2nd Great Crusade edition

2nd Great Crusade edition

Previous crusade → #

>DUNCAN IS RECAPTURED
youtube.com/watch?v=ebU1zTFh7AE [Open]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to fuck your list up
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a_ZYh9co8zk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for
why you dont put 40k in the title for the ctrl+f

Discussion Topic:

Obscenely excessively large sister of battle breast flesh causing falls to Slaanesh in guardsmen due to lascivious lusts, rumor or fact?

>The ultramarines seem to have about 20 dreads, two to each company. If that's the case,
All chapters have further dreadnoughts/caskets in storage, either empty and awaiting acceptable pilots, or in stasis as a way of giving their greatest veterans some reprieve from constant fighting/the pain of being horribly mutilated and shoved in a robot suit.

The ultramarines, being a first founding legion, probably have hundreds of dreadnoughts available to them. They just don't break them out for every fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=a_ZYh9co8zk

Aegis quad gun
Or
Enginseer with 1 Servitor

Both are in a 2k gun-line list.

Would you read?

Repost purely because I was the last post of last thread:

The variety of Dreadnoughts kinda baffles me in the face of the 1 million space marines in the Galaxy figure. I mean, some of the other sheer variance of equipment is also baffling, but I guess chapters can be overequipped and change gear between campaigns, so let's focus on the dreads.

The ultramarines seem to have about 20 dreads, two to each company. If that's the case, and they're a super well equipped first founding chapter, then it follows that there are -at most- 20,000 dreads in existence, likely far less.

So I mean, how many of those are Contemptors? How many are the even smaller subset who are Leviathans or Deredeos? Is it remotely reasonable for some 20th founding nobodies to have non-boxy dreads?

I run an all-dreadnoughts, drop pods and occasionally support tanks 2000 point list. How special snowflake is my chapter?

Okay if you're right, then I wanna see fluff where a chapter dread-rushes someone attacking their homeworld. Just unleashes a wave of Dreadnoughts in a surprise assault.

"Magnus, why is your brother up on the table?"

"He likes being tall."

I don't know if I should swap the Dark Talon for a Nephilim Jetfighter to have good AA, though I lose bombs and rift cannon in the process. This is for competitive.

++DA CAD++
>HQ

Libby lvl 2 Telephaty, Force sword, Desvalles Holy Circle, auspex.

Saint Celestine

>Elite

Command squad, apothecary, 4 gravguns, sacred standard, 1 storm shield

>Troops

2 10 man tac squads with grav cannon, plasma gun and combi-plasma

>Fast Attack

3 bikes with attack bike, 2 meltaguns, 1 multimelta, melta bombs

Darkshroud with Hbolter

Dark Talon

++Oathsworn detachment++

Imperial Knight Paladin w/ Icarus autocannon

Who accompanied Princess Celestia? Just three bikes?

Doing "loyalist" stuff, huh

Oh forgot to add that infantry all go with drop pods.
Celestia flies with darkshroud+bikes to reach tacs midfield or accompanies the Knight while he walks through the field

40k numbers make zero sense. Don't try to glean meaning from them.

>Is it remotely reasonable for some 20th founding nobodies to have non-boxy dreads?
Sure. Have it be a member of the original chapter sent to keep the traditions of the primarch alive. Or have them get it from a FW as a gift for services rendered. Or have them liberate it from some Chaos scum.

Can't be worse than Sherlock/Dr Who/One direction gay werewolf crossovers.

Your power levels are showing.

Would I be better off going for Necrons, Ad Mech, Tau, Orks, or Eldar for a vehicle/tank heavy force?

Skitarii seems like a weaker option there due to only having 3 different walkers. Necrons are a bit better with lots of skimmers and chariots. Tau are appealing for having a Tank Ace, and Eldar seem to already have a canon crafters with that theme. The main thing Orks bring to the table is variety.

As a side note, is there any reason Eldar don't use robots or automatons in their armies? I know they have wraithguard, but those are more like Dreadnoughts since they have a dead pilot.

