Which ship's crew has the best uniforms?

Which ship's crew has the best uniforms?

Galactic Empire officer's uniforms are pretty swag 2bh

You can't beat that sick future Nazi look.

>wh40k designers/writers have no concept of scale and their ships are actually designed to be 1/100 of their listed sizes.

Once again, skipping to the end, since this will eventually happen sooner or later.

Overall? Probably the star destroyer's crew.
Some of the Mars Battlecruiser's officers might have better ones, but the rest of their crew uniforms are shit.

>Their faces when they realize the ship four times their size and probably ten times their mass has FTL capabilities
That would be moral breaking shit right there, imagine seeing that pop in front of your vessel?

Imperium officers

>this entire fucking cap

i was there for that thread, and the conclusion was that this user was talking out of his ass.

This is not news.

>GW cannot into scale

>those poorly designed flutings / statuary really make the ship look designed by a HighSchool freshman
>ships visually scaled to about 500-1500 meters
>they say it's fuck huge.

>see 1st statement

I liked the uniforms from Babylon Five, specifically the ones that Delenn gave to the command staff.

It's actually not as large and probably not as massive as a Borg Cube. And of course it's literally forgettable next to some of the stuff the Empire has made, like the Executor...or the Death Star.

I too was there for that thread, and that was not the conclusion at all. Maybe a third of the people at best concluded that.

At some point, 40Kfags need to admit that their setting isn't as end-all be-all as they think it is. It loses to Carmen Sandiego, for Chrissake.

im not saying that 40k is the end all be all, but the mass assumtion without stating the reasons why is my gripe with it.

Depends on the regiment within the ship. And who runs the ship.
Cause you know, Mechanicus and Vostroyan stuff totes wins.
Galactic Empire is also cool though.
Star Trek....yeah I'll be honest their uniforms suck.

Dominion-war era DS9 uniforms pls

>At some point, 40Kfags need to admit that their setting isn't as end-all be-all as they think it is. It loses to Carmen Sandiego, for Chrissake.
Explain

Carmen Sandiego - or rather, technically, one of her minions, but using a device she herself could have easily operated, and regardless still demonstrates that she understands proper networking - once stole the Milky Way Galaxy.

As in, the entire galaxy that 40K takes place in, and everything in it. Just removed it from space/time. Sucked it up and went on her merry way. And did it inside of about five seconds, too, which means she moved the entire mass of the Milky Way at faster-than-light speeds, without harming anything in it, since the whole thing was put right back as it was less than 30 minutes later.

So in about ten seconds Carmen Sandiego accomplished something that four Chaos gods haven't been able to do in 40,000+ years.

Other acts of major theft include all the salt in the Dead Sea (indicating incredible precision if she wants), the BEST coffee (as in, the objectively best coffee, something that should be a subjective opinion), the steps to the tango (a nearly abstract concept), the Mason-Dixon Line (an actual abstract, geographical, and defunct concept), tai chi (an abstract concept) and the Portuguese language (as in, no one, anywhere, could read, write, or speak Portuguese).

Thanks to her chronoskimmer, she also has access to casual, accurate time travel. This perhaps explains something else: as soon as Carmen wants something, she has it. The challenge is almost inevitably about getting BACK what she stole, not stopping her - because, barring a few select circumstances, it's impossible.

Finally, above and beyond any of this, Carmen is explicitly half-assing everything she does. She deliberately leaves clues for people to find and actually enjoys the challenge of being chased. And it's not like any jail cell has ever been able to hold her for more than a week, tops.

The idea of a Carmen Sandiego who was actually trying to win? That's terrifying.

>Where in the world did all the oxygen go?

Basically, and in sum, Carmen Sandiego operates on a level of bullshit powers hitherto unseen in Warhammer 40K. Nothing in 40K is playing on the same field as her. I'd liken it to chess verses checkers, but when you can casually shatter the laws of space/time and steal an entire Galaxy if you want, it's more like the 40K bozos are playing rock-paper-scissors while Carmen is, I dunno, doing a seven-on-one StarCraft match against the seven best Korean players in the world and WINNING. That's an inkling of the gap between the two.

To challenge Carmen Sandiego, particularly a Carmen who is taking things seriously, you need to be playing on the same field as Daleks and Time Lords, which it is WELL established that nothing in 40K is even remotely doing.

GE has the best uniforms. Federation's looks too generic and Imperium one is just an overdesigned shit, just like 40k in general.

For men, the Galactic Empire. Can't be beat.

