/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Here There Be Monsters Edition. How are aquatic terrors from the deep handled in your games? Nightmare fuel incarnate or just another kill count notch in your party's belt?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/start
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We killed a dragon-turtle! It steamed our summoned dolphins...
I made dolphin sous vide!

I like that part of Way of the Wicked where the water elementals try to knock you off the boat and into the awaiting dolphin murder squad below the water.

You're not supposed to eat those, user! Dolphins are smart!

Folks, how best do I use Eternal Guardian?

Eternal Guardian and Primal Fury, possibly? I'm looking at it for a Brutal Slayer Stalker//Barbarian Gestalt

user, they were already dead! Wasting food is criminal, especially when it's already prepared and just needs a good searing!

They were already dead though. It'd be a waste to let good sea food go to waste.

Currently working on a small-sized race, an oread/merfolk hybrid of sorts. Chances are they'd start building corral for the aquatic terrors to be farmed in.

No! No no no! Stop! You wouldn't eat a human, and you shouldn't eat a dolphin!

So are pigs, but that doesn't change the fact that they're delicious.

>You wouldn't eat a human
YOU DON'T KNOW ME! YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE.

Of course you don't eat humans-that's how you get kuru. Dolphins usually don't have transmittable prion diseases, though.

Depends on the size of 'em.

Second for Betrothed is awful.
>Dragon Pact Betrothed
Alright!
>Reduced Aether Pulse
Makes sense
>Neat companion
Sounds fun
>Wings idealization doesn't grant flight
If you MUST remove flight for early level balance, why not just have it be something that gets stronger with level, like the Alteration Sphere? No flight with it at first, but as you level up it gains flight, and then faster flight.
>Growth gives you all the penalties for size increases, but none of the benefits.
Why though?

I can understand not wanting low levels to have a Large Companion... but why not just level lock how big it can get?

>aquatic terrors
It's all bad down there.
Aquatic Elves and the various merfolk try to command the shallows where they can get assistance from their land-bound cousins, but the Sahuagin with their Malenti mutants push hard against the peace, aided in the dark parts of the world by Deep Ones, Grindylow, and the occasional Aboleth.
Further deep, down where the light of the sun no longer reaches, abandon all hope ye who enter here. It is the domain of the Aboleth and their Scum, enslaved leviathans and greater beings put to work for an empire that spans the seafloor and views the air breathing creatures that scurry on the surface as quaint delicacies and a passing fad of evolution. They are organized, they communicate with each other, they are prepared, and they will see you long before you see them.

Can you crit fail on concentration checks?

Ask
Your
GM
Cause
It's
Really
Entirely
GM
FIAT
if
You
Can
Crit
Fail
Anything
Unlike
Your
Life

GOSH HECKING DARN IT, THIS IS HOW YOU GET THE BAD DISEASES!

Let me answer your question with another question: Is it a saving throw or attack roll?

>kuru
Isn't that only from eating the brains? The rest of the meat's aokay?

Concentration checks are neither A. A save or B. An attack roll. So you cannot crit fail a concentration check. This also means at higher levels you can defensive cast spells in melee without a failure chance.

Are you telling me you would pass up on freshly made dolphin sous vide made by a chef with +20 to Profession (Chef) and who's worked at all of Absalom's most famous eateries and knows exactly how to prepare any dish?

Get a load of this scrublord.

Second for more to see this.

>(2 weeks from now)
The waiting's the hardest part.

What are some of the better 4th level Wizard spells?

Absalom makes disgusting food, their chowdah is rubbish! RUBBISH!

And how's you going to get that mercury out, huh. I don't wanna be shooting no silver bullets you know what I'm sayin?

>An attack roll
Why would it being an attack roll allow you to crit fail any check? You can't crit fail an attack.

>Wait for two weeks
>Post a character one day before decision time
>They get in

Well, the brain has the highest concentration of the particles that cause the disease, but really, it doesn't seem like something to roll the dice on unless you're starving.

You are wrong.

And a single steak isn't going to render you any more sterile.

>Know GM for years.
>Know all his magical realm
>Make character to align with his
>Get in.
>Laugh

>not posting a character three minutes before decision time and getting in
You are like the worst procrastinator.

What is SE's magical realm?

If you roll a 1 on a save or an attack you automatically fail.

>If you MUST remove flight for early level balance, why not just have it be something that gets stronger with level, like the Alteration Sphere? No flight with it at first, but as you level up it gains flight, and then faster flight.

