Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Lazy phone posters think they can't make thread edition

On the last episode of 40kg >DUNCAN DUNKAROO

youtu.be/YumAwDRAUaw

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to fuck your list up
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never gonna give you up

The hunt for feedback continues.

Pls r8

1500 Blood Host

++Slaughtercult++
-Herald, 55
+Greater Loci of Fury, 20
+The Brazen Rune, 15

-2xBloodletters, 80 (160)
+Bloodreaper, 5
+Instrument of Chaos, 10
+Banner of Blood, 20
Total, 115 (230)

-Posessed, 150

++Charnel Cohort++
-Herald, 55
+Greater Loci of Fury, 20

-2xBloodletters, 80 (160)
+Bloodreaper, 5
+Instrument of Chaos, 10
+Banner of Blood, 20
Total, 115 (230)

-Flesh Hounds, 80

-Bloodcrushers, 135

-4xSkull Cannon, 500

So the Novel dump is getting a little out of date. Anyone have an updated one? I've been trying to get my hands on Carcharodons: Red Tithe since it came out but... you know unwillingness to pay.

Looks shit, fuck off. Thousand Sons are already strong enough.

Are there any novels or lore or whatever that shows chaos cult troops interacting? I'm trying to imagine what that would be like. For example, the Crimson Slaughter and Black Legion have all varieties of cult troops in their ranks, but it seems like every time cult troops are mentioned in any fluff, they are the focus and it doesn't really go into how they are around other csm or cult dudes.

I'm thinking about fielding a list with a unit to represent each god, i.e. nurgle bikers, noise marines, khorne terminators, tzeentch something, idk yet so this got me pondering this subject.

Not him but you're wrong.

Magnus is good, everything else is shit. You can get to a slightly higher tier if you absolutely don't bring Rubrics and build deathstars with Termies and assloads of Sorcerers, but it's still shit and would do better in a Tzeentch-flavored CSM list, and give that Tzeentch CSM are balls that's saying something.

Thousand sons are fine, maybe you should just get good and learn how to play, instead of relying on shitty homebrew rules to get wins.

>thousand sons are fine because magnus is good

>I can't counter his points so I'll just assert that he plays Thousand Sons and uses that homebrew
Kek, nice try buddy.

What should I take on Soul Grinders? I have two in my current list and want to outfit them the same.

Lads. I was just reading Inferno and it does a bit about Space Furfags killing some xenos before going to rekt Magnus. It said they were killing the Psychueniun or however it's spelled. You know, those things the Ethereals befriended. Now the interesting bit is they said that they're Warp related. So the Ethereals are using Warp creatures to help them do shit... is that why they don't want t he Warp researched?

reposting once more before I drop it

What did the people of Prospero look like? Were they all red like magnus? Are any alive outside of the thousand sons sorcerers?

Talon of Horus shows a bunch of legionaries from different legions gelling as the foundation for the black legion.

>Assault D3 Lascannons with Soul Blaze

Rubric marines are fine, stop being babies. They literally have AP3 BOLTERS. That's insane, I wish my army had something that good.

What's your army, user?

>What did the people of Prospero look like?
Normal people, whatever ethnicity ancient Egyptians were n sheit
>Were they all red like magnus?
No, Magnus was red because of his fucked genes
>Are any alive outside of the thousand sons sorcerers?
Spire Guard may be alive but I doubt many of them are still human in 40k.

and mathhammer says those AP3 bolters are dogshit for the points. a 5 man squad of rubrics kills about the same number of MEQ as a 5 man squad of CSM with a combi and plasma gun, except the CSM are 50 points cheaper. neither do much killing, and that is before cover saves are taken into account.

>What did the people of Prospero look like?
Like regular humans, probably

>Were they all red like magnus?
I don't think anyone but Magnus is mentioned as redskinned.

>Are any alive outside of the thousand sons sorcerers?
Probably not. The Space Wolves razed the planet, after the Heresy the Scouring happened, and to top it all off it was in the Ultima Segmentum, so probably close to Ultramar, where the Ultramarines would have a watchful eye on the planet, so that nobody sets foot on it again. Or it was just exterminatus'd in the end
But maybe you could fluff yourself some prosperians as secret cultists and slaves, who were just close when Magnus teleported everything out.

