

>What do you think of /pfg/'s official draph stats? They get +4 Strength and Powerful Build!
Shouldn't they just be, you know, dwarves?

It's a race of horned !notDwarves from Granblue Fantasy. The men are big and burly, and the women are short, voluptuous, and want to have your babies.

>want to have your babies
Do they actually, or is this just the amount of hentai doujins talking?

Are there any fantasy species where the women are a lot bigger than the men and kind of scary?

I only ever see the dimorphism go the other way.

They have been magically shaped to be baby-making machines.

Insects are universally this.

Oh, and the Locust Horde I guess.

They don't really have a psychological urge to breed, it's just something they can do really, really easy.

That unfortunate race of kitties in GW2 that exists because of an artist's hissy fit. Then again, females and males are both ugly as rocks and scary. Females just larger and shittier.

There isn't actually any difference in the social roles and personality of the men and the women with Draph. They don't really have a society so they just all do their own thing.

Story time?

How relevant is it to be able to 5ft step through difficult terrain? Nimble Moves seems very situational in its usefulness.

>That unfortunate race of kitties in GW2 that exists because of an artist's hissy fit.

What, the Charr? I didn't know they were a result of that. I need story!

It's been a long while, so take this with a grain of salt. But as I remember it, GW was pressing for a race of big burly male felines, and sex kittens female. Serious artist for the game went REEEE and "I need feminism because" And dug in. And because they were apparently hot shit, that's why Charr are god awful.

Also note, I'm salty and charr are awesome, I just would have also liked to have sex kittens.

I was under the impression that male and female charr were about the same size. The artists's hissy fit was over how the females either needed no boobs or SIX.

They went with none.

Expanding on that, they pushed artist to give the Charr breasts. Artist demanded that if that's the case, they have six of them down the stomach.

The pic I included in my original post is the thing driving race selection I think. He's the kind of person who finds a piece of character art that he likes and build something to fit it. I'll throw the idea of small tiefling at him, but he can be kinda turbo-autismo and probably won't go for it.

Honestly I'm happy at the choice to avoid sexual dimorphism with Charr. It always bothers me in games.

SHAME ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE THEY DID WITH THE RACE THOUGH.

What, you don't think this qualifies?

I mean hey, you do you. Not for me though. I prefer plantigrade slut trash.

>He's the kind of person who finds a piece of character art that he likes and build something to fit it

Hey, I do that too!

Didn't Guild Wars 2 have an extremely cringeworthy "main cast" of heroes?

A lot of us do. It's why I have delicious brown punchgirl app for dragon2.

Thinking about running an 18+ Wrath of the Righteous game, probably leaning a little bit more on the side of the geopolitical shenanigans and the plans of the kingdoms and tribes around the Worldwound.

Probably use those rules for leading troops and organizations.

Anyone interested?

The catch is that it'd have to run on Wednesday.

>Anyone interested?

I'd totally be interested, especially if it's got a focus on the Kellid side of the story.

What's the best PoW discipline to emulate the kind of trash talk that can get you an upper hand before a brawl? I'm leaning Golden Lion, but I also want to put Intimidate to good use.

Eternal Guardian/Black Seraph have some intimidate shenanigans.

>Wrath of the Righteous campaign centered around the struggles of the Not!Celts as they try to retake their blighted, violated homeland

We Dark Souls now? If some of the stories associated with the Kellid struggle in the Worldwound are any indication, they'd totally be the types to have Abyss Watchers.

You would find players for it easily, the one that closed yesterday picked up 40+ apps so you've got 30ish people floating around ready to apply.

Where's the link to that game, anywho.

I really need a new character sheet. Anybody got suggestions? I'd prefer something online.

Myth-Weavers has an excellent character sheet template you can fill out and store on their website!

Is Mythweaver no good?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70319/of-dragons-and-men-dot-dot-dot-and-more-dragons

Thanks!

I've tried Mythweavers and frankly I'm not huge on it. Their pathfinder sheet isn't conductive to playing a brutal slayer.

No no, that's good! That's a good thing that your player does! I was just suggesting to take a look if he specifically didn't care and was shaping around a build of some kind.

I'm leery that you have to specify 18+ here. We're already 18+, so are you just referring to the kind of game you want to run and not the players you want?

Not the DM but I've assumed for ages that any mention of 18+ here referred to an ERP game.

Okay, I'm glad there's instant interest but there is /one/ concern.

