/nWoD/ & /oWoD/ & /CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Unbidden edition

Previous: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/whoah-nelly-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
Do you think it would be possible to make a splat about Unbidden-like beings?

Doubt it, aren't they eldritch things that solely want to eat the universe?

am i really the only one who wants this? that makes me sad

there's a long actual play called detroit rock city

Fuck I hate Detroit. Burn it and Chicago to the ground.

>Do you think it would be possible to make a splat about Unbidden-like beings?
you mean like the mages and ghost mages and prometheans in unbidden?

FREEZE

Post your character concepts!

Toreador embraced in the mid-80s whose art is 'perfection of the body'. Heavily into martial arts, nowadays into MMA and parkour and other similar sports.

Professional thief Mastigos perversely fascinated by the Abyss.

>parkour vampire with celerity
Are any of the kine safe from such a terror?

>mage supremacy

Moros detective with a hero complex that gets into conflict with other mages because he wants to protect sleepers instead of using them or ignoring them.

So are magefaggots the biggest faggots?

I built him to have all the mobility stuff that he can as a Neonate when I played him. So he had some of the mobility combo powers like Unnatural Grace so he can just 'nope' parkour start up a wall and then keep going, or fall from a high height without inflicting damage.

No, that'd be werefags

yes

Gentleman Thief Mysterium Acanthus, who is by trade a concert violinist from a rural Kentucky family. He infiltrates private, rich peoples' lives to get magical items out of their private collections and punch Seers. He is also a practicioner of the Hoodoo Magical Tradition, and is the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Wrong, it's vampfags.

Sounds like a mary sue bitch

link? is it a podcast / live stream recording?

tell me more

Which Werewolf Tribe is the best at chimpingout?

I guess? All those things do is give him a LITTLE bit of a push on his Fate spells, not enough to do things that, y'know, most other Arcanum can do. He makes money, steals items and gets bitches. Not necessarily in that order.

Am I the only one who can't stand podcast actual plays? I tried to listen to one for the Boston campaign and another for a vampire campaign and they were both just excruciating.

DaveB has the right idea, sticking to paraphrased transcripts.

>DaveB has the right idea.

DaveB always has the right idea.

I agree. I tried looking for some shadowrun AP's aside from pic related and they're all podcasts. Fuck that I want something to read, I dont want to listen to a bunch of spastics.

I need you guy's help. All of my friends keep claiming that any old Arch mage can turn Caine into a lawn chairs. I know that shit is absolutely false. Caine is the most powerful being on the planet and is under God's protection. There is no way any kind of mage can do jack shit to Caine. Agree with me so I can show my friends how dumb they are.

fire touched or blood talons in Forsaken
get of fenris, wendigo in apocalypse

oh jesus fucking christ no, paragraph upon paragraph of text is just tedious and eyeburning on a computer screen or glossy phone/tablet. some people might have annoying tics or slightly annoying voices but at least it doesn't cause you physical pain to experience.

It's time to stop.

>oh jesus fucking christ no, paragraph upon paragraph of text is just tedious and eyeburning on a computer screen or glossy phone/tablet.

Literally never had this problem. Most of my books are on my tablet these days.

>shots been fired

inb4 saliva spewing archmagefag

You are right user despite what mage supremacy fags might say otherwise. Caine has the seven fold curse he is literally untouchable.
Fuck off idiots.

Do you have sensitive retinas or something?

>Vampirism
>Seven-fold curse
>Divine blessings

>Archmage uses Prime 6
>No more curses or blessings
>No more Disciplines for Caine

no idea, but after an hour or so of reading off a screen that's black text on white or light blue on a bright and glossy screen my eyes start to burn and my vision gets blurry

Yes. Let's all start the Caine vs Archmage argument again.

It's not like we haven't all already come to a generalized consensus as to whom would win such an encounter.