For women, Starfleet. For reasons of tightness.

The weapons of the imperium are actually punching vastly below their weight-class. Much of their hugeness is due to the lack of automation. Many technologies have been lost.

All three ships in the scenario are capable of depopulating a planet or wiping out some offending asteroids in seconds.

The whole point of 40k is turning everything up to 11.

I love these. I've never watched Carmen Santiago, but I feel like doing so would ruin the magic.

>All three ships in the scenario are capable of depopulating a planet or wiping out some offending asteroids in seconds.

Incorrect. 40k has exterminatus weapons for a reason, and that reason is their ships (and fleets) can't hack it on their own.

they jobbed hard, but i though the old salad bowl looked really cool

brb watching this shit

Actually, they can do it the same way without those weapons as the other two (particularly using lance strikes). I did say depopulate, not crack it outright, as well.

The bigger reason for exterminatus weapons is that if the planet has proper defenses, one ship trying to lance it is going to get murdered. That's why they usually try to have a fleet do it if they don't have cyclonic torpedoes or the such.

Similarly, "base delta zero" is going to take a few days of turbolaser work if there's just the one ISD.

But they all CAN do it.

I'll just leave this here

Bullshit detector pinging. Good lord, Mars class has 2 lance batteries. You can't dodge those. It will take one salvo to destroy enterprise and 2 for the imperial-class SD.

And then there is the Nova cannon...

Arent Ark Mechanicus ships even more OP than imperial Navy vessels?;

Yep. They are full of applied plebhotinum and handwavium due to carrying all kinds of archeotech onboard.

Unfortunately, last time someone asked "What does this button do?" they fucked up a star system so...

But handwavium and surviving impossible odds due bullshit asspulls is star treks strength

a lot of it is asspulls ofcourse, but the sentiment is clear
they understand their technology so well, and their technicians so well trained and experienced, that they can use their technology in incredible ways not originally intended by the original designer

a star trek vessel in 40k land will be annihilated since in that universe fire power is all that matters, but in star trek land the 40k vessel will find itself being run circles by a clever and unconventional stratagem that they were completely unprepared for

Both trek and ad mech also constantly forget tech and devices that they have used before.

ooook. Yea, that one is totally fair.

Lets ignore the following: Imperal point defences, imperial fighters. Both of which can atleast occasionally put up a fight against Eldar strike craft, and should be more then a match for any souped up TIE's.

And the Nova cannon...Yes, very fair. "The Mars looses if we discount the main weapon and strike craft"

I'll not even go into how silly the whole "no sensor tech" is, but theres no need to.

If the writer wants to remain consistent the star destroyer cant use turbolasers or TIE's, only ion cannons. etc

Nova Cannons are roughly equivalent to a Gravimetric Torpedo. Not quite up to the level of just firing a trilithium resin warhead into the nearby star, though.

The lances are actually surprisingly weak. The phaser arrays on the Enterprise (in fact the original one could take out cities with them) can be set for orbital bombardment, doing damage in large radii the same way lance strikes do. They're also adjustable and containable enough to directly drill into a specific location or provide decently accurate orbital support. And that's the big "fires all over the damn place" array strips at that. A ship in Star Trek you have to keep in mind needs fusion reactors to keep itself together at anything above maneuvering thrusters; they're never NOT protected by shields, and the amount of energy that even the structural integrity forcefields (this is also why they're given in % the same as the other shields) can dissipate make direct nuclear impacts something a galaxy-class shrugs off quite harmlessly.

Likewise, Turbolasers are in the megaton range, and those are rapid-firing multibarrel turrets. And we all know the amount of energy those hyperdrives can be rigged to produce; a giant drive core was what was used to feed a certain superlaser that made a certain planet's gravitational binding energy fall apart like a pin in a balloon.

Actually the biggest advantage the Imperium ships have is that the ONE realistic thing they have going for them is their weapons being capable of firing at reasonable ranges for fucking space.

Do not be surprised if the response to a volley of a lance battery was "shields are holding" from Worf, or "we can't take too many of those if reinforcements arrive, return fire" from an ISD.

So the moral is that Bungie/343 can't into scale.

late season bab5 desu
alternatively: centauri

TIE's are hard-fucked due to how flimsy they are, but the firepower they send downrange in the few seconds before they disappear (and disappear they will) would be surprisingly devastating to the rather unimpressive materials used by the soon-to-be-space-hulk. They'd do very well against imperial fighters actually, but point-defenses will shred them.

