Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1370: Super Jumperman Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3cwyG8krXyU
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50257358/#50264400
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDXzZUQ0drWWFTbWM/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What jumps offer the best sneks?

I'd argue Caragors are more like Cats.

Get one of those talking dog collars from Disney Jump, go to the Up part of the universe.

lots of wolves with lots of templates in D&D
there are like 4 different kinds of space dogs in warframe
scrape up some DNA from Matt drawback Wolf in age of ice
whalewolf from lost Valley of dinosaurs
Ben 10 has some space dogs as well
metal gear rising revengeance has a mechanical wolf
dark souls has the arboreal dancer
rWhat they said
dark souls has the boreal darkYou know those wolves and dogs from classical mythology? they are in Percy Jackson, go get them

fate/ has primate murder who is the killingist dog you're likely going to find

eclipse phase has smart dogs although you might have to make those yourself.

Marvel jumps usually have lockjaw who is a joint teleporting dog/member of the inhuman Royal family. As well as Cosmo , who is a psychic dog , working as chief of security for knowhere , though I'm not sure what uplifted him.
Kamen Rider Ryuki probably has dog themed mirror monsters.
Terraria has a puppy that comes when you call it
Undertale has dog as a class of monster
young justice has a genetically modified Wolf that can keep pace with their fake Superman
mega man classic has treble who is a robot Wolf that can join systems with bass
data dogs from cowboy bebop
Green Lantern animated has hope corgi if memory serves
the adorable animal option from Dan versus can be used for a dog
do we have a Final_Fantasy_VII jump? Red 13 is in there and he is decently wolflike
there are mutated combat dogs in resident evil. I know that much
secret of evermore has a pretty good dog.
Iggy from JoJo's bizarre adventure has a decent stand
there are dogs in Chronicles of Narnia, but you are going to need a pod
blood-borne has some mutant dogs
you can build your own dog with the perks in EVO
direwolves from a song of fire and ice.
The upcoming spore jump will let us make the sequel to dogs

Bravely Default has one that eats the ground, but its not really one you want.
Naruto has a pedosnek, but thats not a good snek.

You can become a giant snek in Redwall.

Jumper’s Wild [600 - Discount for Wild Card] - The Rouse Card system is humanity’s way of utilizing the sealed Undead and their unique powers. By partially fusing with a Category Ace Undead and channeling the powers of the other Undead through the device, one can become a Kamen Rider and fight these undying monsters head-on. Your unique nature has been applied to this - you have not only an in-depth understanding of the Rouse Card system, but you can adapt the system to work on other supernatural creatures. If you can capture a ‘base form’ creature to use as a Category Ace, you may transform into a unique Kamen Rider based on this species, and capture other variations of the same species for different card effects similar to the Rouse Cards, perhaps even things akin to Fusion Jack and Evolution King.

This is not without risks, however. The fusion system requires both a fearless state of mind and strong willpower - creatures that greatly overpower the user can take over their bodies, or even forcefully fuse with them wholesale if the process is botched hard enough. This is almost never beneficial for the user, in case it needs to be said. You must also be able to defeat and bring such creatures to near-death before sealing them, much like the Undead themselves.

I call this 'goddamn I am bad at not making Kamen Rider jumps top-heavy Digger please help.'

So does it look like this in Wu Xia if I chose Everyone Was Kung Fu Fighting?

youtube.com/watch?v=3cwyG8krXyU

sorry that was meant for sorry that was meant for

XCOM2 has an option that lets you become a Viper.

Hi everyone. Can i ask, was there somone either remaking the Toriko jump, or the original author has come back and said they were updating it?

Alright /jc/. Quick question for you all’s regarding World of Warcraft and the companion section. Namely - regarding the host of OC’s, premade options, and other such things you wouldn’t have ordinarily found in the world.

Example of a few I’ve come up with before I get to the questions:
-Shen-Zin Su Lite, a sapient and talkative turtle who starts off big enough to carry a tauren, and can grow larger and larger - kind’ve like how Shen-Zin Su became the Wandering Isle.
-Troll stable master, overenthusiastic and loves all overly-gigantic animals even when getting smushed, has the deeply-hidden potential to become a Dinomancer.
-Pandaren Lorewalker, is a klutz in the kitchen and… well, most other places, but is enthusiastic about exploring and has a knack for finding hidden ruins, lost and mysterious locales, and other archaeological findings. Also is good about organization and can serve well as a librarian or museum curator.

Now, my questions are: A) any other kind of companions people would like to see?
and
B) Would you prefer these guys come with names pre-packaged, or with a Generic Descriptor?

the original author said he's Going to update and add DLC

Toriko-user has said he's updating it.

