Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1368: Villainous Plot Armour Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vpAovWaY--s
monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/
d20srd.org/srd/monsters/pseudodragon.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So Jumper's what was your time in creepypasta like?
youtu.be/vpAovWaY--s

How does one kill this thing forever in a painful way.

That looks like a cute moth girl, you do not kill cute moth girls user.

Oh really?

That doesn't look like the jagged-wing version though. Perhaps it isn't the replacement.

How strictly does OotS follow the game mechanics? It seems like a fun jump but I prefer fluff and logic to crunch.

The hell is that thing?

Just going to leave this here in case SixStrings happens upon us.

I believe it's fairly middling. Some folk in the comic argue about RAW vs RAI but custom spells and such are in that world.

A cute fairy, of course
Airy is a cunt
Play Bravely Default

A cute moth girls final form.

>I believe it's fairly middling. Some folk in the comic argue about RAW vs RAI but custom spells and such are in that world.
Huh, would it be egregious wank to just say that the crunch doesn't matter and that this world just likes to talk in RPG terms about everything?

Pretty strictly. The game mechanics are basically physics and how the world works there. Everyone acknowledges them too.

I mean, sure, there are some differences like spells and classes that don't exist in normal D&D, but it's pretty much built on game mechanics.

Updated work in progress
change log
> rewrote a couple of perks since the version I found didn't have them

> Completed items section

>Added more machine than monkey

>boosted Bad brain#ZAPP!#

>Jumper-mongous no longer big space monkey capstone

> Added rampaging emotions

Are there fire, water, and earth equivalents to Sylphs in D&D?

let's find out!
monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/

worst case scenario, you apply some templates to a Sylph in forgotten realms

Already looked there, provides no descriptions so there is no way of knowing if a creature is element x's version of a sylph.

again , half elemental templates are a thing

Pathfinder, at least, has Ifrits, Undines and Oreads. I don't know if they're in D&D proper, but it'd be fine to fudge it, in my opinion.

Thanks

That's Airy, she's from a game with the subtitle "where the fairy flies."

That title shows up again at the beginning of every chapter, but in the last one both of the "f"s turn red.

I am extremely desperate for perks for the drop in tree of kamen rider first/next.

How silly is being able to identify people by the feel of their abs?

At what point does a final form go from imposing to just tacky, cliche, or both

When it starts to look like this

Look. I don't care how much your opponent hates eggplants, when your final form involves turning into a giant one, you are clearly far too obsessed.

you are like little babies

you are literally a fat oaf

Hehe about that.

Formatting is horrible.

it's a WIP I'm going to finish it, then try and format it. in the meantime, tell me what you don't like about the formatting and how I can fix it.

Valvoga is purposely cliche, he even gets hired as a game boss, it sorta mitigates it compared to others

Does anyone know of a way to act as a source for magic for other people?

Like how gods do in D&D for clerics?

And more than just a handful or your companions, please?

Is it bad that I want my Final Form to look like that?

Hey he asked!

Danmachi maybe. Also pic related might have something in it.

Final forms should look like this.

Instead of adding more stuff, you remove it. See that gun that destroyed universes? Well, I don't actually needed it, I just thought it looked cool. That armor that your friends sacrificed to even scratch? My companions said that it matched my eye's color.

1.get an inner world through infernals or gunnerkeg court
2. get universal adapter from stormhawks
3.get paragon resource generators from supreme commander.
4. Adapt to them to put out the mana of your choice.
5. Build one in your inner world
6. Make the inner world your outer self
with Waveform anatomy from NGE
7. Let people tap into you

What's the difference between getting a Reality Marble as a NP rather than purchasing it as a perk?

You can buy a Reality Marble NP that is more powerful than what the perk bought one is limited to?

Hi, I am Thanks for the .pdf, but I wasn't very clear in my question. I meant to say ,*exactly* like Gods in d&d.

Just by existing you make it possible for people to pray to your spells, without needing to interact directly.

I know that post-spark you can just become a god in a d7D setting to get that ability, but I was wondering if it's possible to get that or something similiar in jump.

And ideas?

I agree. Sometimes a streamline simple for can be more intimidating that just pileling on features.

Like Freiza with his transformations.

Thats interesting, but how would you 'let people tap into you'?

Well, if you're a Dragon in D&D, you can take the Dragon Ascendant class. At level 12, you're a Quasi-Deity, and you can empower Clerics as proper gods do.

Your followers just need the Initiate of [You] feat like Tchazzar has Clerics with the Initiate of Tchazzar feat, but that's merely a matter of training them little extra.

Alternatively, the Church/Angel perks in Innistrad.

The NP would be way stronger.

Because you're In the same dimension outputting mana

>Your followers just need the Initiate of [You] feat like Tchazzar has Clerics with the Initiate of Tchazzar feat,
Oh, wait. Whoops, that's just an upgrade giving a few more spells on your spell list.