Mocking nickname.

>Or have them liberate it from some Chaos scum.
That sounds like a good idea. The Dreadnought in case was fighting with his chapter litterallyjustmadeitup on the world of whatsitsname. [Your dudes] came by and helped driving the enemy off planet, but the Dreadnoughts chapter was all but destroyed. Being nice, helpful guys, your dudes take the Dreadnought with you (and maybe some spare transports, weaponry, and geneseed) to help him get revenge on whoever was the enemy and honour his chapter.

> Alpha Legion might be either closet loyalists,
from their actaions in the heresy its VERY possible that half the legion fell, whilst the other half stayed lloyal. by the 41st mellenia they are a fractious bunch of individual cells, some of which are closet loylaists, some are totally for chaos, some just dont care anymore, and some are a mix of the above. There main dig is being a secrative bunch of plotters, so its basically impossible to know what the brothers orginally wanted for their legion. Personally, i like the oidea that alpharius was the traitorus one, and omegon stayed loyal, but thats just me.

>is there any reason Eldar don't use robots or automatons in their armies?
Using robots to war and work lead to the decadent lifestyle that brought the fall, so they dropped it.

Your analysis is pretty spot on, personally I play Ork exactly because of variety and possibility of looting.

what is irony

>I wanna see fluff where a chapter dread-rushes someone attacking their homeworld
with any luck we may see the ultramarines unleash their dreadnoughts on the black legion

why bother using machines when you have advanced material you can grow that reacts psychically beyond what mere metal can do? the wraithlord can dance and leap across a battlefield. it's probably more to due with their reliance on psychic stuff but i could see the amish elves using robots

An abused term now used to excuse being wrong?

I guess those are decent reasons. Still, it feels like throwing out a couple of automatic sentry turrets to blast away with scatter lasers to hold a line would be simpler than tricking some humans into doing it or using civilians as guardians.

That aside, the main reason I ask was to come up with more stuff that fit well with that sort of machine theme that would be going on with a vehicle heavy Eldar force.

>inb4 Trazyn shows up again
>but he just unleashes a chapters worth of Dreadnoughts, looted over the course of milennia/timetravel shenanigans
>that's all Necrons get though.
>buy your very own [new dreadnought model] for just a 100 Dollaridoos!
>I probably would

>is there any reason Eldar don't use robots or automatons in their armies?
they do, just not very often and they fill the same roles as wraithlords/guard/what-have-you

it was fun having him show up once, but a second would ruin the magic

>chapters worth of Dreadnoughts
So, a full chapter consistent of dreadnoughts, with it's own dread-chapter-master, dread-captains, dread-librarians (contemptors) etc

I would love the fuck out of that.

How can one regiment be so based?

>including an ancient STC to produce Dreadnoughts for your Deadnoughts!

you'll want this craftworld then

nap time would be serious business

FUCK YES

So Goron the finite? Dead and ceasing?

Sorry, my autocorrect can be a gichr at times.

Aaaaanyhow

Wgat is the best way to lay out a tau battlesuit army if I like them for concept and fluff over power? How can I let my opponents GSC da fair chance?

>-Daemonic Adversaries - Special rules to field grey knights that are not daemons.

Excuse me, what?!

(you)

Grey Knights were secretly daemons all along, didn't you hear?

Hmm...I guess Wraiths are basically robots to them. Still feels weird with the whole Necromancy association though.

That seems to be exactly the sort of thing I'm going for. I'll take a look to see what I can find on them.

What's the most efficient way to add some Guard vehicles to Genestealer cults, particularly anti-air and artillery, without dead points on infantry?

>Formations to field the Fallen, the Grey Knights Bulwark of Purity, the Victrix Guard of the Ultramarines and the Triumvirate of the primarch
I can't fucking wait to use at last my unpainted Dark Angels, I despise their green colour.

