Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Metal 40k albums edition

Previous album cover >THE RETURN OF DUNCAN
youtube.com/watch?v=ebU1zTFh7AE

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to fuck your list up
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/03/01/heroic-saviour-didnt-even-need-to-use-his-sword/
peta.org.uk/blog/peta-warhammer-fur-free/
peta.org.uk/blog/peta-warhammer-40000-cant-serious/
regimental-standard.com/2017/02/01/probably-some-eldars-birthday-expert-states/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I2

>rainbow
>no purity seals
really fires the neurons

4th for the new leader of the eldar

>I2 poster is faster than orks
You're I3 or something?

I got a couple questions, what did the people of Prospero look like? Were they all red like magnus? Are any alive outside of the thousand sons sorcerers?

No, his posting finger is on the end of a lasgun, which gives him a slight initiative bonus over the fuckers who have to pull their right pointer fingers all the way back over their shoulders before taking a stab at the post button.

So much negativity; say something nice about your most hated faction

>grey knight have great access to force

Anyone here play on TTS?

Using the 3rd edition codex, I got extra initiative on the charge.

The Tau's allies the kroot and vespids are pretty damn cool. Both in models and lore.

never played marines before, how do I make a good space wolves list? They don't get free transports and shit so should I use a lot of the unique wolfwolf units? Are their formations/decurions good?

>Orks are really fun to convert

Dark Eldar have some good bits for AdMech conversions. I'd like to see them get more toys I can steal from them.

macha will just be another seer of the Aeldari if she survives

GSC get some really neat infiltration rules and great melee troops.

I would but your picture highlights my current problem with it: All the miniatures are the same, so I can't tell my miniatures apart. On the TT I have shoulder pads with insignias designating unique squads.

Imperial Guard have lots of cool vehicles

Don't mind me, just waiting on tau getting something super cool and powerful for the gathering of the storm

according to the new dawn of war canon, she'll be the leader of the OG eldar, the ones who don't bend the knee to the false god that is Ynnead.

people buying space marines keeps GW afloat

>Not Lord Postal Macharius edition

Despicable.

Macha a shit. I wouldn't want her to lead my faction.

Yes.
Press F11 to hide the UI for your screenshots.
Use the Zone tool to remove player avatars and names from the table edges.

Eldar avatars look pretty sick

Orks have ... I give up

There tutorials to edit your army's colour scheme and shoulder icons via PS.

I'm starting up a Guard army centered around Void warfare and drop troops. I was wondering if it would be too odd to include a Chapter Master so I can get an Orbital Strike.

I figured I could fluff him as an aging marine honor guard that's protecting the navy ship they work with due to some legacy involving his chapter. He mostly sits back during battles, offering snippets of tactical advice and aiding with targeting.

Cheers. Obviously you've a lot of experience with it.

You can either tint models with right clock and if that doesn't work you can change their reflection options under Custom to make them shimmer in different colors depending on gear.

>would it be too odd to include a space marine chapter master in an imperial guard unit

Taufags are... They...

I got nothing.

So I hear that 30k is in a few ways better than 40k, anyone care to explain why and maybe how to do 30k a bit more affordably? I know BaC and BoP are good deals but what about vehicles and heavy weaponry?

I play almost daily. Games go by so quickly, and I can try out so many different lists.

I'd like to do a battle report or stream a game, but people here don't seem that interested. Probably because I play Tau.

So Guilliman as fuckhuge and basically wears a super advanced Dreadnought suit, right?

What if they make him a Walker just for shits and giggles.

Eldar actually look really cool and have interesting lore.

Their decurion is probably one of the weaker ones with an expensive core and okay-ish auxiliaries. Thunderwolf are great for making deathstars if that is your thing and wulfen are pretty solid assault units even as 5 man squads. You can also do solid horde and mechanized wolf lists utilizing cheap blood claws. Not top of the line or anything but it does highlight the versatility of the codex and its options as a whole.

What kind of list do you want to make?

Oh and how legal is it to use 30k armies in 40k?
Could my Mechanicum and/or Luna Wolves take on armies of Orks and Eldar like they would have in the Great Crusade?

I hope riptides get more powerful so they end up getting outright banned.

everyone is a marine so it's a lot more balanced, no "and they shall know no fear", tons of options, forgeworld, tons of fluff

tg would bitch for a week straight

What is a good, strong standard Genestealer Cult list?
I see all these options in the Codex and I'd like to hear some suggestions.

