Boast about your ill gotten Stories.

You can find also english pdf here.
mega:#F!KcYnFRwB!svAhjnY3pBgihPFs2CUoUg!HQpRVQ7b

Other urls found in this thread:

helden-software.de/
de.wiki-aventurica.de/wiki/Soloabenteuer/Automatische_Liste
youtube.com/watch?v=c0BODBuXa48
youtube.com/watch?v=6A3g3k__-mI
dlalt.orkenspalter.de/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/06/Preisliste-DSA-4.0-und-4.1.pdf
ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/dsa-the-dark-eye-28mm-fantasy-c-30/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For the German speakers:
I use this for character generation:
helden-software.de/

Link to the english folder:
mega:#F!KcYnFRwB!svAhjnY3pBgihPFs2CUoUg!CUgFCBZb

>4.1

Aren't that DSA1 rules? I wish somebody would upload the 5. edition. Or just the new books into the german folder. I'm still looking for Niobaras Vermächtnis but can't find it anywhere.

there is all. Not only 4.1.
Look through the folders.

Time for Greek Adventures!

The Helden-Software is DSA 4.1. And the lazy ass developers don't even plan to do a 5. edition one because they're nostalgic autists and every change in system is bad and boohoo.

I actually had to spend a few months to write my own application just to have a working DSA 5 chargen that doesn't looks like dogshit. I'm still angry about it and the lost time spend on learning java.

Furthermore it seems that the folder isn't updated anymore. Which is kinda sad.

Look on the page the 5th is already released.

>helden-software.de/

No. But they're linking to one working worse than anything I've ever seen before.

The truth is that there nearly no people who care about the 5th edition.
I personally also don't know about it at all. Never bothered looking into it.

Just like nobody cared about the 4th edition until a lot of the extended rules and lorebooks where published.

But DSA5 is already starting pretty strong compared to that.

Shill a little for it and I may change my ways.
What are the big advantages?

>Simplified Charactercreation (Only AP)
>Combat is now faster, lower PA-Value
>Stamina removed
>New status system for simplified and less bulky rules handling influences to rolls
>New Ability-System with new rules for modification and the introduction of a Quality-System to show how well you did in a sucessful roll

But I'm not a shill and the system has definitely flaws.

>Devotees are now just more shitty wizards
>Schips
>Less Talents and more optional abilities
>Unbalanced classcosts, especially if you don't play on the "experienced" level.
>Terrible balance between certain mage-types. Bards have to sacrifice one action to keep their melody going compared to dancers only using a free action.

>simplyfied

I'm sorry. I don't want my DSA be casualized.

Not casualized just less shitty to handle and calculate.

My sport games don't work without Stamina tho.

Depends.

It would be strange if they don't add some focus rules in a later publications for exhaustion. Stamina was a a shit way of dealing with it.

I read through the 5th edition.
There are no Achaz and Orcs.

That's just a sad attempts to make money. Shit is too poor.

Will be added in a later book.

Why tho?
There was everything you need in the 4th.

Did we read a different 4th edition? The last time I checked it was a cashgrab that couldn't even be played with just the corebook.

I've been playing now for over a decade and you can play it easily also with only the core book. Did this several times.

Yeah, try playing a mage without WdZ and maybe a LC. How about a Devotee? Buy WdG!

It's the same in every edition of DSA.

You buy those extensions.
You can't even play a proper fighter without MBK.
And don't forget the Arsenal goym. How else do you kow which weapons.

Well but I have everything I need. I won't rebuy everything to have it again.

Exactly! That's always how the handled the system. Sometimes they make old rulebooks obsolete and sometimes you are basically forced to buy certain books to play a certain character. And that opens up to new expansions for said character that rely on new books itself.

Absolutely jewish. And yet I still love it.

Also I will just continue to post some Illustrations.

I don't even know the name of the guy that is drawing these. He is very talented tho.

Even if the 4th edition is a better game I can't speak German so I can't play it.

>still only 2 posters
Life is suffering

Hallo
There is also a little shit in english:

It's not necessarily a better game it just has more content because it's released for quite a few years now.

DSA5 is a great starting point if you're new to the syste. The translations are very high quality and a lot of stuff is funded rather quickly on Kickstarter. So if everything goes alright you will have a regular stream of new books.

