/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 18 (1d26)

Getting sexually excited over Lion reking Curze edition
Ninja Warrior 30k subedition

Last thread user asked after the post, Custodes dreads ALWAYS get 7Ds on the charge, anons dreadclaw ate a paint pot adorably and user designed the fortress to surpass iron gear, er, cage. Night Lords are universally considered the worst legion and user posted his awful, awful space wolves that people got mad at a full 11 hours later. Boggle eyes are just weird. More b8 here >SOON TO BE OBSOLETE, ALL GLORY TO THE SCANON
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

First for best Wolves

>BL plots in one image

Cabal and Alpha Legion plotline

Why is Lorgar the golden son when Dorn exists?

What's the general consensus on Aaron Dembski-Bowden's writing?

My father always told me to never trust a man with a hyphenated last name. But 'The First Heretic' sexually aroused me.

he's polarizing

I don't really like his books much.

Excellent writing, poor stories. If that makes sense.

For those that missed it at the tail end of last thread, plastic Mk III and tartaros are being released as separate kits, for typical GW prices (i.e. much more than you pay if you get BoP or get the kits off ebay.)

>consensus
Everyone sucked his cock until Master of Mankind and now to a bunch of the people who post on the subject he's the most tumblr/sjw/reddit/buzzword thing ever.

Bear in mind where you are when that kind of opinion comes up.

The reality of his quality as a writer is that he's a qood writer with a limited toolbox where character realisation is concerned with a firm belief on the Bad Ending of the setting, and everyone finally noticed.

>until Master of Mankind
talon of horus was the breaking point, really

Too much of daddy issue when dealing with the Emprah and the Primarchs. And he doesn't know how to write about Loyalists.

His Night Lord stuff is really cool IMHO.

Well that's funny considering how much everyone moaned when we heard ADB got to write the first book on the Emperor.

Yeah, moaned as they ejaculated all over their cutting mats.
Anyway
>consensus
on the contrarian tibetan cave-painting dispersal board?
That shit is either ironic or by newfriends.

I quite like his books, some people hate his 'muh snowflake waifu' characters but I didn't really notice them until Veeky Forums pointed them out. They are usually secondary characters with a few people in front of them with regards to page time. While some people do I don't consider it to be tumblr tier writing.

His Night Lord series are good, as is Helsreach (one of my fave warhammer books) and the Horus Heresy books of his that I have read.

Would havoc launcher on a scorpius be a good idea? One more blast doesn't seem like a bad idea and it has equal range to the scorpius launcher. Lacks Barrage, though.

MkIII helmet guy from last thread ia right, I hope I can buy some MKII ones from someone to make my BoP guys pretty.

Is it possible to have a squadron of two Phobos Land Raiders, one with a choppy squad and the other with a Primarch and maybe a Primus Medicae, drive them close to the enemy, disembark, have the Primarch and Medicae join the other squad, and assault as one unit?

As I understand it, an IC just has to move within 2" of a unit in the movement phase to join it and embarking and disembarking are done in the movement phase. So as long as the unit and ICs disembark so that they're within 2" of one another, they should be able to join.

Only if you model it as a double-decker land raider.

imagining some poor medic in a cramped land raider awkwardly making conversation with angron

>Why couldn't we just take the Caestus, my lord?

>so what brings a guy like you to a vehicle like this?
>THEY WOULDN'T LET ME IN THE CAETUS

>*caestus, my lord
>FUCK

Because the rules don't allow it

Probably better than Russ and his two dogs.

How much black would be appropriate for a heresy-era chaplain? Should I just paint him in standard legion colours with some identifying markings like I did with my super apothecary?

Just the shoulder pads maybe?

I think he needs something to identify him as a chaplain otherwise it gets confusing as he is just another terminator. Your apothecary is really well painted but there is nothing that identifies him as such unless you look really close.

> Legion pauldrons go on the right shoulder in certain cases
>My legion marking looks stupid and if facing the wrong way unless it is on the left.
Dammit.