Trazyn's appearance was fantastically lame, because it made no sense for the only Necron response to the pylons being disrupted to be a bored museum curator running tech support on a whim.

wraith units ARE robots, just powered by (essentially) a corpse

but those battle droids were just robots. Nothing really stopping the eldar from using more automation beyond the "muh ancient warrior culture" and "necrons exist and we can't take their gimmick" shit

No, they're wraithbone golems. Nothing I've ever seen indicates they function as a robot rather than being animated by spirits.

>a corpse
more a soul

But it's all we got out of this. Which is indeed a bit weird, since there are quite a few active tomb worlds right around the Eye of Terror.

Well, Wraith Knights do have one living pilot and one dead one. They must have some kind of need for the living one.

i always thought it was just a bigger wraithlord and with a living pilot it can be active for longer

>hear a store is having a 40k night
>want to try a new place so I go down there
>walk in, strong smell of grease hits me
>40k tables are empty
>everyone is sitting around a seperate table eating fast food and talking
I just bought a box of discount wracks and left. Not to sound snobby but do people seriously just let people bring food in to game stores?

I'm not talking about a small sandwich or a bottle of water, these guys had burgers, fries and chicken wings with huge coke bottles just sitting down and eating them in this stuffy back ally store.

Hello again /40kg/,

Yesterday I asked you guys about running a mono-god army, and the general response was that I should either go with Daemokin or one of the traitor legions. I did some more research and the Death Guard look cool, so I think that's where I'll start (and eventually I'll pick up some Nurgle Daemons as well).

My question: what's the best way to start with a Death Guard army? Should I get generic CSM and paint them green, or should I go with Plague Marines, or something else? I've never done this before so ease of painting is moderately important to me as well.

DG are so good literally anything works. Their decurion is good: for that you need a warband, which is (min) 2 units of marines, 1 unit of either chosen or termintors (termintors are best small with cimbi-meltas), 1 or ratirs or warbikes (DG bikes are fucking crazy) and 1 helbrute or unit of havoks

last but not least you need a chaos lord, ideally on a bike

All the local stores do it in San Antonio, but they enforce a "don't eat where you play" policy pretty stringently

Well, either way, I'll probably be looking towards alternatives to showing off their love for machines.

That's because Wraithknights are Evangelions.

I'll get back to making the general once exams are over, because apparently someone put an ogryn in charge of it

I mean, you could convert battle drones and play them as wraith guard. Just a nod to their precursors.

Space wolves sorta did on fenris

If you want Nurgle CSM but are too bored of converting/bulging to make them plagued go with The Purge warband, they're pretty cool.

I'd like to see what you user's come up with.

Make a 2000 point list and whatever unit you take, you have to take all the options you can and take the most expensive options.

>These pilots are rare and unusual warriors who were each born a twin. The psychic link between an Eldar and his twin is like no other, and this bond allows them to sense the proximity, mood, and even thoughts of their counterpart. If the twin were to die, the surviving brother or sister will often fade away in sympathy. Sometimes, when such a division takes place, the surviving twin will sacrifice what is left of his life to pilot a Wraithknight. The essence of the dead twin is transferred into a Spirit Stone attached to the machine, whilst the surviving sibling is put into a near-permanent trance within his cockpit. The clarity of thought provided by the living twin ensures that the construct moves with the speed typical of a living Eldar, while the psychic link of the departed sibling allows him to commune with the animating forces of his twin, but also spirits of former pilots of the construct. The great measure of control afforded by this mind gives the pilot mastery over the Wraithknights psychically-powered weapons systems and an acrobatic grace that seemingly defies its size.
The wraithknight is so big the ghost needs the help of the living pilot to function.

Forge world also has some really good kits for DG marines and terminators.

>jetbike spam army
>best option is the most expensive one

>Grey Knights
>oh look it's literally the same list
>life is suffering

The necrons will have their time in the limelight, this was just to hold off necron fans until they finally get a main spot in a new "gathering storm" style book

there are no space wolves on fenris

Nice meme Magnus, pretty sure there were at least a few wolves on fenris during warzone fenris

What skitarii or cult mech units would make good melta servitor proxies?