You're gonna want Servant of a Dragon Ascendant as their entry feat instead.

That is so damned cute! Makes me want a cute little dragon to pet. . . are there any spells a dragon could use to become tiny?

D&D dragons start out too big for proper lap dragons.

Ah, yes, the Bishonen Line. Your forms get increasingly over complicated and large until you hit your final form, at which you become something mostly human in size and profile.

Considering Sandalphon is a titanic shit, possibly
Who ends an event on a cliffhanger and provides resolution 5 days after the event startup?

>are there any spells a dragon could use to become tiny?
Nope. At least, not in D&D.

There is, however, the Compression psionic power. It only last for 1/minute per level at most though.

And there's the Ring of Reduction, but that only shrinks them by one size category.

>D&D dragons start out too big for proper lap dragons.
Actually, Wyrmling dragons can be Tiny, which is about cat-size. It depends on the species how big they start out.

>Bishonen Line

Not necessarily what I was referring, but it's also fine. Even something like Zen-Oh would be OK. Or if you're into monster forms, being something like Amaterasu from Okami or Coyote from Gunnerkrigg Court would be nicer than being a tentacle-wannabe monster.

I just think that being defeated by a small, more ordinarily looking being is much more humiliating that being defeated by a mountain sized dragon with 500 eyes and thousands of wings.

C.O.U.S. from Princess Bride.

You don't need spells, just pick up a Pseudodragon in any Dungeons and Dragons Jump. You can get them as a familiar with an extra feat quite easily. They're small sized dragons that don't grow with age, but are as smart as people, so you can often teach them Class levels. Admittedly they'll need a bit of help to reach anything above the basics, but they take to Arcane magic quite nicely.

d20srd.org/srd/monsters/pseudodragon.htm

Man, that's good to know. I never even HEARD of that class before, but it certainly has some interesting possibilities. Rather happy I grabbed the Pyroclastic Dragon race for my time in Forgotten Realms now.

Pseudodragons can take class levels? That is wonderful!

In 3rd Edition, everything can be given class levels.

If you give me some time the dragonriders of pern jump has firelizard which are basically doglike intelligience tiny dragons with empathy powers.

Yes, all the lap dragons!

Technically, anything can take class levels as long as their intelligence is above... I want to say 6? Might be 8. In any case, Pseudodragons have 10, which is more than enough.

I have four of the little scaled beasts. Vasuki, Ormr, Ladon, and Fafnir. They like to sneak out of the Warehouse and have little adventures of their own when I'm not looking. They'll usually come back covered in dirt with a bag of treasure they "recovered" from somewhere.

Anyways, each of them are a capable spellcaster of their own. Sorcerers mostly, though Ormr took to Wizardry a little more easily and stuck with it. Fafnir eventually got into Binding Magic. I have to admit, it's a little terrifying when he stretches those powers. Still, he learned them from me, so it's a mixture of proud/scared.

I wish I had a picture of them in the mini Kamen Rider belts Raven made for them. They each only hold one Cosmic Switch, but you haven't seen cute until you've seen four lap-sized dragons shout "Henshin!", transform, and then pose dramatically as a team.

I only wish the Import options were a little better for Steven Universe. I dearly want to make them into Half-Gems, but my build tight as it is. I either import everybody and get nothing myself or take some Drawbacks that I'm really not interested in dealing with.

Oh my god, Fire Lizards! YES! I want to hug you through the internet!

>I wish I had a picture of them in the mini Kamen Rider belts Raven made for them. They each only hold one Cosmic Switch, but you haven't seen cute until you've seen four lap-sized dragons shout "Henshin!", transform, and then pose dramatically as a team.

that's the most Gosh John adorable thing I've heard in 31 days.

those are states Switches we're talking right? I just got the image of them Awkwardly trying to lift a limb with a human -sized gadget on it.

Gonna be a bit, Im gonna limit it to a few of the books to start with cause its a big long series. So Im going to do the first book through when they moved the red star.

Technically, dragons are human intelligence large firelizards. The firelizards came first, then Pern's colonists genetically engineered them to be huge and ride-able. It's easy to forget sometimes that Dragonriders of Pern is actually a sci-fi setting.

>Fire Lizards! YES! I want to hug you through the internet

They are cute. I mean they are weird as hell thanks to a dna triplehelix and caste system but cute.

God Point Granter from God of Highschool.

Oh I know I'm just explaining that they are basically tiny dragons. Kit ping did a great job altering the native lizzies into dragons.

I know, right?! Just freaking adorable!

