Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tell us about birds! Tell us about your tengus, strixes, syrinxes, aellars, kestrels, and even DSP's new harpy monster class!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
PS: Avowed is eating a big nerf soon.

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/trompe-l-oeil-cr-1/
dropbox.com/s/ld4mfulvbcllpe6/Psionics Augmented - Psychic Warrior.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/ivfg2tuf19q0cyp/DRP2230_MonsterClassesSubscription.zip?dl=0
dreamscarred.com/product/monster-classes-subscription/
dropbox.com/s/97bplkj39gy4040/Psionics Augmented - Host of Heroes.pdf?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1pZCqqDCNYMTMXo56HPDKK61r-_H2qVO6Ydoz-F9FIhM/edit#
dreamscarred.com/product/psionics-augmented-host-heroes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

birds suck

>The nicest person in the group has a tendency to plays Lawful Evil.

Is this normal?

>Megumin's date at the duck pond

Isn't it gross to have feathers coming from the lower half of the breasts, even the nipples?

Friendly reminder! At the end of the day, third party supplements need to be easily understood by GMs to approve them or not, and needs to be simple during playthrough!

It's important that at the end of playtesting, that a single round of attacking or doing other actions isn't hugely more onerous than other classes attacking!

>pathfinder harpies have actual arms and hands in addition to wings

that made me extremely sad when I found it out, for some reason

Andrealphus is a boy!

It's a bra made of molted feathers.

And the feathers over the cooch?

>made cilice of your own feathers
now that's what I call radical

Actually blue mould.

Flight feathers? Probably.
Downy feathers? Heck no bro
Especially if she also has Downy Feather Pubes

Is there anything stopping a 5th-level character from creating a trompe l'oeil of a CR 30 creature, such as Nocticula?

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/trompe-l-oeil-cr-1/

It would cost only Nocticula's HD 36 × 500 gp + 2,000 gp Medium = 20,000 gp to create.

Alternatively, such a construct could be purchased for Nocticula's HD 36 × 100 gp + 2,000 gp Medium = 5,600 gp. Surely, there is a typographical error here, and they meant "1,000 gp" as opposed to "100 gp"?

So how many times are you gonna ask this?

>surely there is a typographical error
>let me ask the thread which is not an official source
Fuck off?

Why don't you ask Paizo? Nobody here wrote the fucking thing.

even worse to get feathers in your mouth.

>Player brought a Strix Barbarian to the table
>Tried to nerf it by binding cursed armor to it for ACP
>It only made it stronger

My tengu hunts people with big weapons because in his mind the size of one's weapon is in proportion to the size of that person's treasury

>I will never get to play a Tengu treasure hunter with (insert INT-based non-fullcaster class here) abilities and an insatiable urge for ancient shinies in a tomb-raiding campaign
>I will never get to pick up one of the various gofast abilities scattered throughout 1pp and PoW so he can run away from boulders
>I will never battle a rival who wants to put my tengu's shinies on display for the public

Why even caw?

What race would your Belloq be? another tengu?

Maybe, but they could easily be human. Or elven. Or gnomish. Or maybe a Munavri or something if my GM hates me.

>campaign BBEG is a busty tengu nazi girl that ultimately gets her face melted off her skull

I can dig it

Hey, guys. After some fairly intense internal discussion, Forrest and I have sadly decided that Spirited Swordsmanship is going to be cut. It made the class far too single-attribute dependent, especially when combined with all the other things Charisma can be added to with further feat support. We know this is going to suck for a lot of people, and we, personally, were huge fans of the SAD playstyle, but it's proven to be impossible to balance. This should also make Self pact slightly less overwhelming, as they'll need to split their resources between their attacking/damaging stat and their casting/defensive stat, even with Altered Life.
Related to this, Aether Grasp will now be finessable, so as to avoid an unnecessary feat tax for dexterity builds wanting to dabble in it.

