Lets talk about Wakfu/Dofus

Lets talk about Wakfu/Dofus
Will you guys rather play a tabletop version of the MMO or or play any other game but set on the world of twelve?
What is a good source for lore and places if I want to run a game on that setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwYGAOCgtks
mega.nz/#!r4FWWCiY!ZTzds9pfpwz-BV3peDT1Y2jOR4b1qUU-jUe2l-FyppQ
swfchan.com/21/102657/?wakfu.swf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would play anything that works for the setting, no matter whether it was tailor-made, adapted, or just happened to fit.

Pretty sure there's a Wiki for all your lore needs.

It doesn't matter because Ankama will no doubt find a way to fuck it up.

Bump

It has a race/class of people that use magic cards and dice to do battle. Frankly for a long time that was the sole, single reason i played the game. Yes i am that shallow.

It's really a shame they just can't manage to make a good game with this setting and art style.

you mean like that actual PVP board game they made that plays like the video game, except physical?

or do you mean the world setting, written up so you can play a traditional role-playing experience in it?

I'm trying to turn Tunnels & Trolls into a Dofus era game.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to simplify all the classes and their spells into a coherent game?

It would be easier to make your own game, than adapt another.

Should a game reflect the game lore or the Cartoons/Comics?

The game you're talking about is called Krosmaster but I've never played it
If it is good I will stock to it but I just want to run a game on the wakfu universe

Dofus classes? What is giving you troubles exactly?

What's the difference?

yes i've played that Krosmaster Arena board game before.

it's literally all the rules of the MMO with movement and combat and such, put into a board game.

Every class has about 50 spells each with 5 levels, and it is a nightmare trying to differentiate them or collate spells together into something usable.

Setting, the mmo is trash.

NOT the mmo.
The MMO pisses me off because my time mage is a damage dealing class, and not a TIMEFUCKING class.
I would gladly do like no damage a round if I could fuck over someone else into having no rounds.

Oh well, How about coming with new spells that look and feel like the ones from the mmo?

Shit, now I need to get into that game.

Every time I see that gif this song plays in my head
youtube.com/watch?v=uwYGAOCgtks
Tom Tom Club was a band of white girls playing funk and you can feel the white-girlness on the song

>said no one ever

That sounds sweet, can I see what you have so far?

It's been over 10 years since Ankama did anything right.

It's scribbled over 5 pages of notes, but it involved trying to trim the level range and associated bonuses down, break T&T's Combat Adds into Attack and Defense. Then convert spells for each class.

I've hit a block with the last part.

Sadly I'm not familiar enough with T&T to help but godspeed you

Bump

fuck, i'd play anything, but i dislike the mmo

It does squad sized, specialized classes, grid based tactical combat, with emphasis on positioning and teamwork, right?

I may have just the thing...

but it's also a extream clusterfuck, with a lot of combos that were hard to figure out, a fuck ton of grinding (worse than most mmos i played) and fairly hard to get into when you were a new player.

If you want all that, refluffed 4e.

If not, Strike!

frankly, the mmo is not that much in sync with the show. The powerlevel a very diferent and you dont really feel like a noblebright epic level charecter who dose some shenanagins for the lulz from time to time. If i was ever to play a wakfu game, i'd make it in a very rules light setting that allows for a lot of player rules-making like fate or something like that

Right, you gotta know what you and your players are going for, the show and the game are pretty different.

this may be personal, but i would never really want to play a game set in the mmo reality of wakfu. The reason why the show was so fun for me was, aside from the fact that it did like everything right, was the happy-go-lucky, noble bright as fuck feel of it. I want to beat a gigantic sword-deamon into sumbmission by head butting him and thus making him too swole, not wonder if i shold use the wind totem+earth arow for the two turn stun or wind totem+explosive arrow for the x3 dmg

>10 years
>bathing episode
>those stills
Naw, son.

Bathing episode?

20 minutes

Bump

I would play in that world without a second thought.

I'd even play an ____ERP__ game to play around in the World of Twelve.

annon, everyone one would play a wakfu ERB

If someone wanted to watch the show, where should they go?

piratebay?

Netflix

Do you mind streaming?

Suppose I said yes. What then?

I'v heard nyaa has most of it

That's surprising. Seems they got both season 1 and season 2. Thanks user.

After that watch the Nox's OVA and Ogrest's OVA, then watch Dofus and after that watch the main Wakfu OVAs

I forgot to mention but watch it subbed, the english dub is abyssmal

I would but they don't seem to be grouped with either dofus or wakfu in nyaa.

An episode where, for a single frame, you can see a fourteen year old brown girls nipple.

Someone tried making one ith a system called H.I.P.S. years ago, it might be on 1d4chan. Don't know how far they got.

Is it this one?

Yep. In the next part where Amalia slips in if you go frame by frame you can see her nipple. Check just below the curl on the fruit bowls' handle.

:(

Head over to /aco/ and see official boobage.

Ah shit, I've actually been looking for their official character sketches.

If you're gonna watch the Nox special, which everyone should, watch it at about episode 20 for the best impact.

I have a shitload of sfw ones. I'll upload a zip if you give me a couple minutes.

Here you go.

mega.nz/#!r4FWWCiY!ZTzds9pfpwz-BV3peDT1Y2jOR4b1qUU-jUe2l-FyppQ

Sweet, thanks user.

I've always like the Feca.
Why do other people think that they're boring shield mages?

No lore or fetish potential

Redpill me on Feca user, why do they wear the shield.

Their name will never not remind me of fecal matter.

Thanks user.

Literally anything. Wakfu is my jam and I can barely contain my anticipation boner for season 3.

I wouldn't mind another season of Kerubim. Their art and animation are at their most polished there and everything looks and feels perfect. The next movies cannot come soon enough.

It is my dream that we get a series that's revolves around older Joris and Lillotte adventuring while raising young Kerubim and Atcham. Maybe have Karkass tag along for a while because boufball season is over.

>you were born just in time for the age of dofus-kino

Isn't the point of Wakfu to go out and find a bunch of new islands and build your own little kingdom on it?

Now I didn't get far into the MMO but I don't think that had anything to do with it. Would be cool though.

Pirates, privateering and other ship based shenanigans would fit right into a Wakfu game. Finding an island with resources to export and setting up your own port town would be fun as fuck.

That sounds fucking great. I would like that and one that was the equivalent for Wakfu with Chibi, Groug, Elely, Flopin and Ogrest going on adventures.

I played AP-drain and field control Xelor in Wakfu, worked pretty well. Granted, I dropped the game around sixtish levels because my group got bored, so I didn't try him in PvP, but during raids my time fuckery helped the team a lot.

....see, this is why Iike wakfu. Girls going nuts over another girl stripping. That's just fun.

They are going nuts over a male boufball champion flexing though.

Boufballers get all the pussy.

can amerianimation even compete?

W H O R E S
H
O
R
E
S

Frank Miller would be proud.

>it's a wakfu thread
Time to boot up that old Zone flash again.

This is the country that rated Fifty Shades of Grey as suitable for twelve year olds.

NSFW

i wouldn't let 12 YO's read it.

because it's trash.

well you cant just say that and not link it

>wat is google

>swfchan.com/21/102657/?wakfu.swf

nigger is it really hard to google 'wakfu zone'?

Oh god it's true.
Why france is so lewd?

>Why france is so lewd?

They never had Protestants i.e. the Christian Fun Police.

It is good setting.

Can lend itself to any number of game types.

Eniripsa a cute.

>Who is Henry IV of france, the post