Last time on Song of Swords:
honor in victory
repelling the red menace
ancient tomes
mistaking the sun for the moon

The KS link & Opaque's website
kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

We also have a Discord now, at discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
And a Reddit: reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/
The Reddit had a QnA:
reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/comments/5x02zj/song_of_sword

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

How many Zells does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XUhVCoTsBaM
youtube.com/watch?v=26zZk_33Dek
youtube.com/watch?v=WsDYB7THHA8
youtube.com/watch?v=DBfTk6Unddk
youtu.be/vCXsRoyFRQE
youtube.com/watch?v=AVzCqrEn7kc
youtu.be/2Z5-ZVtJ31E
youtu.be/596qaxm-u4o
youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E
youtube.com/watch?v=XQYJxbkEItQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3fN3OPk3A
youtube.com/watch?v=4OuRajFzMYI
youtube.com/watch?v=kYW1wrYOxy8
youtube.com/watch?v=p_5yt5IX38I
tabletopgamingnews.com/song-of-swords-fantasy-rpg-up-on-kickstarter/
youtube.com/watch?v=oM2cUbhJqGo
gamingtrend.com/2017/02/27/realism-in-the-unreal-song-of-swords-developers-on-historical-accuracy-in-game-design/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

old
old
old

What kind of idiot puts a rat that big in the terrarium of such a small snake?

Don't those people know that a snake in nature of that size would go after small young rats, not fucking adults?

Gizka.

So I've been following this since the kickstarter went live, and half paying attention to the tournament. The overall concept is pretty intriguing to me, but is combat brutally lethal at all times? I'm thinking I'll never get my group into it because they're not used to characters dying like bitches.

Reposting themes:

>King and the Kingsmen
youtu.be/XUhVCoTsBaM

youtube.com/watch?v=26zZk_33Dek

youtube.com/watch?v=WsDYB7THHA8

>Worm
youtube.com/watch?v=DBfTk6Unddk

>Gizka and Gizka Company
youtu.be/vCXsRoyFRQE

youtube.com/watch?v=AVzCqrEn7kc

>Lost Izagone
youtu.be/2Z5-ZVtJ31E

>Wilhelm the Strong
youtu.be/596qaxm-u4o

>That one king that has a collection of motorbikes made by the glade in his kingdom
youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E

youtube.com/watch?v=XQYJxbkEItQ

>Ballad of the laser whales
youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3fN3OPk3A

>SoS Japan Supplement
youtube.com/watch?v=4OuRajFzMYI

>Volkodovs
youtube.com/watch?v=kYW1wrYOxy8

>Marju
youtube.com/watch?v=p_5yt5IX38I

Well, you can give your players an easier time of it. Basically have the enemies hold back, as it were. I remember also at one point a set of "less lethal" modifications for the rules, like pcs reduce wound levels and such.

But as written, yes, combat is pretty lethal.

Mark my words:
One day this game is going to get published. Not this year or next one, but it will be published. And two months later is will disappear from Veeky Forums.
Forever.

It's already gone way more than two months without content.

what happend to snek?

Rats forged steel

It started talking shit about shovels.

tabletopgamingnews.com/song-of-swords-fantasy-rpg-up-on-kickstarter/

Few days old but I found this

youtube.com/watch?v=oM2cUbhJqGo
Butts and penetration, my boy!

Who are the inhuman people of Vosca that aren't directly about combat, fighting and ruling?

Who is the legendary wind-like messenger, the cook that can make you nostalgic over foods that you've never tasted, the seer that can actually tell the future?

Is there a Kesh farmer so good at their job that their skills are a pillar of the society?

There's doctor Doom and other magically inclined luminaries, but are there more mundane, non-combatant ones?

I think there's a cook in illegon somewhere who can prepare anything, that's mentioned.

This ballsy fucker's even advertising in our backer comments.

Can we mark that shit as spam? Has to be against some guidelines.

His Kickstarter is over and it probably wouldn't be worth the bad press from the inevitable tantrum.

Hey, at least he'll probably link his fans to SoS.

But he's still accepting "late donations". You're right, probably not worth the drama.

Maybe. Seems like a one sided marketing plug to me.

>Start a relatively tiny ass Kickstarter for a TTRPG
>Still have to play politics
This is why I do not envy anyone in a public position.

gamingtrend.com/2017/02/27/realism-in-the-unreal-song-of-swords-developers-on-historical-accuracy-in-game-design/

>It’s insanely fun to be perfectly honest.
desu senpai

What it needs is targeting modifiers and stances. Then it will be a perfect combat game.

Well that was diplomatic.

>What we currently have I think is a happy medium. We’re making a lot of easy-reference materials (such as pre-made armor sets on cards
Oh my gosh yes give me that, give me that right now
NPC stats + a separate card with a type of pre-constructed armor set, taken randomly from a deck
hnnnnnnnnnngg

The cheeky cunt sold swords as his top tier pledges, where do you think he's buying them from to make the money back?

The interviewer seems uninterested as hell.

poor snek

>You can enhance your weapon with special material, you can perform acts of daring that wouldn’t be otherwise possible if you build your character right
>if you build your character right
Ouch, that's not a good line to say. That's gonna turn people off from your game more than it will turn people on.

Turns out putting a live terrified rat and a snake in a tiny glass box with nowhere to hide is not actually "more natural" than feeding it dead prey

Minmaxing is not a good thing, especially after the whole generation lost to 3.5

Honestly this seems like the same kind of thread and community that /ddg/ was over on Veeky Forums. That shit was for a single player game that came out 7 years ago and is only now just dead.