I didn't see a 40k general

So I'm a 40k newfag, and today was my 4'th game. My Chaos vs his Eldar. If I could ask for a rules clarification: He deployed his Wraithguard next to a Promethium pipe, and because of that his WG were shooting D-Scythes with Torrent, creating a 25" bubble of fuck you that killed my termie warlord in the first turn. Was this legal? They use the flamer template, and the rules say any flamer weapon gets the torrent rule from it, but it seemed really fucking OP. Is this just bad rules from GW again, or was I being rused? Probably not going to play that guy again either way, he seems way too focussed on winning rather than just having fun. Thanks in advance, pic semi-related.

Any FLAMER. Not template weapon. D-sycthes aren't classified as flamers or else Salamanders would get a FnP from it.
So yeah, he cheated your ass because he's a dirty Eldar player.

This. There are a few template weapons where it was at least arguable whether they're flamers or not (baleflamers for example). D-Scythes are not one of them.

This is now a w40k general

A rules clarification general. But I have no rules I need clarified...balls.

Ah, I see now. Flamer template =/= flamer weapon. Thanks guys, I might just kick that player in the dick next time I see him.
Speaking of which, weird that there isn't one up. I'd make one myself, but as I said, newfag. Which faction do you play? What's their backstory?

I got a rule, can you tank shock MCs at all, or because it's fearless it simply moves out of the way?

>or because it's fearless it simply moves out of the way?

If its fearless then it auto-passes the test and moves out of the way but iirc MCs arent fearless by default, its just that almost all MCs are also fearless, the riptide comes to mind as an exception to that trend.

So when you tank shock do they move back, or to the sides?

As long as they moved out of the way of the tank and have room to move, if not they're crushed under the tank.

Just moves to make space for the vehicle to fit, where that is depends on the opponent and how he can fit the model. I just move the model to the side or back.

So are flamers any good? Considering the short range it seems like they're kinda shit, or at least highly situational.

depends on the army you're facing. Choppy nid, demons, or ork army? fuck yeah. grey knights or tau? not so much

If you have means of getting them close they can dump lots of auto-hitting wounds on infantry.

Just kinda in general. I'm building a new army and flamers would be very fluffy for them but I wonder if it isn't a waste.

Transports?

local meta has a lot of different things. Crons, IG, some tau, a few space marines of loyal and choatic tendencies, one guy who plays demons, etc. We do have one nid guy, but I don't play him often. No orks at the moment though we have one guy who might be building some.

Its a good anti-infantry gun but be ready to lose that unit next turn in assault or something because using the flamer means you'll be close to the enemy.

What army are you playing?.

Flamers are usually pretty nice unless you're exclusively against things with high toughness and 3+ or better saves. Simple not needing to hit and ignoring cover means you can dish out a lot of wounds with a few flamers in a squad.

I'm making Sisters of Battle. It's difficult, but satisfying.

Transports, deep strike, GK teleport shunt, etc. or stuff like Promethium pipes for Torrent.

Can't wait for news on nids.

Hopefully they get a primarch equivalent.

Promethium pipes? Torrent?

Go wild then, heavy flamers for infantry and meltas for tanks, never mix them and you could add some pipes or munitorum containers to get a bunch of your flamers some range.

Though you lot hated swarmlord and the idea of nid characters?

Has any of you a recaster you would advise? Z, Alpharius, Heyyou, etc.

don't forget 1d3 auto wounds for each flamer when you overwatch

At risk of being rude is there a particular reason that playing sisters give me the green light to "go wild" as you put it with the flamers?

Because it's their only strengh and that's also how they purge heretics. Melta dominions Flamer Battle Sisters and Heavy Bolter Retributors, an holy trinity
Flamer / Heavy Flamer for each 5 girls troops is the way to play them

I do hate the idea of a character.

What I mean is a massive expenditure of biomass to create a creature capable of going toe to toe with a primarch.

Swarmloser is obviously a failure rofl.

What the Eldar player in the OP was trying to pull but his weapons don't count.

Promethium pipes are a fortification that give flamer weapons the Torrent special rule, so you don't need to stick the end of the template on the model that's firing, you can move it out 12" and rotate it up to 90 degrees (big end has to always be further away than little end, though).

Out of all the units you can take in a Castellans of the Imperium detachment, which would make the best unit to attach Inquisitor Coteaz to?

Ig platoon for extra bodies and psychic buffs.

And as we're talking about Castellans detachment...

I'm really interested in filling such detachment with Tempestus Scions, Coteaz, some Vendettas, maybe some form of Marines. Imagine deep striking obsec scions with fuckton of accurate plasma who get to respawn and do it all over again. I like the consept. Anyone seen it tested out?

I was thinking a Centurion Devastator squad

can this be played non competetively?

oops

>newfag doesn't use catalog

There is a general up RIGHT NOW, but the retarded OP forgot to name the thread. Still no excuse.

What's the torso used for this model?

I dont think thats it