Further, we'll be reducing their damage dice to d6, like the Warlock, to try to rein in their numbers a bit. This also serves to weaken Overcharge Modulation and Merciful Pulse appropriately. How this will interact with Aspirant and Betrothed, we're not yet certain - but for reasons brought up earlier, we won't be reducing the damage dice to the awfully hard to acquire d3. We'll let you know what we work out, but we won't push this update live until we've sorted that out.

Finally, we'll be removing Steel's Betrayal for now from the document. While we love the concept, and hope to introduce something similar in the future, its current form is effectively damage with no penalty.

We're still discussing a lot of other changes, and these are all in flux - and thus, ripe for feedback. As always, we thank you for your feedback, and we are earnestly sorry for any builds we will be disrupting with these balance changes.

Looking for players for a wild west themed adventure, text only, fridays 4PM+ EST over Discord and Roll20.

Msg Draknirv#4693 on Discord if interested.

So, who's ready for the weekend?

Is Avowed officially kill?

aww yeee

>Spirited Swordsmanship is going to be cut
>Swordsmanship
>Cut

Hehe

Chargen info? Setting synopsis?

Of course. The novelty of it was the coupling of its versatility with extreme SADness, but those are the exact things that trigger "REEEEE AVOWED OP!!!" type reactions from most people. In the end this change was inevitable and people were inevitably going to get bored with what it became.

I still think that a global downgrade is excessive; removing Steel's Betrayal temporarily was a good move, but letting Overcharge Modulation and Merciful Pulse stay is perhaps a mistake. Those two feats are *still* mandatory for any avowed who is serious about killing people.

What is to become of the aether barrage shape?

But is Heart of Aether going to continue being a thing?
Also that does SERIOUSLY suck ass, but such is life I suppose. You gonna reprint Deadly Agility for people too?

Post your martial waifu's /pfg/!!

obviously

Yes. In fact, we'll be buffing Heart of Aether to additionally add your Constitution modifier to Spellcraft, Knowledge (Planes), and Knowledge (Arcana), to compete with Charisma's bonus to social skills.

W-wait, are you removing the attack and damage component of it or not? Because, uh...

Level 1 15 pt buy, or 20 pt buy if I can only get together three players.

Stay tuned for a setting synopsis.

>I'll probably never get an excuse to use this art

>Level 1
This is not going to go over very well here.

That still makes overcharge too good and a basic or worse-yet shapeless pulse too bad.

New Basic at level 12 would be 6d6
Blast @CL = 12d6 = 42 (only enough to kill CR4s that fail their saves).

Barrage = 3x 6d6 = 63. That's very low. Luckily it can get static bonuses, but if you have just +6 in the damage stat that's 81 damage. NOT impressive.

Overcharge remains necessary in order to do damage dealing, but at the same time, it's just costing a single feat. Too much for too little?
The above Barrage, Overcharged, is only doing 112. Still not a kill shot, and you'd still need two rounds for CRs 9-12 inclusive.
But, on the other hand, that's +31 damage from a single feat alone.

What I'm seeing here is a lack of 'warlock rods' and other such implements that even kineticists have access to. This allows WBL to get eaten up, and allows the actual firepower to go up a notch. All of the balancing is being done on the pulse value and the overcharge values themselves, making every small change a massive swing.

Might I suggest starting at at least 2? Level 1 is waaay too RNG-dependent for the survival of the players.

>no armour anywhere besides upper arms
>that weird belt that doesn't hold up anything
>that much exposed skin
>a corset of all things
>snapped-spine pose
>that pig-sticker in hand

What is this.

Dear Lord, I think she snapped her spine.

>15 pt buy
>2017
Whats next? Are you going to describe it as a gritty low magic setting?

I think barrage is the one being checked with calculations so much because it's the non-weapon-using single target option. Practically the only one really for range right now, and it's got the biggest multipliers.

Overcharge modulation may be too much, BUT right now regular pulses AND barrages are both too little without it.

