Warhammer Fantasy General

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

> Jump in my Voltsvagen, we're purging Lustria edition.

> 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

> Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

> Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

> List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

> Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

> Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Lore, Crunch and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

> Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

> 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

> Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

> End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

> Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

> Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

> Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/2qbp22o8ch8qc/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battles
kickstarter.com/projects/822163699/dwarven-gold-fever
youtu.be/pqMOzabkzTc
youtu.be/DelIoRp5CI0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When will Zoats come back?

People want Zoats back? They always looked clunky to me.

I suppose the Dragon Ogres might be considered a spiritual successor.

Damn it, that's the only positive thing I could fine with AoS. I could rune a Dragon ogre army and say they were Zoats. The only problem is nobody playing AoS would have a clue what Zoat was, so I suppose it's a catch 22.

Actually, looking a little closer they were featured in Storm of Magic as some of the many magical things happening, so they actually have more modern rules.

>Send the peasants forward so that they may know the horrors we protect them from!

I can't seem to find Storm of Magic in the pastebin.

Also, I think

mediafire.com/folder/2qbp22o8ch8qc/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battles

is dead.

I don't care if Bretonnian peasant mobs are possibly the shittiest unit in the whole game, I love them. They're fluffy, they're fun, and they can be surprisingly useful in a pinch, especially since they're so cheap.

The Phoenix King demands that you develop your ideal Warhammer Fantasy video game. He has promised the treasury of Ulthuan to finance this venture, as well as all the time in the world as if you spend your entire life on it it'd be like a week to him. What is it?

Hard Mode: It can't be an RTS, RPG or open world survival/crafting game.

Shadow of the Horned Rat 2.

I wonder if josh reynolds will ever write for arkhan the based again

Multiplayer first person combat game. Optionally third person mode for witch elf and wardancer players.

I didn't see anything in there about a turn-based tabletop adaptation, so I'd go with that.

>Hard Mode: It can't be an RTS, RPG or open world survival/crafting game.

Castlevania-style point-crawl across the Old World as a peasant in the Empire cutting your way through battlefields and looting ruins.

Two paths of Progression, Saintly Path and Chaos Path. Saintly Path sees you becoming more and more a holy servant of Sigmar given your righteous murder across the Old World. Chaos Path sees you getting more Mutant Powers and slowly becoming the enemy of the Empire and the rest of the world.

Do it up in Barbarian King style pixel art because that's cheap and easy compared to proper stuff. Five levels per zone, plus a Boss. Allow for full on wandering across the Old World. Each zone has one shop/town hub.

Don't test the Phoenix King's patience, keigh'mon.

> Mon'keigh

Hey... wait a minute.

To be fair there is shoddily made digital 40k tabletop game, i don't see why WHFB can't have one.

>Spend a few turns recuperating in Mousillion after conquering it because I took some losses and the province is close to rebellion because of all the vampire corruption
>Louen gets the 'Procrastinator' trait

Aw come on

I thought I had covered it, but I, nay, the King should have specified.

Using my on Hard Mode, I'd want to see a 2d fighting game like Marvel vs Capcom or Mortal Kombat, though obviously the latter due to its dark setting. Control Malekith, Grimgor, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncour, Greasus Goldtooth, Lord Mazdamundi and more on a variety of stages.

The story takes place moments before the first battle of the End Times takes place. The Old Ones have returned and disabled all the combatants. Rather than see their creations, and the other oddities, destroy each other, they take the leaders and host a tournament that pits them against each other. The winner's race is spared and taken into space with the Old Ones while the rest die with the planet. And like Mortal Kombat there is the 'story' ending and the 'ladder' endings.

A turn-based game in the vein of Disciples II.

Honestly I'd probably just make Disciples II but set in the Warhammer universe and with some fancy features on top.

I learned from an user in the last thread that you can deal with that by having your lord stay at a city with a shrine to the Lady in it. They pray there and it deals with the effect.

I get that this isn't the Total War general, but honestly I'm glad I'm not the only one playing it. It's my first time being a part of something as it happens, and it's weird to have almost nowhere else to look for advice.

Has anyone noticed that all the Warhammer Dwarfs are from Yorkshire.

Is there possibly anything better in life than being a Dwarf?

Being immortal Christmas cake.

just go to Veeky Forums there is always a total war general up and its 90% totalwarhammer

you can literally just read the effects of the shrine and it says all that

or you can just use mods to not get shitty traits

Being a Grail Knight. Similar, if greater, lifespan as dwarfs and with none of the many drawbacks of vampirism. Plus your soul goes to the Lady after death and your remains are protected.

Defeating the enemies of mankind with pike, shot and guts?