That's lovely, thank you both. Thats definitely something worth looking forward to.

He didn't happen to give an idea as to when, did he?

Sweet. Does this guarantee that cool "fwa-ta-ta-ta-ta" sound effect when Rouse Cards get thrown? Because I love that sound effect, and as far as I can tell it's impossible to get without foley work. It's never happened for me with real cards.

Dragons. People love dragons.

>inb4 Terraformers Questions, part 2
So what if I use Orikan as a base form creature? /s

Then you make damn sure never to get an Evolution King card, or he'll probably break free like what happened with Leangle and the Spider Undead.

What's your opinion on Gorgons?

...I was joking. I was making fun of the retarded questions we got when mosaic organs were all the rage.

Holy shit why would a Necron count as a creature.

That snek has very large tits.

Cute Girls.
A legitimately strong and heroic Murloc.
Death Knight who wants to be a Paladin again

Names Pre-packaged, because I am terrible at coming up with names.

Totally.
You achieve the power to pretentiously monologue about your keikaku.

I figured you were joking. I just wanted to talk about the events of Kamen Rider Blade because they're cool. Sorry for using you as a leaping-off point.

>is a klutz
Not someone I would want handling potentially fragile artifacts.

As the WoW user can attest to

Its leagues better than it being handled by gnomes

>Totally.
Magnificent. You're doing the Stone of Sealing's work, Heavens.

Sneks don't have tits.
Those must be tumors.
Poor sick snek.

Don't worry, they're venom sacks.

Such swollen venom glands must be very painful for her, though. She probably has an infection, for them to get so large. So again, poor sick snek.

Do the Proxy or Created/Imported Cryptid companions for that matter in Generic Creepy pasta have the effects of the Monstrous Drawback? I want to use my proxy as. . . well a proxy.

It's meant to be a joke along the lines of those characters who are clumsy and derpy at most other things that people generally find easy, yet are HYPER-COMPETENT in one specific set of fields.

And it’s better off than gnomes or goblins.

Ride The Wind [100 - Free for BOARD Member] - A Kamen Rider of BOARD, whether you are one yourself, needs to arrive on the scene quickly to confront the Undead wherever they surface. And what better way is there to get around than on a motorcycle? You are now a talented motorcycle rider, and can do stunts with one very easily without much risk to yourself.

Discard & Draw [200 - Discount for BOARD Member] - There are times where you must push forward with hot-blooded determination, and times you must be cold as ice in your decisions. Like the turn of a card, you’ve learned how to tap into this. You now have the ability to get your emotions worked up into a frenzy, bringing your determination and boiling blood up to the surface at will, giving you the stubbornness to push forward against a task. You can also let yourself become calm, careful, controlled, and pragmatic in your emotions - able to carry out the most stomach-churning of actions without skipping a beat. You may flip between either states at will, or cancel them out immediately. Try not to wear yourself out from stress, though.

>wanting to explore a rich setting without having fiat kill you for no reason
>powerwanking
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Goddangit.
It's not a problem, I'll fix my build after you update the jump.

jumpers have you ever got an unexpected person who insisted they come with you as a companion?

I thought you were going to remove the gender limit on the CPU Memory?
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50257358/#50264400

>-Shen-Zin Su Lite, a sapient and talkative turtle who starts off big enough to carry a tauren, and can grow larger and larger - kind’ve like how Shen-Zin Su became the Wandering Isle.
Awesome.

>A) any other kind of companions people would like to see?
RwlRwlRwlRwl! Mrrrggglll.

Anyway, the obviously correct answer out of the way... I'd like a dapper Worgen who really likes earscratches, or a haughty Blood Elf mage/warlock who possibly secretly enjoy being treated like a petulant child, or a pair of Gnome and Goblin inventors trying to outdo each other?

The Tauren Chieftains band?

Also, seconding this. Dragons are cool.

>B) Would you prefer these guys come with names pre-packaged, or with a Generic Descriptor?
Either is good.

Only semi-relatedly, I'm wondering how you'll be handling Hunter pets and Warlock demons?

Grail-Kun from Carnival Phantasm hitched a ride on my Warehouse when we left so we're stuck with him.

>-Pandaren Lorewalker, is a klutz in the kitchen and… well, most other places, but is enthusiastic about exploring and has a knack for finding hidden ruins, lost and mysterious locales, and other archaeological findings. Also is good about organization and can serve well as a librarian or museum curator.

Nomi?

Also, could we get some E.T.C (Elite Tauren Chieftain)?