I uploaded the small version. Have a bigger one because I really love this image.

Need an adventure for one player and one master.
Anything out there?

What edition?

4th

Take a look at the solo-adventures and try GM them like a regular adventure. I can't remember any DSA adventures that are for 1 Master and 1 Player, sorry.

de.wiki-aventurica.de/wiki/Soloabenteuer/Automatische_Liste

There are a few people drawing these. Sometimes I'm disturbed by little changes in the art style, but I'm sure it's just me nitpicking. The picture with the gods has the signature "SN" which could mean Nadine Schäkel. Btw, here are some speedpaintings from her: youtube.com/watch?v=c0BODBuXa48
youtube.com/watch?v=6A3g3k__-mI

> not posting best goddess

question for veteran/experienced DSA players/gms
How system neutral is the dark eye?
Could you take the rules and create your own gameworld? are the rules hardwired to be used exclusively in aventura?

That's not Rahja

> not posting best Rahja
TRIGGER WARNING: NSFW

The rules themselves no.
But Mages are bond on Aventurian Universities (what you can rename and modify) same with priests and warriors.

kek

I should have expected that.

Does anyone know a source for designer clothes costs in Venturia.
My player is a famous dancer in the Opera of Grangor earns mad cash and wants to participate in the luxury upperclass.

Depends heavily on the edition.

DSA 4 + 4.1 take a look at this
dlalt.orkenspalter.de/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/06/Preisliste-DSA-4.0-und-4.1.pdf

Look at site 3&4 and compare to the "Extravagant" quality.

DSA 5 comes with some interesting pieces in the corebook. Ball gowns, for example, cost 350S you an easily scale the price for designer clothers from there since they should be on a similar level of complexity. That's basically what a lower noble could afford easily.

Damn she earns like 50D per month.
Seems like this isn't even the wage of a famous artist.

In the bestiary thread someone wanted a translation of the laraan pages of the 5e bestiary.
I had a quick go at the first page. It's not that good, but might give an idea about the creature until someone scans the official translation.

forgot image

Regionalkarten > DSA4 > Reich aus Licht und Traum

This data is broken. I can't open it.

>kampfer
>Krieger
>soldner
Don't these all just mean solider

Kämpfer - fighter
Krieger - warrior (i.e. somebody with a warrant of sorts as well as a academic education; basically a licensed fighter with a broad education)
Söldner - mercenary

As a side note:
In 5e profession packages are merely guidelines that give no advantage over manually investing in skills and stuff. So in the context of this edition, those professions are just flavored examples of possible mundane fighting professions.
Other warrior-likes from the 5e core rules include: Gladiator, Pit Fighter, Show Fighter; Guard, Jailer;Knight; Tribal Warrior

Do Archaic Achaz live on the southern Aventurian Islands or are there only Tribal once?

350S are 35D, quite expensive.

I wish someone would just upload the english pdf's. I can't even find them on my favorite trackers and e-book sites.

Only a few books got a translation into english.
It was never as succesful anywhere in the world as in Germany.
People called it too German.

That was because the translation effort was too half-hearted. The current publisher recognized this and plans to do much more for the new edition. There have been a few Kickstarter campaigns for some of the core books. Afaik they plan to publish all significant German book in English.
They also made SFW variants of some illustrations (stuff like covering nipples) to get more acceptance in the American market.

>SFW variants of some illustrations
Americans don't deserve this game.

They also renamed the orcs. (Schwarzpelz in german, schwarz translating as "black") to not offend the americans.

Fucking kek.

>The Godesses are no longer all topless to bait sales out of horny teenagers
Also, why is Geralt in there?
Has he killed Finrun and taken over?

How would Blackpelt be offensive?

Because it includes the term "black" which is apparently terrible offensive for the american market. You know, making these connection between rather dumb brutal and agressive creatures and orcs.

oh, b ut i like telling the hard truth.

so, i've seen old figs for Das Schwarze Auge back in th eearly 2000's.

what is DSA like that makes it better than DnD (besides being german and mature), what dice does it use, and what is the real pitch to play the setting over anything else?

Danke.

Pros:
-very in-depth world
-expansive skill system
-tons of non-combatrant classes

Cons:
-combat is, and has always been, shit
-low level heroes aren't all that capable

Cont.

