Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

More than just gangers in Necromunda edition

Previous gangers >DUNCAN RETURNS SOON
youtube.com/watch?v=ebU1zTFh7AE

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Tell me about the Tau Veeky Forums

Second for making the Sisters of Battle lewd

3rd for Magnus did nothing wrong and deserves better rules for his rubrics

Rate my fluffy Space Wolves list

Thanks again for the help identifying minis in the last thread.

Here's a (mostly) full image of what I picked up.

I've only painted plastic before, is there anything I'll need to do different or should know before I paint metal?

How's this look?

I threw this together based on what I need to assemble yet. The lord and non-termie sorcerer go into the claw with the chosen, and the combi-plasmas and termie sorcerer start on the table. The PA sorcerer will roll Telepathy for Shriek while hoping for invisibility and the Terminator will likely be rolling on Geomortis/Ectomancy for support.

Not really. You may find it helpful to apply a varnish once you're done, in case you don't already do that with your plastics, It goes a ways towards preventing paint from chipping.

>nobody posts in the old thread when it's still near the bottom
>suddenly a barrage of "nth for" post spam

Truly you are all faggots and generals are cancer. Can there ever be any doubt?

They're a huge pain
The paint will chip off and possibly even get a different finish.

What is it about the Tau that pisses everyone off so much? I've been looking into possibly getting into 40k for awhile now and half the people I talk to give me dirty looks because I want to play Tau. I like the whole "we are in way the fuck over our heads" vibe their fledgling empire has, and I can play an entire army of badass mechsuits if I build them as an army.

Can you veteran 40k players explain this phenomenon to me?

My gf saw this list and loved it. We played kill team together and she maxed out how many wolves she could take. She loves them.

Shitposters shitposting, and weebs in denial, is half of it.

The other half is that Tau have some fucking obscene rules and as such naturally attract the very worst of WAACs. It doesn't have to be that way with your list, but until you can prove otherwise (which really depends on how indoctrinated your opponent is to Tau hate) then you're guilty until proven innocent.

He's already said he's going full mech. I highly doubt it's all stealth suits so no matter what he picks, XV8, XV88, Riptides, Ghostkeels, Stormsurges, it's going to be bullshit.

Considering he said
>I can play an entire army of badass mechsuits if I build them as an army

I think it's too late

because they are super competitive right now and people loose to tau due to shit lists, don't let anyone stop you from playing user, you deserve to be happy

>implying Crisis, Ghostkeels and to a lesser extent Broadsides are bullshit in today's meta
This is a prime example of a Tau hater.

>thinks they aren't

Prime example of why everyone hates Taufags.

I don't get why people hate them from a lorewise perspective. Something to do with a tau commander killing an apothecary in one of the books or something.

But ruleswise. They are spastically overpowered. Pretty much the epitome of min max. And they require no brains to play. I can tell you as I regretfully picked up Tau for my first army, they are just no fun. Just stand at maximum range and shoot. Ignore people's cover saves. Use markerlights so you always hit what you want. Literally all you have left to do as a player is choose which enemy to kill first. They are OP and boring.

Broadsides are the weakest of those three, dipshit. And they're still insane with HYMP. 100+ missiles a turn? Yeah that's garbage!

>Something to do with a tau commander killing an apothecary in one of the books or something.
>doesn't even know his own lore
>or is pretending not to in order to lessen the faggotry of it

This is another reason why people hate Taufags.

>I don't actually play games
Crisis are fine by today's standards. If they're so fucking good, why do WAAC Tau lists only look at them because a single Farsight suit is 23 points and thus the cheapest Troops option to fill out a CAD for bullshit FW units?

>Ghostkeel
It's fair, except in the retarded OSC, which should be removed because its rules are poor game design.

>Broadsides
Missilesides are great as a unit, but the rest of the codex has kind of outgrown them, especially with the introduction of the Stormsurge. Unless spammed, they are fine. As for Railsides, they have never been bullshit.

>crisis not being bullshit
Here you go, just take as many melta guns as you want. Oh you want melta AND plasma? And you want to fire them both at the same time? Sure here you go. Oh you want to be able to hit air units and deep striking units? I don't see why not. I guess we should balance all this out by making you really shit at melee LOLNO here have T4, 2 wounds, 3+ armor and fusion blades.