>CAPTCHA, a banana with "frontal lube here" on it.

>A wild horned hermit has forced her way into your party!

I had only intended to bring along Reimu and Yukari, yet that nagging fake sennin found a way to tag along upon finding out. As it turned out teasing an oni is not such a great idea when they end up snapping. Now I have a slightly crazy nagging ascetic along for the ride.

Amaterasu for Stalwart Tiger.
He only recently admitted he considers her a friend.

I should probably continue him later today, but I have 2 weeks of youtube stuff to catch up on.

>Can become a rider based on other creatures
Well, now we need to get a Dragon Quest jump. I want to TURN UP some slimes.

Jump # 228 Black Dynamite
Background: Drop In (0)
Perks:
*Can you dig it (0)
*Smack wiped off the streets (300)
*Keeping the girls up in Kung Fu (100)
*Dynamite! Dynamite! (0)
Equipment:
*Militant Beret (0)
*Wardrobe (50)
*Orphanage (150)
*Brothel (200)
Companions
*Companions (200)

There are certain moments in a jump which define it. For this jump it was waking up in an orphanage with orphans rummaging through my pockets looking for money for drugs. Maybe this was Karma for the breaking bad jump; At first I was confused, then I got angry, very angry… I managed to surpress my rage long enough to set about cleaning up the Orphanage. I cleansed the drugs out of the kids systems and started to teach them various things from my travel. Magic, Technology, Super martial arts; Here would be the cradle of my new world.

Then I headed out I began taking down every drug dealer that I could find. Normally I am much more merciful but I just started turning people in to frogs. These people no longer deserved to be human so it was a kinder fate than they probably deserved.

(to be continued)

Oddly enough with me as his new chief of staff he turned out to be a pretty decent President. There were a few strange things like his picture on the flag snorting cocaine but we legalized drugs and got free healthcare, free collage for residents and a balanced tax code getting rid of sales tax and pumped a lot of money in to infrastructure and helping the poor.

During my travels to bring justice to the city My companions and I ran in to Black Dynamite. At first he was rather skeptical of our abilities but he quickly came to respect our ability to handle ourselves. So we joined forces with him.

We cleaned up the streets then stumbled on to a conspiracy to shrink black men’s genitals with malt liquor. It took us to some place called Kung fu Island. I just let Snowflame have fun and told him to leave whoever looked like they were in charge alive. It took about 20 minutes but he dragged out some old guy who looked like an ancient kung fu master. It turns out that the Government was behind it, this went all the way to the top… also Snowflame had accidently made the island start to sink so we had to take off quickly. I turned the old guy in to a frog to make sure he would survive… yeah that’s the reason.

Our next stop was the white house, as expected resistance would have been heavy… however do to Tamamo they all spontaneously fell in to a deep sleep. We busted our way in to the white house, fought our way through the secret service, whom we only disabled until we made it to president Richard Millhouse Nixon.

Nixon first tried to tell us there was a good explanation then tried to attack us using Kung fu. It did not go. Even when Pat Nixon tried to shoot Black Dynamite it didn’t work. We kicked Nixon’s ass and Black Dynamite was going to black mail him but Snowflame declared himself president and sat in his chair in the oval office. We tried to explain to him that’s not how it worked but then I realized how screwed up this place was and decided to just let it stand.

Blade Brave [400 - Discount for BOARD Member] - In order to fight the enemies of mankind and to properly use the Rider System, you must have a clear mind without fear or doubt. That is what you now possess, being able to clear your mind of any doubts or fears with but a moment’s concentration. Your willpower is much stronger, whether it is against hardship or attempts to control you, your mental strength as strong as hardened stone.

ELEMENTS [600 - Discount for BOARD Member] - You just have the strangest luck when it comes to unique powers or items. A Driver that can only be utilized by someone with a high fusion rate? Lucky you, that’s just what you have. A certain blood type? No, it works just fine in your hands. Gender? Eh, it can make an exception for you. Artifacts, items, and technology that have a ‘certain person’ requirement work just fine in your hands, even if you don’t quite fit the bill normally. Adverse side effects from trying to use said things just seem to slide off of you, as well. This doesn’t help against sentient or malicious forces, which may still deny you or even harm you if you aren’t prepared, but corrupting or restrictive forces have much less sway over you.

To the guy who was looking for Superman TAS

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDXzZUQ0drWWFTbWM/view

It's named "DC - Superman the Animated Series JumpChain"

Again, pretty cool. So the BOARD Member origin is based on Kenzaki, obviously. Who are the others based on?

