Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Incubi aren't Aspect Warriors edition

Previous shrine >The dread Aeldari known as Adarki Duncini
youtube.com/watch?v=ebU1zTFh7AE

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (what the Lion calls Vulkan's dick pics folder)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1492046/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/warhammer-40-000-eternal-crusade-closed-beta-key-giveaway
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Khorne and Flesh Hounds!

First for the wolf time

How do I convert the codex epubs into pdfs? Most converters get stuck part way through.

WOLVES VS DOGS
PLACE YOU BETS

Khorne beat you, ha!

Third for why doesn't Typhus have eternal warrior

Because not even GW care about nurgle

Literally only Abbadon and Khârn have EW, iirc. Not even Bloodthirsters have it.

>Actual cute and adorable skin pupper

Versus mutant furry yiff

I can see why Khorne won.

They should just switch his warlord trait to the EW one. Then lower his price by 30 pts. Did I fix him?

>tfw want to play Space Marines but not sure if I want to mix my regular marines and burning of prospero legionnaires together
>tfw should buy expensive as fuck deimos pattern vehicles from Forge World
Also does it make any sense fluff-wise to field a Sicaran battle tank in 40k?

>non-ironically uses yiff as a noun
>actually says pupper
>probably says doggo too
remove yourself from this existence

hello requesting that one picture of an Eldar with a load on her forehead, she's saying

>why do you always aim for my rune?

asking for a friend.

IMPERIAL ARMOUR 2, WARMACHINES OF THE ADEPTUS ASTARTES.

Nigger, it's literally one of the already available supplements. Just grab that book and run either of the two in 40k in your space marine armies. They're essentially moth-balled relics that the chapter brings into combat if the need arises.

user you're retarded.

MkIII is a rarer pattern of power armor, but power armor nonetheless, and is still produced in small quantities.

>should be deimos pattern vehicles
Why?

>does it make sense to run a sicaran
Yes

>t. Triggered Space Yiff
Mad that you needed Khorne's power to beat Magnus?
:^)

Anyone have some basic 1k Guard lists? thinking of starting with the normal spess men but I have no idea what a standard list looks like

>t. Triggered Space Yiff
M8 I'm not him and I don't give a shit about SW but Reddit-tier dognaming is a cancer that doesn't belong here.

Triggered furries aside puppet is some leddit tier shit

>Go to /aco/
>check their 40k thread
>if not there, reverse image search the one with her smiling at you
>find an old archived thread
>find the pic

Nigga that's been here for a long while now.

From what I read on Forge World's website it looked like that stuff was Horus Hearsay exclusive.
If I'm only gonna be running legionnaires, it would make sense to have Deimos pattern vehicles with them.
I mean, I have three full squads of Mk III armor, it would feel weird to mix in regular tactical marines.

Also I can't choose which chapter to run

No, it's in Imperial Armor books as well.

Not really, since Mars pattern was around as well. Just depends, do you want to do 30k, 40k, or both?

>that's been here for a long while now
>that makes it okay
Stockholm syndrome in action

Among the Alpha Legion Warlord traits...
>Faceless Commander
>Once per game, at the start of any of your turns, you can choose a friendly character on the battlefield that is from an Alpha Legion Detachment or Formation and has the same unit type as your Warlord. Swap the position of this model with that of your Warlord.

Does this mean he could swap with an Aspiring Champion or a Cultist Champion? If so, would the Champion then become an independent character? Would he count as joining a unit the Warlord swapped out of? Would he become his own unit? Really needs clarification

I ain't saying it is, I'm just saying it don't bother me.

>Yes
>No
>No
>Yes

It's why you're here at all.

>Really needs clarification
If you read the rulebook it is already clarified

Going by RAW, both units would have to spend however long moving towards each other so their respective characters could move back into coherency with their original units.

>but that's complete shit!
Master-crafted ruleswriting from the great minds that bought you A Tide of Traitors. :^)

What section of the rulebook do you mean

No one here plays 30k, so I guess I wanna do 40k.

Then you can do it with any chapter, really.

r8 my list friendos.
Can I even play with formations only? Never even played a game, just using what I have with what I found to be possible in the list builderinb4 read codex/rules

This is the impression I got, that without actually laying down anything happening to them after swapping, by the rules its just moving two models horrifically out of position

Yes, formations are detachments of their own.

And read your codex and rules.

Seems like a standard Cron list alright.
>Can I even play with formations only?
Yes
>inb4 read codex/rules
I don't actually play Necrons so I don't know if you've made a subtle mistake

Sadly, it was probably written with switching around ICs in mind, since in the retarded narrative games GW thinks the fanbase plays everyone takes like 2-3 HQs.