As long as he enjoys playing alone

Also
>loose

This is a prime example of a tau sympathizer.

People don't hate eldar because at least they don't pretend to not be bullshit. Tau players are insufferable because they're in denial and will fight tooth and nail to try and convince the world that they're not a bullshit army.

I'm thinking of adding a raptor talon to this, whats the best way to load out raptors? 2 meltas per squad? What about the lord?

Is it worth deep striking them for the disordered charge or just running them on as world eaters?

>why do WAAC Tau lists only look at them because a single Farsight suit is 23 points and thus the cheapest Troops option to fill out a CAD for bullshit FW units?

Are you retarded? Because there are even more OP units. You literally asked "why do people who only take the most OP units not take this slightly less OP unit?"

If you think XV8 troops are garbage, you're a shit player and don't even deserve posting rights to discuss gameplay. End of story.

>Ghostkeel is fair
>IF YOU PUT ALL THESE RESTRICTIONS ON IT AND HOW YOU TAKE IT

>Broadsides aren't OP
>IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE MISSILES

How about you try making an argument without using big fat if's you dumb faggot. Because you can't.

Don't forget they're objective secured and can be taken in squads of 1 after the first 3, in the era of infinite CADs. You can literally have 15+ squads of single objsec XV8 suits.

I don't play Tau anymore idiot. I only played a few games with them why would I go out and read every single expansion that comes out? I can tell I struck a nerve with that apothecary thing though. That's okay, I like it when space marines die no matter who does the killing because it always makes marine fags cry.

This thread is proof of why people hate Tau. Because all Tau players instantly become faggots as soon as they play them, as evidenced by Either that or only faggots play Tau to begin with. Pick your poison.

>implying oyu can take all of those things on a single squad of suits, let alone a single suit
Even if you could, it would be overcosted as shit. Fuck outta here with this shit meme.

>Tau players are insufferable because they're in denial and will fight tooth and nail to try and convince the world that they're not a bullshit army
I literally said Tau were a bullshit army, which is why WAACs play them you dumb cunt. However, it's not all broken, and you have to be truly stupid to label it all broken because "HURRR TAU"

>If you think XV8 troops are garbage
When did I say this faggot? They're good but they aren't the best in the codex.

>Ghostkeel is fair
>IF YOU PUT ALL THESE RESTRICTIONS ON IT AND HOW YOU TAKE IT
You literally just don't take the bullshit formation, how is this hard to understand?

>Broadsides aren't OP
>IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE MISSILES
Even with the missiles they're a boring gunline unit and you're a faggot for using them not because they're broken top cheese but because gunlines are cancer.

Another thread ruined by first post being Tau shitpost and then Tau shitters coming out of the woodwork. Thanks Tau. Thanks Taufags. Thanks GW. Thanks Obama.

If assault and battery weren't misdemeanors I'd just beat the shit out of any Tau players I met in real life. Some people might say "lol what a fucking faggot resorting to violence/pretending to be an internet badass" but that's literally what these faggots deserve for how much shit they stir up on this board. You can't tell me you wouldn't want to sock someone as obnoxious and stupid as these fucks in the face. They're like SJWs and liberals.

You can take all of those things one a single squad of suits. Well I'm not sure about the fusion blades, I haven't looked into farsight shit too much. But you can definitely get all the other stuff. Do you want me to show you the codex?

I wish Tau players would just fucking realize how good they have it. Crisis are still one of the top units in the game.

The main reason is they're overpowered right now. But don't worry about that, pick the army you like the best or else you're fucking yourself over.

Just try to be reasonable with your lists, you don't want to ruin everyone else's fun

This:

I mean just look at him.

Generally, yea, Double melta is the way to go, and the bits are cheap enough on ebay for more guns. Talons usually also go 2 melta squads and a Talon squad. As for the lord, you could kit him with a killy relic or fist/claw or something and stick him with something on the table to help you get that double charge bonus.

