pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>Current Rumors
tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Old thread:

Posting Hinterlands for possible continued discussion.

>steamshit
I want to play Warhammer, not Warmashit

>a single thematically fitting steampunk faction
>ruins entire setting

>single faction

lolnope

Oh so you didn't get enough replies to your bitching from the last thread that you had to shit up the new thread?

Too late

What do you guys use for inspirational material when it comes to narrative campaigns, particularly something like Hinterlands or equivalent?

Any stories on how you applied your inspiration?

I ask because I'm hosting a Hinterlands campaign this month, and I have a bit of writers block.

Blanchitsu

Look up the AoS28 FB page. It's using hinterlands but tries to fit the dark and gritty blanche aesthetic

>Everyone is on a Quest for a Holy Artifact!
>Competing bands of Heroes have gathered together to show their stuff in a contest of who can have the most excellent adventure!
>There's something out there that needs to be dealt with. Some bands of heroes gather to heed its call, and others gather to destroy it at all costs!

Campaign takes place in [Big City] but eventually moves into the wilderness, such as [Mountainous Pass]. This stretch eventually takes them to [Exotic City] and after they finish their business, it's off through [Enchanted Forest]. Once they get through that, they meet at [Different City] and begin the final leg of their journey though [Deadly Swamp] which leads to [Evil Volcano Land] and eventually to [Mt. Ominous-Name] where they fight [Bad Thing] and claim their reward!

Or maybe it just takes place in [Singular Setting] but takes on a number of campaign goals within it.

I personally like the idea of running it as a journey because you can introduce new settings (and terrain/ condition rules) and give them restrictions on who their warband can hire as they travel based on where they are. I think that's actually a suggestion in the book itself.

STEAMSHIT, YOU HAVE TO GO BACK!

my ideas for AoS army
>Ogors Pirates
>Birkenau Zombies (with blue-white striped clothes on and german officer as necromancer)
>Freeguild in national colour scheme
>Stromcast Eternals painted in sea theme (lots of patina, seaweed all over them, just like old mouments that are underwater)

and I can't decide which one i want to get

I'm a fan of Stormcast in a nautical theme, since I already love the Star Krakens.

If you could pull off Tzaangor Pirates instead of Ogor, I'd be into that. Otherwise, they're my second opinion.

As a guy collecting a nurgle mortal army with a nautical theme, the ogor pirates or the SCE navy ones sound really cool.

SCE is really tempting, since they got brand new rules and ogres won't get anything new soon (probably), and tons of models to choose form.

Still I'm concerned about doing their fyling units in that theme. Should I keep them clean and glowy like regular procecutors have, or paint them as mechanical part that got plenty of rust and coral/starfishes sticked to them? Or replace them with something else (still need an idea).

Well within the nautical theme, there are several subthemes.

You have the royal navy theme. Where all the ships are well kept, the crew in uniforms, the officers in stately attire. This would be the SCE one. The well oiled machine at sea.

Then you have the grungy pirates. The captain is in gaudy attire, and the crew is a bunch of riffraff with scavenged clothes and weapons. The ship is dark and brooding. This would be your ogors.

Then there is the mysterious dead ship. The floating wreck that has been summoned up from the depths and is covered in barnacles, seaweed, and algae. The crew looks like they have been drowned in the bottom of the hudson river for decades. This is the theme for my nurgle mortal army.

You get the idea, that nautical can take many different aesthetics.

This is brilliant actually. I haven't started painting my blightkings, so maybe I should explore this theme more.

They're half way there with the trident and shields already. Maybe remove the wings and repaint the scrolls as fins or those flat tentacle things to make them look like they're swimming through the air? That or replace the wings with a space marine backpack of all things like it's an oxygen tank / air propulsion system, could be cool. A lot of it would hinge on a good water base but could be sick

If you can find big enough fins, you can replace their wings with those. Otherwise maybe make those out of seaweed.

I hate having so many ideas for armies

>expand current Slaves to Darkness army
>do crazy kitbashing to make an order army with an ancient greek theme
>buy a bunch of 40k scions boxes
>buy some 40k tau and kitbash them to be scavenging junkyard tau
>expand current collection of 40k dark angels (that I don't actually play, just collect)

Fuck, you're telling me. I had my steampunk dispossessed and SCE with the irondrake headswaps I took to the LVO

Then I have been working on my drowned ship mortal nurgle army.

And now I have an itch to make a chaos dwarfs army, but kitbashed from plastic kits. I was thinking of using ironbreaker bodies and arms, and using some sort of ghoul head but greenstuffing schaos dwarf style beards on everyone. It would be like a near death corruption of these duardin driving them mad. And making my own centaurs out of brayherds and chaos knights.

Having so much you want to do is suffering

>tfw that's just a random building or piece of scenery
>no steam dwarfs, it's actually just Khorne daemons vs Stormcasts in a new boxed set

my bet is on some kind of boxed game similar to Renegade form 40k (one with 2 imperial knights). Just with Bloodthister + something inside.

Nah, it's either some big steam behemoth, or some flying machine. See the rudders on the top left or bottom center?

