Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

smug edition

>Adarki Duncini
youtube.com/watch?v=5IXQ6f6eMxQ

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (what vulkan calls his dick pics folder)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>I2

ill start with a fun question

what army has your favorite aesthetic to it Veeky Forums?

Adarki Aeldari reporting in!

Dark Eldar just does things to me, man. I was going to pick Admech as my 3rd army and my other bud was going to do DE with his brother, but at last second we switched. I couldn't let those awesome models and aesthetics go.

ITT we post smug 40k faces

>condescending remark preferred but not required

Orkz, it's why I play them

nothing like a scary horde to make your opponent shit themselves

nth for the soldier's shilling:

>NOT! Free to Waaagh!
>All factions are playable
>All classes are playable except the Assault class
>Purchased RTC counts towards upgrading to the full Premium version
>Progression is 1/3 of the premium version and the remaining progression is banked as you play
>Banked progression is unleashed when you upgrade

>Below is the soft-launch Steam key to activate the free version
>Activate Free Version:
9XZJJ -DLZJW- TBZ06

also shameless referral code self promotion for 4k bought credits
EC- 19PJ7W2R3XCFD

this f2p version will be available to everyone in a few weeks anyway, but I got a code to throw, so whatever

One and only.

>eternal crusade

From last thread, are waekoptas any better than trukks? Are they dedicated transports?

Ok, how fucked am I at 1500 ?

Define cheese. If it's a lot of Rhinos then 4 ML should pop one a turn, the Devs don't have split fire anyway so you gain nothing from overkill. Bunch of hammernators, jinking shit and AV14 ? Yeah, I guess it's worth the few more points then.

A Black Knight costs 40 points so by dropping one you can afford two more devastators AND the auspex for the Libby. Since you want to have him go solo from time to time (which I wouldn't advise since he doesn't reroll jinks or have a invul save by default) you could also give him a melta bomb for the last 5 spare points for some hit and run on the enemy vehicles. Or an auspex for the Devastator Libby in case you don't roll ignore cover.

Seems decent except against flyers or hordes.

I don't think they're dedicated, but they are pretty solid from what I recall. They've got a twin-linked Deffgun by default, and they're Fast Skimmers. That makes them very good as both firing platforms and as assault transports. Being able to Jink also adds to their survivability a bit.

Downside is that they're like 60 points, so you're spending double the cost for all this. It may be worth it for something where a Trukk is too cheap but a Battlewagon is too expensive.

Quite honestly flyers from my meta don't worry me since there's nothing much they can do to this list beside popping the Dread.

I do have an alternative though with some AA.

Sisters of battle. Crucifix mechas and pipe organ tanks are the embodiment of 40k

What are you anons working on?
Play any games lately?
Plan to?

Waiting for some washes to dry so might as well start the topic.
Pic related is my happy little Grotesquerie. Papa Ul'Ikai is in the back making sure they're getting their daily recommended colors and the Cronos in the far back is just having a small antenna repair. The 2 with guts showing are my Abberations.

Good tatse

Are flash gitz really that bad? I mean they're bad in the way that all ork units are bad, but are they really any worse than most other units?

Arrright, they said something for every army this year.

Whilst I seriously doubt it, that does mean we're at least getting more than this first trilogy. What do we think is up next?

thin your paints

In comparison to the better ork units, yes.

As much as it'll trigger /40kg/, and hype me the fuck up, I want to believe Tau are next, the reason being that they don't exist outside of Macragge's backyard. I don't think they want a continuing storyline to just shoot back to the Tau for a minute and then pick back up.

THICC

UR

PAAAAAIIIINTTTTTSSSS

TTTTTTTTHHHHHHHIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I love your work.
I think I'll copy your Ogre idea too.

> working on

Gotta build a Rhino and prime a bunch of stuff today. I had some solid painting plans this week but I'm way behind (surprise).

Also

> Got ahold of four Ogryns for free, want to try them out for kicks

I play Imperium but not Guard, are there any Faction Specific Detachments that are just Ogryns? I'd like to throw them into a game for the hell of it but without having to pay the points for an allied detachment.

Well what are the top ork units. Besides just bikers. getting sick of bikers being the core of every army

Perhaps go for Castellans? That could let you toss in some Ogryn depending on what Imperium army you're doing.

Why the fuck aren't you priming in white then base spraying skin?

Skitarii. The self augmentation and hooded robes does it for me. Also that they use carbines and arquebus for weapons.

Working on a genecult. Just finished my patriarch.

mek guns, particular stompa variants, meganobz, tankbustas, deff dreads and some of the planes.

There's the ogryn auxilia, but I think that's like 12 ogryns

>Necrons, Space Egyptian ancient aliens

>that pose
>"you can't get discovered if you're not in cover"

I thought meganobz were shit.

I'm just used to working with priming shit black.

I thought about it but it's too much, points and size wise.

Honestly my meta is bro-tier so it wouldn't be a problem if I brought them to a friendly game, but I'd like to be battleforged if I could. I just got some big huge dumbasses and thought it would be cool to paint them up and throw them into the meatgrinder with my dudes.

They're better than flash gitz and regular nobz.

meant to reply to

Missing the reference, sorry.

They're actually one of the better Terminator equivalents, even coming with the option of cheap transports.

