Tfw should have been Warmaster but wyrd said otherwise

>tfw should have been Warmaster but wyrd said otherwise

Aren't warmasters supposed to be good at war though?

He was the loyallest though.

Also an unpopular douchebag who could never have effectively commanded other Primarchs in a combined multi-Legion force.

give literally one example

Russ was pretty widely respected among the Primarchs though. He was second found so that gives him the informal rank of second highest ranked Primarch

Lion punched him in the face

Lets not act like the lion was the most sociable Primarch. Even his own Legion thought he had trouble identifying humor and people's intentions.

Russ on the other hand has been described by non other than Garvial Loken (who had met just about all the Primarchs multiple times) as the most human of all the Primarchs. Russ also the only Primarch who comes to mind who didn't team kill one of his "sons"

Lion never punched Sanguinius or Horus in the face.

Your point? Horus and the mutant had nothing to do with this conversation

>Your point?

It was YOUR fucking point you fucking dipshit

>Russ also the only Primarch who comes to mind who didn't team kill one of his "sons"

Holy fucking shit

>It's a Russfags pretend their Primarch was top tier thread
Sad. Russ's greatest '''''victory''''' was team killing a guy who didnt even want to fight. Everything else thats good about the Space Wolves was present before or after Russ. Only Angron has a worse effect on his legion IMO.

Seriously Russ's whole 'I'm only pretending to be a barbarian' bullshit is so fucking gay. If all you ever do is act like a duck and look like a duck, dont try and pull a 'MUH PRETENDING' when called a duck. Just makes you look extra retarded.

Sanguinius with self-confidence would literally be the perfect being.

>It was YOUR fucking point you fucking dipshit
No son, Sangy and Horus had nothing to do with the conversation. You just moved the goalposts by bringing them up in this conversation

>Holy fucking shit
Seriously. Did Russ ever kill one of his Legion? Because literally every other Primarch murdered one of their own in cold blood at least once

I eagerly await your response

>Because literally every other Primarch murdered one of their own in cold blood at least once

Source your shit you autist.

He was already perfect.

No, he killed marines from other peoples legions.

That's real leadership.

>>Holy fucking shit

>being this fucking retarded and thinking that was a quote and not pointing out your own fucking retardation

Holy fucking shit

I challenged you, you prove me wrong and stop getting so upset dude. It's a fucking 40k thread lol

That was his job though, and the ones he killed deserved it such as that Thousand Son Chaos Spawn

he was quoting user, or do you not know how greentext works?

>and the ones he killed deserved it such as that Thousand Son Chaos Spawn
Sure they did. No matter that that's not what the Emperor ordered or wanted, its only important that Russ didnt like them so they deserved it right?

Daily remainder that the destruction of prospero and the thousand sons was sanctioned by the Emperor's own hand as he gave Russ total liberty to hunt down and bring back Magnus

He's talking about Leman killing the chaos spawn 1KS on Shrike dude. You seem out of your class in this argument.

Corax would probably do a lot of stuff to act against Russ since he acted as a mediator when Perturabo and Corax had a disagreement. But that's Corax and he's a Emp bitch who complains to everyone.

>Horus with self-confidence would literally be the perfect being.
FTFY

>Be brought forth in censure and bound by lore to stand before the Throne of Imperial Terra

I finally figured out why Prospero happened. Whose idea was it to send written orders to barely uplifted dogs who cant read?

Flesh change is not the same as spawnhood, fucking space wolves players learn the fucking lore!!

There's like 3 primarchs who were ahead of him in the warmaster candidacy, not even counting Horus

>He's talking about Leman killing the chaos spawn 1KS on Shrike dude.
If he was it wasnt clear to me otherwise I might not have joined the arguement. Besides the flesh change isnt chaos spawning so hes fucking wrong anyway, as would claiming that kill as justified.

>You seem out of your class in this argument.
This is actually how I picture you now. Havent had to bring this one out in awhile.

Traitor primarch a purged their legion so that counts right?
That leaves us the loyalists.
Lion killed Nemiel?
That's all I can remember

>lol tts device reference am I cool yet guys?!
You're everything that's wrong with this hobby

When did Vulkan or Robby kill any of their "sons"?

The fuck you even talking about lol? Complaining about a reference that the other person doesnt know is next level user.

Didn't Horus tamper with the order though?