Wargames foundry (Bryan Ansell) has the rights to the 80s bretonnian knights on foot. They look good, if slightly small.

>when you realize it's w40k shit and the art is too good for AoS

Have you read any of the recent 40k campaign books?theres about one or 2 good pieces in each, and a bunch in the style you associate with AoS. It depends on the artist, there is some good age of sigmar art

Oh man, don't I know that. I've been working on and off on my Ogor auxilia from Azyrheim (armed with stormcast weapons and such) and now I've got to wrestle with my desire for a force of Order corsairs assembled from Swifthawk Agents, Scourge Privateers and Vanguard-Hunters.
Nevermind my Stormcast and Arcanites...

The same artists working on 40k art are also doing AoS art.

Anyone going to purchase the new AoS book and post a short summarization here?

The book comes out in like June. What's the hurry?

So, I've been out since roughly the End Times, popping in every now and then to see what's going on. Not a big fan of the whole no points, no force organization, yelling shit out thing, as well as removing the maneuvering and baiting charges aspect of the game. Is it better now from a competitive standpoint?

Also, the factions seem to have lost a lot of character. Who the hell is Gordrakk and why isn't Grimgor still around? Speaking of which, wasn't this whole End Times/Ragnarork thing the entire reason Wurrzagg was around? And why the fuck are there orcs in mega armor in WHFB?

>I've been out since roughly the End Times

Yeah, every other word in your post indicates that too...

>totally not bait, I swear

We get roughly one or two posts in that exact format per thread:
>Haven't played in a while, so now I am back and surprisingly well-informed despite that, especially about the beginning of AoS. Now let me quote a bunch of irrelevant stuff that hasn't been an issue since forever before going on about how [faction] has lost character and [new faction] looks like it's from 40k
So have your (You) and be off.

Well, enlighten me, then. Because last time I popped in was when Age of Sigmar was just released and it was a weird pseudo-WarmaHordes with absolutely no FOC, no point costs and no fluff whatsoever. I want to like the game, but when I look at the Games Workshop pages all I see is an indecipherable mish-mash of like ten different factions all jammed into one.

>who the hell is Gordrakk
the spiritual liege of orckind

>where is grimgor
Not introduced yet

>Bait
Yeah, I mean, all these WHFB video games and shit being released are totally set in the Age of Sigmar universe, right? Because clearly it has greater appeal, more interesting aesthetics and greater character, right? Like Total War: Warhammer, which totally features Stormcast Eternals and not the traditional Old World setting and was a complete failure. Or Mordheim, which is clearly set in the multiverse. Or Blood Bowl, which obviously features the Grand Alliances of Order and Destruction.

It's almost as if tossing your entire setting in the garbage to sell bigger monster toys with generic trademarked names like Fyreslayers was a dumb idea.

You can't have it both ways. Either I'm well-informed or I'm wrong. Like I said, I tried to stay informed early on since I wasn't a huge fan of the turn WHFB took somewhere along the 8th edition and a reboot seemed like a good idea, but I kind of checked out because it seemed like it was still in an experimental phase.

But by all means, if you want to be dicks about it, feel free.

>why isn't Grimgor still around

Grimgor's dead.

Haven't orcs been renamed something stupid like Orrgors or something?

Are we already in the shitposting phase today? That's earlier than usual.

Any ideas on how shadows over hammerhal will be different from silver tower? I know they've been some lore leaks but wondering whether I should pick up SoH or ST

Hammerhal wil feature a gamemaster, apparently. No idea beyond that.

Shadows over Hammerhal has to played with a GM, so if you're not a fan of that get Silver Tower
Over than that I think SoH is more looser and more dungeon crawler-ly, I can't say for certain though since I've never played any of them

You know full well that if you want to read the current fluff and rules, there are links to them in the OP.

And that's why AoS is currently doing better than WHFB.
Oh...

Hey guys, I am new and never played WHFB and I wanted to know if Helman Ghorst is in AoS?

Not a big fan of the whole no point, no force organization, yelling shit out thing, having to take a shit, wearing diapers as well as removing maneuvering, flanking and gathering armies. Is it better now from a competitive standpoint?

Also the factions seem to have lost a lot of character. Who the hell is Sigmar and why isn't Karl Franz around? Speaking of which,
is AoS succesful and why isn't featured as a video game such as Mordheim, Total Warhammer and Bloodbowl, all set in the superior Warhammer fantasy universe?

I hope you guys will accept the truth and GW will finally bring back Fantasy. Peace out, retards.

I think we may have a new pasta.

Orruk, pronounced like Uruk.

Not bad, not bad at all. The end is a little too on the nose, but the rest pretty much perfect.

Really? It's not even al dente. Come on, don't drop your pasta standards yet.

Does anyone else here use Battlescribe Android for Age of Sigmar?

It works fine enough with 40k units, but when I try to use it to build a sigmar list it shows all the options (Behemoths, battlelines, etc) but all the entries are empty.

Just use the warscroll builder.

>AoS hints that Chaos Dwarves are back
Shiiiiieeeet.

But the Wallscroll builder, while handy, doesn't show the points values of each unit.

???

