Whats the best MtG setting to adventure/explore in?

Whats the best MtG setting to adventure/explore in?

I think it comes down to taste really.

All things considered, I think Zendikar is pretty uncharted as fuck, probably more so now.

Creepy Rudy's underground storage bunker.

Dominaria. The perfect combination of a deep past to draw from if you want to and a completely unknown present, so that no players can argue with you when you explain how things are.

I don't know much about dominara, what's the general summary of it?

Dominaria is the OG and has the most history. The Dark era, as depicted in The Gathering Dark, is probably the best for an RPG setting, either that or Otaria from Odyssey/Onslaught. Lorwyn is also great if you like western mythology, but no humans so if you're a DEUS VULT fag maybe it's not for you.

Ironically the new "exploration-focused" sets (Zendikar) are bland and one-note as fuck. But that's just a symptom of the terrible writing post Lorwyn.

I want to explore Mirrodin, gives off a metal zendikar feel.

Ravnica. Most/all of the others feel incredibly generic and while they sometimes have a deep past, it's nothing that you can't invent in half an hour yourself. Ravnica at least gives you a city with lots of intriguing factions etc., something to play off.

Lorwyn

It's had, like, a dozen different apocalypses. It was THE major setting for a good deal of the older blocks.

>eldrazi? new phyrexia?
>you are like little babies, watch this

>YAWGG

Pyrexia Prime, I hope some day we get to go there

Lorwyn, Ravnica, Innistrad, Zendikar (pre BFZ), Tarkir.

Post-Future Sight Dominaria has got so much stuff in it. Cultures that woukd receive a whole plane on later blocks receive a single continent or less on Dominaria. Can you imagine if Mirage came out today? It woukd suck shitballs and also would make Jamuraa its own plane.

It's still around, right? Urza's team of planeswalkers in giant mechs bombed the shit out of it, but it hasn't been completely annihilated. Someone else could repurpose it the same way Yawgmoth did.

It was Innistrad.

WAS.

:(

Man, they didn't even survive a single expansion, but Urza's dysfunctional planeswalker team was way more fun and flavorful than the Jacetice League.

Yea phyrexia is still around, but dilapidated. It's on the verge of collapsing and that's why the phyrexians invaded mirrodin.

Another cool idea involving the phyrexians would be they show up in a phyrexian style weatherlight after procuring the information from venser's brain. He was left on mirrodin, and understood how to build a plane traveling ship.

Didnt someone planeswalk there when it was all destroyed and have a conversation with something

>Yea phyrexia is still around, but dilapidated. It's on the verge of collapsing and that's why the phyrexians invaded mirrodin.
What? I'm pretty sure New Phyrexia is a homegrown Phyrexia whose only connection to the original is the Phyrexian oil that Karn tracked in that started it all, and the pseudo-genetic memories encoded within.

Dominaria for pure awesome 'mature' themes and adventure.

Zendikar for high fantasy.

Innistrad for gothic horror, if the DM is smart about it.

Kamigawa for GURPS.

This. 100% this. Ravnica is best plane.

I wanna hear this story if it exists.

Dominaria has a lot of flavors you can throw at it with various blank map/history overlaps. Ice Age, Legends, and the present are all different, interesting, and Magic

Innistrad has a good genre on offer, but maybe ignore that Emrakul bullcrap.

Fuck Ravnica and Zendikar with a rusty fork.

Kamigawa post-set has a ton of potential for weeb adventures, and Ulgrotha could be a nice lower-key campaign setting if you don't go with a version of the plane where Sengir has already won everything. If you'd go with that version, maybe just run Innistrad?

That's Scourge, the even worse followup to the already terrible Legions. It's so bad the storyline community took to calling it "The Sequel to the Book That Shall Not Be Named" (Which also tells you how bad Legions was) The character in question is Karona, whose wild ride WotC has been doing everything in their power to debunk (She supposedly met Serra too. And Teferi. Who was White-mana aligned rather than blue. In Time Spiral, Teferi basically said he got no visits in phaseland and whoever said they visited him was tripping balls)

New Phyrexia grew from the oil dividing and growing in the prologue of Moons of Mirrodin. Some few New Phyrexians have divined old Phyrexia (presumably from Karn while he was busy being Father of Machines). It's canon that the old plane is long collapsed. There seem to be other iterations of New Phyrexia though (like the one that took Elspeth's home world) so some of those might have come from planar travel capable oldschoolers like Gix.

Zendikar for general adventuring. Untamed wildlands and great beasts abound, an ever-present danger with the Roil, goblins, elves, vampires, zombies (nulls), giants, druids shamans and wizards, knights and paladins, wild magic, elementals, merfolk, living lands, ancient ruins, forgotten relics, leviathans, angels and demons, and when all that's catalogued and made mundane, just set free the tentacle monsters from beyond time.

Thats right it was karona, testing her new godly powers, i knew someone else would remember.

Despite my best efforts to forget, user