Shit that gets you really angry for barely any reason. I'll start

>Unpainted Guardsmen
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>YOU STOLE HIM 5000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY TO FIGHT A WAR HE BARELY UNDERSTANDS
>HE WAS PROBABLY A NICE FARMER UP UNTIL NOW
>AT LEAST GIVE THE POOR BASTARD A FUCKING PAINTJOB

Hey look it's that one Taufag who calls everyone who disagrees with him (literally everyone) a space marinefag

Bitch you push plastic soldiers around for a hobby you aren't going to beat the shit out of anyone. Go back to your hole.

>I have never read the codex
Crisis suits have three hardpoints. That's enough for two guns or one twin-linked one, then a third gun or a single support system.

Let's see how many hardpoints a squad of three suits would take up if they took everything on your list.

>fusion and plasma
2 points
>Skyfire
+1
>Interceptor
+1
Four slots. By the way, EACH SUIT with this shitty loadout would cost 73 points, assuming you take Farsight. It's fucking shit.

>Fusion Blades
Yeah you've never read the codex. Fusion Blades are a relic, only a Commander or single Shas'ui can take them, and they're also 50 fucking points.

> People arguing about Tau
> Thread goes to shit

Let's talk about something else, like Orks

You know a lot of military people play 40k right? But they're the least likely to attack civilians because military court is way harsher in sentencing.

Take half of them with skyfire, and half with interceptor. Jesus fucking christ how much plasma do you need to put into the fucking air? You taufags will never be happy until you have a gun that says "you instantly win the game" will you?

>I2

>three guns per suit
>thinks that's not ridiculous

What's the appropriate cup size for a Sister of Battle?

I'm still looking for an opinion here That's different I guess.

You know military people don't come to a chinese basket weaving forum and talk about how they're going to beat everyone up right. Sit down and shut up you little faggot you're not in the goddamn military and you're not going to bash anyone. You're probably the kind of person who wouldn't even fight in self defense.

You don't even need to use hardpoints just put a buffmander with them. Learn to play Tau before lecturing people.

>You know military people don't come to a chinese basket weaving forum and talk about how they're going to beat everyone up right.

Isn't that like 75% of /k/ though?

>Sit down and shut up you little faggot you're not in the goddamn military and you're not going to bash anyone

I never said I was, and that wasn't me. The fuck is wrong with you, you're even worse than the person you're crying about you sperg.

>yfw I actually was in the military too, it's not that special

Projecting much? You're getting awful mad for someone who supposedly isn't a pathetic faggot. Supposedly.

Oh shit, he's a Tau player isn't he? AHAHAHAHAA

The military is a real joke. I was in worse shape when I left than when I went in.

I want to get into the wargame. I know a bit about 40k, and probably want to start Marines because I heard that they're good all around. Had some experience with small-scale skirmish games but never wargames.

Any advice? I want to have an all-around good adaptable army that's not locked into a particular style. What should I get first?

>Take half of them with skyfire, and half with interceptor
It's a squad of three, numbnuts. Even if you cut out the Skyfire and Interceptor upgrades, each suit is 53 points for a T4 W2 3+ save platform that only has JSJ as its means of survival.

A three-man Crisis squad with two Skyfire and one Interceptor costs 204 points and jumps around with three meltaguns and three plasma guns. That's pretty reasonable. For the same price you can take a Riptide with some gear. Why would a WAAC ever pick Crisis?

>implying just having shittons of guns means anything
Ork player detected.

Buffmander is fucking cancer, and also has no bearing on Crisis suits in a vacuum, which is what we're discussing.

Blood angels and Imperial Fists. Harshe colors like that get hard to look at after a while, and they're ALL painted that way

>I'm a shitbag and it's the military's fault

K

Oh sorry sir don't hurt me I forgot you're a tough guy who beats everyone up!

But seriously do you realize how pathetic it sounds for you or whoever to come onto an anonymous forum and start talking tough?

> Orks win a game
They win

> Orks lose a game
They died fighting so it doesn't count

> Orks run away
They get to fight tomorrow

Orks literally win every battle they fight. They love war because it makes them happy and they just want to spread that cheer to every other race in the galaxy.