D20 for most skill checks, D6 for damage and other small stuff.

It uses d20 and it heavily depends on your personal playstyle what system is superior.

DSA is in contrast to DnD a lot more "realistic" and "believable" it's pretty much low fantasy and focuses on the roleplay and simulation aspect instead of pure combat. Combat in contrast is typically also a lot more deadly.

The main selling point is the evolving metaplot. DSA has an incredible rich and detailed finished setting (Aventuria and Myranor mainly) which was fleshed out over 30 years by a lot of talented german fantasy authors and the big community. It's incredible detailed and just feels alive.

>It uses d20
Let me expand on that:
It uses 1d20 roll-under for attribute checks and a 3d20 mechanic for skill checks. Combat is 1d20 for attacks 1d20 for defenses ("active parry" as opposed to rolling against a static DC) and 1d6+modifiers for damage.
>which was fleshed out over 30 years by a lot of talented german fantasy authors
Especially in the early times there is some cringe-worthy material in there, though some of it has been retconned.
> It's incredible detailed and just feels alive.
That I agree to. They have the aventurian herald, an in-game newspaper published every other month. So one year on earth is one year on dere.

I don't like Myranor.
It has a simplified culture system.
One of my biggest pleasures is to read through teh different cultures.

>cringe-worthy material
Nahema ai Tamerlein! Don't you just love her?

I leafed through some DSA books when I visited Köln 2 years ago. Definitely overengineered, I do like the world though.

>Especially in the early times there is some cringe-worthy material in there
Yes but if you read through it today it can entertain you wonderful for an evening with the group. Nothing better than playing a DSA1 adventure and read through 8 sites of introduction-text that isn't even connected to the actual adventure.

fuck you and your shitty irrelevant game
3/10 low effort shill made me reply

I'd be happy if we could get a regular DSA/TDE thread going.

me too, i just came back to dsa after a 15 year "break"

generals are cancer
TDE is Cancer
TDE community is Cancer
please go back to your petty subreddit

>Especially in the early times there is some cringe-worthy material in there, though some of it has been retconned.
But the Thorwaler stuff is still present.
And it's gotten to the point that they might as well be Space Wolves.

Mind explaining why? With reasonable arguments prefered.

>why are generals cancer
this is an image board if you want consistent discussion over an specific topic you might prefer an Forum
>why is TDE Cancer
there are many many reasons.
1. The Authors are overly attached to detail in the Setting.
2. Aventuria is more like a playground, you can use the toys but you are discouraged to change them
3. The Rules burrow from many systems, mixes them with a bad designed combat system(TDE combat sucked since 2e) and mind boggling propabilitys for rolls and presents this mess as "fantastic realism"
> why is TDE Community Cancer
because they only play TDE, they think that TDE is the best and "much realistic" game on this planet, they think that Aventuria is the best developed Setting out there, but basicly the only play adventures from around 10 to 20 years ago because the new stuff sucks ass.

>TL:DR
TDE is a giant circlejerk

Hot opinion. Thanks for bumping the thread anyway I guess.

you know, I want to disagree with you, but this is somewhat accurate.

Outside of my old group of friends, all the groups I've met included at least one annoying asshole insisting on delivering all his line in what I guess is supposed to be authentic medieval German.
It's fucking infuriating.

Hey, today my player picked Rich X for 10AP which basically gives him 250D at the beginning of the game.

This is far too unbalanced in my opinion and I'd love to nerf it without being a dick to the player. Even 3 or 4+ of this advantage is incredible disrupting. What would be a fair cost/gain ratio?

Have him spend at least half of it prior to baginning the game.

Then he still starts the game with 163D.

Everyone else has a budget of 75D minus the bought Equipment.

So?
If your campaign falls apart from one player having a bit extra dosh, maybe the perk isn't the problem.

One player in my party is far too rich to be plausible, but we never had any problems with her buying us stuff. If the quest can be solved with flinging money at NPCs it's not a good one.

How is DSA combat shit? And yes, low level heroes aren't all that capable because they aren't all that far removed from normal mortal people, At the start, you're mostly just a dude that learnt how to swing a sword, do magic, stitch people up, etc. I don't always want to play some kind of high-flying superhuman, sometimes it's interesting to play a character with - somewhat - realistic weaknesses and limitiations.