Shielded TIE's are a different story. /D or the legendary "Missile Boat" can both turn a run on an imperial capital something more akin to a good Shmup. The latter in particular had a horrifying tendency to chew up groups of capital vessels like an X-Wing shreds through TIE Bombers.

The worst sensors of the bunch are the star wars ships, though. They're damn near running on "Eyeball MkII" half of the time. The most likely thing to happen is for an entire scenario to happen just out of range for them to ever even notice shit happened.

That was pretty good, did not become that butthurt. But a imperial ship and if were going by the pic its a battlecruiser, it certainly has lances and or torpedos. And where are the last ditch effort raming atempts, the boarding actions fueld by zeal or the martyr death

Aight, lesse. I dont have a clue about what a gravimetic torpedo is, guessing star trek.

I highly doubt that you are correct, but I dont know.

What I do know is Imperial Firepower.
And Lances, while generally not able to break cruiser+ grade void shield arrays (except on specialized ships like gothics/Executers) on their own. Are more then capable of straining/breaking them, just not more. Again, on their own in limited numbers.

So are you telling me that the Enterprise here have more powerfull shields then a massively oversized ship of the line (ish, battlecruisers are support pieces) from a universe where firepower is all that matters.

Nay sir, nay I say! I would happily agree that they could probably take A lance shot. Even frigates can handle that.

a second consecutive hit tho, that would not be pretty. Unless you like explosions. Then it would be.

>But they all CAN do it.
Bullshit. I don't care what some BL fanfiction says.

We could depopulate a planet now, if we really tried. The biggest issue for an imperial ship would be time and ammunition.

I would actually agree that TIE's might do well against imperial Fury's. The Fury is more of a gunboat frigate by Startreck/star wars standards then a fighter, because their job is to intercept bombers and assault boats. Both of which tend to be fairly large and armored, because 40k fighters are incapable to effectively harming a 40k vessel.

So yea, I can definetly see the TIE's doing well, still loosing a number of their own, but doing well against Fury's.

I doubt they would do great against the ships tho, the closest comparison I can offer is that in BFG manta 'squadrons' are bombers.

And those are some fairly big Titan-hunters.

With a ship that size they could depopulate a planet by tossing their garbage at it in sufficiently large bin bags.

Cities have probably been wiped out by the bits that fall off those, Imperial maintenance being what it is.

Or just, you know. Speed up and ram the planet.

I'm sure a large, heavy, thing going very fast would do something.

Not to mention TIE's are insanely small compared to even the smallest imperial fighter. From the Lightning pilot's point of view, a one-man escape pod is fucking giving them a run for their money. What the fuck.

Exterminatus can, by official materials, be done through simple orbital bombardment. It just takes a lot longer, while the dedicated superweapons for the job are done in minutes especially if the planet had an atmosphere.

Indeed, but ofcourse this does raise a scary idea.

we know TIE's and the like are capable of damaging/destroying SW vessels.

How much of a threat would Fury's be?

As for the Lightning, yea, no thats not really wierd. the Imperium likes guns, rather then missiles, on its fighters. Keeps them from having to be re-supplied to often.

I can imagen it being fairly hard to line up a shot for the Lightnings lascannons against something like that.

Not to mention so fragile that they risk exploding if the pilot sneezes too hard.

I've always taken this as being in-universe. The Administratum has an official figure of the size of the ships somewhere, but more often what gets put down is word of mouth or conjecture from the writer because looking up the actual stats would be tremendously difficult.

oh absolutely. One thing about not-40k is that the smaller vessels scale a lot better vs the bigger ones. Even shuttles in star-trek eventually started carrying torpedoes. Should they survive long enough, the imperials would come to learn that their bombers (a regular fighter lascannon probably isn't enough vs the shields, but melta warheads on bombers will cause substantial damage) can actually do real - not just annoyance - damage on those, unlike what they do to other 40k vessels.

luckily there's no air in space!

probably caused by the religious aspect, at least in-universe.

>"This cruiser's vatican-city (because they basically fucking have that on every fucking ship, no wonder it's so huge) is IMMEASURABLY IMMENSE!"
>"couldn't we just measure i~"
>*BLAM*
>"IMMEASURABLY IMMENSE!"

>luckily there's no air in space!
Or in the inside of a TIE fighter, as it happens, they don't even have a pressurized hull. Have to wear a spacesuit in it.

It's basically just some guns, some engines and a seat in the middle.

40K has no fixed uniforms.
every segmentum has their own line and in those there are variances as well, also, there are very few depictions;
So SW kind of wins by default, because star trek uniforms are pyjamas.