> yfw you realize that Orks are unironically the only good guys in the 40K universe

>each suit is 53 points for a T4 W2 3+ save platform that only has JSJ as its means of survival.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

TAUFAGS EVERYONE

LET'S GIVE THEM A ROUND OF APPLAUSE

"ONLY" JSJ

"ONLY" W2

"ONLY" THREE SPECIALS PER MODEL

"ONLY" MELTA ON EVERY SQUAD MEMBER

Well yes, if their job is to turn shitbags into soldiers.
I'm talking about the Finnish military though, so don't get your trump-pattern American socks in a twist.

>Buffmander is fucking cancer, and also has no bearing on Crisis suits in a vacuum, which is what we're discussing.

Buffmander is a Crisis Suit too you dumbass how are you this bad at your own faction.

Good thing he inb4'd it huh?

>my country and its military is shit therefore all countries are just as shit

K

You know you euroshits sure are self-centered and whiny faggots for people who try finger point at America

>dies to a single krak missile
>implying JSJ is a miracle cure
>implying W2 means anything when your unit size is like 1-3 models
>implying special weapon squads don't exist in other books
Bet you've never played 30k, huh.

>Buffmander is a Crisis Suit too
Nice try, but we're talking about the unit named Crisis Battlesuits, not other units in the codex that happen to wear them.

>it's a squad of three
YOU CAN GET ELEVEN IN A SQUAD
read your own codex fucking hell.

Actually no, go read someone else's codex and compare it to your own and realize how good you fuckers have it.

>costs 204 points
>that's pretty reasonable
I am dying. Show me a similiar costed unit from another army that can do all that. And the fact that you ACKNOWLEDGE that there's even more powerful options just makes it worse. Even your middle of the road options kicks people's teeth in.

>tfw still no anvil industries robe torsos in stock

Buy the Star Collecting box for Space Marines and some paint.

Play a few low level games until you get a hang of things and can tell which direction you want to go in (mech, flyers, scouts, etc). You won't know what to get until you know what your playstyle is (turtle up, deepstriking like crazy, scouting/infiltrating, rolling thunder with tanks, whatever).

No matter what the armored assault boxes (either with a Rhino or a Drop Pod) are solid buys since no matter what you'll need Rhinos and Drop Pods.

Also, don't forget the most important rule of 40k:

> have fun

>some faggot ass conscript shitbag is trying to talk shit about volunteer service members

>9 in a squad
is what I meant

Bumping the question.

orks are fun

This is the most triggered snowflake I've ever seen on here.

>YOU CAN GET ELEVEN IN A SQUAD
Literally nobody does this, Farsightbomb is shit.

>Show me a similiar costed unit from another army that can do all that
Space Marine Command Squad with 5 special weapons in a drop pod.
>t-they don't JSJ!
Command Squads don't need to.
>Muh Skyfire??? Muh Interceptor????
Deredeo Dreadnought does both, far better than Crisis suits and perhaps better than anything in the Tau codex, Broadsides included.

What do you think of giving the lord Gorefather and putting him with a melta squad with melta bomb and deepstriking them on top of a vehicles?

>starter box
I'm not entirely sure about that. I heard the models are different from the regulars, and I'd want some consistency. Thanks, anyway!

I should refresh faster.

Tau ruined 40k. Probably not permanently, but they have been shitting up the place for long enough now.

The problem is that GW didn't play test their rule properly. So, when the codex was released into the hands of the cheese mongering fag lords, they ran with it a mile, and used the army in ways it probably wasn't intended.

The blame lies both with GW, and the fags that play Tau, for the armies bad rep.

>I heard the models are different from the regulars, and I'd want some consistency.

Whoever told you that is retarded.

HOLY SHIT

>space Marine
>T4 W1 3+
>29ppm with plasma
>can only get second with a full squad of 10
>cant also get meltas at the same time
>cant JSJ to survive

SUITS DO BOTH FOR LESS YOU FUCKING SHITTER

YOU ARE THE REASON PEOPLE HATE TAU

>I heard the models are different
They're not, same sprues. I think you're talking about the dark vengeance box, which uses snap fit models

anyone ever see a Tau player bring an Ethereal to a match?

Plenty of the Start Collecting boxes have a unique HQ unit in them, and I'm fairly sure the Space Marine one does but not certain because I've never actually gotten one. Otherwise all sprues are the same as what you'd get buying the squads seperately.