>How is DSA combat shit?
-slow
-armor mechanics are fucking retarded (far to much encumberence for far too little protection)
-anything but the largest two-handed weapons will take forever to kill anything unless you specc the entire character out for combat, which defeats the idea of having the vast skill system

>sometimes it's interesting to play a character with - somewhat - realistic weaknesses and limitiations.
the point still remains that a lvl 1 character is fucking pitiful for someone who trained all their life to be a warrior or a cleric of the goddess of war. Same goes for most NPCs; no one's stats live up to their lore.

So everything is just weaker? How can you say that you're weak then?

Money is basically wasted Ap points.
Let him have his money.
What will he do with it? Renting a luxus apartment?

Because your performance in-game doesn't measure up to whats presented to you in the flavour texts.
Martial classes don't start to live up to their fluff until level 8-10.

A newbe warrior easily kills the other newbies except the mages.

The sence of roleplay is to develop your character not to start with a developed character.

I can critisize the slow and complex fight mechanics. It can take hours to fight something down.

But to say it's shit that you start weak is simply retarded. Cheat yourself 2k AP from the start if it's so important to skip the achieved development.

>But to say it's shit that you start weak is simply retarded.
No, the claiming you start as full fledged warriors only to have your characters bumble around like idots who've never held a sword before is retarded.
If the game started you out as half trained squires or some militia dude it 'd be another matter.

And for that matter, claiming that in order to roleplay you must spend the first few sessions as a bunch of ineffective buffons for the sake of having a sense of archivement is fucking retarded.

Starting as a warrior you can have easily 14 skill in a weapon. Being strong and for sure don't miss most hits and make proper damage (Ordinary longsword makes already 1D6+5 considered you only have 22-30 Hitpoints).

I played a warrior already and this looks pretty stable.

Yeah, but I shouldn't have to minmax the character to somehwat reliable hit with standart attacks.
And again, that's before factoring in wearing armour, which makes most physical goals almost impossible.

The game should either buff combat across the board or severely simplify it to focus more on non-combat stuff, which works much better.

>so, i've seen old figs for Das Schwarze Auge back in th early 2000's.
what these guys?
ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/dsa-the-dark-eye-28mm-fantasy-c-30/

yeah still seem to be available - even the The Ulrich Kiesow Memorial figure [pic related]

>slow
Not really the case in 5e anymore. Fights are a max of 20~30 minutes for my group which is okay.

>armor mechanics are fucking retarded
Armor is saving you, oh wonder, from attacks. Exactly what armor is supposed to do. Exactly what is realistic about armor. Don't expect to fucking kill a fully plate-armored knight with your little dagger. This isn't DnD.

>anything but the largest two-handed weapons will take forever to kill anything
Bullshit and heavily depends on the enemy.

>unless you specc the entire character out for combat
A character not build for combat is worse than a character build for combat, who would have thought? What should happen, in your opinion, when a non combat experienced medikus is fighting against a fully armored experienced oponnent?

>a lvl 1 character is fucking pitiful for someone who trained all their life to be a warrior or a cleric of the goddess of war
lvl 1 characters hardly trained for life and are most of the time just complete nobodies that spend a few years to grab the basics of a certain concept. You aren't even supposed to start as a "lvl1" unexperienced character in the newest edition since that is basically townsfolk NPC level.

I've been through the same song & dance 3 times now.
If you want the whole story, read through the thread; I'm sure you'll be able to find my posts.

Short version:I find DSA's combat system extremely frustrating until you reach a high enough level to make proper use of manoveurs and improved attacks.
That's why me and my group switched systems and now simply use DSA's lore.
If people want to play craftsmen or inkkepers, good for them.

Most of that stuff is true for 4th ed though, unless you're blind

Only the slow combat.

Short version: You are a stupid nigger that expects an untrained non combat level 1 character to deal serious damage against a fully armored experienced oponent.

You also completely miss the point of modular rules and character development. You expect to kill dragons with a level 1 character and rip dimensions apart right from the beginning. Glad people like you stay away from the system.

clearly, I have been bested by your superior arguments.
Enjoy your dead thread.

That coming from the guy going 3 times through his armada of butthurt opinions just to end up in the DSA thread anyway.

Go away. You won't be missed.