Warmachine/Hordes General WarmaHordes

CID and PP Forums GONE Edition

Mk3 list building:conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat:discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html
>Mk3 Protectorate Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html
>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html

Old thread:

op is a fag

> Today, Immoren.
> Tomorrow, the galaxy!

Nice alt paint scheme! ... though it does put me in mind of some type of WoWcraft wizard character.

Should have done his face in yellow, then you could spend every game screaming about how He-Man is ruining all your plans.

>forums gone
explain?

Doomy3 guy here from the last thread. Updated the list a bit, but still there might be too many beasts.

Trollbloods Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] The Power of Dhunia

(Doomshaper 3) Hoarluk Doomshaper, Dire Prophet [+26]
- Scroll Bearer
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Mulg the Ancient [19]
- Earthborn Dire Troll [15]
- Troll Bouncer [9]
- Troll Axer [10]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Trollkin Runebearer [0]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (min) [6]
- Stone Scribe Elder [3]
- Trollkin Sorcerer (1) [3]
Dhunian Knot [6]
Troll Whelps [0]
Troll Whelps [0]

Are the runeshapers good enough by themselves that I can play with with Doomy3 and not support them at all? I am the only troll player in my meta so I have no clue how they perform.

Surely we should move this discussion to Facebook & Twitter?

God help us all

PP is revamping the forums in the next few days, and the implication is that all the faction forums are getting axed. So there will be no reason to go there any more.

interesting; as a CoC player that means that either my discussions are going to get far more visible thanks to being in a completely open forum, or that the forum-based community for my faction is going to die because they can't keep up in post-volume with the larger(see: all) factions

Whelps are terrible. You're better off with something line Janissa or a couple shamans than whelps that aren't going to do anything

At this point there's no guarantee they'll host any kind of discussion like that at all, the only forums they've mentioned having at all are rules questions, modeling, and the new model testing thing

You won't be having that kind of discussion. If you want to bitch about your CoC you'll have to do it on Facebook or here. If you're lucky they'll show up in CID

Thanks for the advice, I've heard that they aren't great but not that they were that bad. Also in that list I accidentally had a sorcerer, when I didn't mean to put that in.

Trollbloods Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] The Power of Dhunia

(Doomshaper 3) Hoarluk Doomshaper, Dire Prophet [+26]
- Scroll Bearer
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Mulg the Ancient [19]
- Earthborn Dire Troll [15]
- Troll Bouncer [9]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Trollkin Runebearer [0]
Dhunian Knot [6]
Janissa Stonetide [0]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
- Stone Scribe Elder [3]
Trollkin Runeshapers [9]

The other option is dropping the Runeshapers for an axer, then doing two northkin shamans instead of the janissa. I just feel like the extra beast might be too much to deal with fury wise. I want to keep the bouncer for the shield guard.

lolwut? Whelps are terrible in a Doomy list with 6 beasts? Free whelps, at that.

You're crazy, user. I like you... but you're crazy.

actually, the CoC community is pretty good. Very rarely is there complaining about anything outright; usually it's asking what people think is strong, what could be done to make things a little stronger, or showing off models.

>Can't stand digital rules, like all my stuff in nice, high-quality printed hardcopy
"We're moving all our rules to digital and stopping putting cards in the packs, but don't worry, you can just print out shoddy copies at home, pay a printing service to do it, or buy the cards at grotesque import rates!"

>Can't stand social networking, hate facebook, have no intention of getting involved with
"We're gutting our forums and moving all the interesting discussion to social media!"

Kinda feels like PP are trying to push me out of the game at this point. I guess it's what I deserve for being an old fuddy-duddy trying to play a trendy modern wargame instead of Warhammer.

to people with magnetized Dire Trolls: how do you fix the back pieces so they can go between Maulers and Blitzers/Bombers? none of mine fit right, and I'm not sure if it's because of a shitty mold batch or if it's the norm.

They don't do anything in that list. A shaman or Janissa does actual work on the table. Sure they're all free, but if you're going to play a theme and limit your list choices you should take free models that are, you know good.

You could maybe make an argument for 1 set of whelps but never 2

I like having the cards just to collect, but War Room isn't too bad. The book system they were using needed to change though, speaking as someone interested in reading the fluff.

And the words 'interesting' and 'discussion' aren't how I'd use to describe my experience on a few of the facebook faction groups. The format just isn't condusive to actual conversation like the forums (or even here), and the fact that the posts are there and forgotten so fast doesn't help.

I hate to say it since conspiracy theorists on here have been repeating it for years, but I wonder if they're not doing so well financially. These both feel like they're at least partially cost cutting measures.

>has clearly never played trolls

>getting rid of one of the only ways Trolls can manage fury

I play many, many games a week with Trolls. Whelps are garbage fury management and are a total crutch. Either they do nothing or are easily mitigated by your opponent.