You can pick up flight as a clause starting from level 6. If you really don't want to spend a clause, you both get it automatically at level 10.

>Growth gives you all the penalties for size increases, but none of the benefits.

Size bonuses to CMB will help out grapple builds.
Also if you're large with 5ft reach you still threaten a larger area than a medium creature with 5ft reach.

I do think it should get reach though, main problem is that it quickly gets silly with reach weapons - like Aether Blade with is available in house and would instant 20ft reach with no blindspots

Let's just say I'm not allowed around magnets, between here and Kintargo I've gotten quite a bit of metal invested and ingested.

He's said on a number of occasions, that he likes exaggerated bodies

does that mean lolis won't get in

Thick thighs, wide hips, it seems.

I'm a terrible person so I'm going to ask again!

So my character concept for dragon two games can be summed up thusly:
>one of the few dwarven families living under the Queen's rule
>family is famous as vault builders and bankers
>character is the prodigal son of the family, prodigy locksmith
>by day he makes locks and vaults as Rokar Chapman, respected artisan
>by night he is the notorious bank robber Snap Iron

At the moment I am thinking Hidden Blade Legendary Rogue + Alchemical Scoundrel Vigilante, as it provides all the things I need out of vigilante and the material for Hidden Blade, Legendary Rogue, and Alchemical Scoundrel are already approved.

Now something I have having a hard time with is the original reason my character became a safe cracker/bank robber/hoard thief. He would have a longstanding friend who was a dragon who got him into the business years ago. He and the dragon have known each other since they were both kids, the dragon now in the Juvenile or Young Adult age category and the character in his 50s. The two of them would have made a career out of robbery to increase the younger dragon's hoard and line the dwarf's pockets. By day they are partners in the Dwarf's vault making/locksmith business, by night they are partners in crime.

Would a dragon make a good partner in crime?

Exaggeration can mean a great number of things. The simplest example would be a woman with an absurdly voluptuous figure or a huge muscle man. Alternatives include the lanky bishie badass, the slender gym bunny with an emphasized ass, and yes, even lolis. But that kid better look like a kid, dammit!

Well, Kuru isn't completely bad to have, just depends on the strain.

Okay folks, I'm trying to figure out Spheres, and I've finally settled on making Rory Karsykys a Brutal Slayer//Shifter. However, I need help! I want to make him a master of changing shape and form, and want to make a werewolf! I really just want to figure out how because the Shifter seems like it would be perfect for this!

>not submitting your character after the deadline and begging to be included in the already-in-progress selection process
It's like you people have never procrastinated before.

Specifically missions that require stealth? No.

Do you have the Shapeshifter's Handbook for Spheres?

>Not PMing the character to the DM while a session's already going on

okay but in this case it means big tits and ass

Not sure I get the reference, but alright.

But this is the manly men game, so what would that magical realm mean in this context?

Just thick-hipped shota?

The solution is simple.

Oppai loli.

This game, pic related, is what they should be looking at when they model Betrothed Avowed.

This guy right here, he's what a Dragon Pact Betrothed Avowed should be like - maybe not to the Video Game MC levels that he is, but if you're making a Dragon Pact Avowed you should be able to have a working dragon as your companion.

Likewise, his party in the game are all Betrothed Avowed, quite easily! Pedo Hermit Man is a Fae Pact (with his faerie being a fucking -dick-), Cannibal Elf Chick is an Elemental Pact (though dual elements), and Shota Elf Kid is also Elemental Pact (with an Earth Elemental Golem who he just kept putting Growth into).

I'm less concerned about the reach and more concerned about the fact that it doesn't get the typical Strength bonuses to size which a companion does, to compensate for the increasing penalties to its attack rolls.

I was thinking a White Dragon. At the age category I am looking at he'll have a +14 to stealth. Not quite mine, but comparable. Now the question is if the dragon would have his feats changed around to be stealthier.

No, is it in the trove?

my kinks are vast and varied as the sea and all the life contained within. While it all Stems from an appreciation of Exaggerated physiques.

That said, just because i like things doesn't mean i don't include things. About the only thing i will never include is stuff that will positively make a normal person vomit.

pretty much nailed it.

if you're trying to titillate me, just give them a body feature that "Pops"

>oppai loli

And you need to be taken out back and shot.

>But this is the manly men game

/pfg/ headcanon isn't relevant

>Implying manly men don't need a token girl and maybe all have a go at her, possibly at the same time.

>You can pick up flight as a clause starting from level 6. If you really don't want to spend a clause, you both get it automatically at level 10.