Civilian is going to be based off of Leangle, and Undead will be based off of Chalice.

I'm kind of bothered by how miniscule singular Heisei Riders are in terms of jump content, or at least my inability to stretch it out. Kabuto remains one of my most minimalist jumps, and I feel like Blade and Hibiki will fall under this too.

Then again, it can be considered a blessing, because Kiva and Den-O are going to have literal train-fulls of content in comparison. Save me.

>Then again, it can be considered a blessing, because Kiva and Den-O are going to have literal train-fulls of content in comparison. Save me.
Only once you break your chains can you escape from this time-tripping ride.

if you are just interested in relaxing where is the best place to be in touhou?

The moon.

48. Kids Next Door
Perks: Tough Tastebuds, Conversion Resistance, Intuitive Aptitude
Items: Boyifying Rifle
Drawbacks: Killer Clothes, Spank Happy Vampire

My first act, I think, shall be spanking those kids that are terrorizing the puppy. And then, to my apartment to rest. I'll have to build a coffin myself, which is proving difficult. All the 2x4s are always taken from the hardware store. I'll probably end up just stapling some silk inside of a large plastic tub.

So, I have to spank sense into random articles of clothing that may already be on people and evil people and I feel very fetishy. I'm honestly relieved when the KND finally catch up to me and move me to incarceration on the moonbase. Not that that really stops me, with all my escaping perks. The urge to spank evil is overpowering my desire to sit still and fight prison uniforms.

Being a recurring villain here isn't so bad, actually. No one dies, everyone gets their weird role to play, and I still get to fight the actual evil people when they come around.

Yes, it is powerwanking. What other reason would you have to travel between planes besides obtaining absurb power?

Better get rid of the idea of a spark then

>Sleuth user's chain
who's Hana and where is she from?
just got curious after reading one of your previous jumps

Um, no. Powerwanking is bending the wording of a perk such that it benefits you far beyond its intent. And I don't mean using it in a nifty combo, I mean something like using Camaraderie from Hero BBS to copy powers because that's one possible meaning of "abilities".

Go out drinking with an oni.

Rorouni Kenshin has free companions with some of the perks, but they don't have names, just how they entered your life.

Hana Oshiro is a japanese street thug from the Meiji Era, and being a girl in that position meant she had to be extremely competent and uncompromising. She wasn't anywhere near boss-level, but that's really something that jumping can easily fix with the right perks.

So I've got a question. The version of the Gamer in the drive currently has the Gamer origin as completely free. When did Blade change this?

interesting, thanks

Waifus

>power wanking all over his waifus
Lewd.

Could we get an Ancient perhaps? They'd be right at home in my forest.

Jumpers will inevitably become as powerful as they want, the only important things to pick up in a jump are waifus and/or husbandos.

Define relaxing. The Oni are legitimately awesome to party with, for example, but only if you're an extrovert to the extreme and have some good durability.

The Myouren temple is nice for people who want to just meditate and pray all day, but if you're that kind of person, I feel like you'd have probably stopped and stayed in a jump at some point.

The Hakurei temple's pretty nice, and is basically peace interspersed with incidents you can watch, and you could probably stay there without too much trouble if you offered to help Reimu take care of the place. You'd have to deal with the faeries though.

The Netherworld's actually pretty quiet from what we've seen of it, but you'd probably have to mug a few people to get in, and no one would let you out.

Pick (and win, obviously) a few fights with Tenshi, and she might let you claim your own piece of Heaven like Suika did, which is, well, /heaven/ so probably pretty relaxing there. She went stir-crazy and started causing earthquakes and stuff though, so it might be too crazy for most.

The Human Village is under general Youkai protection, so as long as you follow the 'rules', you might like setting up a farm.

If you're the type that relaxes by tinkering, hanging out with the Kappa might be pretty cool. Just protect your rear end.

Etc.

heaven might be too peaceful for most, not too crazy, sorry.

A Lost One Draenei. I adored them when they popped up in the WC3 Campaign, and dislike the newer blander looking Draenei.

>-Troll stable master potential Dinomancer
YES

B) Would you prefer these guys come with names pre-packaged, or with a Generic Descriptor?
Either are good, maybe a mix of both with some being generic and some being descriptive?

Seconding those dragons!

Wait, did I not do that? Fuck. Sorry, a lot of stuff was just copy-pasting, I'll do that right now.

No problem.
Also, is Comedy Routine supposed to have the INSERT FLUFF HERE part?

Wait, nvm, I totally did. If you mean the fact the default gender tense is female, I would like to remind you that this is /Neptunia/. Of course the default gender tense is female.

