Cyoa thread

Last thread was on page 11

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Yeah like the Horn of Africa one? lel

What are some good "dark" races for a fantasy setting?

So far I've only got orcs, dark elves, and demons. Anything else?

www.strawpoll.me/12416757

Snakes of some kind.
Also goblins and trolls.
Minotaurs maybe? Or giants/ogres/whatever.

Duergar, Rakshasa, Saurians and Dragonborn, off the top of my head. Most of them are just "humanoid with animalian influence" though.

Define Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain. Like the wizard...guy from the Smurfs, or the Cobra Commander?

It's been so long since I've seen those kinds of shows I have no idea anymore.

Trolls, kinder, niggers, kobolds, goblins, giants, ogres, platypuses, Canadians, fishpeople, insect hives, Sabers, beastmen, the HR department, gargoyles and other assorted golems, mimics, shapeshifters, and the fae.

your mom

slaan

I want them to be good but arachne

Goblins

Vampires, Oni, High School Cheerleaders.

Tax Auditors, chartered Accountants, Mortgage Brokers and Marketing Representatives

You really think that would work !?

I had a stroke of inspiration and made this today.

Intelligence learning speed 2
Wisdom creativity 1

Switch a learning speed to memory. I assume you can't double up?

I think you're being very fair with that line of thought. I used to post works as they progressed until they came out, but it certainly has also lead to some dead ends, for one reason or another. Even if it's not turned out that way all the time, I can certainly see how it can be quite disappointing.

I'll take it to heart. Thank you for your thoughts on the matter.

Luck. Incoming, Outgoing and Surround.

Health, Dexterity, Perception

You're welcome.

As a caveat, I do think when a content creator has been gone for quite some time that seeing a wip could be good, or at least a temporary name on a post to let people know that they're still working on something as some content creators have a fan or three.

I'm also glad you've moved away from the hard to read body text in your current wips, yet are keeping the same general style for your works.

I do hope you finish that Wonderland one. It looked quite interesting... I believe that was yours.

Nice Cyoa user, i am proud of you

Intelligence: perception
wisdom: creativity judgement
Luck: incoming, outgoing

drawbacks:
sociability
charisma

Nya, sweet cyoa
Awooooo~

intelligence: recall, perception
wisdom: creativity, judgemenet, insight
Luck: incoming, outgoing
Endurance: Stamina

drawbacks: dexterity, will, physical, sociability, charisma

He can just ignore them like a big boy

>Nya
>Awooooo~
I'm confused. Are you trying to be a cat, or a wolf?

can i be a wolfcatboy?

I imagine this is the unfinished first page that you're familiar with.

I'm not sure I understand the difference between the luck types, because all of these factors are kind of interconnected. Almost nothing notable happens to you without input by yourself or input by other people.

Say I buy a lottery ticket. Is winning based on: Incoming, because my ticket won? Outgoing, because I picked the right numbers? Or Surrounding, because the person responsible for drawing the numbers picked the numbers I had on my ticket?

Or is it meant in such a way that many of them can apply to the same scenario?

Anyway, for now:
Learning
Health
Perception
Incoming luck

Drawback: Charisma

I guess that's one way to solve the ambiguity.

This is the finished version of the first page, more or less.

This is an example of what I talked about on the second page, a manner in which you can play the image without becoming one of the Children. For those that would prefer to be monsters.

So, I really did work on it more. I always liked the darker children's stories when I was little. I read a book full of stories about things under the basement stairs, and a girl who always wore a ribbon around her neck. I do like wonderland and neverland type concepts as well, so this married such things.

The World Below is technically the farthest along. The parts with innocence are complete. It was implementing monsters and ways to obtain people to eat/give to other monsters in trade that was never finished.

I suppose it's time patience was rewarded.

Yes that's it. Looks good so far. I do hope you finish it.

I like that kind of stuff too! So far it looks great!

Dammit, I keep forgetting to download the DLC page when someone posts it...

That's a really good question.

I think it would be Outgoing, since you cannot win if you do not play.

I always invisioned it in the classic action hero scenario:
>be hero
>never get hit by the bad guys (incoming)
>hit all the bad guys (outgoing)
>friends make it through alright, or with non-lethal wounds (surround)

i dont really understand this, if with luck you can solve all situations without effort what is the purpose of intelligence or wisdom?

>i dont really understand this, if with luck you can solve all situations without effort what is the purpose of intelligence or wisdom?
But it doesn't

luck is overpowered

Your stroke of inspiration sadly wasn't very inspired.

>be hero
>never get hit by the bad guys (incoming)
>hit all the bad guys (outgoing)
>friends make it through alright, or with non-lethal wounds (surround)
let's use this as an example
if with luck everything goes well and requires no additional effort such as say, a cleverly designed plan with everything taken into account then what is the purpose of intelligence or wisdom?
you may aswell walk directly into a gun wielding maniac knowing full well the gun will fail and not harm you

God please nerf luck

It's just some luck/more than usual luck, not all the luck. Only in that case everything else is useless.

then you are arguing in favor that whether you are lucky or not is a matter of probability rather than a constant?
if this is so then buying luck is a complete gamble, you dont really know when it will work or it wont

That's how luck normally works, yes.

Name: Lindaswen Thereliel (goes by Lindas)

>Lunestier

>Arcane Magic x3
>Summoning Magic x3
>Tactics x3
>Magic Refinement
>Maneuvers x2

>Valerie Bluewood
>Allyce Westhold
>Crale Edwards
>Tennie Northbreed

>The Great Hunt (every year)
>Security
>Bodyguard

>Art/Music
>Paranormal Research

>Bookworm

I was a orphan adopted by Lunestier groundskeeper. A teacher saw that I have strong innate magical skills. So I got accepted in the prestigious magical school.