Sauce?

Lions of Sigmar found something sinister in the Realm of Metal in the aftermath of Celestial Vindicators vs. Tzeentch Warriors.

And the realm of metal is home to the Dwarves who allied with Grungni. (Steamhead Duardin/Dwarves)

>Birkenau Zombies (with blue-white striped clothes on and german officer as necromancer)
Do it by all means and play with Jews.

Ohhh do tell, what book was that? I wanna read it myself

Hints? Mate, they are confirmed as being in the Mortal Realms. Read the FW fluff.

'The Eldritch Fortress' by Guy Haley from the Ghal Maraz book.

>Forgeworld lore

"FW isn't canon, only I am canon"

>Black Library lore

How shit is this?

I like brutes...

I want more brutes in my life.

>they brought back Slambo
THEY SHOULD BRING BACK CHAOS DWARVES

I'm having trouble finding the hint of Chaos Dorfs in here, are there any keywords I need to search for?

It's not a confirmation. Just wishful thinking that the sinister thing they found has to do with Chaos Dwarves and how all of the population in the realm are Dwarves.

Hell, it could also be corrupted boring fauna instead, so who knows.

But which page specifically? Sorry to be asking for spoonfeeding, I've just got it pulled up on my phone and reading through it at work

At the last pages probably? Sorry, maybe it's in another story and the tg wiki doesn't link sources.

- drop the goregruntas, they are garbage; replace with brutes or 'ard boys.
- Shaman is shit, drop him and a warchanter for more 'ardboys or brutes
- dual choppas on ten brutes is questionable. spears are better for anything above MSU

sounds like fun. 50 identical models

Nurgle daemons with skaven pestilens, kinda shit or completely shit?

Depends. Plagueclaw gives you a bit of teeth, if you're not dealing with teleporting enemies.

>SCE won against Tzeentch in the Realm of Metal
>new upcoming race are the Steamhead Duardin

What did they mean with this?

remember your opinion doesn't matter only his opinion matters

So I'm gonna begin my vanguard stormcast army and wondered how this would look:

Leader: Lord Aquilor 220pts

Battleline:
10 hunters 280pts
5 hunters 140pts

others
3 vanguard palladors 220pts
3 Hurricane Raptors 160pts

1.000 points on the nose.

How would you rate it competitively? I don't mind (and may actually balk at) a top-tier list but at the same time I don't want a garbage list. I'd like something mid-tier, would this qualify?

Lord Aquilor is 200pts, nevermind that brainfart.

Not bad. Heavily lacking in ranged shots but I guess you're gunning for mobility here. You will have trouble dealing with magic too, and no healing nor saves against mortal wounds, so you gotta pick your positions wisely.

Last comment, might want to split the 10 hunters to 2 units of 5. Gives you more options on where to threaten on the board.

Drop down to 2x5 Hunters total and take another unit of Hurricane Raptors.
It's still not amazing, but it can work.

>post yfw everything looks better than stormcasts

Goregruntas are garbage? Aren't they useful as fast flankers to hit squishier targets?

Seriously, I think we will actually see a return of Settra, he was last seen rushing into the chaos realm killing everything in sight, but did promise he'd come back to get Nagash when he was done. So I could definitely see him being still alive, coming back, now even stronger probably from having fucked over shit loads of demons and taking their power, and then getting other tomb kings/khemri undead to rally under him against Nagash in a sort of repackaging of Tomb Kings

Somebody make Tzeentch style Varanguard with this :)

No, they are garbage. Just paint brutes or play Stormcast or Tzeentch. Enjoy this amazing game that is so much better than fantasy.

Then why did they remove everything about the tk? even the good plastic kits?

I think it's honestly a mistake the company made that they'll eventually admit to. The interest is there, it just needs to be properly marketed

To rename them?

>GW
>admitting errors

Well, they probably won't admit their errors true, but they could easily work them back into the setting with renaming and new lore

Kinda like the mistake of AoS.

They rebox their errors by adding $10 to the price tag and doubling the models inside.

They're hamstrung by their badly written charge rules.

Yeah it's mid tier

Between Rampaging Destoryers and Ironfist your entire force is already really fast and Gore-gruntas have way less punch than Brutes.

And an assload of new kits, because every box bar sphinx, snakes and tomb guard are garbage by modern standards.

Seconding this! Get on the aos28 fb page.

god damn that is amazing.

way better than stormcast

Compare these and just boggle at how bad they are.
>actually worse melee on all weapons
>no special weapons
>a few garbage mount attacks
>special rule gets worse the better your movement is
>no improved save despite riding a fucking huge pig
Literally every other superheavy cavalry is going to laugh them out of the room.

Liche priest, tomb king with heavy weapon and necrotect all still look good, but would need to be updated for obvious reasons. The skellies would be easy as hell to update as im sure they have barebones CAD files of skellies they could edit with Egyptian shit

how are 4 4+/4+ attacks 'garbage' I mean it's nothing to write home about but it's a nice extra. On a charge they deal D3 damage.

Ah, sure, I meant plastic kits of course. Finecast stuff has held up better, but obviously can't or won't be re-released.