>tfw can take 8 HQs in a CAD
>only 1 per formation
WHY

Oh and let's not forget the possibility of swapping models when either of them are in combat

A bit overwhelmed with all my choices for an Inquisitor and his retinue, everything looks fun. Is there a few optimal ways to set them up or just build whatever?

>Haha I'm going to crush this stupid aspiring champion
>Suddenly pimped out warlord shows up

Top kek.

Well as far as I know, that's actually an easier issue to resolve. You switch the exact positions of the models, so if you swapped your Warlord into a combat, he'd be in base contact with an enemy model and count as being locked in combat with them, and the guy you swapped out would no longer be in combat unless he was the champ of the unit that was locked there, in which case he'd move 3" every assault phase until he reached the combat again... At least he wouldn't be able to be shot, and if you're really really sneaky could steal an objective that happened to lie in his path while he made his way over.

An """""optimal""""" build isn't really your priority, since the optimal way to build your =I= dudes is to keep them cheap.
>no fun allowed Inquisitor
>power armor, rad grenades, psyker, force sword

>no fun allowed warband
>3 Acolytes with special weapons (plasma if using codex:inquisition since it's cheaper)
>a couple of Acolyte bullet catchers
>carapace armor for those fucks if plasma/you feel like splurging
>one Psyker to act as a WC battery

Just build something fluffy.

I know, but I can't choose
I like both Imperial Fists and Iron Hands, but painting yellow sucks, and my Sisters of Battle are already black.

>You thought I was a mere cultist? HAHA! I was a Daemon Prince all along! I've only been inflicting paltry S3 AP- attacks to DECEIVE YOU!

Crimson Fists are Imperial Fists without the yellow. They even share the same emblems. Alternatively, invent an IF successor chapter.

They managed to force it for lords of war and battle companies etc. Because God forbid you want to reasonably field Dante without spending over 300 points.

Chances are their new primarch won't be able to share a field with the smurfs chapter master with LoW rules as they are.

Thank you both anons. I'm reading the codex and the rules, but without playing it's gonna take more time to memorise everything, just wanted to know if there was any mistake or something outright stupid.

thanks for the tip. I can't find it though, it doesn't show up anywhere. Found out that the art is of Autarch Kayleth tho.

TO SUBTLE FOR YOU!!

>enemy just stands there watching as a chaos champion slowly inches their way across the battlefield in proper dueling stance

Also, I don't think he could snag an objective due to being in assault. Realistically though, any HQ you dump in that fight is going to end it pretty quickly, which means you're back to the two squads needing to dash back to meet up with each-other.

Also, could this be used with that one Warpsmith formation that allows you to take a Maulerfiend/Helbrute as a character?

Let's say GW announced a new ork codex tomorrow. Would that be good or just make things worse?

And I know there's no new ork shit for a while. Don't bother responding if you can't into hypotheticals.

If you take 2 of them you could make helbrutes fly over the table.

Anything would be better than what they have now?

Feedback appreciated as always.

>So they've got Necron durability
For a significantly higher PPM cost, yeah. It's not like FNP MEQ's aren't widely available for cheaper or like those MEQ's are particularly great. I could see making it only kick in on failed armor, to ensure that anti-MEQ weaponry is still more effective against them, and to, in a roundabout way, account for the inability of automatons to hide behind cover.
>Have most of a helldrake's main gun in each of their squads
The Exalted Flamer weapons. WC2 means it has a significant opportunity cost.
> Better Cultists than Cultists
For 7 PPM versus 4 PPM. If you just want cheap bodies, Cultists are still the better choice, especially with their formation.
> Get the strongest upgrade in their book for free
Pretty much. It's still got a hefty tax requirement.
> And get the strongest thing Chaos currently has.
The Warband is not the strongest thing Chaos has, and it's not like you can't already take a Thousand Sons warband. Death Guard marines would still be significantly more durable and mobile.

>I don't think he could snag an objective due to being in assault
He can. Being locked in combat doesn't impact your ability to hold objectives.

>yfw the edgy slow-walking champ has objsec and just steals the objective from the opponent's elites choice, who are too fucking terrified to even shoot him

>could this be used with that one Warpsmith formation that allows you to take a Maulerfiend/Helbrute as a character?
Yup.
>teleports Helbrute behind u
>heh.... nothin personnel loyalist

>Waaagh Ghazkull.pdf
It can always get worse.

It's very hard to make a fluffy warband that's not also a points-sink that accomplishes nothing.

Exactly. My point was that if you build for fluff you're going to end up with a squad that's very confused as to what its role is supposed to be and therefore will probably underperform.
Unless its fluff is just a team of stormtroopers or something.