I don't want to be flying through the sky held aloft by some fairy dust magic BS. I want to be flying on the back of my huge dragon companion whose wings can blot out the sun and can blow down a field of grain like the gales of a hurricane when she takes off.

He likes them 'thick' and growing...if you get what I mean.

>Unless otherwise noted, a customization can only be selected once

It's just a -1.
In contrast, +2 strength can mean a lot of things, especially if your companion takes Embodiment of Aether.

Most likely, I don't know because I bought my copy.

Anywho, it has options and sidebars for people who wanna use Alteration to be a Werewolf and stuff. Also it grants a feat for people who just want to be able to shapeshift into a specific form without investing into the sphere

Oppai loli, no.
Superbusty shorties, yes.

Dope. I'll look for it.

Noice.

>Not PMing the character to the DM to retroactively insert them into the session ten minutes before the next session.

>Only taken once.
>Literally cannot have a huge dragon to ride on

Fuck that. I'm out. This archetype is trash unless you want a waifu.

>About the only thing i will never include is stuff that will positively make a normal person vomit.

So you're not allowing poison focused builds, or builds specializing in inflicting sickened/nauseated on enemies?

almost every depiction of western dragons would be physically incapable of flight with a wingspan of the size it has
it's gotta be magic that's keeping them up even if they don't admit it

not talking mechanics when i say not include something. i mean themes.

There is no physical way for something of that size to fly, regardless of how big its wingspan is. The wings would just break at a certain point, the bones/joints can't handle the weight of a dragon.

fuck off, DHB

What are some exaggerations of the body you particularly like, or maybe don't see often enough and thus appreciate them when they occur?

>Hard Mode: Can't be sexual

Hair length.

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a dragon should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The dragon, of course, flies anyway because dragons don't care what humans think is impossible

Anything for men?

Overall height.

Do you mugga even know what an (Ex) ability is? (Ex) abilities aren't magic even if they break physics. A Dragon's flight doesn't get shut down in an Anti-Magic Zone, therefore it's (Ex). And here you are, falling into the same thought trap that keeps Paizo from making nice things, for DRAGONS of all creatures.

Any advice for someone playing Lawful Evil for the first time?
My current GM is starting a new game tomorrow where we're all evil drow living in a drow city underground, should be great.

What did DHB ever do to you?

Ey
Ey user

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/start

Oh oky that works. thank you

Posted literally the same thing in about five threads now instead of taking the hint

>falling for the memes

user, I...

Hair length

It's been a Long time since I've thought about Drakengard 1. So remind me.

Is there anything that he/they do together that would make them fit as a Betrothed?

I can't quite tell whether I like your taste or not

You adore big fat titty mosters with narcolepsy

But then you say this kind of shit

Oh it absolutely is, it was expressly designed as the waifu archetype afaik.

>Muh "the only difference between (Su) and (Ex) is is flavor :^)"

What's so bad about wanting to discuss a character? Posting something multiple times is not something to get bitter about. It's not if he's trolling, he's asking about a character concept.

Also it has changed, like 3 times. He changes it a bit every time he posts it.

What 'hint' is he not getting? That he shouldn't discuss pathfinder in /pfg/?

Look at this faggot! I betchya he can't even kill a thousand men with a jawbone!

Okay, guys, I really don't know what to do with Rory Karskys. The only things I know is that I want to do a STR/WIS build, I want initiating with primarily supernatural disciplines, and I want at least good saves in Fortitude and Will. Does anybody have suggestions? I'm really at a loss here.

There's even a waifu feat, Guardian Spirit, which gives you instant two-way communication with your patron (who is established as being very, very close to you, like family or a lover) along with an extra skill point per level and +1 to saves against spells and Charisma based checks!

Hah!

Is... Is that Sampson and Delilah?

They make a mutual pact with each other, that gives them both the strength to MURDER THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE WHO CROSSES THEM.

So you know, pretty standard betrothed.

curtosy, of The Strange Talent of Luthor Strode comic.

How about YOU fuck off.

>I hate dragons and humans, but mostly dragons, and want to murder them
>I hate humans and dragons, but mostly dragons, and want to murder them
>I hate you, and you hate me, but if we team up, we can collectively murder MORE humans and dragons

what a team

Caim occasionally flies around on Agelus's back and she breaths fire on shit.

Caim can also do fire magic stuff.

I'm just sick of him and whoever's playing the wolf dude opening every thread by begging for feedback on what incremental change /pfg/ recommended last thread.

We're still here, for one, and for two, show some fucking initiative and design your own character.