Hopefully with my summoning magic and tactics I can basically become a general of my own magic army and I can use arcane magic to protect myself and support my army. After graduation my friends and I can go on quests to find treasures and lost knowledge and help protect peasants and kingdoms. After I become stronger, I can take over a old castle as base and start small Queendom of magical creatures summoned from the different planes. Then become a famous mercenary company and have my magic army help settle conflicts in exchange for extravagant gifts and titles.

Eventually have more titles than all those pompous spoiled students at school who wouldn't except me because I'm "poor" and "low class".

This is why Luck is the Ultimate Talent. It's the absolute power, you don't need anything else at all.

I didn't mean that luck was as powerful as the example, but that the example was how it worked.

Luck does not allow you to experience the great pleasure of contemplating the nature of reality and our place in the cosmos, it, at best, allows you to guess the right answer on a pointless multiple choice question.

More importantly, while luck "could" theoretically do anything, it may be a lot more difficult to accomplish through luck rather than another attribute. For example, just randomly throwing electronic parts together could theoretically end up as a fully functioning computer, but that requires insane amounts of luck, whereas the knowledge of how to build one is far easier to achieve.

Similarly, you might hope that, by some random whim of entropic forces, all the particles around your enemy happen to pass their energy onto him all at the same time, causing his blood to boil or his body to burst into flames. But it's much easier to just punch him in the face.

Just like intelligence doesn't give you omniscience, luck probably doesn't give you "everything that can happen WILL go your way", it's just more likely to work out. Great supporting skill, but if you simply don't have the means to get a somewhat reasonable chance to succeed, luck is unlikely to change it.

Inspiration for a small, quick CYOA.

It was a good break from the large CYOA i'm working on.

Luck is OP im going to complain with the admin of this game and tell him to nerf luck or im quitting.
you guys should do the same
Im messaging the admin right now.
Hey god mind nerfing this shite already?

These are all assumptions. Nobody knows exactly how luck works.

>what is the purpose of intelligence or wisdom?
Wisdom: You never get hit because you know where the bad guys are going to attack from
Wisdom: You never miss because you know how your enemy moves
Wisdom: You prepared everything and your friends survive

You're assuming one option is massively OP and at the same time assuming all other options are massively UP

That's precognition, not wisdom.

I thought it was being Batman?

Uhmmm... I find your example not very accurate if anything wisdom would make you study your foe leading to the results you mentioned, those result you mentioned are not the result of you coincidently doing them or accidentally taking place as in with luck, this is why in a straight battle widom and intellogence are utterly crushed by luck. However if the intelligent and wise character has time to prepare and study his opponent he could singlehandedly wipe out entire armies with clever tricks rather than a cheap probability which makes you always succeed no matter what.

>Uhmmm...
I don't give a fuck what you think

Thanks for accepting defeat so maturely.

I didn't read your shit. You want to believe on option is unfairly good? Go ahead. You do that. You're wrong, but good on you. Do what you want

>oh boo hoo this attribute is better than my favorite one why is life so unfair

I really like this one and wish I wasn't at work so I could do a character journal style write up of choices.

>Rural Japan
>Temperate

>Mountains, Woodlands, Beachfront, Rivers
>Islands (extra)

> Cozy Cabin

> Village Border

>Inviting Pendant, Pale Ring, Rusty Dagger

>Endless Expanse

>Guardsman

> Blossoming Meadow, Primeval Forest, Healing Spring, Siren Overlook

> Nostalgic Chief
> Christmas Cake (extra)

>Ruined Cathedral

110% Comfy

Has there been any good OC in the last few weeks?

Without knowing your tastes I'll have to go with "no"

>Strength, Charisma
>Endurance, Health
>Luck, Incoming

architectural style hellenic seaside
climate temperate
geographical features woodlands, volcano, marshland, lakes, islands, beach front, coral reef and cave systems

living accommodation tower lodge
residence location village border
special artifact shiny marble, inviting pendant, pale ring, ragged doll, soft blanket, yellowed book, bronze bracelet and rusty dagger

village borders the high walls
occupation guardsman
village highlights fairy grove
village guide nostalgic chief, christmas cake and dapper gentleman

uneasy peculiarities ruined cathedral, wandering god, nature sprite and decay city ruins

I like how you think

What are some comfy cyoas /cyoag/?

They all get posted each thread and you know this. The important quiestion is, why am I responding to you when you're shitpost/baiting and everyone knows?

you're getting paranoid man

I'll take Endurance, Wisdom, and Luck.

My stats are strength, wisdom and luck

Is he? The same phrase in the same manner is posted literally every thread in the same exact fashion.

I don't think that user is too off-base.

It's general thread syndrome user.

Its best to let idiots have their soapboxes to shout from.

No, No he's not. This fucker posts this same shit all the time, about "comfy" cyoas.

couldnt find the other pages not sure if they are done but interesting

calm down before you burst your neurons ahmed

it's a wip

Gotchu senpai

i hate all of you, i dont know why i am even here

Thanks!

please stop posting hell invasion garbage

Nya, senpai dont be a meanie to him

>Heavy: Hard to kill, very powerful, and quite rare. A single one is quite dangerous, but certainly not something you cannot defeat. Usually found in very small groups or alone - always found in fairly decently sized squads.

>Usually found in very small groups or alone - always found in fairly decently sized squads.

Sayama is easily the best.

The obvious choice seems to be Felicia Alice Gato
I'm down for a crazy DTF chick that'll drink and fuck all night with me.