Also,what's everyone's favourite unit? Not necessarily good, maybe just aesthetically.
Hard Mode: Not legion specific.

chaplains are less integrated into their legions, so all black would be my vote

give him a skull hat

Outriders.

Japanese bikes with marines on them look like power rangers

Wolves?

>aesthetically favourite unit
breachers and drop pods

Tell me about it, especially me with my love for studded pauldrons, so I'd have to put the legion markings on the right shoulder.

>favourity unit

Can't go wrong with tacticals. Backbone of the legions.

top kek

Favourite unit? Got to be the Myrmidon Destructors. They're brilliant, and they look badass with those terminator-esque shoulderpads.
Honourable second mention to the Macrocarid, because it really does look like a giant crawling command tank..

Headhunters for aesthetics.
Caestus for awesome factor.

Emperor's Children

>Breachers
Nice choice. I feel they don't fit my EC thematically but I do love the look of them.

Which legion are you?
Tactical always look good.

>Hard Mode: Not legion specific.
Can't say Deathshrouds or Grave Wardens, so Myrmidons. All of them

Ah yeah, I forgot the EC legion marking was asymmetric.

I'm currently cutting up some of the big rectangle boarding assault shields to use with my breachers because I hate the other ones that leave like half the model exposed.

Are UM Breachers with power swords decent as a MEQ killers

Thinking of taking a squad of 20 Peltasts amongst my Reductor. Is it worth taking them in a Triaros to move them up faster and having an auxiarch for the bonuses they provide?

Probably the laser vindicator. Just really like its design, it's a clever futuristic spin on the classic tank hunter idea.

>what's everyone's favourite unit?
terminators
indomitus, specifically

unique terminator armour rules were a mistake

Coolnes wise, Volkite Caliver support squads.

Dunno how to use them best though if you arent sneaky (raven) beakies.

Why the fuck not. I'd allow it.
Mind if I ask, why two Land Raiders instead of one Spartan Tank? I don't like Spartan hammer units, just asking.

Favorite Unit(s)? Tacticals/Terminators of any kind, Walkers (Dreads, Knights, Titans) and drop pods of all sorts.

To me that's what sort of defines 40k/30k, hardend infantry fighting alongside towering war machines

He's good, people are just upset that he makes the Emperor look like an emotionless, manipulative tyrant. Betrayer's excellent, but it's fair to say Master of Mankind is a little weaker.

Just ass king.

Paint his face like this

Breachers and Destroyers, Terminators coming a close 3rd

Thallax. I really like the models and how they play on the table. They're tough, mobile and can put a decent amount of hurt onto an enemy squad.

>Also,what's everyone's favourite unit? Not necessarily good, maybe just aesthetically.

Beakies are the best thing in 30k and 40k

I'm sure there's a reason for why the not!mongolian legion dude wields a power katana, has sort of japanese characters on his armour and is face painted like a stereotypical mime

> Coolest
The Xiphon Pattern Interceptor

On a side note, I assume that having, say, the primarch and primus in a proteus and joining a unit that comes out of a phobos, denies the whole unit the ability to assault.

They're not just Mongols, they're the primary stand-in legion for everything Oriental.

Those don't look remotely Japanese. And Mongol swords often looked a lot like that - sabers with more curve to them, but not as much as a scimitar would have. Good for use from horseback.

But yeah, they've got parallels to feudal Japan (all the arts and crafts samurai practiced in their downtime) and China (their Taoist-ish philosophy and Art of War-like proverbs).

Jetbikes.
If I had one IRL I'd be the happiest motherfucker on the planet.

A full squad of breachers with swords is 240 points while a full vet squad with swords is 260. While you lose hardened armour and the 5++ you get 2 more attacks per guy and WS5. I'd say vets are much better.

I like the Grave Wardens in both senses

Made and sprayed 4 sekhmets, an autocannon termie and a praetor (Phosis T'Kar).

Brosis T'Cool

So do the Reductor fleets show up in any fluff at all? Seems like a hugely powerful, self-sufficient armada of Tech-priest Iron Warriors who are better company would show up and get shit done more often than just Decima. They were mostly Loyalist, I can see a huge Reductor fleet engaging the Traitors in a glorious naval battle.