>>not Faith, Steel and Gunpowder

> Not Beer, Beards and Battle Axes.

I've been really into the Skaven recently and dug out my army after getting a new warp lightning cannon, the new Thanquol and Boneripper and some stormfiends.

I can't wait until they make it into Warhammer Total War.

They'll be in the expansion, no doubt.
>>High Elves
>>Dark Elves
>>Lizardmen
>>Skaven

Works even if you make it Southlands only.

Those are the 4 factions I figured would be in the next expansion. Putting Naggaroth, Lustria and Ulthuan on the map makes sense and the Skaven are popular enough that they shouldn't wait much longer to put them in.

I could, however, see them expanding Chaos (either adding daemons or fleshing out mortals) since the Dark Elves, High Elves and Lizardmen all have good enough reason to fight them. But the Skaven and Lizardmen are good opposites. We'll see.

Third person shooter massive online battle arenas with the occasional npc herding abilities, the possibility to momentarily escalate from being a basic infantry unit to stronger tiers and player driven content in the form of dinamic campaigns and maps workshop.

also modes with aos stuff

I'm worried about how they'll handle the globe as a whole. The game already has a ton of factions, and adding more makes turns go longer. And most of them won't even really be interacting with each other anyway, unless they add quests and prompts to have factions sailing halfway around the map just to get to each other.

Still, I hope they don't split things up into theatres like they did in Empire Total War, or worse, just chop the globe up into sections. I understand it's already an ambitious project, and I don't want them to cut corners, but if I could sail an army from Marienburg to Lustria, that would make my day.

Been from Yorkshire can confirm, they are all pretty Yorkshire (stubborn, unpleasant, enjoy ale, never impressed by anything.)

I'm worried about how well the whole Warhammer world will be implemented as well. I'd like to take my fleet of Dark Elf corsairs to every corner of the globe and bring all the slaves, gold and assorted relics and ancient artifacts back to Naggaroth.

How CA does the Skaven is also a thought I've had. How will the many tunnels of the Under-Empire be handled? Will the Skaven be popping up everywhere? Hopefully yes, to add some flavor to the map and allow them to visit any faction at any time for more variety.

How will Ulthuan be handled? So far every faction is split up into subfactions that can war with each other, but it wouldn't seem right to have the High Elves at war with each other. So that means they'll have to sail away from their island home.

I can't wait to see Naggaroth and Ulthuan battlefields, and perhaps the tunnels of the Under-Empire too. The Dark Elves and Skaven are the two factions I've collected and played for many years on the table, and I'm just waiting for one of them to be added. None of the current factions interest me much, but if CA delivers on a good experience for those two factions I'll be a happy man.

I just wish they'd fix the Bretonnia map. It doesn't need to be so squished seeing as how the Empire got all its provinces.

I would find it kind of cool if each dukedom got its own province, but they'd also all be fairly small - unless you made Bretonnia as a whole larger, which might start to strain things a bit. It'd also really help my autism if Couronne and L'Anguille were in the right shape and the proper place respectively.

class based open world fightan game mashup, with Witcher 3s interactivity, and For Honors combat style.

But it's not allowed to be a rpg so we have to shoehorn some dumb progression system in.

Problem with the skaven is that

a) they have to design the UnderEmpire map
b) they've got a fuckton of special rules to port

Having the comfy life of a spawn.
Chillin' in your cave, eating the odd trespasser.
Get to tag along the cool kids once in a while for a vaction in lush and pleasant lands with a grand buffé of all you can eat human meat.
Never have to worry about developing bad sight as you got plenty of spare eyes.
Get a tooth ache? No worries I'll just eat with my back up mouth for a while.
Never have to struggle with hard to open tins or cans as your handy crab claw snips them open without a hassle.
Never being cold or hot thanks to comfy and insulating fur and shell.
Never get bored or hung up on annoying things as your kind and benevolent god(s) gifted you with the mind of a beast.

You know what I'd love to see for Skaven?
A Black Hunger mechanic.
There's a few different ways you could go with that. Perhaps they have ridiculous Growth, but if you have a population surplus you get massive settlement unhappiness and your armies get a buff/debuff combination to represent them going mad from hunger. Something to represent their whole Malthusian aspect.

does a diablo-like count as an RPG?

>have ridiculous Growth
>get rebels stacks every other turn

>Playing TWW
>Isabella
>Push out against Empire, non-aggression with other Vampires
>Mannfred breaks it
>mamaspank.png
>Spitroast him with Vlad and Isabella
>He flees somewhere
>Lay siege to Drakenhof
>Mannfred offers so much to end the war he loops back around when he runs out of things
>Take Drakenhof
>Whoop Dwarfs, push out into Kislev
>Mannfred has spent the last 30 turns hiding with a small mob of zombies so far north he may be trying to join Archaon
>mfw

Seconding vamp.