Toss that plastic piece of garbage in the trash and pick up the superior metal sculpts

that doesn't answer the question I asked though, I need to fix the model that was available to me.

It totally answers the question. There is no good way to magnetize the model. Toss it, get the better metal sculpts.

If you're determined to use the shitty plastic you'll have to glue the bomver/Blitzer back in and just use that for the Mauler.

Asking a question for a friend, he has gotten started with Warmachine. He has the khador box, and has painted all of them, so he wants to get a couple of units to add on to it.
He has already settled on buying doom reavers, but wants to know whether or not he should get Winter Guard Infantry or Rifle Corp.

I play Trolls, and nobody else I play with plays Khador, so I have no clue. I think rifles might be better if he wants them dedicated to shooting, however I don't know much about Khador.

definitely the rifle corp. The reason people take the Winter guard is for the Rocketeer attachments, so he'll want three of those guys too. I think the newer Infantry boxes come with a full unit and three rocketeers, but most people run multiple half units with three rockets each, to maximize the amount of rockets they can bring to bear.

I find them to be totally decent fury management. Are you just an idiot and deploy or shed all five instead of splitting them?

actually, I don't hate that idea. I'm not a big fan of the back hair option anyways, idk why I didn't consider that in the first place.

Question for the troll players in the room. I'm thinking about running Band of Heroes with Borka, and try to recreate a little bit of that old Family Reunion feel. It's not as overtly powerful as Power of Dhunia as a theme, but I've been looking to get some kind of troll infantry brick on the table for a while and this seems like a way to do it.

Borka already runs this style of list pretty effectively, and you get 2-3 free solos, 2" deployment, and universal Take Down.. not too shabby, as theme list benefits go. But does that weigh up for losing access to rage inducing tableflip-bait that is arcane warded champs under star crossed? That's the question.

>actually, I don't hate that idea. I'm not a big fan of the back hair option anyways, idk why I didn't consider that in the first place.
Well you can't just get RID of the back hair. The back hair is what makes it a Mauler. They store their anger in there (that's why it turns red).

They're useless. Either your opponent doesn't suck and kills them with electro leaps/aoes/a stiff breeze or your just kills your warbeast and the whelp does nothing.

If you've managed to destroy everything on the table that threatens your beast, congrats! You can let that beast frenzy and use the models in your list that actually contribute something to further your victory

Conflictanon here.

Considering adding forums to conflictchamber.com.

How crazy am I?

you crazy bastard

honestly, if you've got a server to support it go for it. The only thing I'd be worried about is that there would mainly be people from Veeky Forums on the forum, which would (to me anyways) detract from them. I'd say wait until the forums are reopened from PP, and then depending on how shit that goes figure it out from there?

Well yeah, why do you think they rushed out Mark3. They probably got bought out privately and the new owner wanted some cash.

I'd say yeah, if there are no faction forums after the official one comes back up.

While it would be a lot of Veeky Forums people, being able to talk to people specifically about what faction you want without it getting lost in the sea would be nice.

You know we love you, right? I think you're getting yourself into... something... here, though.

Probably best to see what actually shakes out when they re-open first, but there will definitely be a need if there are no faction forums officially.

If your opponent is throwing attacks at a troll whelp that costs 4/5 of a point, I'm really not complaining. You're right that they're not great, but they're certainly not useless.

Plus, in a beast heavy list, I'd take a pack just for the drag immunity. Whelps are single-handedly responsible for one of my regular opponents never bringing his prime axiom anymore.

We love you man, so don't make yourself unhappy unless you want to.

this is why

>(Naaresh 1) Master Ascetic Naaresh [+32]
- Archidon [10]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Molik Karn [19]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Saxon Orrik [4]
Extoller Soulward [3]

I just won a game using this. The Savages survived the whole game and got work done because killing them would require too much effort.

Why would you split the discussion even more?

>Nihilators (max) [15]
drop the nihalators, orin midwinter saxon orrik and extoller

bring a unit of ferrox and a tyrant commander.

also a willbreaker if you can squeeze it in.. drop the savages. bring something else

>Nihilators
The point of Nihilators is that you need to spend resources just to boost to hit them, then probably overkilling them with the shot. Ferox just eat the shot then take it on the boxes. Ferox also can't take a charge, whereas Nihilators can do the job while being disposable.
>Orin
But he's the best solo in Skorne.
>Saxon
Pathfinder on dudes is super nice. I almost picked off Jakes with Orin, leaving one flag (we were on Line Breaker) completely open. Pathfinder from Orin on Naaresh would've let me immediately go to 3 then 5 in his turn and he couldn't stop me.
>Extoller
But muh souls. And against Hordes it's funny as shit dealing 10 damage to a heavy with a 3 point solo through a forest.
>Willbreaker
Lel for what?
>Savages
I only really played Naaresh to give Savages another shot at redemption, and honestly they performed admirably. What you have to remember is they have a big threat range, 13/16 and 22 boxes won't just vanish from the table, they deal enough damage to take out valuable targets like a solo or Sentry Stone or something, and they actually require your opponent to put effort in to kill them. That's the big thing here. In my game, my opponent had nothing that could just casually deal with this thing without putting itself in danger. Sure they're garbage against something like Dawnguard Sentinels as is every other fucking warnoun in the game, but you're dismissing it too easily. It's not there to kill the world, it's there to tickle the world and be just annoying enough.