I like that their job description is "when the Legions are being a bunch of pussies because something is more dangerous than a Militia Conscript, you go solve that problem".

The bald custodian head had a real egyptian feel and fit really nicely in tartaros armour. The sword is a tomb guard halberd jammed on the termie sabre and I cut the guard off. Made sense that the best telekien in the sons would lead a raptora arcana sekhmet group.

That does look really good. I'm looking forward to seeing him painted.

did Phosis wear termi armour tho?

I don't think he did, but Mr Phosis "I kill custodes with ease" T'kar deserves to have some pretty pimping armor regardless due to his bro tier-ness

Can't you just recreate him with iron halo + Raptora benefit?

Why do people like him so much? I'm listening to audiobook of TS and he just seems like a generic hot headed asshole.

I wonder what the FW book with the White Scars will cover. Tempest did cover just one new legion (UM), so it's a possible template - but I think the UM have enough fans to be the only new army in a book and the WS don't.

If it's anything like the WS novels, it would also cover the Emperor's Children as they become more and more debauched and daemonic. The Death Guard are also in those books, but they haven't changed yet.

The Sagyar Mazan could be featured alongside Shadrak Meduson and friends, which means Dwell and Molech could be in the same book. That means daemonic SoH, Slaaneshi knights, Imperial Army, a few UM and BA.

>Why do people like him so much?
I also wonder about that, because he seemed like a bit of an arrogant prick that cared a little too much about his looks.

But then again there are also people who play Empreror's Children by their own free will...

There's some bro moments like when he kine shields MAGNUS from an ELDAR TITAN and the rest you'll get to. He's also right about everything.

spoilers
That's Hathor Maat.

>Phimosis T'Kar

Oh THAT guy !

He seemed alright.

He's fairly cool as HH series chars go, esp as he's essentially in one book. Personally I think the best TS chars are all in the French books, My Dudes are them in the Heresy era.

Nobody likes Hathor Maat, so of course he's the senior Captain other than Ahriman and Amon to survive.

Insurance against weapon destroyed results

Does this work for my Sekhmet?

I don't know if you've noticed, but it's blue.

Order of the Blind are described as wearing lapis lazuli colored armor

Cheeky

I liked Hathor Maat.

He makes me think of DMC3 Dante. Just constantly smartassy and smug

Crimson *and* lapis blue.
If you go by the examples of heraldry in Inferno ie Order of the Jackal, it likely means pauldrons would be that colour.

Close enough.

>yfw when FW forgets them like the Miseriecord

>when you master incomprehensible arcane powers only to use them to change your face like a drag queen

and be a medic, and cast endure elements.

So about Angron, is he tragic or just batshit insane? Or both?

Both.

He loses the sympathy card very quickly as soon as he start leading his legion

I arrange shit so he is tragic, nails and being kidnapped when he wanted to die make him a great gu. Espexially that speech he gave to Kauragar.

To me he knows he is fucked and losing himself or allread has.

Thats why he chases the death he feels cheated off.

He's tragic because he's batshit insane.

It must suck wanting to die it being nearly impossible by being a immortal God of war whose brain is permanently on the fight reflex.

Anyone got a pdf or mobi or this? I'm a sucker for Titan warfare.

I believe thats also the reason he is such a dick. He spreads his shity mood and wants to die fighting the good fight.

some thousand son offers to help a world eater remove the nails, dunno if its a bluff but it seems like they'd be fairly capable of it.

Check the archive. It was posted itt. Maybe...four threads ago?

In Angron's case it was permanent.

I've just read that. It was one of the TS captains and Kharn. He didn't want to remove the nails but rather remove the sickness (chaos taint) from Kharn.

Big E tried to remove the Nails on Angron, but I would have killed him, so he didn't because he could still serve a purpose despite his state. It's in MoM.

ah right must've misunderstood that bit. Still seems liek a pretty blatant blood ravens reference with Revuel Arvida.