It was Corax and Horus who had the spat

Gulliman didn't command the respect that Russ did, Lion couldn't be trusted and Ferrus was ironically too hotheaded

Hot meme lad

Perturabo and decimation

Lionel knocking off that one captains head

Corax purposely sending all his Terran legionaries to die because "much freedom"

Dorn when he committed to the Iron Cage to purge his legion of non Codex Astarte conformists

That's all that I can think of.

>Hot meme lad
The meme was secondary to the response but its nice to see you had no argument.

Yes but either way Russ was allowed to be as drastic as he wished and even without Horus tampering the TS weren't going to let the SW burn their libraries and destroying their research, battle was unavoidable.

>Gulliman didn't command the respect that Russ did

>justifying text to speech device and 1D4 Chan references

I dont watch text to speech and 1d4chan memes are Veeky Forums memes you fucking newfag.

But the order says bring Magnus to Terra not burn Prospero.

He never even tried talking to Magnus.
Why is that.

In Know No Fear it is stated that Gulliman is looked down on by most his brothers

Angron killed quite a few of his World Eaters when he was first kidnapped by the Emperor.

>flesh changes
>not of chaotic origin and irremediably mutating them into chaos monsters
>being this much into denial
Thousand sons players everybody!

>In a Black Library novel something wrong is stated
Colour me shocked.

>being this mad

You should be in therapy.

The flesh change was a genetic flaw from their geneseed. Something the Wolves should start talking shit about honestly.

>Using head Canon as facts
Oh boy this gets better by the second

1. The order says "by any and all means he may find needful, without limit in law, [or] sanction

>He never even tried talking to Magnus
yes he did

really? because im sure that they just dropped out of warp and started blasting the shit out of prospero's orbital defenses

And the fact that Tzeench in admits he is responsible for the flesh changes in the thousand sons novel must be ignored right?

>Using head Canon as facts
Facts? You somehow took a joke this seriously? Wow. Thanks for you input mang. Can wait for this next (You) with you doubling down.

>in the thousand sons novel must be ignored right?
Are you talking about a BL novel? If so then of course? Who uses BL scub as a source these days lol? There's plenty of canon material you can go read instead.

The plot demanded it

That's because Horus changed the Emperor's order. The Emperor's order was to do whatever it took to bring Magnus to Terra to answer for what he and his legion had done.

Horus changed the order to "Kill em all".

And I'm pretty sure you can't read. Russ tried to reason with Magnus before launching the assault on Prospero

Every time you put "lol" before the question mark in your sentence, I'm imagining you laughing with an upward inflection. Like you're laughing in the tone that one would ask a question in.

Did he? here and I don't remember that, I thought the Space Puppies just got the order from Horus, never questioned it, and gleefully went to doing what they wanted to do in the first place.

Either way, Emps wanted Magnus alive.

Why do Transexual Sonsfags hate BL so much?

Because "Black Library sucks" is a meme and even though it is officially sanctioned by GW others feel like they can pick and choose themselves which pieces of lore are canon and which are not.

>Transexual Sons
I dont get it.

>rapidly going to the victim complex
Typical TS player
Yes you're using head Canon and memes as facts, Leman Russ was not a savage when he joined the Emperor, he was the conqueror of Fenris and the Emperor arrived only when he had heard rumours of him as the king of Fenris, he was just taken to Terra to learn Gothic, imperial warfare and the use the imperial technologies.

1. Russ didn't want Magnus alive. That wasn't clear especially considering his exact words at Nikea.

2. Yeah Russ attempted to reason with Fagnus. Everyone thought Kasper Hawser has a 1KS spy and Russ appealed to him before launching the assault

>Leman Russ was not a savage when he joined the Emperor

can any of you thousand sons mental midgets make a legit argument without memeing?

>Being this new and ignorant of the lore

So much asspain in one post, which opens the floodgate to...

Alllll this asspain and autistic screeching. Would some of you angry neckbeards mind screen capping this post? There's only 16 posters in this thread and I'd feel a lot better if I knew it was only 2 or 3 shitlords arguing with each other instead of 5-10.

No thats right he was just pretending to be a reta.. I mean, a barbarian.

Blame ts players, since black library back stab them they relay only on head Canon to keep going since everyone else (GW and FW) kept their stance that, well yeah it's all Magnus' fault.