Yeah, I went with State Switches, which gave them various elemental Breath Powers. I went with the classics. Fire, Ice, Electricity, and Sonic. I /really/ can't wait to head back to a Kamen Rider universe and just roll over the baddies with, effectively, six Kamen Riders. Seven if I could convince Raven to finally pick up one of the things.

Kamen Rider Midnight has a nice ring to it.

>Technically, anything can take class levels as long as their intelligence is above... I want to say 6? Might be 8. In any case, Pseudodragons have 10, which is more than enough.
Not even that, Intelligence 3 is all that's required. Which leads to the fun old trick of giving a slime, which are normally mindless, the Celestial or Fiendish templates. That gives a minimum intelligence of 3, meaning that the slimes can then take class levels. The Fiendish Gelatinous Cube Monk is a mean trick.

>gunnerkeg court
That perk is fucking abysmal. Especially the boosted version. Those boosted capstones are some of the very few things I'd actually call a trap option in the chain.

How so?

hang on, so they don't have helmets on their Rider armor? but then how do they keep their identities secret?

I didn't say you wouldn't need something else to keep it under control,I Was Just saying that it would work for that part of the formula

I would like to request that you import them as magic-type Riders in Neo-Heisei part 2. That way they can get Dragon Phantoms, and use the Infinity Style to become Double Dragons.

>hang on, so they don't have helmets on their Rider armor? but then how do they keep their identities secret?
Riders can open their mouths, bancho. They just usually don't because it scares children (pic very much related). The last Rider to do it was Kiva, and he only opened his mouth just wide enough to hold the Garulu Saber in his teeth.

yes, but then they will lose their elemental Theme distinctions. also rings don't fit very well on A claw.

It's that low? Man, my players must be glad I didn't know that. That would have gotten just... mean. Fiendish Gelatinous Cube Monk sounds utterly terrifying.

>Identities secret.
They're a quartet of small, purple dragons wearing Kamen Rider Belts. All attempts at subtlety have gone out the window with them.

I never watched Wizard, so I only have a vague idea what you're talking about, but I like the sound of Double Dragons. Will certainly be researching that.

One of them is a shapeshifting perk that works based off of making yourself believe you're something other than you are. And then ends your chain if you believe too hard.

Another gives you super engineering skills but slowly turns you into an emotionless robot.

The Inner World one gives you a horrific pocket dimension powered by schizophrenia that you uncontrollably project like a reality marble and drag people into.

The only one with bearable downsides is the one that makes it so you easily dig up information at the cost of people getting pissed at you for doing so. But it's also hardly capstone worthy, so.

except the riders who use that set of transformation Gimmicks Don't have Any kind of mouth to open in canon.

you mean like in what's new with Phil and Dixie? also I was like 30% joking

How are people in Naruto going to react to me being able to casually hand out bloodline limits?

New ninja jesus. Then they will try to kill you.

They will probably kidnap you and make you give them to Their minions, or Make you give every bloodline limit you can to them and then kill you

>I never watched Wizard, so I only have a vague idea what you're talking about, but I like the sound of Double Dragons. Will certainly be researching that.
Wizard and Beast's super forms were accomplished by combining them with their Phantoms. Wizard's Phantom was the Wizardragon, so his super forms were the Dragon Styles, manifesting a different part of the dragon for each of his elemental forms (fire/head, water/tail, wind/wings, earth/claws). When he got all of them combined together he had Infinity Form. Though looking at the Phantom customization, you can't actually get a dragon Phantom. Could have sworn we had one. Well, nevermind, then. Sorry, no Double Dragons.

>except the riders who use that set of transformation Gimmicks Don't have Any kind of mouth to open in canon.
That you can see. They're probably just keeping them closed out of politeness.

I feel like some steps are missing, and assumptions are made.

I mean, lets ask ourselves if in the real world a source of magic came into existence, like a star, shedding mana away from itself. Would we automatically be able to use it, or even perceive it? If so in what way? Could you shape the way the mana is being use? And if you are the source, do you really want others to be able to shape the mana you are giving so readily, rather than in a more contained and limited form like what the D&D Gods do?

Maybe I'm overthinking this...

So speaking of Naruto, how bad of an idea is this?
>Take the one-up perk from Generic Universal Monster that require you provide your own resurrection method
>Die
>Have a companion use Edo Tensei on you
>Take control like Madara did
>You're now an immortal zombie who can near instantly regen from complete vaporization and has infinite chakra

>tfw my Naruto build was having all five of Kaguya's bloodlines but being a one-in-a-billion success that was dwarfed by a one-in-a-billion failure
>tfw the sealing and low chakra amounts may not apply if I give the bloodlines to someone else
>tfw 7DS was before Naruto so my blood can pass it all over
>tfw Hyuuga "Mr. Eugenics" Hiashi finds out my blood can grant others all five bloodlines
I suspect this is the point where I run.

well you got me there, I have no way to disprove an invisible seamless mouth on a Fictitious Suit of power armor.

okay you're gonna want to add the book of magic from Buffyverse to get a handle on that kind of thing, also I failed to remember world of cultivation. There are cultivation methods that are basically Eastern style magic,as well as a cultivation method you can share If you do that formula with ling energy you Can this teach others your cultivation method , which will basically make them Eastern style wizards whose power source is you.