100% free from any form of Chaos other than being possessed by a Daemon.

manlett deserves all bullying possible
even more than archaon

Another stretch goal past in the Dwarf minis. Free coin piles!

kickstarter.com/projects/822163699/dwarven-gold-fever

- Investigate cults in Nuln as a hired blade for the Countess secret service

- Open world survival and crafting in the Chaos Wastes

Hard mode - Angry birds but your a halfling throwing food at Ogres

GW already made Warhammer Angry Birds.

You throw Goblins.

Warhammer Go.

You strengthen your warband and recruit more. You take over structures in your Warhammer-ized area, turning them into faction-specific buildings.

Taking one over is an isometric strategy game with card game magic.

You choose faction (Order, Chaos, Destruction, Undead, Neutral) and your race (Order has Dwarf/Empire/Bret/HE, Chaos has Slaanesh/Khorne/Nurgle/Tzeentch, Destruction has Savage/Forest/Black/Plains, Neutral has Vampire/Tomb/Ogre/Lizardmen).

Dwarf/Nurgle/Black/Ogre are slower troops with shit magic but hardier.
Empire/Slaanesh/Plains/Tomb are jack of all trades with great ranged options, Bret/Khorne/Savage/Vampire are fighty with shit magic, High Elves/Tzeentch/Forest/Lizardmen are fast magic users but flimsy.

Snotling Fling actually.

youtu.be/pqMOzabkzTc

youtu.be/DelIoRp5CI0

Someone posted a short story about beastmen in Middenland here a couple months ago, anyone have it? I thought it fit the tone of WHFB really well.

Fuck hard mode.

Isometric RPG which faithfully adapts WFRP 2nd ed.

>when you love an IP but the owners keep abusing it

I want to be outraged, but GW has always made shit like that. It's a proud tradition.

a classic Lucas Arts style adventure, set in the Warhammer Fantasy Universe

wow, that hardmode was easy

This.

Renting out the IP for ludicrous reasons was part of the draw.

Remember how there was going to be a 40k television gameshow?

What!?! What would the game even be like?

>Vampire Counts
>sometimes getting their shit shoved in, but half the time they're spreading across Stirland and Averland and trying to subsume half the Empire
>almost always a fun fight, can bring some challenging armies against you that require strategy to beat their sheer numbers

>Mousilion
>one tiny territory, surrounded by dukedoms that won't go vampiristic easily
>Bad Puke just forms thousand-men armies and gathers them around Mousilion, afraid of Grail Knight bullying
>refuses to attack outside his borders, but no one can fight him because he can just overwhelm with sheer numbers, not fun at all
>keeps suing for peace even when I've been busy fighting Marienburg and forgotten I've been at war with him

It's rather disappointing. Maybe it's just that one game, but you'd think Mousilion could be more of a threat, or at least fun to stomp.

Robot Wars, before Robot Wars was a thing. The first robot fighting TV show in the mid 80's.

Like Carmen Sandiego or Legends Of The Hidden Temple it'd be a show where there's a setup and story each episode even if formulaic each time. Players were AdMech building robots. Keep in mind this was before "machine spirit" lore where technology is scary, this was when pic related was part of the Imperium army.

It fell through when Kirby bought GW. He didn't see any point in advertising which is why GW ads stopped showing up in magazines too. He was right-ish at the time, but a decade and a half later Warhammer was Warcraft for proto-hipsters due to obscurity and effort needed to get into it.

Is it okay to discuss Mordheim in this general?

Asking 'couse I'm about to start playing Mordheim for the first time and could use some pointers.

It is okay, but I have no pointers to give myself.

Aight, well hopefully some one does. At worst I'll just have contributed to the thread with some pictures.

I'm going to be playing as Carnival of Chaos.
The setup I'm planning is the following:

Carnival Master - Morning star + Pistol.

2x Brute - Double-handed Weapon.

Tainted One - Club + Shield + Light Armour + Bloated Foulness.

Tainted One - Axe + Sword + Nurgle's Rot.

4x Nurglings.

Eventually you settle down and find a Miss Spawn and have little spawnletts.

I'll get you next time He-man!

Yes we like all things Fantasy here.

EXCEPT FUCKING AOS.

My best advice for Mordheim is to max out on characters and get henchmen later.

Sweet!
As you can see in
I've maxed out the amount of Heroes I can have to start with. What do you think about their set up?

Just finished my Total War Brettonia Campaign. The last quest battle was really fun. Royal Hippogriffs are really fun to use.