It's just making *too much* of a difference, as I'm sure you've noticed in your numbercrunching

And because I'm an idiot who forgot to include it, Embodiment of Aether is also being removed for the same reason.

As Heart of Magic only added Constitution to damage rolls with Spirited Swordsmanship, with Spirited Swordsmanship's removal you can no longer add Charisma or Constitution to attack rolls with the Avowed.

Quite. We'll work on fixing this.

>I'm incapable of playing an unoptomized character!

Don't judge

That's a pretty girl(?)

I like it.

with point buy you can always optimize, even at low numbers

>As Heart of Magic only added Constitution to damage rolls with Spirited Swordsmanship, with Spirited Swordsmanship's removal you can no longer add Charisma or Constitution to attack rolls with the Avowed.

Wait what, Heart of Aether was the thing that gave Con to Attack/Damage, Heart of Magic just did class features. You're not making any sense. You cannot say you're "buffing Heart of Aether" when you are in fact just completely reworking it to be something entirely different.

You're a fucking moron. The only thing that works at 15 PB is things that need only one stat, like full casters. /25/ PB lets you play unoptimized characters, 15 PB lets you play optimized characters or dead characters.

>>I'm incapable of playing an unoptomized character!
But user, that set REQUIRES you to minmax and super optimize to even be good at your job.

Unless you're a wizard, then you only need to optimize slightly

High point buy allows you to be optimized and still be competent, you moron

Mah mwangi.

>15 point buy is a Heroic NPC

All of this assumes that your DM is an absolute retard that's going to throw retardedly hard encounters/situations at you that only a wizard can solve.

No it isn't. Paizo APs are made using 20 PB characters, because at 15 PB the only type of martial you can make and still be able to actually do your job is an autistic retard with 7 int and 7 cha.

... You're entirely right. I'm sorry, I was misremembering my own feat entirely.

Heart of Aether will be rewritten to affect saving throw DCs and give a bonus to the aforementioned skills. Heart of Magic will not be changing. I'm really sorry for the mistake. >

No.

Martials as written can't handle standard encounters on a 15 point buy.

No, it means that you have to be in a game where skill challenges don't matter, and its only countless combat after combat, otherwise the martial are going to spend the whole game with their thumb up their asses.

Martials as written can hardly handle them at 25pb.

Now that's bullshit.

SLightly NSFW, She's really bearing it all here.

It's up to the GM to balance an encounter towards the party's strengths and weaknesses. If your character gets gimped hard and has no chance of making it, it's more the fault of the GM than the player. (This isn't a constant though, for example one player could be overoptimizing and outshining all the others in every situation and the GM is forced to up encounter difficulty which subsequently wipes the party, all because one guy had to play optimized)

Nothing is constant, everything is everchanging, if you think in black and white you're a fucking retard.

>Con to knowledge.

Is this what SADing too long does to you? How's that even work?

Yknow stats mean things right? They aren't just arbitrarily stapled to each derived stat, there's meant to be sense there beyond mechanical balance.

It means you're literally eating knowledge.

Tasty Tasty Knowlege

Is your character cute?

>Con to attack/damage is kill, replaced by a random smattering of skill boosts
>Kytoncat is getting cucked before I even got to set up his character sheet, due to his entire build now being invalid
>Embodiment of the Aether is probably ALSO getting to be taken out back, meaning one of my alternative builds will be double DOA

Rest in pieces, my magnum opus of true memebuilds, I hardly knew thee and yet you are already gone.

The flavor is that, like Heart of Aether's magic suffusing you, you have an intrinsic understanding of how magic works. Sort of like an ancestral knowledge, without the ancestry.

Did 2hu kill the Avowed?

Con to Knowledge (arcana): I've have magic explode in my face so often that my scars know more about magic than a wizard does.

Yes it's the fault of the GM for making the player use 15 point buy.

