Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Return of the primarchs!... edition

prev
>Adarki Duncini
youtube.com/watch?v=5IXQ6f6eMxQ

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to fuck your list up
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>It's time for feedback!
>No, Magnus, no!

3rd for stop racing to make 1st post already

r8 my 1500 nids list?
I posted it last week and you guys seemed to like it, should be some different people on at this hour.
I know, I promised a batrep last week, but the game got postponed til tonight. Batrep coming tomorrow.

>inb4 1 point over in a friendly game, where both sides know the others' list is CHEATING REEEEEEEEEE

Can't be worse than mine.

Drop a Devourer to get below 1,000.

I'd put the Zoanthropes into two individual broods.

I'm a DA playa and I don't know what to take as AA support, either a nephilim flyer, an Aegis Defense line + Icarus + a squad to man it, or 2 wall of martyrs vengeance weapon battery (one with icarus for AA and one with Battle Cannon because pie plates).

Help me plz

What's the rest of the list look like?

Aegis is more for guaranteeing a 4+ cover for your backfield squads than it is for a single AA gun.

>Zoanthropes into two individual broods
That's pretty much handing the other guy First Blood

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my soulstone... and my twin.. even my dead wife. The craftworld I've lost... the ancestors I've lost... won't stop hurting. I'm gonna make them give back our past

the rest of the list is pretty mobile:

2 tac squads in drop pods, 1 command squad with libby with drop pod, 3 bikes with attack bike, darkshroud, celestine and imperial knight paladin

I was planning on having the Dark Talon as support bombing but I see that it can't even damage half the flyers in the game with its hurricane bolters.

IK has an icarus turret on the hull.

>Implying Tanith aren't the 40k version of MSF

I personally wouldn't take an exocrine outside of a living artillery node and I'd take a hive crone instead.

>Your tone was 4channy from the start and I tried to be nice.
Bro, your post was retarded from the start and I was nice.

>You're not exactly conveying your thoughts that good.
I've been crystal clear. If you can't actually read the rules, I'm not sure how you hope to enjoy this hobby.

>So chill the fuck out and stop trying to help ok?
Hey, no need to get upset. Just let all those other anons jumping in with feedback help you out. Oh wait.

Suck it up emo. You have a dead twin, why arent you piloting Wraithknight? And suck it up even more and join Ynnari. You can have back your dead relatives and permantly bond with them in amalgam of souls, trust in your god, wraithbone and your revenge made manifest!

Are you really sure you need AA? Fliers seem pretty rare in most metas, and most traditional AA batteries aren't much good against FMC's.

The Nephilim is probably the least bad of those options, but that's not saying much.

THEY PLAYED US LIKE FETHING PIPES

It's a list for competitive and if someone brings a helldrake or two on the table I have to be able to answer accordingly.
Still, the nephilim can shoot missiles at ground vehicles with less BS, but if the enemy won't bring flyers it will be 170 wasted points, thus the vengeance weapon batteries, one has AA and the other bombs stuff.

Why can't DA have an AA tank like vanilla marines? ree

>I'm guaranteed to loose this game so I'm gonna have a shitty attitude and even actively try and keep the other player from having fun out of spite instead of forfeiting

Why do that guys have this kind of logic? 3 out of about the 15 guys in my 40k community do this and I'm starting to get the urge of just giving up and saying they "win" just to get the game to be over because they drag it out and make it as painful as possible

>read Skitarius novel
>Skitarii Primus engages a squad of Dark mechanicus shock troopers
>pulls out two Arc Mauls, starts spinning his upper body and rotating his shoulder joints at high speed
>walks into their lines like a tornado of Arc weapons
This shit is hilarious and I wish it'd be possible in-game.

Oh man that is awesome. I hope Skitarii get their Skitarii Primus like they got it in 30k.

Even if the other guy doesn't have flyers, the Nephilim can put out some decent hurt.

Still, I think it's not worth it. Even if the other guy brings a heldrake or two, just advance into his deployment zone and spread out.