>23ppm
>S4 gun
>S&P
>MEQ
>fine
Kek'd harder than I do at the name Aeldari, excellent bait friend

cool, part of the fluff for my cultists is that they were born from my kabal's attempt to restore the extinct prosperan genome

so can someone explain to me where the rule is that states that bs6+ removes get hot

Under the gets hot special rule.

If you reroll 1s your chance of rolling Gets Hot drops to 1/36, and as we all know, 1/36 is 0.

So I bought the Start Collecting Deathwatch set and a Corvus Blackstar; found them on an awesome sale. I also bought a Librarian to help the small force. This isn't a competitive list or anything, but how does it look? Next step is obviously buying another squad of 10 guys.

Deathwatch Strike Force

HQ: Deathwatch Captain w/ Xenophase Blade, Grav Pistol, Storm Shield, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, and The Tome Of Ectoclades 190pt

HQ: Deathwatch Librarian w/ ML2, Melta Bombs, and Dominus Aegis 120pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 5 w/ a Blackshield w/ a Powerfist and Storm Shield; and 2 Frag Cannons 210pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 5 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Powerfist and Combi Plasma; and 2 Shotguns 145pt

Transport: Corvus Blackstar w/ Infernium Halo Launcher, Extra Armor, and Hurricane Bolters 205pt

Elites: Venerable Dreadnought w/ Extra Armor 145pt

avoid the s10 single shot (unless you're doing the triple soul grinder formation and it's still questionable). flamer is great if you're deep striking but the ordnance is where it's at since daemons lack a lot of ranged shooting

marks are taken to taste, sword is meh

Players of canon chapters with well established lore (mostly Space Wolves, but also any player of a well-established chapter like Ultramarines or BA) how do you fluff Your Dudes? Do you literally just take the company you like the most and build your army themed around that?

Doesn't sound like there's a whole lot of room for diversity and freedom to pursue your own ideas for Your Dudes.

somebody took the time to make this

>your dudes

must your push your campaign in every thread? some like the set chapters/characters/etc

>your campaign
What? You must be confusing me with someone else, user.

>he doesn't like making His Dudes

Couldn't find a WIP thread, but Im really happy with my heldrakes and wanted to share. Camera quality is shit but man its not about the paintjob, its about how I modeled them.

Guys I need help. I need to find something killier than a naut.

Any ideas?

That's some serious wish listing

They look nice! But how are you going to paint all the bits and pieces nobody will ever see because they're hidden underneath the wings?

Maybe put Nobz into it?

Have you tried putting Flash Gitz in your Naut?

every thread someone mentions "your dudes" like they're trying to make something of it. i'll admit i'm more into painting and playing then fluff

Well, it's a game where you can paint an army the way you like it and make stories about their battles. People like it.

>grav pistol
>melta bombs on someone that will almost guaranteed not be using them
>mixing melee + shooting upgrades
>combi-weapons on deathwatch (just take the special and a bolter)
>extra armor

Those are the main issues I see.

Is that legal?

It is, but it shouldn't be. Flash Gitz are disgustingly killy already and putting them in a Naut might make it difficult for you to find games.

I hope not. But who knows, Orks are really fired up, they can do whatever they want! Crazy I say, crazy!

Those look pretty sweet.

For 14 models its a MASSIVE amount of points. I'd seriously consider working on reducing your playable points. For something super casual, a few bad rolls are going to still seriously gimp you; more than DW normally does. Drop extra armor from everything, drop the grav pistol, probably drop the frag cannons and try to work in some bikers, maybe, or work in another squad. Something to increase your numbers a bit more. The blackstar will be pretty good consistent damage, all things considered, and a good delivery system for your mini deathstar, watch out for getting models picked off.

This hasn't been an attempt to make this list competitive, just something to ease the burden of bad rolls. Elite armies hurt from them..

Good luck! :D

That's what you get for combining one of the premier shooting units in 40K together with a perfect unit.

I'll save it for that one cheese lord that uses hellions then. Thanks.

I love that kinda wyverny look

I'd say there's a good deal.

40k as a setting stretches across several millennia, and there's not a whole lot of Chapters that have complete company lists for characters across that breadth of time. It's possible these fights take place in forgotten ages or against unspeakable foes.

Otherwise, maybe they just don't care and like the Chapter and characters. Nothing wrong with that.

In his defence, that's literally pulled straight from the a exalted Flamer

Ugh, by taking forever. The pink one must have at least 10 hours of painting put into it and it still needs a ton of detailing and touching up. They really do draw people from across a store though.