Running would just mean you run to where Hiashi wants you.

Man, everyone always goes for the bloodlines, in Naruto. Am I the only one who went Civilian? Glorious Leadership is probably the best perk in that jump. Take that and all the genetic Chosen Ones of the setting (especially the literal Chosen Ones of Naruto and Sasuke) lose all their importance due to having to acknowledge that it was little old civilian you who saved the day. No noble pedigree, no orphaned status for people to make assumptions about your heritage, just a ninja of low birth who gained strength on their own merits instead of inheriting their ancestors' hard work.

I've got a question about the Mononokehime Jump:

If I take Blessing of the Old Spirit multiple times, do I get to choose an extra blessing every time? For example, could 2 purchases get me a blessing from a Wolf and Deer spirit?

Relating to that, what 3 boons do you think a Fox spirit might grant? What about a Snake spirit? Or how about a Salamander spirit?

Second Question: If I buy the Spirit Sapling, then plant it, do I get a new one next Jump? Or do I only get the one sapling?

Thanks.

I'm not terribly happy that the best way, shy of being a god, which means staying in the setting, is to oblige people to invest the sort of effort a feat represents, but it's much better than nothing.

Thankfully I was intented to take that jump as a dragon anyway (serious, who doesn't? They are amazing!) but I would add a note of caution to your suggestion.

A dragon wishing to become a dragon ascendant must consume their hoard, and it must be no less than 10,000gp and the can't just stop there, it has to be the whole thing. For a jumper that would be bad. Thankfully buying a level in it from the jump and taking a dragon race that can meet the prereq.'s should avoid that.

Take Shelter Beneath My Wings + Blessing is almost just what I am looking for.

Would it be kosher to do both of the above and just fanwank away the need for one's cleric to buy the feat?

I am really uncertain how to narratively put someone getting a feat in the first place, given their nature as abstractions.

P.S. That dragon is adorable.

Damn it. I really want to go to Steven Universe, but after looking over my build again, I'm having second thoughts.

>no Double Dragons.
Darn it. It was a good plan though. I appreciate the thought. That would have been cool.

Maybe I'll import them into Generic Fighting Game, give them a tag-team style martial art, and call them Double Double Dragon.

As you're unlike to get an answer from Dirge on here, you will have to fanwank a lot of that. I don't see why you couldn't take Blessing of the Old Spirit multiple times, but the story behind that would probably get silly really fast.

I'm relatively certain you get a new Spirit Sapling with each Jump, but I make sure to take a cutting and store it in my Warehouse before the end of each decade, just in case.

>hfw he kills you and finds out that your blood doesn't do anything unless you will it to

Thanks, Bancho.

I think I see with the book (although it's a bit tricky to use since you first need to somehow damage the laws of magic before rewriting them), but I don't remember that about being able to make a cultivation method that runs off of different energies than ling.

As far as I can tell from the jump, the closest it gets in have some special places, actions, states of mind, etc to help cultivate, but the energy is still ling/spiriutal energy.

I don't think it matter too much though.
With the book from Buffy, quasi-divine status, Shelter Beneath My Wings and some bullshit skills in magic to iron out the rough edges, i think I can justifiable give my jumper the ability to grants spells, and allow it to be a fairly effortless process.

Assuming the thread agrees with me about it being kosher as .

did you do the earlier KR jump yet? i'd love to read about the fight scene between them And the Smilodon Dopant

Actually, can't Sorcerer Kings from Dark Sun grant spells?

In Okami as a Brush God, will being revered as a great and godlike hero (maybe something like Superman) power you up in place of worship?

I mean, I hate to get into power-levels, but just about any build in SDS would give you solid chances of surviving most things in Naruto.

that is its own kettle of fish and a challenge even for a mid-game Jumper

Fanwank it. And do it in private because Okami's a banned jump.

I did go to Neo-Heisei Part 1 already, but I had to confine my attentions to Shibuya because I unleashed five additional Greeeds. So I didn't get over to fight the Dopants at all. That would have been an interesting fight though.

Please stop telling people that. It's not true.

That must've been disappointing,it's stories like that that make me glad I have multiple bodies so I can be in more than one place at once.

Eh. The average Holy Knight seems to be around weak Jonin level.

Now if Eleventh Commandment (which I'm assuming she bought because, c'mon, it's Red) works on Bijuu, that might be an entirely different story.

Everything is a banned jump these days.