>Caine vs Archmage
>Archmage wins
>God is angry
>God vs Archmage
>Outcome uncertain

Unless the authors themselves step down, we have absolutely no way of knowing who would win.
It's the same with having the Triat fight God. Both are supreme in their respective settings, as are the Archmages/Oracles and the extradimensional consciousness (post-ascension) in Ascension.

I have a hate-love relationship with this thread.

M:tAsc

A university student and army veteran studying post Roman Europe. While in the special collections section, he stumbled onto the totem of one of his older incarnations, a Saxon Shaman, and awoke as fragmentary memories were returned to him. Now, he works to reconstruct ancient magical practices from fragmentary sources while supplementing ancient magics with modern firepower.

>Pop pop pop watchin' MiBs drop.
>BRYNJE!

>staring at a screen for an hour
Found your problem, my dude.

Yeah somethings up with your eyes.

Bullshit Arch mage magic has no effect on Caine. It's like trying to blow a mountain down with a hair dryer
No mage supremacist fags came up with that blatantly false consensus.

You're under arrest for disturbing the peace!

Cease the shitposting and put your hands in the a-

OH SHIT HE'S GOT A GUN!

You're trying real hard to discredit game mechanics in favor of bias, vampfagger.
Bullshit or not, Masters of the Art is canon.

Arch-mages > Caine
Sorry

probably, i do wear glasses
but even if there wasn't anything wrong text games would still be tedious as all fuck, you'd miss out on the nuance of players totally fucking up, tone of voice, genuine surprise, innuendo, sarcasm...

>Bullshit or not, M20 is canon

I hate all of you

That's your opinion, user. I have no problem supplying all the nuance myself, like all people who read books or play text-based rpgs do as a matter of course. I prefer it heavily to listening to people start and stop with um's and uh's and breaking character to ask some quick questions with their flat, weird normal people voices.

Text based rpgs do a much better job of immersing you, in my opinion. Audio ones constantly remind you that you're listening to other dorks play a game.

What part of YOU LOSE don't you idiots understand?

That's outdated

A black nationalist orphan [or Hermetic] who uses egyptian magic to fly and give white people skin cancer and all that other stupid shit that Kangs believe.

I remember there being a more detailed Caine character sheet. Was that just fan-made? He had something like 60 hobby merits maxed out, which I thought was funny.

Guy cursed by God, whiles away eternity by collecting stamps and building matchstick houses.

>when vampfags think a joke sheet has any relevance
>when vampfags forget joke sheet isn't even canon and entirely fan-made
>when vampfags believe something terrestrial equates to something universal

Not to mention that the audio quality usually blows.

Asterisks are usually used to indicate an addition or exception.

The asterisk in "fucking" is referring to archmagi

That sheet has never actually meant anything.

Saving this.

Vampfags just don't seem to like the idea of an old bearded man kicking Caine's ass into oblivion.

Not that Caine doesn't have an awesome beard.

Are you white IRL? Because that's good satire.

I dunno, I made this.

>When magefags think that something universal equates to something ineffable.

The question has never been if Caine can take an Archmage. The question is whether an Archmage can take God.

>73 hobby talents at 10
That's the one.

Well looks like another thread gone to shit due to mage supremacy fags hubris seeya next time

No, I really did make it, though. Not sure how I can prove it, though.

I would play it completely straight and seriously, and he would use every single bit of Black Utopian mythos, from Black Hebrews to Black Egyptians to Yakob myths and beyond.

I like listening to dorks play a game, because given the opportunity I'd be right there with them, dorkin' it up, forgettin' how to roll a foot chase or initiative. as for starts and stops they can add gravity to surprises and hard choices, though I do agree that um's and uh's can get a bit eh to listen to when the players get together to bring their characters to life it adds more than using imagination to guess at how something should be read.

sometimes, audio quality doesn't suck too

The magefags are hardly at fault here.

The vampfags just can't handle the truth of things.

I bet Caine played 40k at one point or another.