Ty! I hate the look of the base heldrake, thankfully the demon engine kits are easy to convert.

Yeah, me too. Mine actually look like they're sort of creature that could land and walk around, I like to imagine them bunched together on the hangar decks fighting with each other as a warpsmith lowers slaves via crane to feed them.

how does this 1500pts Imperial Fists army look? will mostly be playing against orks and imperial guard but might face some space marines too.

i got most of the stuff already so im hoping the list isnt too retarded.

Sniper scouts aren't very good, Id drop them.

>First Rank Fire Second Rank Fire goes off

youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o

Can't read pdf for some reason

You know what, man? You've inspired me. I'm gonna try the wyvern look if I ever make a heldrake. Good work dude.

Well, now that Ive got the pair I like to joke that Im trying to get them to breed. Id love to see other players adopt their broodlings~

That is pretty much how it goes down. I made up my own chapter with chapter traits (Archangels), and realized the fluff I had for them was almost word for word the Crimson Fists, but with Chaos instead of Orks. Went with 5th company because Captain Cortez is the baddest man in space. With him MIA though I can play around a bit with HQs and make my own characters. Since I ran a black hole captain (RB, SS, AA) I decided he was the company champion beforehand and really enjoys when he gets to do his old job again, namely mercing people in challenges. He is terrified of failure (real or imagined) and takes casualties personally. Like Kantor, he believes Cortez is still alive since death won't take that man without a fight. He's the old metal Emperor's Champion model with a shield slapped on.

Once upon a time they had two wounds.

>except the CSM are 50 points cheaper.
and dont generate warpcharge for daddy mangus, and dont have a 4++
troll harder

>4++

Wasting low ap on marines

Makes everything better. Doesn't fix their rediculous costs. Try again

They should still have 2 wounds, in both fluff and crunch

You're giving your guys way too much stuff.

Captain- ditch tome. replace xenophase/grav pistol with thief of secrets/bolt pistol. 30 pts saved

Librarian- drop dominus aegis. You will always move. 20 pts saved

Troop 1- ok I guess that's alright
Troop 2- ditch powerfist/combi plasma, ditch shotguns- they have no transport and will be killed. 35 pts saved

ditch the extra armors.

With the points you save, you can have a whole other squad of vets.

Also, formations are your friend for deathwatch. They really need them.

What factions of space marines/chaos space Marines are purple?

Emperors Children.

One of the Companies of the Ultramarines (8th?), the Soul Drinkers, Sons of Jaghatai... Not that many I can think of off the top of my head.

Are there more? I could end up making up my own faction but I kind of like sticking to prexisting ones .

>what is Rending, battlecannons, kustom mega kannons etc
good one user

I'm hoping they make a new Guard group the main one with when they update the Models. What do you guys think would be a good substitute?

I'm thinking the one and only.

Cadians have always been a classic, but with Cadia blown to chunks they might lose prominence.

Personally, I'd cast my vote for Valhallans, but they don't exactly have an all-weather kind of look to them. Mordians might be better, but they're probably just going to redesign the whole Cadian line into Nova Cadians.

I would hope they add regiment tactics, as something similar to legion tactics in order to allow for the multiple guard regiments to be represented.
Maybe add in some multiple regiment kits or conversion kits.
I would love some karskin, harakoni warhawks and phantine air corps for some imperial navy integration with the guard

Shit, how could I forget about Warhawks. I'd love Warhawks as a kit.

I almost want to get the new Kharn just to paint him. When the fuck are the other Chaos characters going to get their new models? Abaddon is in desperate need of a less shitty sculpt.

so would I
What I do is get tempestus scions and give them grav chute packs from elysian drop troops, which I already have an army for, though I'd like them to get an update
I still want regiment tactics
and stormtrooper operations to return as stormtrooper tactics, for karskin and warhawks since they're stormtrooper regiments

W2 was generally considered worthless since the primary anti-marine weapons at the time were Battlecannons and Krak Missiles, which ID them. The 4+ invuln was supposed to fix that, but then volume fire eats them like normal marines. They either have terminator problems or 'nid warrior problems.

and Rending, 4th ed rending was off the chain.

The return of Regimental Doctrines or something like it would be awesome. Close order drill wouldn't be such a no-brainer now.