That religious aspect is not applicable, because the ships are made by another religion that is anal about accurate measurement, and not knowing or misrepresenting them would be a sin in their eyes.

It's equally as anal about making sure no one else knows the measurements.

> I don't care what some BL fanfiction says.
But you care what the other official respective "fanfiction" says? Any measuremend from SW or ST is also merely something someone, someday, determined willy nilly, nothing more.

You are basically crying "LIAR! LIAR!" in a contest where everyone merely describes how large their dick is without any proof.

Not really, their secrecy pertains to how it works, not how it looks or how big it is, that is some strange conjecture on your part.
They dont really use the stuff they build themselves, and the administratum is equally strict concerning measurements of any kind.

>All three ships in the scenario are capable of depopulating a planet or wiping out some offending asteroids in seconds.
No they aren't. Star Destroyers could be destroyed by a couple modern nuclear weapons, and consider the destruction of a city to be remarkable.

The Incredible Cross Section was never canon as it conflicted with movie canon.

>Bullshit. I don't care what some BL fanfiction says.
Your opinion on what is or isn't canon doesn't matter, and by refusing to acknowledge it you are guilty of a non dichotomy and are thus inherently disingenuous. Canon is decided only by the owner of the intellectual property or whomever he or she employees to manage it.

Come back when you can use logic.

*employs. For some reason I wrote employees.

I don't even know what the fuck books you're talking about.

Just look at the FUCKING. MOVIES. A star destroyer vaporizes asteroids with those turrets. That places the impact of each bolt in the low kiloton range in order to do what they do to those rocks.

Its fucking laser cannons literally dispense as much energy as fission nukes.

You're going to tell me that the fucking movies don't show them literally "wiping out some offending asteroids in seconds"?

I guess Empire Strikes Back isn't canon.

Yes, kilotons. Which is no-where near the firepower needed to do jack shit to a planet. And then there's the question of the composition of the asteroid, as there is a world of difference between vaporizing a chunk of solid iron and a chunk of what is largely ice. And its size too. In the context of 40K and Trek firepower however, this is incredibly pathetic.

Depopulating and 'popping' are EXTREMELY different levels of required yield.

Something that can effectively at least 30 (more if it's less "sideways" due to the ship's triangular shape being for that reason) autofire hiroshimas is going to clean a surface up in hours.

It may have difficulty dealing with UFP shield generators, certainly, but that won't stop it from being WAY better at Exterminatus than a squadron of Imperium Battlecruisers if they don't at least pull out a virus-bomb and lance the atmosphere after it's done.

Can't argue with six inch collars.

The thing that bugs me the most is that the other two crews are allowed to work together making this 2 vs 1.

Also we don't even know what kind of powers and speed could Imperium ship display inside a serene warp. May be that his FTL capabilities would be faster and more precise than Enterprise.

>You can't dodge those

It's sublight. Not only can the Enterprise dodge it, it can do so with ease, since not only is the Enterprise capable of casual FTL movement, it is also capable of casual FTL detection with its sensors. Combat in Star Trek regularly takes place at superluminal velocities.

> It will take one salvo to destroy enterprise

I actually crunched the numbers once on how powerful the Enterprise's navigational deflectors must be in order to withstand being hit by molecules and particles when traveling at warp 9. I forget the precise number, but I do recall that it was only a little less than an order of magnitude smaller than what was needed to survive a blast from the Death Star.

And again, those were the navigational deflectors, not the actual combat shields.

However, I didn't take that into account for what I wrote, because - among other things - there's no need. The Imperium lacks the means to fight at FTL. The Federation does not. Ergo, it doesn't matter how powerful the Imperium's weapons are, because you cannot beat what you cannot hit.

>a star trek vessel in 40k land will be annihilated since in that universe fire power is all that matters

I also vastly and intentionally under-sold the power of phasers. Let's not forget the canon fact that the Enterprise-D is capable of reducing a planet's crust to molten slag in a matter of just a few hours if her captain is so inclined. For that matter the Enterprise NCC-1701 was capable of the same.

And no, firepower is NOT all that matters. Because it doesn't matter how strong you are if you can't hit your opponent.

40K is Future Trunks and Star Trek is Perfect Cell.

>"Oh look at me! I'm 40K! Please love me, God-Emperor!"

>Imperal point defences

Mean nothing when your opponent is FTL-capable

>imperial fighters

Mean nothing when your opponent is FTL capable.

