Modern Masters Spoilers thread

Lmao Red getting bent. Also, I am just going to say this is a good set. I hated MM15 and EM, but this is good. Good reprints, good box value spread around the rarities. I think Wizards did a good job with this. Really hope all the boxes don't get hoarded and sold at 500 a piece.

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzfeed.com/vincent/the-18-people-you-meet-playing-magic-the-gathering?utm_term=.er52PozVV#.yoZk6Rxzz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>The property loses all value with no players.

Then why are Vintage cards worth anything at all?

>Really hope all the boxes don't get hoarded and sold at 500 a piece.
That is EXACTLY what's going to happen.

How many black lotuses exist?

These are literally two of five red mythics in existence. The other ones are Thundermaw, Stormbreath and and Inferno, with the forelast not being in pring range for mm yet and the last not getting released without his brothers.

Red's not getting bent. Red never had any actually good mythics. Most good red cards are burn spells and uncommon/sometimes rare creatures.

I hope the production is high enough where that won't matter

When's the last time a Alpha Black Lotus sold?

Good luck finding a buyer for your super expensive vintage shit.

Glad to see my post quoted.

Vintage is unique because it's supply is absurdly tiny, so any amount of demand combined with collectors wanting stuff like P9 results in thousand dollar cards.

Unless the reserve list dies. There's no telling exactly what would happen then.

>players shell out a thousand bucks on their modern decks
>WotC reprints every modern staple, plummeting the value of all the card
>redditors rejoice
>demand for new product plummets as players recognize the cards will be reprinted anyways and lose all value
>players start leaving the game en masse
>only whales stay, like Yu-gi-oh players
>MTG dies
>redditors find other games and hobbies to ruin

>telling people they're redditors for not wanting to spend 1000's of dolars on cardboard
Have a couple (You)'s.

That's a real slippery slope you got there, fucko

Noble Heirarch pls

I said no way they print goyf and lili, but the madmen did it, so who knows

>cardboard investors finally getting blown the fuck out

>I like to pretend im playing the stock market with a fucking children's card game.
>I get ass blasted when WOTC reprints stuff to make a shit ton of money, because at the end of the day, like they have said a million fucking times, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE SECONDARY MARKET!
>Seriously, they said this a million times, and i did not believe them because im a fucking idiot.

Man these bitch tears are fucking AMAZING!

I wanna build GW hatebears, resurgence is in so we're almost there

>like they have said a million fucking times, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE SECONDARY MARKET!
I'm not on the side of investors either, but they've said the exact opposite so far.

If they reprint Through the Breach we good. I don't have a lot of hope for it but who knows. Probably too much to hope for but I'm happy with the set anyway.

REEEEEPRINT NOBLE

Sorry but I highly doubt only one splice card getting into the set. That mechanic got to shine in og MM and it does not seem like the'll bring it back now.

>These are literally two of five red mythics in existence.

Well that's just factually incorrect. Incredibly so.

Hey shit fuck, go collect Baseball cards if you want an investment. I hear Babe Ruth's will NEVER get reprinted.

The word good got lost there but I think the point still should get across. But yeah, point.

Ekhm.

These are literally two of five good red mythics in existence.

Set looks pretty great, only thing it lacks is Archangel of Thune, Bolt and Serra Ascedant IMO.

It's a "COLLECTIBLE" card game
Not a "GAME" of collecting cards
What don't you poor faggots understand about that? Can't wait to hoard 500 of these fucking cases to make you faggots all get your orders canceled and have to pay 500 for a fucking pack, worthless cucks

Sure pay 1000 bucks a box only to get your as blown out from under you on the WOTC "reprint", you piece of human filth.

You forgot your name, finance faggot

Much rather have lava spike due to the price

>aw shit my smug bait isn't working, let's try an angry one to piss them off

kys my man your bait is weak af

how about you silly cunts start putting "MtG" on the titles of the MtG related threads?

I would argue for Warren Instigator, Purphoros, Koth, and the newest Chandra but you're entitled to your opinion.

WHat about all the people who play mtg because they like to play MTG?

>there's no telling
You clearly know nothing about Vintage. Look at MODO Vintage dumbass.

Also I want to add to this, what have you fucking faggots ever done for wizards? Spent 100 on a booster? Drafted a couple times? You're fucking nothing, you're all fucking worthless, the reserved list is still there for a fucking reason, cause collectors spend 1000x more money than any of you broke penniless faggots with your fucking modern tribal decks. Can't wait until Everyone like me hordes these to the point where Wizards can't ever reprint a card again, fuck all you faggots.

