Is there any setting that isn't improved by Kamen Riders?

Is there any setting that isn't improved by Kamen Riders?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xY0U2pSRYeg
kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Female_Riders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The concept?
I admit every setting will become more fun with masked riders and their transformations but historical settings DMs will be pissed off.

Masked riders in sword and sorcery will simply He-Man

>Not making King Arthur a Kamen Rider

Sword and sorcery are perfect for Masked RIders. I mean, magic, suits of armor, brave knights, shit is practically made for Riders

Since I started watching Kamen Rider, I've wanted to run a campaign similar to the crossover movies they do, with each player being the Primary Rider of their own personal Kamen Rider Generation. I was thinking of trying to cobble together something using FATE, as that is a game which emphasizes developing character backstory as part of Character Creation (at least as far as I can tell, I haven't actually had the opportunity to play in a FATE campaign yet).

I don't know much about Kamen Rider, but I would adore a Kamen Rider equivalent in MtG lore.

Theres much to know.

Simple: Kamen Rider.
Can't improve the perfect.

>Not including Kamen Riders in your Kamen Rider
It's almost like you don't tatakae

They improve settings a lot. I'm currently playing a Kamen rider-esque character in a Mutants and Masterminds campaign. My GM loves the character.

We need more orks being super kicked till they explode.

Nope

Wasn't there a 90s cartoon with King Arthur and his knights as dudes who went back in time with super powered armor?

Yes. King Arthur and the Knights of Justice.

youtube.com/watch?v=xY0U2pSRYeg

Hole
Lee
Shit

What Rider's were these?

This seems to be from a movie featuring Kamen Rider Ghost. The guy who came in to clean house is from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid. Yeah, the themes there are pretty dang silly but apparently that scene's played straight.

Kamen Rider Tridoron, who is the upgrade of Kamen Rider Drive. Tridoron's the name of Drive's car, so I guess he's shooting his upgrade/car at his enemy there. Tridoron's usually a little bit cooler/edgier but that particular scene is nicely outrageous.

Kamen Rider Kabuto. He has the power to enter into a state of bullet time. I think that scene represents the last of their special effects budget. The super speed/slo-mo world gimmick is conspicuously toned back in the second half of the series. Personally, I think some of the slo-mo scenes from earlier episodes are even better than the rain scene.

Once you can, there's no reason not to purchase of commission something that allows you to henshin right into your equipment.

No, and as covered a few threads ago Warhammer 40k in particular is vastly improved.

I really hate how ugly the suits got.

But holy shit this is awesome.

Personally my favorite non-power up suit is Wizard. My favorite power-up one is probably Kiva's Emperor mode.

Wizard had amazing suits and choreography, it's a shame the story kinda blew.

Yeah, the choreography was pretty fucking great at times.

> When he summons his other forms as individuals and the green one just fucking jumps out of the rune with a smg and mows down the monster.

>tfw the entire Drago-Time introduction sequence had an unreleased, catchy as fuck BGM

I've looked all over for it and I can't find it. It was only used ONCE.

That's harsh man.

This is all I know about Drive.

CoC

>Warhammer kamens fighting for justice

Man, that whole moment was great

Start here at and continue from there.

Didn't the Emperor mode suit for Kiva weigh so damn much that it injured the suit actor or something?

And yes, Wizard's designs were absolutely amazing. Too bad everything else about that year was garbage. Thankfully Gaim more than made up for it.

Well there aren't any female riders, so the concept isn't inherently great

Yes there is you fucking feminist.

prove it

kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Female_Riders

Shoo.

Persona. Persona doesn't go well with Kamen Rider.

I speak from experience. That game was fucking horrible.

I can argue that the suits are still good looking

The suits are indeed very good looking, in the recent years we got amazing new additions

Ex-Aid has cool designs, but the colors are pretty gaudy generally speaking.

For some reason I always loved female Riders and Sentai heroes.

Kiva's suit had real metal chains, so it weighed quite a bit, and stressed the actors back, but thats nothing compared to Changerion, that had a suit that weighed 100 kilos and could break the actors neck if they turned their head the wrong way

>ONE TWO THREE
>SHADOW BREAKERRRRR

True, but I kind of got used to it, it has a very "kool 90s" scheme going for it.

The fighting game player in me squealed like a girl watching this scene

Theres a little something for everyone in Ex-Aid

Something trying to be less bombastic.

Oh Kuuga and Agito. Will we ever see a KR as good as you again?

That chick went from "cute, would bone" to "don't wanna stick in crazy".

Apparently it was the other way around. The regular suit was too heavy so they had him go into the lighter power up mode on a more regular basis.

>D&D
Will go down in any D&D setting's history as some living personification of the concept of freedom and justice for all. Legends telling of a masked fighter who out-punches monks and whose kicks can slay fiends in a instant.

>Iron Kingdoms
Same as above. Will Rider-Kick every asshole that needs a healthy dose of justice. Will however focus more on the Cryx and kicking/punching their Deathjacks, as well as the Legions of Everblight and Skorne.

The not!Faiz would also have his own Warjack that turns into a wheeled machine to ride on.

>Warhammer 40000
Will be seen by Imperials as some one-man Space Marine company that appears out of nowhere like Doomrider/Sanguinor/Legion of The Damned on a bike that looks like a souped-up Astartes Warbike. Will Rider-Kick Bloodthirsters so hard they'll have gaping holes in their chests and before anyone will ask him anything he disappears faster than he appeared. Needless to say, the Inquisition and AdMech would have some kind of obsession over him.