Eldar in high resolution only, Mon Keigh.

Horus Heresy is entirely legal to use with 40k afaik.

regimental-standard.com/2017/03/01/heroic-saviour-didnt-even-need-to-use-his-sword/
>Robe and Hood
Fuck GW, they took my money and now they took my sides
How can they be so based

So i'm trying to understand challenges. It says characters, so that means that someone like a company champion that has to issue challenges in melee, MUST issue one even to an imperial guard sergeant? And nobody in that squad unless they are a higher rank can accept, yes?

How is that very useful at all, when a champion could just steamroll through the whole squad rather than wasting all his attacks on one model?

Well painted Daemons always look STUNNING.

I do. Too poor fag to buy miniatures and all my friends who play don't live near me anymore.

Brood Cycle + Subterranean uprising.

First curse is fun and fluffy, though a point sink, though your army is overall cheap enough to tank a point sink no real issue.

Add a Magnus for bonus psychic powers, maybe one or two sentinel units or a Russ for a bit of transport popping fire and you're done.

At least they keep the Crudd out of my codex.

Read the BRB in more detail, but the short and sweet is that in a challenge the attackers fight each other, and any wounds they inflict go to each other first, and then spill over to the rest of their respective units.

Necrons cannot stop winning.

Space wolves are supposed to be vikings kind of so that might've been cool

From what I understand, 30k feels more balanced because by and large everyone is the same (read: marines) and their lords of war are sorta kinda balanced against each other and if any are stronger, it is usually for fluff reasons. It also does not seem unreasonable to not allow primarchs in some games as not every legion has their primarch (either in models or rules form) yet. You do get some weird ones like the ad mech and now with the Custodes and the Sisters of Silence but they don't break the mold too bad like Eldar or Orks do so balance feels maintained.

Note, everything I have said is based on a a little more than a cursory glance so take what I say with the required amount of salt. As to the second part of your question, there is no easy way. Yes Calth and Prospero has made it easier, but it is still decidedly more expensive than 40k due to forgeworld shenanigans.

Wounds from challenges spill over if you kill the dude.

Yeah, I do it to test my lists out.

Does he? I thought it was super awesome artificer armor.

I don't want to spam transports since Rhinos are visually boring and pods look like hell to buy and put together a bunch of them. I got interested in starting the army after reading about the FW wolf lord, is he any good?
I kinda want to build a list that uses different units or at least a very different playstyle to vanilla since there are a bunch of vanilla players at my LGS already.

30k isn't just marines, and it does have balance issues. Currently a lot of factions need updates badly, Thousand Sons are OP if you can believe it, and so are AdMech.

Most of the factions are marines, the non marine factions are pretty balanced also.

No formations, LOW 25% point limit. One force org that every one uses.

Generally it's a bit more regulated, but I enjoy it quite a bit.

What you've described was the major issue with challenges in 6th ed. You could potentially lock out a dude from doing anything with a well placed challenge and it screwed over the chaos dudes pretty hard. 7th ed as and said, fixed that bit

Ork players should be more enthusiastic about playing against HH players, honestly.

peta.org.uk/blog/peta-warhammer-fur-free/

It's legal and all the rules fit, but 30k armies are usually at a disadvantage in most games since they mostly shine above 2000+ and around 2500.

>I2

He was all but dead and is being kept alive by his armor.

Per definition, that would count as a Dreadnought suit.

30k armies are generally much larger in scale. You'd be hard pressed to make a playable 1000pt army and 2000-3000 is the norm.

The biggest difference is that your squads are all specialized, like eldar. Tac squads are all bolters with a 10-20 squad size, squads are more expensive upfront, but extra bodies are cheaper, which promotes bigger units, (heavy) support squads have 5-10 of the same special weapon. It's different, but cool.

No ATSKNF is cool because Fear means something.

100% legal and usually more balanced and less powerful than 40k cheese

Assault oriented? Shooting oriented? Or a balanced mix of both insofar as that is possible?

I can madturbate to eldar fanart

Roger, I did read it I just wasn't quite understanding it fully.

Roger. I get that now, I'm just still trying to figure out why challenges would be useful in that case.

Well then how does it effect certain factions like the guard? I mean if I charge the command squad and challenge their officer, sure that's fine and dandy as he won't be able to issue orders, etc. But how does that effect lesser squads if I'm just killing a sergeant, or in the case of other marines where they don't issue things like orders, etc?