Fom where all these (((rudytors))) are coming from?

Nowhere, it's just bait user

This isn't entirely wrong; a strong secondary market supports the primary market and keeps it afloat.

The issue is, the secondary market is 'too strong.' The low supply is drastically lowering the demand, much more so than the demand that would be lost "[when] players recognize the cards will be reprinted anyways."

This, by the way, is why WotC is pushing Limited so hard. By reducing the strength of the secondary market, many people will be less willing to buy from the primary market for the sake of pulling a valuable card (lottery pack mentality). If WotC can sell packs as a Limited product, where some of the packs price is represented in the value of being able to play Draft or Sealed (almost like a service), then people will be more willing to buy packs at full price, even though their secondary market value is lower.

Nigga you're trying too hard. Christ this bait is visible from space.

Warren instigator only looks good, it never saw any play. It's too expensive at 2
Purphoros is nothing that great. It's commander playable.
I'll give you Koth and Chandra, and even add Oath of the Gatewatch chandra. I'll admit now that I did not consider planeswalkers. Still, they're doing 2 walkers each masters set it seems so that was not an option.

Moreover I hate planeswalkers as a concept but that's just me.

>16000 "Collectors" spend money on the secondary market, which gives Wizards no money directly.
VS
>10 MILLION people whom spend 100 bucks a box per set release, sometimes 2-3 times that.

I want you to do the math investorfag.

So what's left on everyone's wishlists? I'm personally hoping for doubling season and some more burn staples.

NOBLE
O
B
L
E

Sure, he's being mean but WOTC just screwed investors badly.

Purphoros is actually played in a T3 modern deck.

If this can drop junk to $1000 I'm buying in. So gimme Bob.

I want to see my playset of Scapeshifts plummet in value. Seriously there are like 4 guys at my store that wanna run R/G Scapeshift, and i don't have the cars to lend them.

Especially cuz im on RUG Spaceshift that that MU is insanely in my favor.

Good. If you want to invest in shit go to the fucking stock exchange, not a trading card game.

It all depends on the printing user. We still have nothing on how much of this product is being made.

Investors who are really upset about this deserve the wake up call anyway.

>10 million players spending 100 dollars a box
Fucking LMAO, the average customer at my shop spends maybe 50 dollars a fucking year here, and that's hardly ever on sealed product. You're a stupid fucking faggot and have no diea how the real world works.

Finks, chord, bauble.

I already got voice and blood moon, so I'm happy so far. BUT LET'S SEE HOW FAR WE CAN GO.

>

Vial is my #1 gimme. They already made Cavern upshifted to mythic, so finishing off Bant Eldrazi isn't going to be as cheap as I was hoping.

Doubling Season would be nice, but it's not really a modern card at all. They should just give it out as an FNM promo to get people in shops.

>my anecdotal evidence means your wrong
Kys my man

I can finally play Modern then?
Which deck is the most cheap? Stompy?

Go look up how much money is spent on sealed product then go look up how much is spent on TCG then we can talk

Tee hee hee. A mirion thanks, mister Junior Warren Buffett. Thanks to you, soon I will be rich.

Ok shithead, if that was not the truth, maybe not in YOUR shop but at many shops, the MTG would not make anywhere near the amount of money for WOTC that it does.

Seriously go fucking kill your family and yourself. Creatures like you should not be allowed to breed your genetic defect into the human genepool.

Burn is gonna get really cheap with gob guide and it's an actual deck.

Go look up how much money actual players spend on the game vs. investors and then we can talk.

What does Veeky Forums think of this?
buzzfeed.com/vincent/the-18-people-you-meet-playing-magic-the-gathering?utm_term=.er52PozVV#.yoZk6Rxzz

Hey guys, what's happening in this thread?

buy a case of mm17
then make the deck(s) you get the most pieces for

>Buzz feed
Trash

How does Wizard's cum taste, you little bitch?

lmao no

>giving clicks to buzzfeed
no

what the fuck is wrong with this guy's eyes?

archive

They're tired from counting all that money nigga

is Rudy woke to the JQ?
or is he the JQ?

Yeah. It is common knowledge that people that make a lot of money always set up a patreon account. For shits and giggles, you know

The difference between MODO and paper is the reserve list bubble. MODO gets to circumvent the reserve list because it's digital.

According to MaRo and other insiders, not trashing the RL has something to do with some unspoken legal agreement and Wizards not wanting to get sued.

I'd much rather see it gone, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Noble Hierarch

>players start leaving the game en masse
>Oh no I can play the game I like more, better quit now.
It's like you don't even talk to people you play with.

