>Only reason why I wanted to play D&D
>Feel like Dunce and Dumbass because they play it seriously
>All the fun is in homebrewing
>Don't want to play if I can't be a goof

Then don't fucking play.

>How to say now
>Still autistic, these are friend-os

>this
be polite and bow out or man the fuck up and learn how to play. Riding the fence isn't fun for you or them.

>Understood, thank you Veeky Forums
*scuddles back to the safety that is r/dnd*

>Actually is autistic

Preferably don't even open the thread after this because you're going to get a LOT of shit for admitting you're from reddit

don't play? seems pretty cut and dry. you don't like the game and don't want to play the style they are used to.

>Got answer
>Doesn't matter to me if people know I'm retarded

It happens every once in a while.
I remember this small beholderkin race that had a level adjustment of 5 back in 3rd, I liked the dude because it was like "smaller, goofier, non offensive beholder" type of deal. Instead of disintegrate eye, it had eye of magic missile, it had another eye that could cause moderate wounds, and instead of a constant antimagic cone, it had a passive see invisible and could make visible through its main eye. It looked very fun to play with and was quite balanced but no DM would admit it even if it was opened to any alignment for whatever reason. So I did what most should do, I got half the robots invested in another group where we were able to pull off all sorts of fun shit. Gradually when the other table disolved, the rest came to me in droves and found it so enjoyable that we played for a few years.

The thing is, you either need to adapt your shit to the current rules or theme (there are many ways to use wands to deal with anything), sell your idea to the DM (don't just write a 40 page backstory and sell it to the DM, get that nigger involved in the process of helping with your character and negotiate parts he might not accept so easily) or, worst case scenario, do what I did and make another adventure with them. It's not that hard to DM, you just need to learn to simulate shit happening in your brain, know the rules and read a few good novels related to your setting.

Start playing a Thief Rogue, try to hoard wands without showing it off, learn the game along the way. Probably you'll drop that character idea and have a better one; if not - you will be useful to your party as you are, you will have fun, and, by level 13 (assuming you are playing 5e), you will be able to use them wands.

Thanks for the fleshed out response. I'll probably adapt to the current DM set rules, and make it goofy in my own way without crossing the line whereas my DM doesn't appreciate it.

No problem brah, over the years, board has became kind of hostile but as you can see a lot of us still want to be excellent with each other and shit.

>Came to Veeky Forums with question
>Expected to get shit on
>Got shit on
>Made friends along the way
>All around good first time

>All the fun is in homebrewing

Sounsd like you don't want D&D at all. Consider freeforming.

Stop greentexting everything.

>Stop greentexting everything.

Why do you want such a heavy focus on stupid stuff in a dnd game?

Reddit, ladies and gentlemen.

So you got invited to a game where they wanted something different from what you wanted and nothing interesting happened in the story?

So?

Ebin

I hate you and everything you stand for, OP.

jesus christ

D&D just isn't for some people. Autistic Twitch Vidja players most likely.

Either tell your friends your this isn't for you, or do something more in line with what you want like playing GRUPS.
Plenty of people still playing that.

>Get wandslinger (gunslinger) idea shut down
Why? Just use a warlock with a wand focus, or maybe an artificer.
How did you present that idea?

>Get wandslinger (gunslinger) idea shut down
Grats, your DM is a faggot who knows nothing about D&D and deserves to die

Firearms are present in at least 2 D&D settings, and Earth is a plane outside of the known cosmology, which is why there are earth deities in D&D, infact the Ogdoad is in D&D as a result of a faggot elves spiriting Egyptian slaves away to work for them once upon a fucking time.

Cunt doesn't even know Murlynd? Dicks and tits to that faggot OP, I bet this prick doesn't know the expedition to barrier peaks had the contents of the ship excavated and distributed amongst scholars for study.

That asshat probably doesn't even know Meepo

Here's a (you).

>Be me
You didn't have to tell me you were from reddit, I already knew

stat me Veeky Forums

>shitty downgrade without a hax master/10

Abyss-Tainted half-Dragon Ex-Paladin Blackguard.

Two templates to use.

Ladies and gentlemen, an actual "that guy."

>thinks "be me" is a Reddit tell

What the fuark is a Meepo?

Google says it's from a video game called Dota.

What is that, German?

>in at least 2 D&D settings
There's more than 2 D&D settings retard, it must not be in whichever one they're using

This, OP. The only thing worse in a serious game than a player that can't stop being 'goofy' is one that isn't having fun. So if you're both there's nothing wrong with politely leaving for the campaign.

...did you need to depend on Veeky Forums to give you a brutally honest answer?

Was reddit not up to the task of yelling at an autistic person to get their shit together?

Honestly curious, as I don't really browse ore even go to reddit unless it's a relevant result when googling something.

its a safety echo hug chamber where youll be downvoted to oblivion and banned if youre a meanie pie.

>i got banned from reddit once
Stop caring about downvotes and you'll realize that it can be just as blunt.

ive never been banned. Ive only made like 3 posts.

Also, you cant not care about downvotes because they hide your thread from most people. Iirc the default layout isnt bump order its upvotes so if you get downvoted youre buried.

also, ive seen people be completely ignored based on their profiles bad reputation for having a lot of downvotes.

So people are ignored if they're recorded as being shitposters? Seems reasonable.

>stop
>doing
>this
>constantly
>this
>is
>not
>how
>people
>talk
>>

Not necessarily shitposters. If you just post a dissenting opinion youll get downvoted.

Furthermore, just because somebody usually shitposts doesnt mean they cant then go on to raise a valid point. The only time anyone would ever raise a profiles reputation is to attack the poster rather than engage with any argument they present. One of the best things about Veeky Forums is you can make an arse of yourself in one thread but this is completely forgotten in another so youre always judged based on the merits of your post rather than your status.

It's actually the top ranked Antagonist for D&D settings.

IT'S A FUCKING KOBOLD THAT WENT OT VIET-FUCKING-NAM AND CAME BACK A MAGICAL SHOTGUN WIELDING CULTURAL HERO WHO AVENGES KOBOLD MASSACRES AND REMOVE GNOME IN THE BUSH

So one of the most iconic idiosyncracies of early Veeky Forums has become a reddit thing now