>Warhammer Fantasy
Rides on a really big warhorse, this warrior in an armor so form-fitting and which completely covers every inch of his body, and punches Chaos Warriors so hard even Chaos Armor is useless. Some say he's a spirit of justice made flesh, others that he's a mortal that became said concept and who is the most dreadful enemy of all that is Chaos and Disorder. Probably chills with the Green Knight when neither of them is dispensing justice.

storytime?

First one- Kamen Rider Ghost, near the endgame. The guy with the bike is Genm, from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.

Second one- Kamen Rider Drive Type Tridoron. He fuses with his car. Yes.

Kamen Rider Kabuto. It's got some neat scenes early on, as the other user said, but it... Goes quite odd towards the end as the actors start having more fun.

Femme, Mage, Marika, Nadeshiko, Larc, Jam and Idunn, and that's not counting Hibiki and Ghost.

I will concede that there's been only one female Rider that's transformed more than once in the show's TV run, and even then she was dead by the finale.

This explains a super nintendo game I saw being played once.

>Tridoron
>Ugly
Get your shit taste out of here

Dangerous Zombie is a sexy motherfucker, I already said it in a previous thread but I'll say it again

>only one
So I guess Electro-Wave Human Tackle doesn't count?

I'd post webms of Garo at you, likely of the suits that aren't shiny gold or silver, but I don't have none handy at the moment.

Other way around, regular Kiva was stupid weighty and also horribly unbalanced, with the right leg from the knee down saddled with a chain-wrapped greave that looked really cool and had a fun power release gimmick for the Rider Kick but was torture to wear. It's why Kiva got final form so early and spammed it so much.

Other fun suit stories are Kamen Rider Meteor, a jeet kune do martial artist who had a completely stiff right pauldron that heavily limited motion and the actor couldn't lift his arm past shoulder level or so, or Kamen Rider Gaim's Kachidoki, which was a suit modeled after samurai armor and so weighty that most of its scenes involve the actor not moving at all and just rotating in place shooting a gun.

Wasn't there one in the Decade Movies?

user, all Kota's armors were based on samurai armors.

Kivala

Yeah, Kivala. The female Kiva.

The BMX bandit finally hit epic levels

No, that's just the concept of BMX Bandit played in a different system, Anima I think

>Oh Kuuga and Agito. Will we ever see a KR as good as you again?
No, seriously watching Kuuga first ruined all other KR series for me it was too good and nothing come close.

Gurongi were dead wrong

Did your Kamen Rider do a lot of social-linking?

Tackle died a Regular Woman, user.

She's not a rider. She's a normal cyborg.

She still transformed more than once which was my point

Tackle was never a Rider, so it doesn't matter.

Because she wasn't called rider? Kuuga never was called rider (always Yongo), should we assume he wasn't one?

BMX Bandit? Is that you?!

Because she is never officially called a Kamen Rider in media, as far as I'm aware of and in setting there's a reason why she's not considered a Kamen Rider.

Stronger wanted Tackle to die as a normal woman, not a Rider, because besides a few exceptions, being a Rider fucking sucks.

I'll be sad to see it go when Chronos takes over.

>Being a Rider fucking sucks.

Go to bed, Shin.

Nay, it is the video game bandit.

>I'm just a human

It is. A good number of Riders met really shitty or bittersweet endings, the few that don't really end continued to fight endlessly against an enemy that can't be snuffed out forever (like fucking Shocker) Theres actually a very few number of Riders that got happy endings and outright wiped out their adversary

555 tried, and I did like a lot of Blade although it was 90's comic-book clunkiness in a lot of places.

I actually liked bits and pieces of Amazons a lot. But I can't see that happening again. The joke has already been made.

I would have liked Faiz more if alot of the drama didn't feel really forced and pointless and if he didn't get knocked out of Rider Form all the time by gentle gusts of wind.

G3 really set a precedence. The first fully human Rider (Riderman had a robo hand), and he did a fantastic job.

I guess I was luck, my first KR show was OOO, then I watched W then Fourze, all of them made me cry. I hold them in a special place in my heart. Then started Kuuga and Agito.

The only Riders that have made me cry are Ryuki and Drive.

I find it funny that Kamen Riders shows is basically modern wuxia by Japan.

>and Drive
Another one, yeah. Also one of the few that ended in a happy ending for the main char, he married Querico

Sad Muhdick bit the dust

I find it funny that despite how fucking huge Kamen Rider, and toku in general, are, no where else besides Korea does anything close to it.

I mean shit, America is going through a costumed hero renaissance, Kamen Rider could find fertile ground in this age if they could somehow keep Saban's garbage hands off

America ruins toku if they don't carbon copy it. See the new PR movie.

Oh I absolutely know that, but I feel that there is a market for bringing over Kamen Rider and just sub it. Maybe on Netflix. And I know there are directors out there who could make a proper toku series or movie. Imagine giving Del Toro the reins to an American Rider-esque series or movie

Oh god how many times did a belt get stolen in that show?

>Actually managing to stay stable on a motorbike whilst doing those moves

Even if they have locked the handlebars that's still fairly hard to do.

All of the times. Literally, all of the times.

It would have been more helpful if it was the Kaixa belt that near as fucking well disintegrated EVERYONE who even touched the thing. I think it ate it's way across almost an entire classroom of schoolkids by the time Kusaka get's his assholish mother-complexing hands on it.

There were plenty of things wrong with the Faiz movie, but I genuinely loved when the Kaixa belt disintegrated after Henshin One-Shot.

That belt finally got it's comeuppance.

It's the reason theres no longer bike stunts. They used to do shit like that all the time, then the lead wrecked and broke his arm and Toei got fucking scared and banned bike stunts forever

Could they not just hire stunt doubles for that shit? It's not like they wont be in full costume.

>555
Still fucking mad Osada died

Though I kinda miss those bitter and sad as fuck rider shows, nowadays is pretty happy go lucky on average