I honestly think Mordians are the worst regiment. Their outfits are just so...Boring. it could just be bad sculpts but they have so many problems.

Just use the forgeworld one, and give him a deamon sword. he looks fucking sweet

What's the new model? The one in your image?

The one with him with a bear arm running is just awful.

A friend of mine wants to start playing Kill Team. I like the idea of a small squad-based 40k game and he seems really keen on it so I want to play as well. I haven't really played any 40k in the last 10 years or so and I don't really know what I'm doing. My current collection is a meager 3 Tyranid Warriors, 20 Genestealers, and about 25-30 Termigaunts.

We're probably going to just be doing 200 pt skirmishes to start off. Can I just play a bunch of Genestealers, and if I do, will they be at least somewhat competitive? The purest joy I know in 40k is watching space smurfs getting torn to pieces.

I know GSC Genestealer Kill Teams can be very powerful. Not sure about pure Tyranid ones, but you can run them as GSC for better rules if need be, they're the same model.

I should also mention that it's a perfect intro to Kill Team because it'd be just like Space Hulk.

A, Soul Blaze doesn't mean much, especially not against the targets a lascannon goes for.

B, the torrent is the more powerful part.

C, it's got less than half the range of a Lascannon.

D, it's WC2. That means your 150 and 250 point psyker units will operating at a significant deficit to cast it. Even your HQ psykers will bebusing their entire psychic contribution in order to cast it.

OK marinefags can you tell me why you actually enjoy your army? It's all the same squatty, awkward guys with terrible proportion compared to what they should look like. I could get it if they looked awesome, like this picture, but they don't. I honestly think Cadians currently look better than Marines. Fuck even sisters look better and they are ALL METAL HOLY FUCK.

Erm this picture.

What is the pic exactly? A lord of skulls conversion?

I repose mine to stand.
And take lots of cultists/demons.

I can't stand the look of most chaos Marines. They all look too flashy. Like instead of a themed approach they pretty much universally just throw ugly spikes on everything and call it a day.

Sorry user, but the guy on the left looks like he is taking a dump.

Thanks for the info user. And yeah, I think my buddy picked up on the potential for space hulk-y goodness when I told him I wanted to play nids; he immediately replied he was going to run terminators if that was the case.

It also looks like guys legs were absurd if and crudely reattached to the sides like a dreadnaught.

HAHA HOLY FUCK I JUST NOTICED. KEKEKEK.

How did you go about doing this? The leg reposing, I mean.

pls r8

Badly by the look of it.

Pardon my poor grammar.

Yup. Squatting looks better.

Looks fun. Heaps of bullshit toughness dudes. If they ever release decent looking Marines I totally would build nurgle Marines.

unless you're making tiny heavy weapon teams to camp, I wouldn't make a big blob of tacticals with no transportation. Ditch one of the HQs.

Lascannons and heavy flamers is pretty schizo. If you want to attack light/medium infantry or assault, go for heavy flamer, fist, assault cannon/plasma cannon (but really take an ironclad. really. take an ironclad). If you want expensive long range anti tank take a missile launcher and lascannon. For the same price though you could be taking a squad of imperial fists lascannon devastators, have 4 shots, and be deadlier against armor with tank hunters.

A vindicator is good. Two vindicators is better. This is a good decision.

Thunderfire cannons will never ever do you wrong ever.

Sniper scouts are meh.

Terminators are bad and will never be good and I'm sorry. Never expect anything from these guys. I'm a bit preferential to the cyclone missile launcher for imperial fists personally because you can still shoot the storm bolter.

You should consider running a sternhammer detachment because twinlinking bolt weapons is good. Unless you are dead set on including one squad of scouts or one terminator squad - for those choices you would have to include a 1st or 10th company auxiliary.

I hope informing you that terminators are bad does not upset you. I have included a picture of an imperial fists cataphractii that, ideally, will distract you and provide enjoyment.

Have you seen the new Marine models?

I'm looking for some commentary here, but I'm looking for a balanced Deathwatch Terminator Squad.

Thinking of 5 Terminators, 2 Assault Cannons with Chainfists, and a pair of Lightning Claws. Plenty of firepower and good CC entry.

Have a team tournament coming up, and Im relatively new. Im not expecting to go apeshit in this tourney, but I was looking for some advice for my list. What HQ should I be using? Im considering getting a Fireblade due to the amount of fire warriors Im using. Any changes I should make for under 50usd?