MTG Modern General

Super Spicy Tech Edition

What tech do you guys have against the hottest new iteration of Death's Shadow?

Opinions on MM 2017?
Here's a link to the spoilers

mythicspoiler.com/mm3/
magicspoiler.com/modern-masters-2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cokZItWUFzQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MM17 is a set that will benefit Legacy more than it will Modern. Calling it now.

I have no spicy tech because I will be buying staples I have been missing that have been stopping me from playing Blue in Modern. Like fetchlands and snapcaster.

>Opinions on MM 2017?
Still waiting on Cavern
and Rishadan Port

I'll ask until satisfied : I want to build either Goryo's or Valakut Breach. Goryo's seems more fun while Valakut seems more competitive.
Anyone with a bit of experience could give me the pros and cons of both decks ?

Valakut is more consistent and makes more big dumb fun plays like casting multiple primeval titans.
Goryos is more fun but is very tight, sideboarding can be very tough as you have very few flex slots.
I think Valakut is the better deck to build because it's harder to hate against and is a lot less likely to get banned.

I don't think Goryo's is likely to get a ban given it's an underplayed T2/3 deck and that Wotc doesn't really care about the "design space" in Modern.

Well thanks anyways, I think I'll start withValakut and then, in time, will build both as they share some cards in common. and maybe I'll try to brew a bastard child of the two replacing worldspine by primetimes in the process

Well that's funny.

I liked todays spoilers until I saw seance. Seriously, wtf this card wasnt even playable in the first set's standard or draft for that matter.

Anyone play abzan scales? Thinking about selling naya burn for it but idk

WotC is putting loads of memes in the set, Craterhoof, Sphinx's Rev, Death's Shadow, along with Seance

>What tech do you guys have against the hottest new iteration of Death's Shadow?
Nothing. I was playing Jund and already had a playset of Death's Shadows, so I went ahead and made the deck.
I fucking love it.

>tree
That's actually hilarious

>>Opinions on MM 2017?
i bought all those cards as chinamen fakes, i don't need to play lottery as some autist do
when will they unban top?

Buying fake cards that look like shit is autism bruh

Been wanting to build Grixis Control in Modern for a while: how much do you see Snapcaster and Scalding Tarn shifting with MM2017?

Wtf how would any of us know?

>le chinamen fakes are bad XDDX meme
>Spending 20$ or more on cardboard is not autism
whatever helps you sleep better faggot

>things I don't like are autistic
>thats why I cling to my principals so hard
user, I have some bad news.

prices won't drop lower than 5 dollars

Tarns have already dropped about $15

What's with all the projection? I have fakes and they don't look good.

You guys need to calm er down.

>tfw playing Doran
>tfw doing well
>tfw tower defense

Fuck it I'm buying this in paper. It's fun as fuck

that's just a couple speculators, but the prices will go back up

you were being autistic while calling other things autistic
we are laughing at you because of it.

My nigga. Shit is so cash in this meta.
I'm torn on running leyline of sanctity in my list though.

when's the next B&R? I know they said March

LET ME PLAY HIM WOTC

Not fun

It's fun for me

i tried to get rid of empty space, but now i'm worried that it's too cramped.
should infect go in sonic fast or pretty fast?
Anyways, do you have any content-related suggestions before i move to aesthetics phase?

>Doran outside of EDH

dude that sounds fun as fuck

what's the best deck I can play this card in

>naturally dodges ensnaring bridge
>fucks with affinity
>premier removal and sideboard hate
>lingering Souls and tower defence
>4x spellskite

Hot damn I can get behind this

Would worship fuck over Death's Shadow in a super heavy creature deck?

With MM17 coming out im looking towards playing a bit of Modern. I like creature based decks and am looking toward something like Melira Company. Whats that like right now?

They could put you to 1 really quickly, and just wait until they draw Collective Brutality.
Of course, you're assuming you live past a retardedly huge swing on turn 3 or that worship wasn't TS'd out.

>tech against death shadow
Codemn, hit one shadow and you kill the rest, slows them down from playing more.

>prices won't drop
>they dropped
>yeah but that doesn't count

Prices tend to go back up a little bit. If the printrunt of MM17 is big enough that might not even happen this time

Esper Draw-go

esper control
its an entire deck built around how flexible esper charm is
its pretty ok
I think the win condition is white sun's zenith so thats pretty neat
it runs the same shell as gifts so i think its mostly a budget deck.

I'm back

Epser charm probably isn't good but I wanted more ways to make my opponnent discard and still have it be instant

should I just have 2 LotV instead

You're doing it wrong.

What's a fun entry-level modern deck?

Emeria/Sun Titan control

I've got three Dorans from my days of playing Lorwyn limited, what else do I need to meme this deck up, senpai?