>they don't know what containment boards are

Crawl back under your rock and stay there, cave-dweller. You're so fucking cool without social media. Wow. Much rebel. Very mystery.

You play a toy soldier game like the rest of us. You interact with other humans at least once in a while. Suck it up and adapt.

angry kid yells at old man for no reason

so triggered, chill and go play Facebook or something

You'll care one day, kid. Privacy counts when it starts being in somebodies interest to justify not spending money on you; the odd cat picture just isn't worth it on the balance ledger.

Don't go burning yourself out on non-critical tasks, conflictanon.

Does anyone have a all comers Kromac2 list? All the ones I end up seeing are dedicated anti armor lists. I want to bring Kromac2/Baldur2 (anti ranged) to a tournament on Saturday. And try to main Kromac2 all day if I can

You're way too good for this world.

How many Wreckers should I have for a cephalyx army?

Currently I've got one warden, 2 wreckers and a subduer

4. Thexus can be happy with 2 Wreckers, Cognifex usually wants 4.

>Pussyfooting about getting into Warmachine
>Khador or Convergence
>As of today both faction's All-in-one boxes are no longer listed on PP's site and they're unavailable on Amazon
Whelp, that was easy. Maybe in a few months

All-in-one boxes are always limited-time deals. The ones you looked at were probably a few years old. There's currently a wave of new ones but I don't think the Khador one is out yet.

Oh, and if you want to start WMH, take a look at the battle boxes. They're comparatively cheap (though made of somewhat shitty material, but nothing you can't solve with a knife, a file and some time) and give you everything you need to learn the game.

So this game is basically dead right?

Wat? No. These threads can be pretty dead at times though.

Advice for a beginner? The two aesthetics I like the best are the dwarf Mercenaries and the monsters of Circle Orboros. Are they fun/high on the tier lists?

Both are really good, if you keep the following in mind:

1) Dwarven Infantry is not all that good. Forgeguard are okay, but Highshields and Tactical Arcanists are crap.
2) Dwarven Jacks are really good. The light ones stand out as excellent, especially with Ossrum, but they're all good.
3) Circle has very little bad stuff. They have a few casters that get played a lot, but the rest of the faction is also playable. Wolfsworn for example are very underplayed.
4) In every faction the quality of most units varies depending of what you combine them with. I'll give you a Skorne example because I know them best. In Skorne the Titan Gladiator is an excellent beast that finds a place in most lists, and not just because of the important Animus. On the other hand the Mammoth is found in fewer lists, but that's not because it's bad. It just synergizes with fewer models and takes up so many points that not every list can afford one.

Thank you. It's a shame though, because I really like the models for the Highshields. Are the Skinwalkers good?

Skinwalkers are good yes. They'll probably shine in the Worlfsworm theme force with lots of other infantry under Grayle.

That said, there's lots of potential in Circle that I feel hasn't been unlocked yet.

One last question. Are there any other dwarf war casters besides the three I see on the website?

Probably because they keep getting a single warlock who is an "I win" button so no one bothers trying anything else.

Are you me? Seeing the highshield models is what got me into the game. It broke my heart when I learned they were useless crap.

Not yet, but PP seem determined to kill it by inches.

SR2017 seems like it'll shake things up a lot though, for better or worse.

Nah, son. "dwarfs" is not a faction, just a subset of mercenaries. But the rest of the mercs are baller so come join the cool kids club in merc land!

>being a warmachine dwarf fan is to know true suffering

That is part of the issue. But right now their top warlocks have been toned down enough that some Circle players are trying out new stuff.

There's just those three. Dwarves are sort of a sub-faction of Mercenaries, so they get fewer releases than a full faction.

Wolves of Orboros seem really good why does no one use them? They're a cheap tarpit and each one is easily capable of killing small models if they get in reach.

I'm sorry to say that I find the pirate aesthetic kind of repulsive.

Gun+big shield is my fetish. Apparently the dwarves have a warjack like that called the Avalancher.

>Gun+big shield is my fetish
What if their big shield WAS their gun?

>Apparently the dwarves have a warjack like that called the Avalancher.
And it might actually be good this edition.