It'll only get better if they get someone who actually likes Orks to write the rules. It isn't simply a matter of landing in the middle of a period where overpowered rules are getting made. The poor excuse for an Ork Decurion is a perfect example.

It'd probably be a bit better now if Traitor Legions is anything to go off of, since that was rather well done, but the Ork codex would need more than that sort of patchjob.

>Let's say GW announced a new ork codex tomorrow. Would that be good or just make things worse?

Infinitely worse because we're right at the end of an edition. Which means we once again get left behind in the dust once 8th hits and stabilizes, and GW figures out how to write codices for it.

You want your codex to come out around the mid-point of an edition. If you're near the end or beginning, it's bad news. The Ork 5th ed codex came out at the end of 4th, and our 7th ed codex was the first of 7th.

>>and has the same unit type as your warlord
Uh, doesn't that prevent the confusing terribleness of swapping regular characters with independent characters or worse, walkers? I mean, if you're Infantry (character) that'd be the only thing you could swap with.

Eternal Crusade is giving away keys to play in its f2p beta nonsense, its free so I guess that's .. something.

na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1492046/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/warhammer-40-000-eternal-crusade-closed-beta-key-giveaway

They were giving it away in the Humble Bundle not that long ago so I guess they're desperate to inflate that steamcharts population.

forgot my shitty picture

I found it by going on /aco/, reverse google image searching Autarch Kayleth ludes led me to a sketchy Russian website where the image was. thanks.

>tfw wanted to buy it on Humble Bundle
>two friends literally do not care about it and wouldn't buy it even in the bundle
>tfw didn't get it as a result
>tfw forgot about it for a bit until having a change of heart and deciding to buy it anyway
>tfw bundle ended
I guess I wasn't going to play it much anyway

So did anyone else like me get a beta key for DoW 3?

Well, it's a nice game and probably the only one where Orks can actually shine. Not because they're particularly good or anything, just because the kids play either LSM or CSM, while you can have/need actually competent teammates with orks.

Is there any way to make melee CSM terminators work?

Yeah. Over a long time of playing inquisition with things, I've grown to accept that 5E GK book forward, inquisitorial retinues will never be both cool AND useful at the same time. After many games of incrementally reducing the cost and list impact of a henchmen squad I decided I'd rather have a unit on the field that does cool things than just looks cool.

Which, IMO - chambers militant is the way to go. Terminator Malleus with GK terminators, nade and blade or conversion beamer Xenos with choppy or snipey Deathwatch respectively, or Hereticus with sisters of a personal flavor choice.

Tempestus are fine too, especially now that you can join them in a valkyrie (and are my personal choice)

Its mediocre and ruined by server latency, retarded population full of elitists who think they are ''''skilled'''' and devs who aren't transparent about any reasons for their 'balance' patches that inevitable ruins omething.

Why aren't there big armored dudes powered by chaos that weren't at some point marines in 40k?

Because regular dudes end up as fodder /meatshields for superdudes.

Not all DPs are marines

2 Monoliths, a Morkanaut, and a riptide. COME AT ME BRO
1850 legal list. Rate my memes. I own all these models and more.

No nobs in the naut/10

And Bloodthirsters were never mortals, as well as Skulltaker being a powered up Herald with a 3+ and EW from his artifact cloak.

Though, that's the best I can do, sorry.

which makes even stranger the absence of chaos warriors running around

I like how his axe is painted like a jawbone

Wolves will win, but at a higher cost than the victory they earned.

This is true, same iwith Eldar. The Space Marines aren't even that boring to play, though I do prefer Space Marine's multiplayer for astartes death matches.

>the Imperium won, but it was totally pyrrhic so it's really more like a loss!
40k in a nutshell.

Because 97% of all traitors are flaming curbstomping faggots who don't even have ATSKNF, 90-95% of which have never reached a higher tier than Chaos Space Marine. Very few throughout the millenia have ever reached warlord or higher, and of those a much higher percentage were killed or turned into spawns than those who succeeded to become Daemon Princes.

And daemon ascension is a career dead end anyway. They'll never surpass a Daemon Primarch or a named Greater Daemon.

>same iwith Eldar
Can you elaborate? I heard Eldar were shit, then got buffed into being cheese. Do all the tryhards play them, or are they a faction only used by people who know their shit?

Fukken Eldar. I have a hard time hitting them with my shoota, since they're so fast, agile and have small hitboxes. And their damage output is quite massive, they just chew through armour and health like nothing.

Rise of Primarch rules leak when?

Probably about seven days from now, we usually get actually good leaks from anons who get the book a day or two early due to shipping peculiarities.