>And where are the last ditch effort raming atempts

WHY DO 40K FAGS NOT UNDERSTAND THAT NOTHING IN THEIR STUPID UNIVERSE CAN HIT SOMETHING CAPABLE OF BOTH MOVEMENT AND DETECTION AT FASTER THAN LIGHT SPEEDS?!

That's old EU canon. Current canon actually places TIE/ln fighters as high-performance space superiority fighters that have always been the near-equal of an X-wing. They lack shields, but their maneuverability makes up for it. A TIE/ln fighter can literally fly circles around an X-wing.

I covered that in "Why the Imperium Lost".

The ultimate reason the Imperium loses a three-way match is because of Imperial Dogma essentially making cooperation impossible, something that Empire dogma does not contain (The Empire is quite willing to work with outsiders to accomplish its goal, as long as it does so from a position of strength), and Federation dogma has "working together" and "creative solutions" as is core tenet.

Sure, you'll get the occasional Imperium captain who might be different, but they would far and away be the exception, not the rule, and would indeed be skirting heresy.

The Imperium loses not because of the technology gap - it's better in some areas and worse in others, as is expected. Rather, it loses because of the psychological one. It's "hard" assets are good, but its "soft" assets leave much to be desired.

>May be that his FTL capabilities would be faster and more precise than Enterprise.

WH4K strategic FTL (ability to move from one system to the next) is faster than the Federation's strategic FTL, by a large degree: it's possible to cross the Milky Way in a matter of a few years at most, something that takes the Star Trek FTL system decades or more.

However, Imperium FTL involves entering an "other" space from which they cannot affect "real" space. Star Trek FTL, by contrast, simply involves wrapping "subspace" around a vessel, something which nevertheless leaves it capable of interacting with "real" space.

Or in other words, Star Trek's tactical FTL is better than 40K's tactical FTL.

ARMY OF LIGHT
R
M
Y

O
F

L
I
G
H
T

>centauri
mah nigga
make the centauri republic great again

I always imagined that space ship uniforms would have big collars. Like it evolved that way. Most likely the service uniform in the early days would double as an emergency EVA suit and has a built in collar to attach the helmet to. In time, when such necessities would no longer be necessary due to all the environmental protections and such. The collar would become more ceremonial, an allusion to the past iterations of the service uniform.

>>Imperal point defences
>Mean nothing when your opponent is FTL-capable
Since when are TIEs FTL capable? They don't have an FTL drive in the OT, which is why the empire can deploy so many of them

Well yeah no shit. A 40k ship turning would tear itself apart due to momentum and mass. They'd have to move and then slow down, turn slowly and then move again.

Dude

Carmen is Nocturnal, she almost stole creation but she hesitated at the last moment, she is the true god of Luck

>from a universe where firepower is all that matters
See, the thing is that the actual numbers on 40k hardware aren't very impressive. Like, the given armour thickness of a Baneblade is less than that of modern tanks.

Did you not actually read what I posted? The entire scenario involves the Empire and the Federation teaming up and retrofitting TIE/lns with warp drives cannibalized from Federation photon torpedoes. The warp drives then allow the TIE/lns to have enough power to mount turbolasers, which have a damage output sufficient enough to pierce Imperium hulls; and have Star Trek-level shields, albeit weak ones, and I arbitrarily limited the TIE/lns to Warp 4 at maximum, and probably a "cruising" speed of Warp 2.

Warp 2 in the TNG scale is about 10 times the speed of light.

>But how can they do this, reconcile two different technologies like this

Federation engineers are repeatedly mentioned time and again as being "wizards" with technology, able to accomplish anything they put their minds to given enough time. The scenario gave them months of time since Star Wars FTL is better than even the Imperium's (they can cross an entire galaxy in a matter of, like, 3 days max), so all they have to do is tow the Enterprise with them to literaly anywhere in the Galaxy. The Imperium lacks galaxy-spanning, FTL detection technology.

Also, on the Imperial side of things, they are the heirs of high-end FTL and other technology that is more than 25,000 years old. Their technology is so easy to use that a penniless smuggler can maintain the fastest ship in the Galaxy. So the Empire can be presumed to be, bare minimum, as competent and understanding of their own technology as the crew of a US naval vessel is with US naval technology. Which is more than enough for the wizardry of Starfleet to kick in and fill in any potential gaps.

Again, though, this is only one possibility. The fundamental reason why the Empire and the Federation beats the Imperium isn't the technology. It's the fact that the former two are perfectly willing to work with outsiders, while the Imperium in almost all circumstances considers it heretical.