Which is that I've never actually GMed Pathfinder. I've done lots of other games, from the various 40K RPGs to lots of Shadowrun and oWoD, so crunchy systems and overpowered PCs don't bother me. So for the sake of running a good game, what should I brush up on?

Content, obviously. I sort of imagine it being a little Game of Thrones in terms of the T&A. A little sexposition here, a major character owning a brothel there.

I think I prefer these sheets over everything I've used bar none, but they're not web forms or anything. If you have a Google Drive folder shared between your devices you'd have it there, though.

enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1041

So a normal game that anyone over like 15 runs?

>So for the sake of running a good game, what should I brush up on?

Assuming you know the ins and outs of the system?

Please please *please* gorge on the lore of the region and the basic snippets on the various major ethnicities. Putting those little touches can turn a serviceable game into a great game.

The thing is, he said both races can fit the image (I have him over for a session-0 type deal) and that he could go both ways.

I really cannot see fractured shadows being a final clause given that it staggers you. It should be a greater clause at most.

Likewise, into the night's shadow walk effect is too tame for a final clause; that could be a lesser clause, and it would not be out of place.

I guess I also don't mind if people do ERP during side-sessions, if there's the odd mainstream fetish like prostitution, lesbians, genderbending and handholding between a boy and a girl. I probably won't be GMing lawful paladin dickings finishing off the arc bosses though.

DMing isn't as bad as you'd think, not when you have an adventure path walking you through with stuff. You don't even need to be particularly great with system mastery, just understand the basics of all the relevant rulesets, any group that doesn't have someone in it that covers all the rules for them will never suffer for their ignorance.

As the other user said, read up on the setting. Some useful books are Inner Sea Gods, The Worldwound, and Lost Kingdoms. I think they're all in the OP.

Any fat-chested shield-maiden types the party could woo and waifu, or big dashing Paladin hunks to sweep us off our feet?

Well, it's up to him what flavor he wants. We can tell you that Tiefling is an overall more powerful race, but it's not dramatically so.

It's also not a matter of true *outclassing* even if one is overall better. With a Charisma focus and a Cha-adapted Magus, he'd get a little different roleplaying opportunities (I forget if they have more than just Intimidate as Charisma-based class skills, but Use Magic Device is useful anyway), but far fewer skill points. The character would also have a very different personality, too, obviously.

Unfortunately for you the shield-maiden has an average bust size and is very tall (6'4") and so feels like her chest size is underwhelming and is angsty about it. Especially next to the tittymonster bard.

Paladin hunks guaranteed 100%. Also come in half-orc and dwarven bearlet edition.

>Especially next to the tittymonster bard.

Say what now?

>doesn't have tittymonster Cha 18 bards in his party

I don't feel comfortable with that. She's going to put an eye out with one of those things.

I just think having a bardic girl with huge breasts in the middle of Rapeville is kind of dangerous!

I want to play as a minotaur, which book should I get?

I wish there were more bug races. I wanted to play a monstrous race once just for the novelty. I usually pay humans. You? I'd love a naga constrictor race

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me which /pfg/ meme character you think would make the best waifu/husbando.

I don't know anything about /pfg/ meme characters. I wish I did.

>Making Rory the Skinwalker Slayer/Spiritualist for dragon game
>Putting the finishing touches on the mythweavers sheet
>Be satisfied with it
>Hit exit
>Forget that I forgot to save
>Get confirmation that I want to leave
>hit "leave this page"
>lose all my progress
>starting over now

life is pain

PFFFFFFT FT FT FT

>Susurex, the Crystal King, is infamous in Osirion's Glazen Sheets as both a brutal dictator and an amoral researcher.
Was he driven to betray his own kind because he lacked the stone scales of immortality?

Now you can play "fill in the blank" all over again!

should i just literally make forte for dragongame?

No, he's just an asshole.

And a pervert.

And a bitch.

No, but he's still basically Seath.

Fuck.

Well, help me out here. I'm planning on using Riven Hourglass and Primal Fury. What stuff do I want from those disciplines?

Do it. Use Rage of Bahamut and not Granblue art please.

Oh no, someone doesn't want to play a braindead easy choice.

You know, Touhou, there's ways to play a game besides the most optimal, you know?

I'd definitely be down, I've got a character I've been itching to try out in a WotR game.

Also, like other anons have suggested, read up on the essential lore for the region. Having that extra level of detail on-hand makes things feel a lot smoother. Also, learn the Mythic rules.