Khador looks awesome too, but I'd like to see those guys get ripped apart by werewolf men with axes.

Werewolves are fuckin ace.

You can get Dwarves and then something like 4Star I think which can use almost all the same models, sans caster + jacks. You can get a... uh... thingy that has a gun shield kind of in mercs. I think its called a Rover? It's not even a bad jack necessarily.

You mean like this?

Captcha freezing ate my image.

Not a huge fan of the horns, but everything else is perfect. Maybe I will shave them off.

>horns
Ghetorix wears a horned mask. He's also insane. All of Circle's giant wolves are insane. Apart from Loki who retained sanity.

>All of Circle are insane.
FTFY

Not really. They're the only ones in-the-know enough to actively try to stop the world from ending.

Or so they say. Regardless of their honesty or lack thereof, they're in a fight they cannot win. They'd have to maintain balance forever and forever is a pretty long time.

Nah they only have to maintain it long enough for the people whose actions are fucking up the world to die. Funny really how they're just about the only faction that don't have a problem with the Skorne's world conquest plans. Well, apart from Mordikaar. Circle wants Mordikaar dead. That's probably why Circle got him swallowed by FUCKING SATAN.

They'd probably dislike the Skorne more if they were actually successful. They have a lot of order going on and the Wurm doesn't like that one bit.

They can't really wait for everyone fucking up the balance to die, because that would involve the Wurm and Menoth.

Well too bad for Circle, pumpkin farmers are on their way to fuck all that shit up.

Here solve me this equation
1+1=suck my dick.

>be circle
>get btfo by some malifaux meet dA rejects summoned by a 75% off babayaga copy

>muh babayaga
Fuck off.

>yur babayaga
Fuck on.

It's completely dead in Finland.

Another player here who's tried to make Highshields work. They're pretty mediocre, but you can get some mileage out of them with the right casters. In Dwarves, your best bet is Ossrum, since Snipe lets them actually DO the shoot-and-scoot game they seem to be intended for. Tactician also lets them shoot over other dwarf units like forgeguard. And the feat gives them a respectable 21" threat with the big POW 20 CRA double tap, if you're into that sort of thing.

My favorite caster for them though is probably Fiona. She always wants to bring one high volume shooting unit to abuse Affliction, and high shields (esp under minifeat) can certainly fill that role.

And in case it wasn't clear, always bring the UA. You're better off going min unit than dropping him.

How many games have you actually had with Circle?

A lot of times things that "seem" really good (or really bad, for that matter) don't perform how you expect on the table. Generally speaking, tabletime is the only way to evaluate a model. People just reading cards and spouting opinions turn out to be wrong more often than not.

Wolves can be made to work with the right casters (or now, the right theme lists) but out of the box they just don't do much of anything that a circle player actually wants. They get ripped apart by any kind of shooting, and if they actually make it to the fight their performance isn't that impressive. Better to put those points toward more stones / beasts / etc.

>Better to put those points toward more stones / beasts / etc.
You probably don't want both of your lists to be caster + 3 wolves + 2 sentry + support though. Having one of your lists be an Infantry skew could be beneficial.

Sure. It's very caster dependent, too, of course. But if you look at Circle lists, they rarely have wolves of orboros. Even the casters that are specifically oriented toward infantry, like the Morvahnas, don't really like them. Usually when Circle skew, it's toward either "offensive, with beasts" or "defensive, with beasts".

You do see them with Grayle (and Mohsar, to a lesser extent), who may see a bit of a comeback thanks to the new wolfsworn theme.

>You do see them with Grayle (and Mohsar, to a lesser extent), who may see a bit of a comeback thanks to the new wolfsworn theme.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I played into it recently and it's stronger than suspected. Expecially those 2p wolves hit way above their paygrade.

RIP my Skorne brother

Anybody else trying something like this? Gonna bring it out for a game tonight I think. Right now I'm thinking:
Borka Kegslayer [+28]
- Keggy
- Rok [21]
- Bomber [19]
Trollkin Champions (max) [17]
- Skaldi Bonehammer [0*]
Trollkin Warders (max) [17]
Long Riders (max) [20]
Horthol, Long Rider Hero [8]
Trollkin Champion Hero [0*]
Fell Caller Hero [0*]

I thought long and hard about the krielstone, for obvious reasons, but it bumps you under the threshold for a free solo which makes it effectively a 14 point purchase... which is too much, IMO. Still on the fence about battlegroup composition, although I've tried that pair before and I like it.

Yup, died in my area. Replaced by Infinity and Armada.

MAT8 infantry with 11" threat and pathfinder without any support? I refuse to believe anything other than Circle players just refuse to use it. You're doing what Skorne do with the Animantarax; "it's good, but if we all don't use it, it'll get buffed to shit".