Inferno is about to troll the shit out of you. You should look up the leaks to prepare.

You mean like sanctioning every action the SW took against the TS?

The Khan stopped that rebellion in Scars bloodlessly and formed the traitors into suicide companies does that count?

Mkay. Please clarify the 'bring Magnus to me clause' and why didnt Russ follow it in your eyes?

>thinks it's just 3 people and not literally the entire thread calling you and that other faggot a dumbass

Look at the fucking time stamps moron. Maybe it's not everyone else, it's just you.

None of the posts I quoted were replies to me, user. Just saying, there's a lot of people getting extremely upset about this.

Because Horus change that part to kill Magnus

Those time stamps are far enough apart to support the theory that it's just a couple of different people posting, and I'll bet around half of them were you.

So why are you backing away from what Russ did by blaming it on Horus, Yet claiming Russ did nothing wrong because of the Emperors orders. Pick one please.

Emperor was the one who wanted Magnus returned to Terra. Horus had gone bad by that point and wanted the Thousand Sons out of the way, so he intercepted the order from the Emperor and changed it to "destroy Magnus and his legion".

I'm glad you enjoy taking sucker bets, it proves the theory--nay--fact, that you were a fucking retard. Especially when you have multiple posts occurring within 30 seconds of each other.

Not according to Inferno which is where that document he claimed sanctioned Russ's actions.

>Corax purposely sending all his Terran legionaries to die because "much freedom"

wut?

When did that happen?

Horus was the warmaster and he hold the same authority as the Emperor, therefore he was bound to follow his orders wherever he like it or not, he did what he was asked and acted as he was expected, by that time there was literally no reason to doubt Horus word.

Stupidity is stronger than the Butcher's Nails

2-3 people can post within 30 seconds of each other. I'm still saying that around half were you. You seem especially upset by all this.

Do Emperor's children fans hate the BL that much?

I mean sure, every one of their characters come off insufferable, but that's kinda their thing

>by that time there was literally no reason to doubt Horus word.
But he had just received conflicting orders from the Emperor himself, with the Emperors main bodyguard confirming that Big E wanted Magnus brought back to Terra and instead chose to follow Horus's orders?

I wonder if that had more to do with Russ's personal feeling about Magnus and his legion?

No, Horus received the orders from the Emperor and he send the altered orders to Russ, or the Emperor wanted Magnus axed if you take the prospero burns game lore into account.

>tfw space wolves have been your favorite for over a decade and no memes can stop you

>No
Yes. You linked to the Inferno fluff so dont pick and chose like a fgt. Valdor is there with Russ and argues with him about following Horus's orders over the Emperors. You're gonna have to learn to deal with it.

It's ok to like terrible things user, you just have to make sure you aren't delusional like OP.

>Valdor is there with Russ and argues with him about following Horus's orders over the Emperors
Valdor wanted Magnus dead and convinced Russ to attack

Same here brother

Please tell me you didnt just point to that post with out knowing the rest of the leaks? Cause that would truly be disappointing.

Obviously I wasn't aware of the leaks, point me into the right direction

it was 2 threads ago at hhg.

TLDR

Russ receives kill order from horus and Malcador approved order for bringing magnus in from emperor.
Russ goes for the kill order because his involvement at Xenocide campaign with *REDACTED* , his bias against Magnus, and the fact that the order puts him in charge.
Oh, the REDACTED xenocide campaign also caused Russ to write a book called the Omega Codex, which is "How to Murder Space Marines for Dummies"
Valdor is attached with group of Sisters of silence.
Valdor wants to stick to Emperor's order, but is overruled by Russ since he's the one who is in charge of this mission.
Valdor tries repeatedly to contact Magnus, but there's a radio silence.
Russ does the Russ thing.
Valdor still tries to see if cease fire can be reached.
Nothing gets through and eventually plot of BL novels happen.

Im a Wolf player and even I know Sanguinius should have been warmaster. Russ is probably a top 4 contender but everyone everyone knows sanguinius was the top choice. Guilliman and Russ are in the line up

You forgot the part where Russ was getting his ass kicked until Valdor disregarded his shitty tactics and went on to win him the fight.

No, just his brothers

>TS had the moral high ground until BL happened
>BL also did dumb shit like the pure wolf spirits of fenris
>the autism on both sides in lore has caused mass skub between the players
I don't like it when mommy and daddy fight