The problem is terminator equivalents in general suck, and Orks don't pull their weight overall in specific.

My Druchii.

Ah.

The default Patriarch is touching his forehead too.

>I play Imperium but not Guard, are there any Faction Specific Detachments that are just Ogryns? I'd like to throw them into a game for the hell of it but without having to pay the points for an allied detachment.

Make a Kill Team out of it.

So the Gulliman is a dreadnought rumour was completely right in all aspects other than he doesn't count as a vehicle for rules purposes, right?

*Adarki Aeldari

Pretty much

*Drukhari

Pz.IV Predator mostly complete; Jagdpanzer IV conversion to Rhino still WIP.

>eternal crusade

Adrukharii.

I don't think we have his stats yet but if he's a walker and riptides stay mc I'm fucking done

>off my chair xeno, the imperial governor sits there

Necrons?

>Aeldari
>*Drukhari

Any of the space elf queers at your shops using this name yet?

Only sarcastically or mockingly.

The Patriarch is the imperial governor, he's just not wearing his regulation governor hat right now.

Orks and HH Mechanicum.

When does he get released?

Still Eldar and Dark Eldar. Or Ynnari if you're running one of those. I am

I'm so fucking pissed that Transuranic Arquebuses are bad weapons. Why cant they just be S6 ap3, armorbane rad-phage. Would make them good and usable in some situations over plasma and haywire.

I thought about it but I wanna stay loyal to vect.

It would, at least, allow me to run my harlies in the same detachment.

Well stop. Do you still shit your pants because you got used to it?

Four Ogryns would be 170 points. If I dropped a few bucks on a five man IG platoon that would fill out the other 30 points and give me some more manpower... I wonder how that would hold up in a Killteam game.

This month.

You can use Ynnari rules with Vect fluff fairly easily. Gameplay wise, Harlies in raiders is worth giving up PfP

>bad weapons
Nigga you're doing it wrong. Stick them in Rangers and flank the board, pop transports with side armour shots and pepper MC's with that delicious 4+ to wound and Rending.

Don't ever give them to Vanguard, though.

As in Pre-Orders tomorrow night, or as in 'any time in the next 4 weeks'?

Saturday

Does buying recasts making me a horrible player?

I want to try out new armies but just can't afford GW's insane prices to find out if I even LIKE playing them.

Like, I will still buy official models if I like the army but hundreds for even a starter army seems excessive.

>If I dropped a few bucks on a five man IG platoon

Im pretty sure you have to take a PCS and 2 infantry squads to make a platoon, not just the command squad.

For 200pts you could either go 3 Ogryns and one Chimera or 4 Ogryns and 5 Ratlings.

Just proxy.

Flashgitz in 'nauts. You know it to be true.

What plastic army costs hundreds of dollars for 500 points?

Knights?

If your plan is to buy real ones eventually than just proxies first

Y'all niggas laughed at me

>though a knight sized dreadnought would have been cooler

>Cypher has an anime sized buster sword now because the Primarchs have been retconned into turbo-Giants

I thought spider eggs in the gum was a myth...

Wouldn't an ironstrider do the same thing better?

>Primarch size
>retcon

Oh boy, here we go again.

I'd say it's too big to be a sword, more like a slab of iron or something

How? Vect hates Ynnari.

As powerful as it would make my army the idea of harlies starting in raiders and Deldar starting in star weavers makes me sick.

Yeah because cypher had a normal scaled sword for his good health before.

Hey guys,

I just finished making some heavy destroyers. I'm really happy with how these turned. The guns are heavy gauss cannons from the triarch stalker kit.

that's Russ on a 25mm base.

Adarki Adrukharii

>Stick them in Rangers and flank the board, pop transports with side armour shots
I'll use haywire for that.

>pepper MC's with that delicious 4+ to wound and Rending.
I use plasma for that.

TA is mediocre weapon and there is no way around it. Against vehicles it one S7 shot on average. Against infantry you need ~4,5 shots to kill single guy from 5+ cover. Only thing going on for it is long range. But everything else is just bad.

And its bad because you cant count on it to do its job when you need it. Its just random shots plinking at your opponent and its rare if it does anything worthwhile.

Killteam requires four non-vehicle minis, so three Ogryns and a chimera wouldn't be legal.

Four Ogryns only leaves 30 points though, it's hard to find something that would fit into that because you can't give them wargear.

No.
He has an in built life support system, but that's hardly the same thing as being interred in a dreadnought.

Any horde army, I suppose?

Generally people pick their armies because of how they look and how the fluff appeals to them, christ theres a ton of Ork players who love Orks despite them being shit in the table, same with Black Templar players.

Pick an army that you want to paint and build for months on end because thats what you'll be doing most of the time, working on your models, the rules might change in the future, YOUR models wont.

My advise is get a Start Collecting box or a transport+troop box and play Kill Team for now.

500 points isn't even close to an accurate representation of gameplay for many armies.

That's not a Primarch though. That's the Space Wolves Commander.

Vect is fine with Harlies though, he employs a lot of them.

As long as you're using only Deldar and Harlie units than the fluff is perfectly in tact. The 'soul burst' shit actually feels more like the old school PfP anyway, is it that hard to reconcile in your mind that the Deldar are just getting drunk of bloodlust?

I don't want the game to be over second turn user. At least give the riptide wings something they could conceivably beat.