In any case, your army will still be consistent, you'll just have a unique commander.

>DO BOTH
Not at the same time they don't, unless you're a grade-A retard grouping your units together.
>FOR LESS
Command squad in a pod with 5 meltas is 185, and also comes with +2 shots and +1BS over the fucking meme Crisis squad. They don't need JSJ because they literally drop in where they need to be risk-free.

They're the newest faction to the lore and the fit it the least. Combined with a couple of blatantly nonsensical units, namely the riptide.

>complete vengeance hasn't been made yet
It hurts

oh boy oh boy let's do this

>command squad - 90
>drop pod - 35
>meltas all around - 50
Total - 175 points

okay let's do Tau

>Crisis - 22
>+2 dudes - 44
>3 TL fusion guns (to make up for lower BS) - 60
>2 normal fusion guns - 30
Total - 156

Tau advantages
cheaper
better mobility
1 more wound
Can take even more weapons if they want

Space marine advantages
more melee attacks
first turn drop

You chose ANOTHER high tier codex and Tau STILL come out on top.

He's a free victory point so he doesn't see much play.

Thanks.

What about the "all-around decent and versatile" bit? I don't want to spend all my disposable income on a bunch of models only to find that they are overpriced gimmicky pieces of nothing that have to rely on a completely different roster.

On that point, is it possible to rely on overall line troops without "heroes" instead of having to support single powerful units in this game?

r8

>better mobility
>implying JSJ beats drop pods for alpha strike

>the shooting army averages roughly 1 extra hit
>implying this is a bad thing

>You chose ANOTHER high tier codex
Are you retarded? Do you even know why Space Marines are top tier? It's not their statlines and it's not fucking Command Squads with meltas I'll tell you that much.

That could work. Just remember that CSM can't negate Deepstrike distances, so you need to play risky. It might also be overkill for hunting transports, especially since you're charging then. If you see a lot of walkers and such, then potentially, yea.

>TFW people still recommend the SM start collecting when a superior one existed.

>Deathwatch
>superior in any way
kek

Ask and ye shall receive.

Trying to think of a name for an Ark Mechanicus ship. Preferably not one of the ones we already have.

Anyone have any ideas?

Swap the Chosen for CC terminators. They want to huddle in the Pod the turn they come in, and the MG are wasted in CC.

Not like you can't play it as normal marine or something, did a Vindicare somewhere will snipe me in the head if i did?

>is it possible to rely on overall line troops without "heroes"
Yeah, for all their power almost all HQ units are extremely expensive and fragile, so you'll be fine relying on more regular troops. If you wanna go down that path I recommend getting a Librarian or Chaplain for your HQ over a Captain/Chapter Master, since they're pretty cheap, and work as a support unit handing out buffs to your army rather than a combat unit.

As far as an all-round army goes, you're in pretty good hands with Marines. I can't think of any seriously bad units in their codex, except for melee Centurions, "shooty" Terminators and maybe Assault Marines. In general, you're more of a shooting army than a fighting army, and perform best when mechanised or on bikes (speed is a big deal), but if you wanna go down other routes then you've normally got at least some options.

yeah, i silently rage a little when my friend brings in a bunch of drop pods turn one and ignores mishaps. You're right its probably overkill for most games when i have my terminators for the same purpose.

Nope. I've never seen one.

It's even more rare than a painted Tau army. Although, I know there's some good ones out there.

>uhh user why are your Deathwatch painted like Ultramarines?
>well user told me to buy this start collecting set over the other one because it was better
>better? But user, you get literally the same dudes, and if you were just going to proxy them as vanilla Marines anyway then wouldn't the vanilla start collecting set have made more sense?
>that's what I thought but user insisted otherwise

Yes they have better mobility. Once you drop your precious command squad they are stuck there for the game. That's not mobility, that's a different deployment option, which I adressed as being one of their advantages but you're too much of a little bitch to read my entire post I'd wager, you're also too much of a faggot to read the post of the person I was responding too because he was trying to make a direct comparison between crisis suits and a SM command squad which is why I showed him how fucking stupid that was.

But fine sure whatever, I'm over this argument now. Crisis suits are shit, Tau are balanced, whatever, i seriously am out of fucks to give. You win, have fun.