Such is the nature of neckbeards

Birds sing
Dolphins rape
Neckbeards neckbeard

So just don't play those people.

>birds
>not raping
>laughingmallards.jpg

Yeah, reading that novel makes me hyped as fuck about having a highly customizable Primus on the TT as well.

Even if it's probably not optimal at all, a Skitarii with 2 Arc Pistols, 2 Arc Mauls and Mindscrambler Grenades could be fun as fuck to use though I guess you could drop one Maul in-game since it makes no difference if you have a second weapon or just a Pistol.

Quit crying, faggot. We're gonna make the Eldar Empire great again.

>birds rape
>dolphins rape
>neckbeards rape
>everyone adores dolphins and birds but ridicules neckbeards
I feel like this is highly hypocritical and I demand equal treatment.

>don't play those people
Yeah thanks for cracking that case detective Conan, I do it to myself because I usually will avoid playing these people, but sometimes I'm forced to like if they come to my weekly Apoc event and they arent toxic enough to get banned, or if I'm matched with them in my LgSs tournament , but yeah sometimes they're the only ones in the shop and I want a game, I always regret it, one day I'll learn, until then I'll bitch on an anonymous internet board with people who I know share my opinion

>drive an hour to the shop on my one day off of the week
>carefully set out my painted models that I put together back when I had more time and my hands were steadier
>can't stay too long, the kids expect dinner and I have to be in bed early for work tomorrow
>only really have time for one game, pick someone
>end up choosing the one autist
>he's waac, of course
>I have no chance of winning
>but I just want to play with my painted army men
>he basically tables me on the first turn, there's no reason why I shouldn't forfeit
>but this is the only game I can play tonight
>want to at least roll a few die for my turn
>end up dragging out the game just so I can have a bit of fun in my life instead of surrendering
>finally finish and the game's over, the past hour and half have just been a formality since my Ork list was doomed from the start
>thank him for the game, pack up and get ready to leave
>on the way out, I hear him complaining to his autist friends that I didn't surrender and dragged the game out, and that he only has time for four more games now
>last thing I hear is him making plans for tomorrow because he doesn't do anything all day

Just tell them they're being a little bitch. It seems like it would be a hassle but people like that are really weak willed, hence why they lash out in such a disgustingly passive aggressive manner. They've never been called out on it so they think it's okay. You'd be doing them a favor

And you still havent said what that guy did wrong. gg user

youre a terrible person and i wouldnt play you. We've even excluded whiny bitches like you in our meta before, stressed out waac players that cant have fun.

How to start Genestealer Cult? Any example of their e.g. Kill Team list (will start from this or HoR format)

Had you try not being a colosal faggot?

Either fake or a waacfag

This right here. I'm here to enjoy playing a game. I don't play 40k like it's an MtG standard tournament.

Pick up Deathwatch Overkill. Gives you a ready-made Kill Team in the two White Dwarf troops choices for the units in the box, as well as one of each of the HQ choices, some genestealers, and abberants which you can only get in the box, not to mention Marines you can either sell or keep for use for the cool board game.

Kill Team is literally

1x Favored Disciples: 85
1x Faithful Throng: 115

Wait for a few weeks. One of the recent leaks for next content included a Start Collecting for GC, I think.

If it is of any relevance, the plastic tartaros and MK III were also included in that leak

Suck it up noob

I recently ran this in a KT, was pretty fun. A tougher list would probably use a Chimera instead, so the "Neophyte Amoured Claw" boxes are a good place to start. They're also a good start towards the "neophyte Cavalcade" formation

Except in your example the Ork player (who was losing) is still having fun and being a good sport

>One of my old roommates was a Guard player in 6e. He was a great person and hilarious to play... so long as he was winning.
>The moment you started to win. He'd get really mopey. Would get really quiet. Lots of sighing. Low energy. Barely putting any effort into the game.
>I stopped playing with him. Because it was no fun.