Until then calm down and stop spamming this shit.

Eldar have always been strong, their exclusive player base (why would you do this when you can have one of each faction and level them up equally) moans and pisses itself whenever they change or buff any other faction. The fact is, there aren't a lot of Eldar players, and most are extremely unskilled and extremely arrogant because 'muh space elven superiority lore reasons lolol mon'keigh = monkey so funneh xD' is all the fuel they need to wave their dicks around.

I say this as an exclusive LSM player who has dealt with the lion's share of newbie idiots dragging me to defeat after defeat across 300+ hours of play time.

I switched to Eldar for the last campaign, and a second time this campaign post-rebalance patch. Eldar are horrifyingly strong. Their players are either newbies or terrible regulars. The team killing is rampant. No one heals or resurrects you. Healers will still try to run into melee despite ranged lethality going up. No one kills vehicles. Everyone tries to play for KDR and personal XP, not winning the match. Some people will afk and bitch all match instead of actually playing, a sight I rarely ever seen on the other three factions, because you didn't do one specific task they demanded immediately like a good little lapdog.

But their classes? Fragile, but fast as fuck, have crazy hard hitboxes to land a hit on, they basically dominate melee because of how fast and powerful their classes hit while also having very difficult to read animations and lots of iframes on their dodges, which also have huge distances they cover. Their dakka is amazing. Their mobility is amazing. Their choppy is amazing. Their 'fragility' matters little with how fast and hard they go.

Basically, the players suck shit and have proved it time and time again when they fail campaigns and basic teamwork like this.

So apparently everyone's Spiritual Liege is up and about again because of the Eldar? I stop paying attention for a few months and crazy shit happens.

Marneus Calgar's always been around though? Robert Gullman got resurrected though.

Because they'd be essentially identical to marines anyways? Hell, there's a good chance they'd just become marines thanks to warp magic anyways.

see
Plus, eldar by far have the lowest population in the game, so you know the team playing eldar likely has at least a few players who are talking on VOIP, and the rest of them at least know what theyre doing.

If anyone is on the fence about Eternal Crusade, I recommend getting it. I have about 120 hours, and I enjoy it. The balance is acceptable (except for eldar), the netcode isn't amazing but at least it functions fine, the maps are unpolished but all of them are fun, the characterization and animations are well done... overall its an enjoyable time. It does NOT hold up the the initial promises, but I say it's worth the price of admission (if there even is a price anymore).

>Eldar are fucking broken, don't suffer from their ostensible weaknesses, and are held back only by the incompetence of their playerbase
>Orks are bro-tier
>SM/CSM are played by casual COD kiddies and are by far the most populous faction with the lowest average skill level
Wow it's like I'm really playing tabletop

>he rest of them at least know what theyre doing

Ha ha ha yeah I call bullshit on that. These retards are WAY worse than the Orks and LSM. The amount of teamkilling and lack of coordination on Eldar is unreal. Its like all their guilds gave up and died even before the last campaign started.

Its amazing because their faction is fun and strong imo. I don't see how they are losing besides boredom.

Heavy Bolter can do wonders against them in defensive situations, when you can just shoot into a mass of them, from what I know from my CSM experience. Playing against Eldar as an Ork is suffering though. Only good teammates make it even wothwhile to stay for a second round against them.

Mechanicum merged MKVIII armor with dreadnought parts to create the ultimate battle life support machine in the form of a weapon that can surpass Metal Gear. Aeldari bailed the humans out of a tough bind and got them to Ultarmar so that Guilliman can get his upgrade and stop the Imperium from total collapse. Guilliman will now lead the Ultramar domain once again and will now have to jam his righteous fist into the faces of all of the daemon primarchs.

>>Eldar are fucking broken, don't suffer from their ostensible weaknesses, and are held back only by the incompetence of their playerbase
>>Orks are bro-tier
>>SM/CSM are played by casual COD kiddies and are by far the most populous faction with the lowest average skill level

CSM only ever dominated because they had a handful of laughably broken weapons. Post-nerf? They're middle of the pack right next to LSM.

Yeah, you need to spray suppression everywhere, plasma, toss grenades, and in general avoid melee even if its a Dire Avenger or Fire Dragon.

Just dbash them if they go for the knife and then put some bolter rounds in their skull for being a dumb ass.

Abaddons Grace and the Autocannon are still disgustingly strong. And don't get me started on the Gravspam/Croziusspam that was some time ago.

but user grav was nerfed

LSM mostly run powersword and chainsword these days..

>what are command options

Melee is a bit hard as a Havoc though. It's also the only acceptable way to play as Iron Warrior. Get a Heavy Bolter and the Mark of Nurgle and IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT