Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1369: Shit Makes The Flowers Grow Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ksHlhWZUo
docs.google.com/document/d/1_9HPFLZjPYgDYAtuBjh46It9Ot8e68qWRw4PySHyE_c/edit
pastebin.com/QZ1TCEyC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are some good skills to take for Genius of The Art from the Greek Myth Jump? I'm already taking Dancing, Song Writing, and Architecture. No Weapons or Armor suggestions, and magic sounds cheap.

What jumps do you want, thread?

UTENA, (I'd make it myself, but it's got overtly conceptual bullshit and I'm sure that jumpers don't want to be stuck in high school for ten years over and over because thats an explicit part of the setting is that everyone is heavily implied to have been stuck at the school for a long time, unless they want to end the jump prematurely. I COULD make it a gauntlet but eh.)

That digimon tamers jump that got mentioned the other day would be nice.

I remember someone mentioning a generic politics jump a while back. And there was that one idea that was an original story where you go to an Earth that's basically your Earth but being invaded by Lovecraftian bullshit.

I'd like a Megaman Legends jump. Gotta get my bro off the moon and all that.

Chemistry, Cooking, Baking, Brewing, Oration, Millinery, Glass Working.

Scion: Hero/Demigod/God, Black Crusade, Digimon Tamers, Exalted: Lunars, Legends of the Wulin, Shokugeki no Souma, Oddworld, Lisa: the Painful, Towergirls I'm aware of the name change, and then a whole bunch of Jumps I just want to see get updated and become more complete, but that's probably not going to happen.

Nobilis, Guild Wars, Netrunner

One of The Lazy King. It's a neat little webnovel.

>Shit Makes The Flowers Grow
You're a poet.
Sculpture, painting, jewelry crafting, brewing, glassblowing, basket weaving, knitting, cobbling, clockmaking, stone carving, wood carving, carpentry, upholstery, taxidermy, calligraphy. The list goes on.
Crysis
Improbable Island
Mortal Instruments
Mortal Engines
Leviathan Series (the Steampunk/Biopunk WW1 setting)
Uglies
Skinjacker Trilogy
His Dark Materials
The Time Quintet
Spore
Interworld

Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter. Hell, I'd like Marvel vs. Capcom for shits and giggles.

Ooh, here's a good one: instrument making.
Make new instruments.
Put twists on old ones.
Go crazy.

Great news.
We have street fighter already my dude.

>Street Fighter
Finished about a week and a half ago, senpai.

...We have street fighter? Like, a few days ago. No more than a week.

Yeah, but eh. We've had worse.

It's coming.

I feel bad, but it was Brutusm right?

A better Avernum
More Divinity jumps, particularly Ego Draconis
I'd like to see the Assassin's Creed jump split into separate ones for the various points in time.
Destroy all Humans
Spore
Fables/The Wolf Among Us
Orcs Must Die
Scion
Konosuba
Lord of the Rings-Silmarilian
A GOOD "Emperor's text to speech device"
Dawn of War
Dominions/Conquest of Elysium

...I legit have no idea what you mean by that.

I'm just some random chuckleshit who saw that no one was working on one, if that's what you mean.

>Pathfinder
>DCUO
>TMNT 2003
>Warhammer 40k: Tyranids
>Godzilla (Movies or comcis.)
>Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
>Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
>Aliens or AVP
>Spore
>Halo Wars
>Justice League Gods & Monsters
>Duck Dodgers
>Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
>Need for Speed
>Hot Wheels
>Speed Racer
>Spiderman-[1994]
>X-Men: Evolution
>Series of Unfortunate Events
>Generic Alien Invasion
>Old Man's War
>Atlantis: The Lost Empire
>Castle Crashers

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Series of Unfortunate Events
>I forgot this existed
HOW!? Those books defined my childhood and were a major part me me learning how to read!
They should be a jump!

How do you order pizza, Jumpers?

I thought someone said forever ago that they would try to make a jump for the setting but I guess it never happened. Which is a shame because Violet would make a great companion.

Did you ever read the secret series by Pseudonymous Bosch?

>Ordering Pizza
>Not making your own
Why?

I'm more interesting in the perks than the companions to be honest. Lots of cool logic and puzzle stuff I imagine.

Also no, no I did not.

What was the first jump with capstone boosters?

Are Shadow Clones just chakra constructs? Can they be "dispelled"? How much of your physical and mental ability is transferred over? I'd assume only Naruto stuff, or at least anything not solely based in genetics and biology wouldn't be. I mean, I can hardly see a random spell-like technique from a backwoods setting replicating the conceptual strength of Heracles.

Do post-Spark rewards count? Because it's pretty much the same concept, just changing its availability.

Pretty sure it's one of Red's, she pretty much pioneered every variation of jump designs early on before other people caught on.

That reminds me. Why do we even tolerate Red? She's done nothing but try to destroy this community, and as of late has been made obsolete by Valeria.

I don't think they ever really get into that kind of thing in series.
Using techniques and stuff still works although I'm not sure if shadow clones can still use shadow clones. Shadow clones do have the same kind of strength as their originator although how that would interact with out of context stuff is uncertain.

Pretty sure it's left up to fanwank really.

>Dungeons of Dredmor
>EVE Online
>HAWKEN
>Payday 2
>Battlefield Bad Company
>Spo-
HYPE.

MY BODY IS READY.

>That reminds me. Why do we even tolerate me? I've done nothing but try to destroy this community, and as of late has been made obsolete by the Janitroll. If I could just find a sharp blade to open my wrists…
FTFY

45. Archer
Identity: Drop-In, Age: 26
Perks: Phrasing, Cultural Reference, Linguist, Sploosh, Perfect Situation Awareness

The main problem with living in a comedy, I feel, is that suffering is the source of all comedy. The entire point of this universe is to constantly generate low-level suffering, with just enough relief to keep everyone going. It's not grimdark, it's just bleak and unpleasant. And I do what I can, because I can't really do anything else. I will constantly be surrounded by assholes, but I can still take care of them and help them be better. Even if, or especially because, the universe fights me on it.

I babysit for Archer because I have multiple taking care of kids perks. I patch up wounds for the field agents because I have medical perks and more than enough knowledge to cyborgize anyone who needs it. I'm a go-for because it gets me the fuck away from these people. Some worlds you can't save. You still do what you can.

>Samurai Pizza Cats
>Golarion
>Monster Pulse
>Poppy Opossum
>Kill Bill
>Darkwing Duck
>Mortal Kombat
>Generic Shakespeare
>Dollhouse
>Liberal Crime Squad

I make a smug, possibly irritating joke first into the phone, laugh at my own stupid joke so hard that the person hangs up. Then one of my companions (Usually Dhaos, although I've had Lewyn do it) takes the phone from me and orders for me.

Usually I order lots of meat toppings, pepperoncinis, and
pineapple.

Bayonetta, God of War, Exalted 3e, Lucifer sequel series, Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, Stepping on Worm, Chunin Exam Day, Chick Tracts, A Desert Called Peace, The Boys, My Immortal, Eiken, Towergirls, To Love Ru, among others.

Actually KOTOR and I kinda claimed it ages back, but other than the initial brainstorming session haven't really done much. Yours looks to be off to a very promising start, and is rather pretty, so I'd give my blessing for you to take it. KOTOR? You fine for user to take over?

This is only a somewhat serious question. What would you guys think of a generic alien invasion jump with the focus mainly on you being the invader?

It would take inspiration from things like War of the Worlds, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Independence Day, Mars Attacks, Battle L.A, The Day the Earth Stood Still, etc. and you could buy things like your own mothership, a planet wide EMP, tripods, drone soldiers, psionic powers, some form of disguise or shapeshifting, and other stuff.

What do you think?

>Generic Shakespeare
Mmm... Too many time periods. I think each one could warrant a jump, desu. Unless you wanted to break everything down even more generically into Shakespearian themes. Maybe Generic Playwright/Generic Theatre? Generic Elizabethan Era? Generic (Shakespearean) Tragedy?

>Liberal Crime Squad
That doesn't sound like a real thing.

That sounds kind of neat actually. If you're interested I see no reason to not do it.

I wasn't gonna say anything since, As TopHat mentioned, we only got to the brainstorming stage, but yeah I'm ok with someone else taking over the Spore jump.

TopHat would you be ok with me giving him our notes if he wants them?

Oh! I did see that in the archives went I went looking, but it was something like... five months ago, I wanna say? Figured that it was dead since there was no mention of it. Oops.

>A jump where I get to be the Big Bad
>In the form of leading an alien invasion
Yes please!

Sounds awesome

Sounds awesome. I'd love a chance to acquire a Thunderchild expy for destroying some martians.

Nah, it kinda was. If KOTOR is ok with it then by all means do it. Real life has been hectic for me for a while now, so my jumpmaking efforts, what little there's been lately, have been focused on Khans of Tarkir.

Speaking of, minor update on that front; I've decided to do all three parts of Tarkir in one jump, though it'll be primarily Khans.

>Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans
Anons I was talking with about this, if you're out there we should talk some more. I was having a lot of fun just tossing ideas around with the thread.

>You're a poet.

Actually it's taken from the title this song by one of my favorite bands, who's thing is that they sing about a lot of crude, unromantic subjects with calm ukulele music

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ksHlhWZUo

Alright, this is good to hear. Like I said though, it's just an idea, and I'm already supposed to be working on a few jumps so if I ever do get around to it, it probably won't be for a while.

TopHat, glad to see you're still around.

>Mmm... Too many time periods.
Fair enough. A lot of little jumps is probably better.

>That doesn't sound like a real thing.
>Welcome to Liberal Crime Squad! The Conservatives have taken the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of government. Over time, the Liberal laws of this nation will erode and turn the country into a BACKWOODS YET CORPORATE NIGHTMARE. To prevent this from happening, the Liberal Crime Squad was established. The mood of the country is shifting, and we need to turn things around. Go out on the streets and indoctrinate Conservative automatons. That is, let them see their True Liberal Nature. Then arm them and send them forth to Stop Evil. Eventually the public will fall behind us, and we will put more Elite Liberals in government for greater justice.

It's by the guy who made Dwarf Fortress, and is pretty heavily and obviously satirical.

the Graze might not be the top dogs in IBO but they sure as hell have pimping heads.

Good to see you too. Also you can copy the notes over to user if you want. user, you don't need to use these, they're just a mix of what we brainstormed and notes from taking questions from thread.

>three parts of Tarkir
Oh? What would those have been?

They can be the top dogs if they believe.

docs.google.com/document/d/1_9HPFLZjPYgDYAtuBjh46It9Ot8e68qWRw4PySHyE_c/edit

>Kino no tabi
>Violinist of Hameln
>Generic comic/webcomic writer
>Nagasarete airantou
>Generic Isekai
>All the bible jumps
>Hindu mithology
I already working on one of them (genesis) and claimed Kino, thought l havent really made progress for a while so I dont want to claim the others until I have a wip of genesis

I was going to do Khans, Fate Reforged, and Dragons of Tarkir as, well, probably only two bits, sort of working Fate Reforged into Khans and Dragons, but now I'm just going to do the whole setting, and let you pick for free which timeline you're in, probably with a +0 to say if Reforged happens in Khans, so you can just have ten years in Khans if you want and pretend Dragons never existed. Also means you can go dragon as a race, though it might be limited to Dragons of Tarkir? Not sure on that one yet, might just let you be /the only dragon/ or something.

Progress on Soul Eater update going smoothly and then I'll move on to it.

Hey NuBee, I've been meaning to ask, what's going to be in the Soul Eater update anyway? New perks or items? Scenarios?

Crysis
Pandora Hearts
Nier Automata
Mass Effect: Human Revolution (When the fanfic is completed)

These are the only three I can currently think of but I know there's more.

Eh? Must've missed that, we do have a West Wing jump though.

I wish for it, and it appears. The really neat trick is-it's not like I create a pizza out of nothing, I just accelerate the natural laws that govern wheat being ground up, meat being tenderised, stone forming into a kiln and fire heating to create an honest, authentic pizza out of honest, organic, homegrown ingredients.

The soda is just magic, though. More nutritional content, and nobody notices the plasmic aftertaste.

Hellboy
Unknown Armies
JAGS Wonderland
Somre more nWoD, especially the fansplats (geniusanon you there?)
The Monstrumologist series
The Wardstone Chronicles
The Chaos Walking series
Everworld
Remnants
Any of the Dominions games
Black & White
The Laundry series
The Nightside series (I'm not sure if I want this or not...)
Anything by China Mieville
A theoretical Generic Neil Gaiman Jump, where the primary "plot" is that of American Gods but all the other independent short stories and non-Endless novels like Anansi Boys are out there somewhere. Maybe stuff like Coraline and Mirrormask could be scenarios?
Godbound (maybe? I'm not up to date on whether it's got enough lore for one)
The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
The LEGO Batman Movie

pastebin.com/QZ1TCEyC

Current Sniper Joe Build

Admin is there for intelligence support and to run the Omnium which will produce lower ranking Sniper Joes while the main seven take more important missions. Currently having trouble finding our own cause, often being used by more focused entities such as Sombra and Magneto.

Lots of things, removing the price of Demon Weapon and Meister origins, adding a small perk tree for weapons, adding additional perks to the other origins, reformatting the Jump to make it easier to navigate since I think it's ugly looking, a few new items, changing the prices of some things here and there to get rid of options that lead to increments of 50CP, lots of changes to Weapon Customization section involving removing the arbitrary limitations on some options, combining other options for ease of use and adding a bunch of new ones- *takes a deep breath* -that leaves you with 20 distinct options total to customize your or your companion's weapon forms to your liking.

Sweeping changes will be made to the Companion section including a price decrease to several imports such as Werewolf, Bloodsucker and Canon Companion making them easier to take, brand new importation/companion creation options that I enjoy, a new race section where the race perks are getting moved too as well as the addition of a new race "Earth Shamans" and some other things here or there. This is mostly a summary, I have the changelog which took a while to write saved and I'll release that in thread when I drop the update.

...wow, those are a lot of changes. Looking forward to it!

>I wish for it, and it appears. The really neat trick is-it's not like I create a pizza out of nothing, I just accelerate the natural laws that govern wheat being ground up, meat being tenderised, stone forming into a kiln and fire heating to create an honest, authentic pizza out of honest, organic, homegrown ingredients.

B-But who's doing the thing? You just stare at a piece of wheat and it just magically gets ground up? Like, you just stare at the things until people come along and do those things, and it gets really fast? Buh? My head hurts.

>tfw you forgot one jump but it turns out someone's working on it already

Aw yiss.

Though technically that reminds me-Casshern's Sins! And that recent MuvLuv spinoff/prequel I can't quite remember the name of! And Mortal Engines! Now wouldn't that be a barrel of !FUN!

>Hindu Mythology

Hoo boy. That'd provide one crazy endjump scenario.

Neat!

>Earth Shamans

...is the implication there that there's a different faction of non-Earth Shamans out there?

Me too!

No clue honestly, there's lots of questionable things in Soul Eater that are just kinda thrown out and accepted by people.

I do the thing! Or, everyone else does the thing! Or the universe does the thing! It's all the same in the end.

Ages ago Worm user explained to me that To Treat With Spirits is based on the IRL occult school of personification-humanising natural forces to interact and command them.

Combined with things like Guru and Synchronicity Wave Riding to manipulate quantum mechanics through DC magic, as well as using Creative Composer to reverse engineer the C'tan world moulding technique and Technomage to use them in tandem-and it would be more accurate to say I expand my consciousness into EVERYTHING at once, and the myriad spirits of reality hand me a pizza.

The real tricky part is making sure sure it land on a dish and next to a pizza cutter once reality finishes shuffling itself.

>all that stuff

So, still working on Kaladesh (Dont worry, I haven't died yet, though collegue is trying Its hardest to stop me)- How do you guys feel on drawback limits? I was originally going for 600, but realized i kind of wanted to add a Phyrexian Invasión drawback for +800 .
Also, how would you like seeing Masterpieces/ artifacts done? Its own part of the ítem section, with a few of the artifacts in detail? A more general one (more artifacts but less detail)?

What about A phyrexian yandere as drop in companion, who specializes in propaganda

I think you're focusing an awful lot on phyrexia when they don't really have relevance to kaladesh.
It's not really a problem since they're still artifacty, but it is wierd.

As for Masterpieces I'd love a dedicated section for that. I've always been a sucker for MTG artifacts so being able to get my hands on the greats without stealing them would be nice.

I started writing the jump before Aether Revolt, and was severely dissapointed by it.
Also i have bias because i usually go drop-in, but dont worry, i feel everything will be balanced enough

I think I'll make an Artifacts section with Its own CP budget of 300-500CP(depends on the size) so you dont accuse me of being a CP vampire (as much).
With Masterpieces being the more expensive artifacts or their own subsection.

>spoiler
Um, why? Are you trying to make a Dominaria jump, too? Kaladesh has plenty on its own.

As for drawbacks, it kind of depends on the jump, but even more on your personal preferences. Greek Myth, for example, has an 800 CP cap, while Dota 2 has only 600 CP. It just depends what you're going for. Some things to consider: how much you're offering, how much you want people to be able to get, that you have enough drawbacks to get to the drawback cap, etc.

>JAGS Wonderland
Neat setting that.

I just want to be able to be a drop in without being something I hate or forgoing discounts.
Because after the entire second mirrodin set I'm thoroughly finished with phyrexia and hope it gets killed off sooner than later.

I drew blanks on what to base drop in off until i found myself making a phyrexian tree. I will probably work on a Dominaria/New Phyrexia jump later on, but really It was just a case of the other drop in trees i tried to make seeming boring and kinda dull compared to Pilot's "My driving skills make Action movie protagonists blush" and the other origins (which im still working on when i can)

I'm sorry, no perks can fix your shit taste and i am unsure if i should make a second drop in tree. The jump's already looking pretty big WITHOUT the artifacts, and that'll be a big section in and of itself.

Listen when something trashes one of your favorite planes then come talk to me about having shit taste.

Well, you'll probably enjoy the Dominaria jump since it'll let you fix that.
if i can ever finish Kaladesh and Hyper Light Drifter

Hey fa/tg/uys quick question,

so for my first jump I do Pokemon and take the 'Savant' perk which basically makes me a genius by human standards

If in my next jump I take a drawback that:
"When you enter this world, your powers don't come with you"

Would my increased intelligence drop down to what it was before?

Yes that is how it works.

>pic
That's a gorgeous card.

46. Squirrel and Hedgehog
Origin: North Korean Hedgehog
Skills and Abilities: Internal Map, Magnet Sight, Good Sense, Smooth Words, Mind of Iron
Items: Uniform, Sidearm, Infinite Seeds, Glorious Camera, Training Course

I'll re-iterate my position: From an objective, in-universe perspective Flower Hill are actually the good guys. That's pretty much how propaganda works. And I'm not going to fuck things up for the locals just because in my world this is a show made by a terrible country.

I'm a decent enough spy, I think. I have perks like Master Thief and Sneak Thief to get files I need, Acting! from Scooby Doo and The Final Sin Is Stupidity from Gonzo Journalism to avoid getting caught, Aura and psychic powers to check if someone is ready to become a plant or a filter for information, and I can use waterbending to sink their entire navy should things get to that point. Which I think they do, actually.

I am going to have to blow up some North Korea somewhere to get this stink off of me. It might take a minute. I'm not exactly rushing headlong into the power to blow up countries.

attempt to justify it all you want, you're still a degenerate communist shit.

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to.

Anyone know if the Assassin's Creed maker is still around? I really like the series and it'd be cool if there was some way to be around for more than one of the games. Maybe even a free drawback for it?

I feel like the "eras" of the games are distinct enough to deserve their own jumps, even with the shared stuff, and it allows for cool shit.

Mostly I want to annoy Ezio and Edward though.

>Gintama
>Urasawa's Pluto
>Gash Bell!
>Bastard!!
>Mignolaverse
>Warhammer End of Times
>Warhammer Age of Sigmar
>Warhammer 40k: Gathering Storm
>Noblesse
>F/GO
>The Culture
>Destroy All Humans
>The Foundation
>Planetary Annihilation
>Dark Souls II
>E.Y.E.
>Team Fortress 2
>Another Alien Jump
>Another Doctor Who Jump
>Star Wars: Empire at War (and Forces of Corruption)
>The Darkness
I wouldn't mind trying to do a Gintama jump, but I need to watch another 200 chapters and I probably won't be able to get started until summer. If only someone could do it sooner..

Jesus...I take a break from Jump Chain for one goddamn month and so many threads have come and gone...

...Does anyone remember when the Dragon Ball Universe (?) Jump was made? That was the last thing I remembered before I left /jc/

To expand on what I mean on this, before I go to bed.

In Altair's time you have a very classic Assassin style of stuff, along with all of the Medeval stuff the Templars had. Along with the plot of "the ancient war between the Templars and the Assassins(or rather their ancient forebears who likely used different names) has just reignited" And you have to deal with the fallout of that, no matter what side you're on, or if you're unaligned.

Ezio's era is more of a political game. The Templars have massive amounts of power all over Europe, and into Asia. But they have to work in the shadows, and can't be as outright as previously due to their order being, officially, disbanded by a Pope. The Assassins on the other hand are trying to rebuild forces and fortresses, and trying to shape society using similar methods to the Templars.

Edward's time is just a damn cluster fuck. First the Assassins have the Templars "running scared", then one piece of information has the Assassins getting their asses kicked, then one guy puts the Templars on the back-foot again.

etc. There is room for all sorts of perks/items unique to each jump. Though I would really REALLY want a Fortress available in either Altair's time or Ezio's. Because I love properties that follow me from jump to jump.

It would be even better if there with Continuity "drawbacks". So that once you hit Modern Assassin's Creed you have people thinking you're like a Sage, with how you keep reincarnating.

I'm afraid it's been... nine years

I would be very keen for a Culture jump. And at this point I'd be happy with any sort of additional Doctor Who jump (Torch wood is definitely a good option, or just some sort of dodgy "New Who", "Old Who" jumps that retread the ground in the old jump. Maybe a Big Finish or extended universe jump?. Hell Class or the Sarah Jane Adventures is an option).

>Team Fortress 2
We actually have one. It's on the drive under Imaged in a folder called "TF2".

... Man. Now I really want a jump for Ezio's era that'd have an option like the hidden village in Streetfighter. That'd really fit with the stuff in Brotherhood.

The original jump is still pretty good though.

About two years back.

If you don't take Pokemon Trainer as your first jump can you take Body Mod before your first jump?

Body Mod and the Warehouse too, yeah