>noob
I can almost guarantee I've been playing for more years than you

Woah woah chaps, I think you've got it all wrong this is what you guys are talking about
>getting ass kicked
>only game of 40k I'll get all year
>play it out just to see if I can get lucky
>keep it light and just make jokes and be silly
>it's not about winning it's about fun

I'm talking about this
>getting ass kicked
>I only came here to win
>drag the game out
>be in a shitty mood
>make it clear I'm not having fun
>try and drag the other guy down with me because misery loves company
>whine the entire time
>return jokes with deadpan stares

I think you guys are talking about the first, which is totally fine, I'm talking about the latter

Can anyone confirm this?

All these guard players not having fun when they have THE BEST tanks, low energy, sad!

I quit playing in stores for this fucking reason.

>pair-up tournament when fantasy was still a thing, organized by my usual gw store
>go with my younger cousin to have some fun, he's starting at warhammer
>we're matched with a shitty brat who plays skaven, his pair didn't even show up
>we play 750+750, he plays 1500p, whatever
>show him our army list, ask him theirs
>"I don't have one with me, I memorize all the upgrades and costs"
>fuckingbullshit.jpg
>ask him to tell me exactly what is what and what equipment his army has, even write it down
>has one huge block of slaves in the middle of the board
>he's a shitty player, constantly trying to sneak dice rerolls and trying to cheat in small things, call him out every time. We flank him and start busting his ass.
>he tries to shut down our magic casting with a banner that skaven apparently have, which as he explains when used will prevent any use of magic the rest of the battle
>won't lend me his army book to check the effect
>as we are in a store, i pick an open one from a shelf and check it
>it's obviously bullshit, just gives some sort of casting penalty
>mid battle as my greatswords charge his block of slaves, they suddenly are stormvernin armed with heavy armor
>call his bullshit out, take our army from the table while he starts to excuse our fourfeit to the store clerk
>tell him that this is not the first scummy player that I've seen in the store, and that I will not be coming back again

The fucking prize was a plastic goblin painted golden. Was it worth the trouble, waac fags?

All I heard was that they were selling the upgrade sprue seperately. A Start Collecting would be awesome, though, Iconward/Goliath/Acolytes would be great.

I theorize there are three distinct species of "that guys"

>lawful that guy
This is the closest to good that guys there is, these are the kind that will try and have fun, always bring really good lists but at least try and match yours in power, at the same time though they clearly get upset when they loose/are loosing and winning is still priority, these can be spotted by any attempt to roast them after loosing a game resulting in a quick clap back to cover their wounded ego

>chaotic that guy
These guys are the ones that don't really realize fully that they are "that guys" maybe they lack the social skills to understand not to bring powerful lists, or not to get super salty and be shitty for the rest of the game after bad rolls, they've convinced themselves with some stupid logic it's okay for them to bring massed daemon summoning or maxed out riptide wing to a casual game, and their autism means they can't handle their frustration easily when they are loosing, these can be spotted by trying to convince them they are being cheesy and then hiding behind excuses and double think, also quotes such as
>[ultra competitive cheese build] is the only strategy my army has though
>[rolls 2 1s out of 40 dice] God these dice have been fucking me!
>general whining and bitching about everything broken about 40k that they aren't abusing at the time

Then there's the worst
>evil that guy
These are the wannabe tourneyfags, where WAAChammer is their only type of 40k, these guys are perfectly aware of what they are doing, they bring the best list possible and don't hide they are there to win and nothing more, They will resort to dirty tricks and mind games to make you loose, their tools of trade include
>passive aggressive trash talk
>getting super quiet and serious when they aren't winning
>not returning any attempts at jokes or conversations
>conveniently only remembering rules that help them
These are your enemies, know them well

Both times I quoted the relevant areas of issue. If you can't read a unit datasheet to see what options it has, this game is too difficult for your feeble mind.

Holy shit you're both autistic cunts, leave it in the previous thread

Can I be a waacfag if I play SoB?