I presume that baneblades are made out of some fantastical future material, however. Surely it's not just steel or titanium or something.

I wouldn't dismiss that out of hand. A lot of their stuff apparently still runs on gasoline.

This. This is the Imperium we're talking about. Until it's specifically and explicitly spelled out that "conventional steel" refers to some wonder alloy, I'm assuming its the same shit that goes in my car.

>while the Imperium in almost all circumstances considers it heretical.
And yet, there are plenty of examples of imperial forces cooperating with other factions. The Tau Empire and the Imperium shared intel and information when Hive Fleet Leviathan hit, the war for the gothic sector hinged on Imperial/Eldar cooperation, and the Beast Arises series has isolated imperial vessels collaborating with Chaos vessels. The Imperial vessel would probably be hesitant collaborating with Star Fleet, due to the prevalence of Aliens (But humans seem to be the ones calling the shots, which could make it acceptable) and would probably be perfectly fine working with the Star Destroyer, given it's all-human crew.

could also be another example of Sci Fi Writers Have No Fucking Clue, which hits just about everyone ever in this scenario

galactic empire uniforms are quite nice, but I like the imperial navy's slightly older style more

Phone poster, can't read. If this screen cap is sw or star trek fags thinkng they can compete with 40k, you are sorely mistaken.

>Carmen
"Ugh! My back is killing me! I knew buying a chair that was on sale at Skeletor's Super Savings was going to be a bad idea. What does a skeleton know about comfort anyway?"

"This just won't do at all. How can I run a criminal empire like V.I.L.E. if my spine feels like it's going to fall out all the time?"

"...Wait, I know! There's a chair that will suit my posterior perfectly...as soon as we steal it! I think I'll bring in...Adeptus Ineptus!"

>Adeptus Ineptus
"Ave et salute, Mistress Carmen! I look forward to devoting the full breadth of my technomantic prowess to your wicked cause!"

>Carmen
"...I have no idea what that means. But no matter! I'm sending you through the time port to Holy Terra in the 30th millennium. There's something very special I want you to steal."

>Adeptus Ineptus
"Veni, vidi, requisisti!"

>Carmen
"Good! ...I think. This info beam will give you all the details. Now get going!"

Everyone knows star wars space nazis look the best. Star trek had the most believable and competent crew, and 40k beats them both at the same time with fire power and attrition.

Yes, but all of these involved incredibly exceptional circumstances against much larger threats.

I see no reason, other than a desire to throw the Imperium a bone that is not backed by their canonical attitudes, to assume that this would be the case in a three-way matchup involving just one ship from each side.

lol no, it is you who are wrong.

+1 for truth

Pic related, what I'm using as my next Rogue Trader character picture. The character is a former Navy captain.

"ORDO CHRONOS! Adeptus Ineptus has just stolen something from the past!"

"...and there ain't jack shit we can do about it, because we don't actually have access to time travel!"

"In 28 minutes, history will change forever!"

And that's why Carmen wins.

>it is you who are wrong
nah, it's standard "my setting could beat up your setting because I say so" nonsense

None of the parties involved would immediately fight to the death with other human factions. Most imperial navy duties revolve around finding lost/isolated human colonies that survived the Old Night.

There's as much bullshit space magic crammed into Star Wars and Star Trek technology.

At least most stuff from 40K works on a fairly consistent set of rules, and tries to work its way around even magic in a roughly consistent way. No Midichlorians here.

I imagine having an actual keel (as in a fuck huge chunk of metal running the entire length of the ship) helps with the structural integrity of Imperial vessels as well. Which is also another reason why Imperial vessels are so huge themselves. The outer hull on that battlecruiser is probably 10 metres thick.

You mean apart from "We are cut off with no way back home, no way to repair, and no way to request reinforcements", the exact same scenario that saw Loyalist Space Marines work with Chaos Forces to re-arm and re-fit their vessels? Those seem like pretty extreme circumstances to me.

You're both delusional. 40k is uncontested in this argument. Even if star wars or trek ships can out maneuver imperial ships, they will get boarded by space marines and destroyed. When star wars builds a death star that's a big thing, death stars are standard issue in 40k. Star trek doesn't even have a death star, they stand no chance

>in this argument.
it's not an argument

I'm telling him the whole image is bullshit, with only a loose grasp on the capabilities and dispositions of any of the ships involved.

i dont think that the crew of an imperial ship has uniforms apart from the bridge staff, hell i doubt they even have clothes the poor bastards.