How do most people deck out their Aspiring Champions?

Also, they followed up with "We were just pretending to be retarded"
peta.org.uk/blog/peta-warhammer-40000-cant-serious/

This.

The advantage is that you force the character to either deal with your guy or not fight, which could potentially save your squad. For example, if I have a sword and you have a power fist, my guy will likely kill your dude before that Powerfist wrecks my squad.

Regular sergeants don't really matter unless they're carrying gear, but it can be useful to pick off a leadership boosting character.

Until the vulkite culverins come out.

you can also deny a challenge, so your champ/lord gets called a bitch so he doesn't get attacked but you also can't use his leadership.

in a perfect game my k.herald on juggernaut runs over the champ then mulches through the squad

Magnus' plans against the Space Wolves are getting a little out of hand.

For chosen, marines and bikers it usually take power maul/sword, combi-weapon for his unit's role if any, melta bombs.
For raptors I'll do the same thing, but if i have extra points i'll do powerfist/lightning claw or dual LC

Okay I laughed.

Hey guys, do you have any advice for an Dark Eldar killteam? I never played this game before and don't know what I should get

Is assault actually viable with SW? How so?
I want to lean towards it if possible, but what gives them such an edge over Marines that they can go with an assault focus and win?

>nothing to write home about*
*Just a reminder to you Cadians your homeworld is a destroyed husk and so are your loved ones

As the rest of the unit. Go for combis on ranged squads, melts and maybe a power weapon on melee squads

Squad of kabalites in a raider is a pretty common one.

Thunderwolves and wulfen.

Like said, for most factions challenges don't really come into play unless the player decided to deck out their sergeant or they have special rules for their characters. It's there to single out the big special dudes like HQs and their ilk

So is there any depository where I can download Ork Books? Like Engine of Mork and Beast Arises series.

Which is annoying as it killed any reason to put gear on unit leaders.

>beast arises

save yourself the trouble, don't do it

How much should I invest in chainfist saws as Genecults?

Hell, standard bearers and swordwhip combos seem like they'd rack up fast too, but on the other hand that's a shit ton of I7 WS5 attacks at AP3 or rending.

What I'm saying is, it seems obvious you want -some- toys, as the toys are good, but how much boys to toys ratio?

Dedicated Dark Angels player branching out for the first time with some allies- the start collecting Deathwatch just arrived today.
Any anons have input, advice, suggestions on how to model the, paint them and have FUN______

Will use them as allies for battle company/Ravenwing most likely.

Anyone have a pdf version of the Cadia supplement?

Then I only have to buy the starter kit. Thanks my dude!

Expanding on , thunderwolves in the Champions of Fenris detachment make for amazing deathstars or you can use them as highly mobile kill squads. Wulfen are also pretty great in assault and a squad of 5 man with claws is capable of ripping and tearing through almost anything that isn't a wraithknight in one turn. They might actually be able to kill a wraithknight too, but that's a touch of a long shot. It should also be noted that wulfen also buff nearby space wolf units that are not wulfen which is really cool.

For variety's sake, Space wolves also have really good CC dreadnoughts (if that is your thing) and blood claws/sky claws and fenrisian wolves are a great source of cheap attacks. Wolfguard (both terminator and power armor versions) are high meh/low okay tier but they can add a touch of variety to any list.

Space wolves also have great support elements for an assault list. Long fangs are amazing at softening up an enemy before the wolves charge in. Wolf priests give out preferred enemy which is better than hatred imo. Rune priests are also pretty solid. Wolf lords and the cheaper Wolf Guard Battle Leader are all good melee beatsticks and all four of these guys can take a thunderwolf to make them even killier.

If there's anything else you need, just holler. I'll be here for a while yet

regimental-standard.com/2017/02/01/probably-some-eldars-birthday-expert-states/

I still find this one far funnier.

For most factions, I'd agree with you. For marines and armies with good saves, it's not a bad idea to give a sword or a gun to your sergeant.

maybe if you're a tourney fag. challenges are for claiming dominance over lesser men.

So, what book would I need for Custodes rules in 30k/40k? I guess I'm saving up a bit for the armoured assault force, and the Inferno book (and a lot of golden paint).
I know the rules are also downloadable, but I'd like to have them as a book too.

Gun is fine, melee is usually a waste of time as anything that challenges is either going to be much weaker or much stronger.

Eldar have cool colour schemes