Or adopt a forsaken or two. After all, not every forsaken finds itself a VIP to act as personal champion for.

Well, I'll be honest. My knowledge of the CoC is limited, I was more of a Sisters of Sigmar man myself. But, it all seems pretty good, DHW on Brute is good, the only thing I'm thinking is giving the Carnival Master some better protection like a shield instead of the pistol.

Yeah he is abit on the squishy side. I was hoping that the first round dmg-output he would be capable of would scare away some of the dangers.

Is it worth taking a Bretonnian Lord on a Pegasus on the tabletop? I'm not too particular on editions, but let's just say in the case of 8th.

should I go tzaangor or Daemon focus for tzeentch?

Europa Universalis but for Warhammer

dice+1d6

Pegs are usually pretty good but since Bretonnia has Peg knights I'm not so sure. I would maybe let them focus on flying and run the Lord on a normal horse. You would maybe take a Fey Enchantress or a Wizard/BSB on a Peg though.

There are no Tzangors in Warhammer Fantasy. They would both be demons.

There actually are Tzaangors, they're just only mentioned in fluff, alongside Slaangors. Pestigors and Khorngors, as far as I know, are the only ones that got models.

However, if you're an autist like me, you'll be pissed that Tzaangors were described as having exotic patterns and colors like tiger stripes or leopard spots, and Tzaangors in AoS are just burds. Well sculpted birds, admittedly, but not especially creative.

>There are no Tzangors in Warhammer Fantasy.
Tzaangors are just Tzeentch-aligned Gors. Pretty sure the name even goes back to Realms of Chaos.

And Khorngors, just for completeness's sake.

I meant there were no rules for them, his question related to building an army list I think.

To add, by 'no rules' I meant not in the context of the Demons of Chaos army book.

So you mean proxies?

Mix it. My Daemons mix all three generations of Daemonette, Raging Heroes Mantis Warriors, the Melusines from Mantic, some Reaper Satyrs, a Beastman, and some Dark Elves.

If you paint it right, it just looks like a fantastic Chaos troupe wandering through the woods and looking for trouble.

I haven't played the last patch but in two of my campaigns Mousillion either consumed all of Bretonia or had taken the coast as far south as Tilea. Meanwhile I've never seen VC go any further than Ostmark.

I'll try to be a little fairer towards Mousilion and see what they're like next time I play, I guess.

This time around they sat adamantly around Mousillion, three lords with about 4000 soldiers between them. They've split up for whatever reason, so I'm trying to attack with Lyonnesse providing support.

There should also be an option to spend a turn after a succesfull battle to eat the fallen.

This brings up memories of one of the last games I saw

>HE vs Orcs&Goblins, 4k
>O&G is known for excessive melee focus
>HE risks it and brings a FH phoenix and a lord upon a griffin
>O&G list includes all the possible warmachines. Bolt throwers, goblin-lobba, rock-lobba
>big horde block of goblins with BSB, poisoned bows
>And of course a big block of savages witht he 4th level shaman
>Turn1 goes to O&G
>Goodgod.jpg
>Gryffin dies, 2 wounds on the phoenix, 2 wounds on the lord, 1 HE bolt thrower is destroyed, 1 O&G bolt thrower misfires and dies, SoA receive 8 casualities and the HE player has to throw his dispel scroll to stop the Foot of Gork
>Turn 1 the HE player is desperately trying to close distance, a Silver Helm units eats 2 fanatics in the face, tries to get around the endless night goblins redirectors.
>Turn 2 continues as the SoA are reduced to rabble, the Phoenix has 1 wound left. Fanatics galore basically wrecks a unit of Phoenix Guard (around 20 hits, totalling roughly 10 casualities)
>Turn 3 silver helm finally get in combat with the savages, but the rest of the army is a mess
>turn 6 the O&G players wins (narrowly, due to a couple of lucky Dwellers and the phoenix refusing to die)

Can someone dump Dwarf artwork? I can't find any worthy wallpaper pieces.

What are some good ally factions for Lizardmen?

On tabletop? High or wood elves, or empire. Both elves have exceptional shooting and infantry that packs a punch but is rather squishy. Wood elves have additional singery due to the added woods, which can quickly become nightmarish for your enemies.

Empire can provide the artillery support and heavy cavalry

Are Ghoul Kangz viable? Back when Fantasy was a alive they seemed like the expensive version of Vampire Lords with fewer options and less survivability.

I ask because my conversion for something entirely different at one stage looked like it would make neat looking Strigoi waifu.

>On tabletop?

Or Lore, either way.

>lizards riding lizards
Always found this silly.

There isn't going to be anymore DLC after the Brettonia one

Well humans ride other mammals.