>Hasbro, a company worth $12.6 billion, is scared of a few basement grognards and wannabe investors ganging up on them because they reprinted a bunch of cards.

I'd like to see another ravager printing. Lava spike, rift bolt.

>players buying cards are buying them to collect dust instead of with the primary desire to play

I'd say BTFO, but the only collectors these days are storeowners, and they're going to make a fortune charging 100% markup for boxes of Modern Masters anyways.

Merchant Scroll

>HASBRO
vs
>16000 "investors" over an UNSIGNED, UNSPOKEN agreement made 20 years ago.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nigga Wizards doesn't kill the Reserved List because they care about their company image and want to maintain that image.

If you could literally get free money for doing shit that you were going to do anyways, why wouldn't you?

Horizon Canopy

WotC would face no liability from breaking the reserved list.

1. There was no consideration for the promise, so it was not a valid contract or legal agreement
2. The only legal argument for enforcement is promissory estoppel. Collectors would have to show that they relied on the promise of Wizards to their detriment. Damages would be limited to the depreciated card value.
3. Wizards is capable of reprinting cards without lowering market prices, especially in a format with as small a playerbase as vintage and legacy.
4. Prices would actually spike initially for all the new legacy players a broken reserved list could generate.
5. Collectors would have no basis for suit. Because after the reserved list was broken, they would have been able to sell their stock before the price fell.
6. Even if collectors could somehow sue WotC, the amount of money WotC could make by selling legacy staples would far eclipse the value of any lawsuit.

I agree it's dumb as shit they'd be worried about """investors""'.

The public image thing makes sense. But what happens when the majority of their userbase want the RL gone? Would it be a net gain in public image for doing what the majority wants or would it be a net loss due to lost faith in a now antiquated agreement?

I agree with you. I want the RL gone.

Plus, collectors wouldn't take total losses since there will still be desire for the OG cards. Like how old artwork is sometimes worth more, like Urza's Saga Sneak Attack.

literally only retards think that breaking the reserved list could result in a lawsuit. They have changed it before with commons and uncommons and could do it again with no problems except company image and old fag players crying on the internet about how they arn't special anymore for having the only black lotus on their local area fuck em reprint them it wont even lower the price because of fucking nostalgia fucking balance is like 100 for the original and 2 quid for the reprint people are fucking retarded

No, no, you are right. All the oil sheiks have patreon accounts. Same thing with pro athletes and Hollywood actors. Like you said, it's free money.

At some point, you should realize Rudy is taking all of you for fools.

It is not a question of public image.

The RL is good for the business model that Hasbro has established for MtG. The minute that changes, the RL could go away.

The issue isn't really with "investors" I don't think. It's mostly with "vendors". They are the ones who buy tons and tons of sealed product in order to get the latest chase cards, as well as the ones who buy valuable reserved eternal cards for sale. They have Wizards by the balls because they're who they get the most money from, game stores, not places like walmart or whatever. Wizards doesn't want to threaten their bottom line in a big way. Whether or not the fear is warranted or not is another issue, but there's a fucked up symbiotic relationship game stores and vendors have forged with Wizards that really backs them int oa corner. I desperately hope one day the reserved list is abolished so I can potentially get my hands on those cards, but I don't know if wizards has the guts to cut those ties and if they actually can successfully. it's not really about getting sued or anything. Hasbro couldn't lose. But game stores also probably can't survive without purchasing wizards products for sale. So who knows.

>300 dollars already with 67 sold
lmao good night

because places like TCG are just gunna not buy magic cards and let Walmart pick up the slack with players do you think about the shit that comes out of your mouth sometimes??? TCG will be mad but the cards wont go down in price if anything they may go up due to increased interest in vintage and legacy. like a said if you think a card shop would stop stocking magic to spite wizards especially if they reprinted all the reserved list your are literally stupid and don't know how business works fuck off and die

Like candy from a baby. People are dumb

Wizards could set up distribution networks through online retailers and be fine. Most LGS would probably go out of business if they decided to stop selling magic.

>yfw everyone who preordered a box for less than 260 gets it canceled

YFW people whos orders gets cancelled on ebay get that shop shut down

I just feel like if you are a vendor and you are sitting on your underground seas and your mox sapphires and WotC actually announces something like "hey the reserved list is gone we will slowly start introducing reprinting reserved list card into our sets". I can guarantee the value of that guys Seas and Sapphires won't be worthless overnight, they might take a bit of a hit but I think longer term it would actually be more healthy. More investors would start buying them, more players would start wanting them, they would move around a lot more.