>don't wanna pay an arm and a leg so cataphrons are out

How many tech priests does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Common misconception. There were fenrisian wolves and space marines on fenris, but no space wolves.

Fuck this european shipment policy I just want to buy cheap minis in leafland REEEEEEEE

Please stop making me sexualize 40k

>necrons being relevant
>ever

I'm a necron fan as well but how can we compete with Chaos or the Eldar or even the Orks for the limelight?

So last time I played 40k was 3rd Edition. That was probably 18 years ago.
The last few years I started to play board games again, my wife got me Shadows of Brimstone for birthday and that was the point where I got sucked into tabletops again. Recently I got Burning of Prospero and it pulled me in again. I'd be interested in starting 40k again and those new Thousand Sons are really hot. I picked up some of those Scarab Terminators and wondered how to move from there. What I gathered from googling: Pure Thousand Sons are pretty hard to play at the moment.

Could you guys recommend me a nice CSM starter army with Thousand Sons in it?

>bjorn isn't a space wolf

last I checked he was very much a space marine, yes

Does the reborn warhost just need to have seven units in the roster or actually have seven units on the table to gain the benefit?

F

Grab Ahriman and the Exalted Sorcerers, and some rubric marines. You'll need Traitor Legions supplement. Run a War Cabal formation (add 1-3 predators in a squadron to make it a decurion style formation)

We rank down there with tau on the credible evil badguy threat level

>chaos is going to let the galaxy burn
>nids are going to eat the entire galaxy
>the beast arrises shows orks could easily conquer a weakened imperium and then the rest of the Galaxy
>tau could potentially conquer the galaxy after thousands of years and after achieving true warp travel
>necrons supposedly would conquer the galaxy if they all woke up because their advance technology and being almost impossible to kill, but that's rarely shown in the fluff bar rare stuff like the world engine

I don't understand, how am I getting trolled? What's your angle on this?

>don't you have better things to do like killing your dad and dominating at LVO Magnus?

>how am I getting trolled?
is posting facts trolling now? I don't care what you identify as, you're a space marine, not a wolf.

This is some serious autism user

He's being autistic about the translation of Vika Fenryka.

Which translates as Wolves of Fenris.

Which means that technically, Space Wolves aren't called Space Wolves, they're called Wolves from the Planet Wolf.

Daemons are a seperate army.
While Tzeentch marines are pure shit, Tzeentch daemons are STRONG.

You could always take an allied detachment/second CAD of daemons with a lord of change. I hear the released a digital codex with the Fenris update added on so you won't even need to buy the suppliment seperatly.

Roster.

The best

What are good chapter tactics for a chapter aligned with Forge World Mezoa, a volanic world known for their flamers/meltas? Thinking IH, Salamanders, or some FW tactics

Ty

Salimanders jack off to flamers and meltas more than any other chapter and they also live on a volcano world

So should we just make a new thread with the right name so people can actually find it?

No, while annoying to find this generally culls shitposting for a bit which is nice

daemons can get pretty expensive

>less shitposters
>less people and activity in general on the thread

The general will have less normies, but at what cost?

I would recommend 1 box of csm for the bitz and MK 3 Space marines from the burning of prospero box. They are very fitting for the DG. Try to convert some havocs out of these, Autocannons if you can get them. Add your choice of terminators, chose, raptors or stupid bikes. If you think about fielding cultists, take Typhus and annoy everyone with your FNP

I'd say it's a fair trade, the only posters here actually want to contribute

Rate my list Veeky Forums.

Alright I ordered the CSM Codex and Traitor Legions because everything in Wrath of Magnus is apparently in Traitor Legions without all the story stuff.
I'm really excited for Ahriman and his 3 exalted stooges but I've heard that Rubric Marines are shit but as far as I understood I need those guys for the formation? So I can't replace them as a core choice, right?

>Celestine
>gravspam
>oathsworn
Ah, you're one of those people

>thinking you can stop my shitposting

Hahaha! your faction is stupid and needs to be nerfed!