>any attempt to roast them after loosing a game
You're the That Guy. Do you seriously think that "people not liking it when I mock them after beating them" is a sign of a that guy? What inbred douche-colony do you come from?

Fair, I retract my comment but I've run into plenty of players that get upset when you don't capitulate turn 3 just because 2/3 of your army are dead.

>be in local tournament as guard
>tau waac player (not a knock against tau as we have two other guys who run kroot and vespids and the like and are generally fun players)
>loose literally half my force after his 1st Turn shooting phase
>tries to gg me
>naw nigga this is Guard
>to the last man and the last round
>miraculously fight him to a draw on objectives with a total of 5 guardsmen on the table
>draw costs him the tournament win which instead goes to our all metal army BA player
>mfw

What exactly is the point of a continuous general with links to the previous and next generals if there is no continuity? Why link to the previous general if not to continue discussions from it?

>Guard, fighting the enemy to a standstill with every body available, just so the Space Marines can swoop in and win the day

Pure pottery

>this is your Emperor for the night

say something nice to her!

>friends giving eachother shit as a sign of being friends

Autism detected

But really I guess I should have clarified these are people who usually don't care about shit talk and welcome it as long as at the end of the day they win

But yeah woohoo you got me

The gaunts need to be in one squad of 30 to make the Tervigon a troop.

Respect

I want someone to make some male Emperor fan-art with a bare abdomen and like a 12-pack.

I guess you could spam exorcists or something

Such is life in the Emperor's service.

Oh shut the fuck up, there's a difference between discussions and pointless arguments between two faggots that just spams up the general and you know it, miss me with these weak excuses nigga

it's an HQ

If he's your friend, why are you trying to mock him if he clearly doesn't enjoy it? You're your own "chaotic that guy." You lack the social skills to properly interact with other people, so you offer stupid logic to make your own social faux pas seem okay.

If you have a shitty attitude and come to the table purely to win then yeah

Ork and nid Waac is rare but real

Also sisters can add some dirt as an ally, and Celestine is pure cheddar

>nb4 "muh thicc waifu isn't actually a sister because no AoF"

This is how I ran every game of Only War. The PCs fought to a man, only to have victory claimed by either SM or their rival regiment from the Harikoni Warhawks, who would literally swoop in on Valks and steal the day.

So now Inferno is out, do we have any information on when IA14 is showing up? Would like some bloops for my Skitarii and the Vulturax and Triaros fix pretty much all the giant holes in the army for casual play. Then I can leave the Cult Mechanicus at home and grab something better looking to deal with Monstrous Creatures.

>pointless arguments between two faggots
Then why are you posting? Prior to your inane whining, there were all of three posts in the discussion in this thread and, what, like four in the last? Get over yourself.

>miss me with these weak excuses nigga
Is that even English?

>MY BLACK CARPACE JUST HARDENED IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

As a guard player myself nothing beats a last stand down to a man, last game I won was because a single guard sergeant regrouped from fleeing then ran onto an objective to get the final point I needed

>cadiawasavenged.vox

>all the giant holes in the army for casual play.
Truly, Skitarii are the most disadvantaged army in the game. Thank goodness FW will be importing all of those completely reasonable FW goodies into 40k for you.

Finally got my boyz out and unpacked, feels good to see them on a table together again, hopefully going to get a pickup game today at my FLGS

now to paint those final lootas and meganobz, probably going to stip those flamer boyz you see too (got them on ebay for a steal tbqh)

You're right, I shouldn't let you b8 me, people will just ignore you and you'll go away, I should know better

>Celestine
>SoB army
>Cheese

What now? Necrons are op and broken?

Celestine is at best a distraction Carnifex. If you could put more than one I would agree on her being cheese

Nid WAACfaggotry is the reason why people say we can't complain about the army. If it ain't Flyrants, you're obviously not trying hard enough.

Literally the best IG games.