I bet Caine went to Woodstock

You think he fed off Hendrix? That would have been a hell of a trip

>Hendrix od'd on Caine's vitae

Trujah Jewel Thief. Dont give two shits about the "the fake assholes who took our lineage" her sire insists they sabotage. She just wants money to buy the finer things in life

>Caine killed Jim Morrison
>Caine killed Gary Thain
>Caine killed Elvis
>Caine killed John Bonham
>Caine killed Jonathan Melvoin
>Caine killed Layne Staley
>Caine killed Mike Starr
>Caine killed John Entwhistle

>Caine killed the radio star

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

Caine is cursed by the LITERAL GOD of judeac christian lore. Your magic means dick in this scenario it doesnt matter what you think your spheres can do.

Also casual reminder tremere was jealous of vampire immortality so he and all his buddies gave up there spheres.

Can you have sex in war form without rageing out? I'm worried for my virgin Thyrsus girlfriend if I can be gentle with her.

Source? For scientific purposes.

The Wizards did it

>Thyrsus
She'll survive
>virgin
Doesn't exist

all that said
>I will never get to join my niggas on the Siskur-Dah against an overgrown decay spirit
>never get blasted on by some foo's with silver loaded mac-10's
>never get to plow that rachet ho Tanisha
>or text the picture of her taking the knot to her Pure exbf

That's some nice fanfiction there, faggo.

Sorry nope. Been done to death.
Caine gets buttfucked by an Archmage.

Then the Archmage turns god into his personal waifu bitch. Done deal as God is already a woman and loves the mage penis.

Caine was cursed by a character inspired by the judeo-christian god. I also don't recall this character granting Caine immunity to magic.

As for Tremere, dude was an idiot. He wanted all the pros of vampirism with none of the cons, and he fucked it up horribly. They didn't willingly give up the spheres for a shitty half-existence. They're a prime example of what happens when mages get full of themselves.

>Apocalypse
yes
>Forsaken
also yes, but you need the Father's Form gift or what ever it's called unless you want to be known as hare-trigger among your pack mates

Read the books, kid.

Wolf Children Ame and Yuki

>Read the books

Don't twist your shortcomings over to me now, kiddo.

Young radio-station intern and conspiracy theorist obsessed with aliens, UFOs, and government cover-ups. Believes vampires, werewolves, etc are all government-sourced BS to distract people from "the truth".
The other mages are ...bemused. Especially since he's an Obrimos.

>inspired.
You mean the actual GOD.
Caine.
Son of Adam.
Brother of Abel
The first murderer.

I read the books. Literally nothing "inspired by" when they say god they meam GOD

Vampfags be trolling

No one is dumb enough to label Caine as an Archmage's equal.

But then again, Vampfags are just THAT biased and stupid, with perhaps a dash of autism.

I would prefer sweaty neckbeard magefags over fat goth chick vampfags any day of the week.
Furry werefags are not much better either.

Read the books, kid

Spotted the Christian

The irony is strong with this one

It's a piece of fiction. Every character depicted within is just that, a character. And yes, it is "inspired by", in this case. Or have you forgotten that biblical Caine wasn't actually a vampire and that those characters share a universe with beings and aspects that don't line up with the irl bible?

It's fiction, full of made-up characters. The irl bible is not 100% canon to the WoD. Get over it.

You copied all of that from the Banisher book

Malkavian that thinks he exists within a video game so treats everything as such. Every time he "checks his quest journal" or "pauses the game" he actually becomes catatonic.

Not that it matters since am perma GMing and my group thinks vampires are gay.

What's the best class to play a pacifist character but guardian who is connected to her body attack against her eill

WTF is it with mages and pointy hats and beards?

I think if you Awaken, see through the Lie of the universe and command cosmic, reality-bending power, you sure as hell can shave and wear a hat that doesn't get knocked off every time you walk through a doorway.

>#DumbMageStereotypes