I swear this isn't a /pol/ thread

I swear this isn't a /pol/ thread

How would you roleplay a chaotic character with high mental stats but low physical? When I think of chaotic I think impulsive but I'm finding it hard to imagine a character with good int and wis doing something random and potentially risky.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
docs.google.com/document/d/1x5cdvGuiyM1aLCzUol08dZycDhJXkjVhKEg6P-Bh_n0/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

well what do you do with your int are you a planner or mage maybe you could seek power with no regard to personal cost or cost to others

Pretty much, my character values knowledge above all else and doesn't care for morals or laws.

Chaotic isn't "impulsive", it's the ready willingness to break laws and codes if it suits your goals. Chaotic Good will break the law and lie if it lets his save the townsfolk. Chaotic Neutral will readily ignore the law to sex whores and is basically a rebel. Chaotic Evil is usually murderhobo tier (not always but usually).
Presuming you're not a mage character who can nuke things chaotically you could easily just have your chaotic smart person know when breaking the law is a great idea. What this great idea actually is is something else. CG might make him think that breaking the system in half may be the best way to reform the system. CN would mean or rebelliousness in general despite being to intelligent too rebel.

See, that's already chaotic. Chaotic doesn't mean you're hurrdurr retarded, nor being "impulsive" means that.

In your case this could mean that he's better at cobbling solution to the situation when it's present, as opposed to long-term (over)planning. he's best at taking action when there's tense situation, riding the wave and coming out unscathed. When another character is calculating all the odds, you're already done, digging out the prize you sought from a smoldering pile of rubble.

Remember the fat hacker from GTA 5? Like that.

Willful not impulsive is the not asshole way of doing it in my opinion

Jimenez from SJ want to get out of the Scwarzwelt

Chaos Hero isnt a god example to use

try not to kill your friends in typical smt fashion makes you a little bit of a asshole

Willful is not necessarily Chaotic though. Willful usually tends towards Lawful, actually, since they generally have some sort of personal code.

Chaotic is opposed to Law, not to Order. Yeah, Law and Order are usually seen as going together, but they don't have to. A survival-of-the-fittest "The strongest man rules" type of system can produce order without law.

Basically like V from V for Vendetta, except with less kung fu skillz. He was smart enough to outplay the established government and start a revolution (i.e. Chaos)

i meant that to mean willing to go so far as to break the law or even as far as become a demon

"chaos hero no do not go fuse yourself with a demon"

"YOU'RE NOT MY DAD"

walter wants social upheaval and i see that as the legitimate chaos
Toki ring of Gaea WRLD O STR is not very deep in my opinion

Chaotic in the alignment charts doesn't mean random and risky. It's more 'anarchist' and not law abiding.

It depends heavily on how you are defining Lawful and Chaotic.

If you are going with the Order vs Randomness definition, it often does not make sense.

If you are going with the Community vs Individuality definition, it makes more sense.

>i meant that to mean willing to go so far as to break the law or even as far as become a demon
>"chaos hero no do not go fuse yourself with a demon"
>"YOU'RE NOT MY DAD"

It was actually a pretty understandable and calculated risk if Pascal was fused to create Cerberus, and it was pretty close to being a repeat of the same situation.

Alignment threads are just the worst. There's so much grey area in the humans spectrum that falls between each of the nine boxes (when people can even agree what the boundaries of those boxes are).

OP, just use classic alignment... that is to say, your character is aligned with the forces of Chaos (in a literal way, like leaders of chaos consider this guy to be a footsoldier). No fancy mental gymnastics required.

Is he good or evil?

Neutral
You can't play evil characters in DnD because of Paladins.

>You can't play evil characters in DnD
I've played an archwraith before, wasn't that hard.

Let me rephrase: Why is he adventuring and what does he do on his adventures? What party does he surround himself with?

>I swear this isn't a /pol/ thread
What was the point of this statement?

why would this be a /pol/ thread
chaos is the antithesis of the authoritarianism /pol/ usually stand for

I'll show you some chaos. This is how we demons do it, human.

youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM

>mfw Beast Eye

I suppose this is probably the best thread to ask
Is there a pen and paper SMT rpg? I am pretty sure I saw a homebrew persona system but I haven't seen anything for SMT itself

Being chaotic doesn't mean doing random or risky things.

Chaotic doesn't have to mean impulsive. You could have them as a Machiavellian schemer without a cause, pulling strings and pitting people against each other for the hell of it

there is a untranslated smt rpg in japan as far as i am aware

i am working on a 5e homebrew but I haven't tested it yet

I don't have anything interesting in it really so far i had laid some ground work like hit-dice wrote down some gun damage based on whats in the DMG i can copy paste what i have if you really want
I wouldn't even try to fuse demons other than specific cases like story because that requires a huge table

demons to be flushed out needs a separate monster manual
smt is complicated and is niche and only appeals to a specific group a game like that can be cool but it is something i am really on doing to tailor it to what i want it to be
>tldr; bullshit a regular d&d or other game to have smt elements, smt isnt translating super well

i dont know what im on about fuck it

docs.google.com/document/d/1x5cdvGuiyM1aLCzUol08dZycDhJXkjVhKEg6P-Bh_n0/edit?usp=sharing

I think of TwoDee.

He's smart and has decided he's too smart for the system. There are plenty of destructive, anarchic geniuses.

Chaotic meaning impulsive and random is a Veeky Forums meme

I want to make a chaotic sorcerer who's taken the 3.5 memes to heart and believes he's all the party you need. His high charisma is a reflection of his massive ego and since he's a genius and the best and can do everything he doesn't think the rules apply to him.

For the chaotic evil route you can always make him a sociopath, it's just difficult to play it right. Murderhobo isn't necessarily an unrealistic profession for a medieval game at least, it's just that murderhobo players don't properly roleplay the fact that their character is (whether born that way or simply immersed in the violence and trauma of adventuring) and should be incapable of functioning in polite society.

That's probably not what you're looking for though. While smart, savvy sociopaths are well-known and talked about, most of the time they're not smart

Smart and saavy sociopaths and psychopaths tend to be True Neutral or Neutral Evil. They're self-centered, they can do some truly monstrous things and do so efficiently, but they can pretend to be self-adjusted very convincingly - they're read all the books on neurotypical behavior and may have written some themselves, after all.

Alignment doesn't really dictate method. A chaotic evil character may decided that rescuing children from a fire advances his goals better than throwing gasoline on it, but his reasons for action are what determine alignment.