Have you played against Celestine in a wolfstar or similar build? Have you played against Celestine at all being run by anyone half competent? She is a huge buff to certain armies and when you do actually play against her you'll see what I mean

>Tfw think the flyrant/mawloc focused army is fun to play
>still hate it because they're supposed to be nids
>know that it'll get killed when they're finally revised.

It's complicated

I know they're just fine at the moment, but playing nothing but light infantry and walkers with no transports is a good way to instantly lose against anyone shooty. Not asking for Tau-level MC spam and such, just the anti-air bloop, a transport and hopefully the Secutarii Axiarch and Ursarax.
I love my tin men, but they aren't particularly varied.

So the game should be centered around being played as fast as possible so you can get back to your cuckmaster wife and her kids and be in bed early so you can be early to work for mr sheklestein?
Go play AoS, it's made for cucks like you.

Flyrant/Mawloc is fun as hell, but on the other hand, I wish the codex had more versatility, and the internal balance to make other army comps viable.

I play my friends Tau with my Orks and I always lose, I know I'll always lose but as long as I kill his commander/one of his riptides I chalk it up as a win.

When playing Orks you just have to give up on the idea you're ever going to win and just make your own fun!

Why don't you just practice what you preach, shitposter? You're the one that instigated this. Either illiterate Thousand Sons user will return to reply or not; you aren't providing anything meaningful, just the pointless bickering that you're hypocritically decrying.

Cuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcukcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcukcuckucckkcuckcuckcuck

>ignoring half of what I said and intentially twisting what I typed knowing that not what I meant

Well you're either looking to get a response out of me or projecting a little because you're pretending you don't know exactly what I mean, or you just have autism, either way I'm not giving you what you want

I said Celestine in a SoB army you twat as was the original question regarding SoB

Then again the problem is not Celestine on her self but the absurd power creep that already exist.

Let's talk about why the Orks will win in the end.

>Strongest race physically
>Best population growth
>Enormous adaptability
>Genetically built to survive best in the war torn universe
>Cannot be permanently destroyed, will always come back, indestructible spores
>If and when they do run out of enemies to fight, they will have accumulated enough territory to have massive infighting Waaaghs, and with each one the winner will be an even bigger variant of Ork until they are all as big and powerful as Krorks
>Eventually this will give rise to a new Beast-like entity who will grant the orks enhanced intelligence
>Eternal Ork Empire reigns and spreads across every inch of the Universe accomplishing more than 'Umies, Panzees, or Greyskins ever could

>You can be the big spoon

Pretty much. Though nidzilla felt viable against people on a casual level before they fucked up intervening model cover for MCs. Now there's literally nothing but the monobuild.

I just want a good reason to spam little gribblies...

Reminder that PrimeOrk fluff is wank.

>Indestructible spores
>Nids can eat them

ebin

>hurr hurr only muh alt right boogeyman says cuck
6/10 I replied

ok ive gone through the posts. What exactly are the options? The familiar he mistook that he couldnt take it, its listed in battlescribe even so i guess he doesnt use it. Fine.
He even wrote that he apparently needs to read up on the rules, and you kept saying "read the rules". Saying that he can roll all powers on biomancy/telepathy didnt really help.
Perhaps read your own posts again?

>So many people defending WAAC tactics and people
>trying to turn it on people calling it out to make them seem like WAACfags

I'm worried what percentage of Veeky Forums would be legit fun people to play 40k with

Let's pretend that you're right and that I'm just baiting you. A stretch, I know, but just bear with me. Why the fuck would you bother responding at all? Just ignore me. Don't respond. Don't post yet another reply, gloating about how you're going to totally stop feeding me (You)'s, just, y'know, after this last one. Just stop.

Anyways, you don't roast someone when they're down, it's just not how it works. Maybe you mean something else, but you're the one coming across as a socially retarded That Guy.

>alt right boogieman
>dying political movement is the Scariest b8 in the ocean
That was pretty funny, tell another one user

I'd say use HoR over GW KT because it allows things like Terminators. GW KT doesn't allow 2+ saves of any kind, and has a few more unit restrictions.