WIP General

Nonce edition

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw [Open]

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU [Open]

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo [Open]
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw [Open]

>Previous Threads:
→ #
→ #
→ #
→ #

Wash user here.

Another user asked if my washes only technique would work on vehicles. The answer is yes, but do to the larger surface area it was left a bit streaky. Easily covered with battle damage and weathering but if you like a clean look it's probably not for you.

>pic related
My stormraven painted using washes for the yellow.

>base Zandri dust
>recess wash seraphim sepia
>liberal wash of cassandora yellow
>liberal glaze of lamentors yellow

Just glossed my ba and am about to sahde then seal it

Am painting his head seperate since he has a face

Tried some more extreme highlights this time, hard to tell with gloss on though

Since it got lost among shitposts last thread:

Progress on designing my Archmagos' torso. Thoughts so far?

Sorry for shitty image but didn't know how to properly show the important parts with the thing lying.

Fuck man love that yellow, by the way how did you do the base? Been thinking about doing something similar for my Iron Warriors.

About finished with basecoating this beast, ork trukk conversion from a half track

Cheers dude!

The base is GWs martian earth texture paint. Then once dried wash with agrax earthshade. Mix an orange/red (whatever colour you prefer) weathering powder with white spirits and dab it into terrain recesses. Finally, once everything is dry stipple weathering powder over the entire thing.

taking ideas on improving it, gray parts are gonna be much darker later on, and gunner not pictured.

looks really good

id work just a little more on the yellow and touch it up a bitch, looks thin in some places

sure thing boss, anything else? this is my first proper conversion ever.

Just finished shading and am alm9st done, gonna add some small highlights

Thinking of doing a power sword effect since its taken me less than an hour to do this guy

This looks amazing, I wish my gw store would allow other companies model because I would do the same.

Starting to basecoat my Looted wagon, what are you guys working on?

Thanks! Amazon has all kinds Tamiya models for sale, this half track model i used was about 12 euros. You should take a look.

oh, and make sure its 1/35 scale, anything smaller is too small for orks

too much paint bro

Nah, it was drying, i just wanted to post something.

Halfway done with sword

Spillee blue paint on him and had to fix it

Finished with the skin I think. Too tired to take on 6 plaguebearers worth of pustules right now so I'll continue tomorrow. They're very bright but the gore, pustules, swords and bases will bring them together when they're done.

My friend just started an Ork army.

What are some of your favorite places to get Ork bits?

Kromlech has quite a few exotic options for Orks

>it's taken me less than an hour
Teach me your secrets.

Base the colour that covers almost the entire miniature...

Any alclad experts here? Is it a known problem that their candies can have some horrific gritty texture?

The super smooth red is candy red, the mess is candy ruby red by itself and mixed with some normal red.

Thing is I can't find any mentions at all online of this issue.

Dem bootays

I mean, mine are about 80% one color and each one (Mark 3) still takes me 3-5 hours.

>ordering more shit
>still have a ton of shit to assemble
>even more to paint

Why am I doing this...

where the fugg did you get all those bits

Well it only looks like he's painted some details then done a brown wash over the whole thing.

I bought an ork trukk a while ago but ended up hating how it looked, so i took a hammer to it. Its all trukk bits except for a few glyph plates.

Kromlech is really great. Gotten several minis and bits from them, and the mold quality is outstanding, along with the sculpts being fun.

I got the Warbus from puppetswar, by comparison, and while I'm happy with it, it had a lot more build issues than any of the Kromlech stuff.

First i zenithal shade, then base in mephiston, then highlight, gloss, line shade with agrax (crimson wasnt bold enough), seal woth matt finish, line highlight just a bit and then do the head

Im actually done and it took me around 1 hour 10 min since i also did the sword, am in class for the next hour so cant upload

Ebay, every now and then ppl sell piles of ork bits for super cheap.

The trick is to actually not just throw down shades since you then need to clean them up after, i gloss it then only put shade in the recesses so i dont have to repaint the areas that are not supossrd to have shade

I'll ask a question first. Did you ever use acrylic paints in that airbrush before you threw your alclad paints through there? Because that looks like something started clumping in the paint, rather than the paint itself being bad...

Lacqueer paint user

so where does /wip/ get its green stuff from? GW is almost certainly a colossal ripoff the way it usually is. But if there's not a hugely better alternative I'll just buy GW

I've bought mine from Wayland Games, but if they don't have it in stock when you order you will be waiting a while.

amazon. kneadatite. you'll get more than you ever need.

m8 there's like a zillion distributors?

element games pull the same shit

Honestly just buy any type of ork vehicle like a battlewagon and it comes with a shitton of bits to make it orky

No no, I have yet to shoot them through my airbrush. I'm waiting to get my respirator first, so I just used a brush to slap it on an old spoon I had to check out the colors.

Both got a minute of vigorous shaking, both applied with the same brush. The candy red goes perfectly on, the candy ruby red turns into that gritty mess.

Also I doubt it's a poor reaction to the paint under, because on the ceramic tile I used it also dried exactly the same way.

Alclad needs to be thinned with a proper thinner (enamel/lacquer) like at least 1:1. Are you using it unthinned?