Yes. It's Low brow comedy. That's supposed to be a bad joke.

>Just protect your rear end.
?

Ah, I see, the “This only works on women” part has been removed. Maybe you should clarify that in the notes?

In any event, the imaged version looks awesome. Would that we had more jumpmakers of your caliber.

Either of a Spirit Healer or Val'kyr? We need some ghost angels in here.

>Kappa are known to extract shirikodama (尻子玉, "anal ball") from humans (an imaginary gland said to reside somewhere around the anus or stomach), killing them in the process - this story seems to originate from the tendency of drowned corpses to have their anus wide open as if something were pulled out from there.

You learn something new every day...

Mythologically, Kappa eat shirikodama, a ball in your anus that contains your soul. Now, I don't perfectly recall if Touhou ones do, but that seems like something that you don't want to find out the hard way.

I'm glad you liked it!

Huh. Almost like a prostate?

Is Sharicite Manipulation something that can be (if only in part) learned over time? And how long would the arm sized chunk power the city for?

I guess? I dunno. I honestly just ran into that information by accident.

I... don't think so? I don't recall anyone learning how to use it, anyway. As for how long... I think it's just a few minutes? If I'm remembering the scene correctly? I lost all my save-game data though, so I can't just rewatch it unfortunately.

>I lost all my save-game data
Ow. Still, definitely the coolest power source in Jumpchain.
>Pray harder, my car’s reached a steep hill!

Can we get a Mechagnome? Like, Jeeves for example?

One more question. What would my stay in Neptunia be like if I carried over BlazBlue’s Gag Reel, DC’s Joker Pulls Boner, and Great Detective’s I Am Sure...?

So we have a ton of perks for creating clones of oneself. Some even offer a possibility of getting their memories upon disappearance.

But how would I go about getting the clones' training gains? Assume that Naruto Kage Bunshin don't count regardless of fanon.

What are some good perks for bringing the supernatural to mundane settings? All I have so far is Namer from Guide to Evil and an Arrowhead from Jojo.

Hero BBS, use reality warping magic.

If you gain their memories then that's probably enough to train in whatever esoteric discipline they practiced.

It's not like muscle exercise really matters when you're made of arcanomachines and stellar matter.

Protection from accidentally ending up in the Conquest Ending[/joke]

Seriously though, this is a series where dramatic plot reveals have been prefaced by Neptunia pointing out that they're about to have a dramatic plot reveal, the main villain decides that the best way to take out the hero is to absorb the power of eggplants, a giant robot named CopyPaste acts like a hero of burning determination until he ends up as a maid to one of the CPUs, and the greatest villain was as powerful as she was because kids are engaging in rampant software piracy. I don't think it's actually possible to end up less serious and still have a plot.

Nanoha has potions that give people linker cores, as well as a bioengineering perk for the Belkans which has canonically been used to add high level magic to people.
A number of magic systems are canonically teachable to those without special talent.
So is Ki, usually.
God of Highschool has a perk for the Divine Power tree that lets you loan your powers to others.
Spirited Away's witch capstone lets you loan people magic in return for their name and service.

Didn't someone make a list of this? I could swear they did.

Greed from GoH can grant you a portion of their raw power/energy.

by Neptune pointing out*

Her name is /Neptune/, Neptunia is the name of the game. Frekkin-

An Ar Tonelico Tower would do the trick.

I think you can introduce the Force into other settings once you've done a couple of the jumps.

If you Gate in a Solar, that Solar can pull in as many more angels as it wants and that could well lead to creating a heaven on Earth.

Innistrad's "you have an Avacyn" perk might let said Avacyn provide holy magic to those who worship her.

Anima: Beyond Fantasy could do it, though it's either going to take a long time giving the Gift one-by-one, mass Chaotic Mutation via Realm of Chaos (will kill half the targets, and drive many more insane), or Divine Magic to just make it happen (and you might need to create the metaphysical engines that make it work in Anima anyway).

Leave Gensokyo and hang out in the human world.

Show me your smug face, /jc/!

I’m familiar with the setting, I was looking for a joke answer.

Tweedled from one of the Alice jumps could work for that.
It's less cloning and more being in multiple places at once.
Have one of you git gains while the other fucks around doing whatever.
It's not perfect, but it's better than going 100% shounen with no anchor.

Just drop the mana tree from legend of mana into the setting.
Flooding the world with ambient magic should do the trick.
It's even retroactive so nobody needs to question it.

Ah, in that case, I suggest the tagmension, so you can beat up zombies and make a terrible movie!