Why do people call their characters toons?

Why do people call their characters toons?
This is an RPG not

>so thirsty for (You)s can't even finish typing

I c....................

Because 3.5/pf and 4 attracted a certain kind of player, despite mutual loathing.

Literally never heard anyone call their character a "toon" outside of people bitching about it on...

Same, and WoW was at its peak when I..

Kirk's libido was more unstoppable than even Sterling Archer's so the comic

I really don't understand why people bai...

I've always thought 'toon' was just a regional thing, like the difference between 'water fountain' and 'bubbler.' No one I know in person has ever said anything besides character or avatar unless they'd just been watching some youtube video where someone calls them a toon, and that's usually someone from the UK.

What the hell are you...

WE HAVE TO ABANDON THE THREAD! WE ARE NOT SAF

This thread is pretty good, I think we're onto

REPENT, THE END I

I masturbate to fa

A DRILL I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL. SOMEONE DID SOMETHING I DONT LIKE.

It's just a carry-over from

You know shit posting like this should b

I'm so fucking suck of threads like this on

I

Who does this? I've never met someone who says "toon" outside of 2008 WoW

What's going on in this

i've never heard of that happening outside of the internet when referencing MMO characters so i guess that

A-ha! My prototype Calamitator has worked! Soon, everyone in the world will know what it's like to never finish...uh...

You should have SUCKED HARDER TH

Check my

I feel like the SCP Foundation or

What the fuck is going on in this thread?
Oh shit I feel the Warp overtaki

That doesn't sound like the rig

Words are missing from sentences in the thread.
This must be the work of an enemy st...

who let candlejack into this thr...

OP d

TAKE COVER, THERE'S A SNI

What's wrong with it? I don't myself bu

Haha, well memed. Diesel was such a unique and interesting com

Yeah, Op is a

I hope one of you

Why is this guys post diff

ni

They're letting his fear build, saving him for last those SADI

>this entire thread
What the fuck is with Veeky Forums an

I can hear them, they are waiting fo

>What's going on in this thread?
>Oh lo

Why's everyone dropping like a sleep spell from a

My GM does it.
He's a really good GM. And only uses it in the rare occasion when he's talking about making his own character for someone else's game haha he never does that, forever gm but he does it. First place I heard it.

But whatever, senpai

itt: repeated casting of the sleep sp

The more time you spend around Mary Sue, the more you want to actually believe in her charisma. Help, it's only a matter of time before I fail my will save versus her annoyingly persistant persuasion.

Hey, OP, I think you accidentally a

underra

HEL

I FEEL THE WARP OVER TA

Everyone knows Candlejack is just

I'm from the UK. I've never heard anyone call their character a toon. Always assumed it was an American hipster thi

good jo

Guys, this cutting off your post thing doesn't make a fucking lick of sense. If something happened to you while you were typing, then how and why would you still get past the capc

Exactly, this entire thread is just fucking du

>It's because I'm polite enough to finish your post.

I've never heard anyone calling their characters a toon here. It's always been Americans, usually in reference to WoW characters.

The term "toon" existed long

I got one player who does it, I think he picked it up from city of heros, its a minor affect so its not truely troubling to me. Him skim pages and assume my cities in rifts follow cannon 100% and his character always god sighting these facts is on the other hand very troubling

TYRANIDS ARE SHI

Shut your who

They are b

I call them toons specifically to annoy people like

In my 3.X groups you would be called a fagit for call the PCs "toons"

Not only have I never heard people call their characters toons, I don't even know what the fuck that's supposed to mean. Their characters are cartoons?

Same. Most commonly I hear people refer to characters or chars for short

This is why I hate it really. EVEN WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF MMOs, IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Fuck, it arguably makes MORE sense for tabletop than for where it originates - at least tabletop characters are usually represented by drawn portraits or artwork, rather than modelling.

>...is just
Yep. Tough but fair.

kekked and che

Unbuttered toa
What a swell gu