Everything or Esper Charm

cause I already know everything is wrong

I see that you're trying to play some off color death's shadow, which is fine. But, you forgot your Baubles to start with.

What would you cut for 4 bauble

This feels like it's a couple card short of being mildly decent

Thoughtscour.

I love this.

I'm out now so can't post full list but you'll surely need treefolk harbinger, spellskite, tower defense, assault formation and birds/nobles
Optional chords, removal, Lagonna-Band trailblazer, siege rhinos

Should I keep all 4 snapcasters?

Would a one of slip through space be alright? I can't give double strike/trample but unblockable and draw sounds not bad

Neato, thanks. I've got the Treefolk Harbingers too. I wonder if Rootgrapple works for removal as it's like a Desert Twister that replaces itself. I've also got some Nyx-Fleece Rams which might be good...

so more or less this?

youtube.com/watch?v=cokZItWUFzQ

Yea more or less. I think the sideboard is shitty and Ajani is retarded.
Do you think going a coco route or more removal heavy is the way to go?
I feel like I should drop skill rhino but it's my modern guilty pleasure

I can't believe I can finally get Liliana

I've waited so long

>mythic

>What tech do you guys have against the hottest new iteration of Death's Shadow?

CoCo seems good to go faster, yeah. Sideboard in the video could be easily changed, More discard now that Inquisition is being reprinted should be good, maybe Heroic Intervention if your meta has a lot of boardwipes.
I'd even get fatal push if death's shadow keeps going up in popularity

Its a really strangely solid midrange deck. Naya burn is probably better though.

*thinking emoji*

Gw stompy, or the new multicolor burning tree revolt zoo deck

>fatal push
Would path not just be better? They don't have ways to utilize their lands and push doesn't deal with prime time or bigger eldrazi. I'm always torn on what to use now in wbx decks

>heroic intervention
That's something I'll try out for sure.

My issue with CoCo aside from variance is in much more comfortable when I have answers in my deck rather than creature spewage

Dude.

Use the innistrad trees like in the OP
Or at least I can see tree of redemption being great. Burn and other aggro decks will have alot of trouble killing you and with assault formation it can actually swing

How are Treefolks not a thing?

Oh they will be now.
This can be our deck. We'll show them who's bad at magic!!

It's me. I'm bad at magic. I know it in my bones. I will forever be 2-2-1

baral or curious homunculus?

Main deck ensnaring bridges?
Or more of a sideboard package with LotV?

This is all I have to contribute to death's shadow tech

just run this

>Fatal Push
>Temur Battle Rage

I think I'm going to build my shitty modern miracles deck now. This will be the best time to get it all for cheap.

This is actually bretty gud?

Don't need, play Affinity.

Craterhoof, and Shadow being memes...

bait much?

Death's shadow is bad senpai, Its flavour of the month Jank.
Its just as uninteresting and dumb as it was when Git Probe was still legal.

And yes Craterhoof is a fucking meme
No one plays elves in modern, and elves is the only deck that shit like craterhoof sees play in.

Craterhoof is 25 dollars, why are you upset? You wanted the green miracle?

I'm not upset
Though If Goyf doesn't get reprinted I will very upset

>Death's Shadow shouldn't be repinted because it's uninteresting
>wants goyf

The mythic in the set, besides snap and lili, are there for the draft experience (TM). Not because they are used in decks

What about griselbrand

>Death's shadow is bad senpai
Disregard this post. user is delusional

They couldn't think of a better black card to put at mythic, but didn't want to use another card for Draft Experience (TM)

what about past in flames?

Draft card.

It's really fucking good in draft

When will be the right time to buy new snappies? It's around 35 buckos now, think it will fall lower post release? Also, same question about Tarns/other fetches.

They'll drop, they aren't played in any high tier decks. The best shell for him right now is Grixis control/delver which is barely hanging onto viability. I say they drop by 5-10 bucks immediately and trend down over the next year. It might be a twenty dollar card again.

>control and delver hanging on
Sure, compared to the flavor brews of the month that are eldrazi tron and DS. But otherwise both decks are pretty solid

you really like calling decks flavor of the month huh?

How are they not? Eldrazi didn't exist before the last month or two and DS wasn't even tier 2

DS was definitely tier 2 before. But more than that calling them flavor of the month just ignores how good they are. Decks like jeskai nahiri could barely top 8 when everyone was jumping on the bandwagon, death's shadow continues to place multiple decks in the top 8 of every event since GP Vancouver. The conversion rate of day 2 to top 8 is also extremely high.

It also goes to show how great DS is when wotc does bans that target it, and it only gets stronger.

It's not the same deck at all though. DS now is basically jund but it always has an aggressive hand and a discard spell on turn 1.

We need version of this but with Deaths Shadow.

too much ramp not enough value imo

o r z h o v c h a r m
s
p
i
c
y

I can't wait to see my opponents face when I play this jank