That's the reason Vallejo Metallic Color is popular: it's acrylic and needs far less thinning than the messy Alclads.

He real question is why are you using laquer paint?

Looks nice and clean even before shading. The highlights were well done, it makes the model not flat but I wouldn't have known you highlighted it unless you told me or pointed out the brighter red parts. This is the kind of realistic lighting that miniature painting shoots for.

>airbrushed/10

old business is just old business

It's unthinned, but you're not supposed to thin Alclad. At the very least I've never seen anyone do that, and they certainly don't get this weird effect.

Because why not? It's a beautiful transparent color that is different from, and that I like more than tamiya and minitaire.

Thanks user, the pre shading i did under all the red helped a lot, usually dont do it for infantry but im thinking of doing it from now on

Because its toxic, expensive, and harder to work with with no real benefit

Had a pretty productive day basecoating with the airbrush yesterday.

My bad you are right I was thinking of another brand. Alclad even says if you thin it you might fuck up the mix! Definitely don't listen to me.

I paint like a retard, but at least i paint

After botching one of these back in 2015 when I was new to the hobby, I look forward to maybe doing a decent job of this one

Doom Minis?

Umm, hi sweeties. can someone say something constructive about my fire warrior?

>uses citadel plastic glue

Was gonna say something nice but just no

Yeah from the 2004 version

>tfw no ctrl-z

Anyone else here into painting zomnicide minis?

Thin your paints

No, that's not just a meme. It looks like parts of your model have the texture of sandpaper

Posting more of my custodes. Just "finished" my third aquilon terminator. Criticisms/suggestions before I move on to regular squads?

I thought you guys told me to support my FLGS

it was the spray """primer""". Gave me a bubbly texture because I sprayed too close.

>tfw no ctrl + v

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on mixed armor marks?

I'm running Inquisition-allied Space Marines, and for visual distinction's sake, I'm thinking about using Deathwatch Mk8 torsos on my veteran sergeants and my Captain (the Blackshield version in the latter case). It's on Mk2/Mk3 armor, which lorewise isn't easily compatible... But they've got a robust team of techmarines and artificiers that could adapt the pattern with a lot of work, fluffwise. The Mk3 parts do fit, I've already test fitted them to check.

Also, that strip of ammo is placed where the firewarrior couldn't possibly ever reach it and therefore looks silly

Shoulda read the instructions

Remove it then and apply again, is pretty easy

Quick paint job I did. Whatcha think?

1/2

I have no problems with that paintjob or model.

Duncan? Is that you buddy?

Nice scheme

2/2

Not bad how long did it take you

~Give or take 5 hours.
Skin turned out nice and I felt the rest of the model deserved the same attention.

look clean - fine work

>5 hours
>on a grot
>singular
I salute you user. I know I couldn't.

Oh yeah. I had invited as a guest painter to a local hobby event. Nobody came except this one guy. 40+. kicked back and then recited everything Duncan does.

I couldn't help but think.... Dude, please just leave.
Then my focus fell on this little grot after mucking about with some nurglings.

Throwing this out there again, finally figured out what torso the creator used. Just regular cataphractii terminator parts cut down.

why does everyone like this conversion so miuc

is this the holy grail of conversion work?

In the middle of painting up a test model for my Sylvaneth, still got loads of stuff to do to it. I'm leaning towards giving up and stripping it though, the grey doesn't seem like it's going to work very well as a main body colour.
If I do carry on i'm unsure about what colour to do the scythe and the bug on her shoulder

I diddn't drybrush the skin and i'm beginning to think that maybe I should have because it just looks reaaaly flat to me

I want to achieve same colour as pic related (it's going to be a scheme to my Stormcast army).
In tutorial, an artist was using Hawk Turqoise form old GW palette. Atm it's Sotek Green which is too dark imo.

Any recommendations which colour I could use? I thougt about AP Hydra Turquoise, but I've never used AP paints before.

It's because like 90% of the GW/FW line for chaos/nurgle is just dogshit. That's just good mini design with attention to detail, save the chest tubes that are a bit unsightly.

Check out Vallejo and Reaper lines of paint, they have look alikes.

they're so colorful, user... i love them!

THIN
get rid of those lumps, user.

Just finished tvis guy took me an bour and fifteen give or take

1/2

looking really good, user!! what colors did you use for the skin?

2/2

Sorry for shitty lighting sun just set

Maybe
:^)

This might be a weird question but can anyone recommend a good lamp? One that doesn't get too hot or blind me while painting.

just use a variable led lamp.

Please explain your method of achieving totally dank red tinted canopies

I just used tamiya clear red spray. Couple of coats either side and bobs your uncle.

>that perfectly shaved bald head
dauym

Neat, thanks!

Hit that service stud, player. Looks nice.

i could add stubble but

A.) i dont want to fuck it up since im busy
B.) if i fuck it up i have to fix it because im a bit of a perfectionist

Working on a warband for Mordheim, gonna play as Carnival of Chaos.

Anyone got some tips/pointers?
Will be my first time playing Mordheim.

Sorry for the crap picture.

no no, leave it, it looks pretty fucking badass. :D
The only thing it's missing is a cool anime shine effect.

>tips?
ya next time post the pic