>The GM can do whatever, so making assumptions based upon how the game, CR systems, and mechanics work as written and are assumed for average play is wrong think
>Everything is exempt from critique forever because I can suck my DM's dick to make me a magical unicorn princess of forever winning
>literally tabletop version of "Game overs are a failure of the game design"
You are cancer, and the reason why Paizo is full of circlejerking safespace retards, and why David Cage still has a career in videogame design

If you're at 15 PB the party's strength is the wizard and its weakness is the fighter. So the GM's job is to balance the encounter towards the fighter being incompetent and the wizard being able to do things. Except that's a fucking terrible idea. How about working towards a closer to level playing field instead of saying "Aw Timmy, I know you've got no legs, but we're gonna make sure that you finish the race in the same exact time as Mister Bolt here."

That sounds a lot more like Wis than Con, tbqh.

No, the developers just like balancing around Paizo's shitty classes instead of PoW damage :^)

>spoiler
Hot

>new harpy monster class!
Please tell me more.

This is what happens when you decide to enter the ring again after 5 kids and not adjusting your diet for home life.

That depends. Is it cute to slaughter enemies with a giant sword, tear monsters apart with strength fueled by primal fury, and pick on the ratfolk?

A third time, then.

Here is the updated version of Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors.
dropbox.com/s/ld4mfulvbcllpe6/Psionics Augmented - Psychic Warrior.pdf?dl=0

The two-page spread has been fixed, and the concerns of → → have been addressed. Forrest's foreword was also removed, since it mentioned the silhouette archetype, which did not make it into the product.

If, for whatever reason, you appreciate Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior, be sure to purchase it on the Dreamscarred Press website when it appears there.

As well, here is the most up-to-date version of Dreamscarred Press's Monster Classes subscription:
dropbox.com/s/ivfg2tuf19q0cyp/DRP2230_MonsterClassesSubscription.zip?dl=0
The latest monster classes are the harpy, the imp, and the medusa. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything outstanding about them, nor can I see anything particularly amazing about the new feats included with them.

Consider purchasing a subscription to Monster Classes if you enjoy the line:
dreamscarred.com/product/monster-classes-subscription/

Finally, here is Psionics Augmented: Host of Heroes. It is an aegis archetype.
dropbox.com/s/97bplkj39gy4040/Psionics Augmented - Host of Heroes.pdf?dl=0

Can anyone identify what has changed about the host of heroes since the playtest?
docs.google.com/document/d/1pZCqqDCNYMTMXo56HPDKK61r-_H2qVO6Ydoz-F9FIhM/edit#

If the host of heroes is to your liking, consider purchasing it here.
dreamscarred.com/product/psionics-augmented-host-heroes/

RIP, memecat. You were too beautiful, too pure for this sinful earth.

You're not wrong, but we're aiming for Constitution dependency and magic fluff. Things are going to be a bit weird. We're open to suggestions, though!

The example I actually used internally was pointing out that Bards, Inquisitors, and Alchemists are three-stat dependant (casting, attacking, and HP) at a minimum - and given that's our balance aim, we decided to move a little closer to them.

If he were as good of a GM as you say he was, then he would have no problem building a campaign around people of standard pointbuy either, and would be more easilly willing to accomodate the players without sweating.

Really, the only reason why a DM as skilled as you say he is would force a 15pb, would be because he explicitly wants to dick over his players and force them into shitty railroad situation.

If not, then he's not as good as you imply he would be, and is using the 15pb as a means of restricting player build options because he's too afraid to actually put in effort to deal with competent PCs

So /pfg/, tell me about the time that, one way or another, you broke the game with a character you made.

I suppose he could be. He'd much rather be complimented in other ways, but the chuunibyou game too strong for him to seem anything but adorable.

i mean I had a 3.5 character who routinely fired such retarded numbers of arrows they slayed multiple dragons in a turn

No.

>Literally says if you think it's black and white you're retarded.

>BUT user, I''VE GOTTA RESPOND AS IF THEY SAID IT'S BLACK AND WHITE IN THIS WAY INSTEAD OF THE WAY I LIKE.

Kill yourself.