Do you name your weapons and equipment Veeky Forums?

Do you name your weapons and equipment Veeky Forums?

If so what was it and why did you name it that?

If not what's wrong with you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hr2m1VzTAI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a hard enough time naming my ships.

I name everything down to my underwear. Get good OP.

I once had a techpriest who commonly talked to the machine-spirit in his shotgun. He called it tom.
I had a cultist run up to the party with a knife. Our scum slashed at him and missed. Our psyker tried to pistol whip him and missed. Our cleric threw a punch at him, which also missed. Techpriest shot the cultist point blank with tom and splattered his guts all over the wall. He later got upgraded to a combat shotgun.
Those were good times.

Only weapon I've ever named was a hand-cannon forged from some special metal that used another very volatile metal in its ammo. Named it the Falling Star.

"The Sword."

youtube.com/watch?v=Hr2m1VzTAI8

If you name your own sword, you are a faggot and deserve to die from a dirty rusty pitchfork to the side. Or from choking on food. Or from drowning in a latrine pit by angry mob.

No great hero ever named his own weapon. It's okay to name a weapon only if you made it yourself.

I don't name them. I let them name themselves. Most aren't sentient though so they don't get around to it. That's okay. I still love them.

Only if I make it myself.

Though one time I came up with a legendary weapon who's gimmick was each owner had named it something else. If you knew each of it's names you could trace it back in history a long fucking way.

depends on weapon and character I'm playing

Weapons are usually named by people who saw something great achieved by that weapon. And not even directly, they just retell what they saw, and then someone else retells that with their own spin, and so on. Eventually some fuck decides that that fucking sword that killed a million barbarians (it was only like forty actually) needs a cool name like "Million Raider Killer", and then someone else mishears it and thinks it's "Millenial Raider Killer", and then someone else thinks it's stupid and renames it to "Millenial Killer", then someone drops the L and the sword becomes "Millenia Killer", then it's "Millenia Slayer", then someone thinks it's stupid _again_ because you can't slay time, and eventually the fucking stabbybit becomes "Blade of the Ages". Then it's translated several times by travelers and comes back with a horribly warped transliteration of some exotic translation. And then it settles.

Anyway, that's how I got the Benis Sword. It means "blessed" in fucking esperanto.

My sword is called Purple Haze, my armor is Highway Star and my shield is Heaven's Door.
Also horse is called Jumpin' Jack.

You. I like you.

Depend.
One of my character have guns that aren't named but has (fictive) models and a factory.
Another is a golem, and I planed to name all its equipment because jewish name fetish.
Yet another is a goblin and he doesn't give a fuck about his stuff beyond having it.

In purely OoC terms, an item needs to have meaning to me as a player to be worth naming. Years of 3.x D&D, where your items are going to be replaced or reforged fairly frequently, kind of made sure I didn't get in the habit near the start of my gaming career, but messing with systems where, upgrades or no, the item you pack at the start of the game is still likely to be yours at the end leads to me, surprise surprise, naming and describing the item in question.

Genre and system matter. I'm still not going to name my first Masterwork Long Sword if I play another 3.x game but if I take a swing at Ryuutama I might and if I'm playing AMGC somehow "Name your weapon" is an instruction at character creation that I'm perfectly happy to follow

I had a maul called Ellabon, named after My character's creator.

wait i thought i was on /k/ and got confused

i should get some sleep

kek

Named my pistol Smoking because smoking kills. If I ever dual wield the other one will be Drunk Driving.

Autism speaks.

One campaign I named my sword the Orphanmaker and had my character go on and on to his enemies (or anyone who would listen) that it was a cursed blade that thirsted for blood and yadda yadda; it was all bullshit used for intimidation/ bluff purposes since I was a martial Bard.

Eventually, he did get a magic sword, but gave it no name and did everything in his power to undersell it since the magic only worked on the unaware.

Vrista. It's the name of his axe. I have a dwarven Paladin who was orphaned and raised by a priest. The priests daughter fell ill to magic cancer and he's on a search to find a cure for her.

The axe is named after her so he won't forget his original mission.

My current character does not. He is a Monk, so assigning undue importance to instruments of violence (his shortsword and quarterstaff) would imply attachment beyond their base uses.

Of course, he can't help but grin when our Orc fondly calls him "PUNCHY BALD MAN", so perhaps he might change his tune in the future.

I named my oversized greatsword as The Toothpick.
Does that count?

"The Assblaster"

In my Traveller game I used to make custom guns a la Borderlands style with custom text, names, and effects. In the end though they stuck with their maxed out ACRs for the entire campaign

>Dark Heresy
I named my Eviscerator Freundenschaftbeseigungen, mostly because I wanted something long enough to fit the entire blade.

I don't name my weapons because I usually play spellcasters

My sword was named "Heartfelt Goodbye" and my armor was named "Warm Embrace".

Mister Pointy Bits.

If I feel a bond to an effective weapon and if my DM doesn't name an item or doesn't tell me it's true name, I will.nickname it.

In a Star Wars game I named my blaster rifle ̶D̶i̶m̶p̶l̶o̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ Diplomacy. Played a clone soldier who wasn't very charismatic, so he often resorted to using Diplomacy. Reason it's striked-through is because he misspelt it while etching it onto its side.

In a different game, I'm playing a paladin with a hilariously low Wisdom (Started out with 7, now at 9). He got a cool magic greatsword that does extra radiant damage to evil beings, so he named it Evilbane. Pretty on the nose, but it's exactly what he'd call it. Apparently it has an actual name, but he never bothered to find out what it was.

>a pen.

Heh, in a previous Shadowrun campaign, we lost our rigger in a shootout, IC it hit the group hard, and we recovered her pimped out ak-97 named "Graveyard Shit," because her player made a typo in the chummer file.

My character will carry that thing in every new campaign he enters, and refuses to fix the typo, much to the new party's confusion.

No thats silly, unless its like a rune sword that has some history , in which case its probably already named.
People who name their guns or swords IRL are a joke as well

>Be Halfling Druid 3.5
>Have club as symbol of office
>Permenancy'd "shillelagh" on it
It was "Sealbane"
Character never understood what a club had to do with characters/glyphs...

>Also horse is called Jumpin' Jack.
Because he flashes people?

Also, good taste user.

Only if I'm making a joke character, or it fits the themes of the setting.

faggot