Conspiracy to Normalize 2-Part Mold Limitations

>GW appears to be normalizing the design restrictions of the two-part plastic mold by intentionally leaving out rivets, creating a motif reproducible across every axis of the mold.

They've been doing this with the meltagun since they standardized its design.

What?

Also.... What?

Also also, what kits are both those pieces from?

They're from the Taurox, terrible for more reasons than just this one.
If you look at a lot of the new models, especially the scions, they're creating this motif of a ring of 8 rivets, with rivets number 1 and 5 missing.

Riiiiiiiiight. I understand now. I'm with ya.

Why exactly is this a problem aside from just being lazy? And the fact that the cunts are depriving us of much need rivets. RIVETS FOR THE RIVET GOD!

>Conspiracy
You don't understand the word, retard.

It simply means that they're intentionally making six rivets in an eight rivet ring look normal, so when they have to do it, due to the restrictions of two part molds, it looks normal to you. Like the canister that the arrow is pointing at in the first picture.

It's a secret plan by GW to make you think they're still putting out a good product, when they're actually putting in thought and effort to secure being lazy in their designs and mold engineering.

Why couldn't a rivet fit there (ex. 1) to begin with?

Well, in ex. 1, it isn't a rivet but rather another circular hole. Another circular hole there along the seam of the mold would be an undercut, and the two parts of the mold couldn't be separated.

>2 piece moulds have limitations

Stop the presses! Does the president know about this? Have the UN been briefed?

You case would hold more water if you had more examples of this that one plate on one gun.

Whoever made that pic is a moron. Look at the mold line on the second example. That mold was top-bottom, not left-right.

My point isn't that 2 part molds have limitations, but that they are canonizing designs, designs that are reproduced in official art of the characters, which are based on the limitations of 2 part molds. It is canon that every hotshot lasgun has a circular plate on it somewhere with six rivets in an eight rivet circle. They only made it canon because it's easy to cast in every direction, not because it has some in-universe purpose.

You'll have to explain yourself further. I don't know which directions those are relating to the gun, or why this is pertinent.

>you forgot yfw

>You'll have to explain yourself further. I don't know which directions those are relating to the gun, or why this is pertinent.
I'm not going to sit here and teach you how a mold works when other people in the thread have already tried to explain things to you. Your entire argument is based on you not understanding how molds work. Go do some actual research and then come back -- or don't, as you'll realize how crackpot your theory was.

If the barrel of the gun is along the X axis, and the powerpacks are inserted into the gun along the Z axis, then the mold line of the gun is along the X-Z plane, with the Y axis running perpendicular through it. The missing circle the arrow is pointing to in ex. 1 would be an undercut, hence its omission. The missing rivet indicated in ex. 2 was omitted to normalize things like the omission of the circle in ex. 1.
What is your point?

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and need to go read up on how molds work before making crackpot theories.

Because they're charging you for a "premium product" while simultaneously being as half-assed as possible while making it. It's like buying an expensive sports car only to find that they stuffed the seats with chinese newspapers.

Specifically if they tried to tell you that it was normal for seats to feel that way by intentionally making it a reoccurring theme throughout their product line.

Wait, have you been trying to tell me that if you were to lay down the sprue the gun came in on a table, and look down on it, you would be looking at the top of the gun?

Yes. Which is why the gun *can* have a rivet on its top, whereas in the first example if you did the same thing the top of it would be on the side, which is why it *can't* have a rivet on top. Similarly, this is why the gun *can't* have a rivet on its side -- that's where the molds separate. If there was a rivet in either of those places then the mold would literally rip the piece apart as it tried to open.

Guess I gotta go make my own company and make my own molds to produce my own plastic miniatures because I simply WILL NOT SETTLE FOR 6 RIVETS.

Well, if I understand what you're saying, you're wrong. I cut this gun out of the sprue myself. It's positioned on the sprue just like a bolter, lasgun, flamer, meltagun, or nearly any other gun you care to mention. If you were to add the missing circle on the little canister in ex. 1, it would be an undercut, just as adding a barrel hole in a bolter would be an undercut. To normalize the necessary omission of the circular hole in ex. 1, they intentionally and unnecessarily omitted the two rivets in ex. 2, and those same rivets on the backpacks of the scions.

I have to ask. We care about this why exactly?

You can very clearly see the mold line on the gun. Stop being retarded and making shit up because you got caught.

To be absolutely clear, we are talking about the two pictures on the left, which are both of the same gun, and I have not mentioned the gun pictured on the right once during this entire conversation.

I get the feeling that this argument is based on a misunderstanding. Can you tell me where you think the mold line is? Because I think it's the same mold line as a regular guardsmen's lasgun. You can see the mold line right where the first arrow is pointing.

Why bother? You'll just intentionally misinterpret me again. I've said my case multiple times. Go research how molds work before making crackpot theories.

It'd look like shit with all 8 rivets anyway so literally who cares

Good?

Makes modeling easier.

>tfw GW is stealing 25% of your rivets and stashing them inside their secret underwater warehouse in Lemuria for nefarious purposes
>when the stars are right, they'll flood and crash the rivet market

>Intentional misinterpretation
With that sort of reply, I don't know why you bothered saying anything. I haven't intentionally misinterpreted you once. Compared to you, I've put in plenty of effort attempting to understand what you're saying. It's not my fault you can't state your point clearly.
I hate to state credentials in arguments, but I have put research into molds and made my own push molds. Currently my brother and I are investing in materials to start casting in resin, as I would like to start casting models with undercuts, which plastic molds can't support. My interest in the casting process is the only reason this came to my attention in the first place.

Now it looks like a stylistic choice, instead of a design limitation.

Why are you upset? Do you believe, had they designed it with 6 rivets, they would spend the money on alternative production methods?

The is literally the most inarticulate OP I've ever seen.

>Currently my brother and I are investing in materials to start casting in resin, as I would like to start casting models with undercuts, which plastic molds can't support

Why don't you just go buy metal or resin miniatures then?

My problem is that they are intentionally canonizing a design that is based purely on the limitations of two part molds, so as to normalize two part mold characteristics, instead of working harder to design a product that looks like it has mechanical reasons for looking the way it does.
Not only that, but they charge premium prices for garbage like the taurox gatling gun on the right side of the picture.

I do buy metal and resin miniatures, but I also have my own designs in mind.

So, like, stop buying modles that look like shit.

It looks like shit anyway without getting the Victoria wheel conversion, and even then it's just okay. A couple of missing nuts and bolts is hardly the most among the Taurox's problems though perhaps among some of OP's more high priority concerns.

Normalizing/canonizing 2-part mold limitations is completely reasonable if your volume products are mold-injected plastic. In fact, it's the better option. I salute them for it.

And you're a weirdo.

Heheh, I hate to become the missing rivet man. I bought a taurox just to convert with a third party half-track conversion, and the whole thing was just a pain to look at. My biggest gripe with the taurox is the atrocious cowling on the gatling gun.

I take it you don't care much for the idea of scale modeling, or sci-fi.

To be clear, I don't buy things just to complain about them. The very next thing I did with it was sell it on eBay.