media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread
What's the best way to run an aquatic or boat game?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12451483
dandwiki.com/wiki/Thri-Kreen_(5e_Race)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Internet_Defense_Force
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

With exactly three sea monsters per campaign.

strawpoll.me/12451483

People are that into the Artificer?

>After mystic

Would you like to see Binder in 5e? Should it be a archetype of something, or it's own class? Can you kludge up a substitute through multiclassing in the meantime?

No binders, please. You can get the same flavor by playing a GOOlock and it wouldn't bring anything fresh to the table.

Rate this Thri-Kreen adaptation:

dandwiki.com/wiki/Thri-Kreen_(5e_Race)

Would you allow it / how would you adjust it?

I think it makes sense.

Artificer needs more stuff to them. More archetypes.

It also needs to be revisited for flavor and functionality, as it's a little underwhelming and the idea of making a magic item steals a lot of creative space from the DM's tools.

I want more official races. I don't need to play a pansexual kitsune orphan snowflake, but a little more variety would be nice.

Those crystal dudes from 4e where cool.

Can you give some examples of what you'd want?

holy fuck NO

So it's wood elves except
>-Perception prof
>-Fluff weapon training
>-Charm resistance
>~Can't hide from lightly obscuring nature, but advantage on visual hide checks while stationary
>+Leap
>+Permanent Mage Armor
>+2 extra holdy-bits that can wield most weapons and perform somantic components, and an extra item interaction per turn

Needs tuning. I'd not let the extra arms use weapons or spells, just items. Extra interaction is good though, I've done that for a similar 4-armed race before.

>I'd not let the extra arms use weapons or spells
Oh boy now you've done it

I have found there are enough these days that it is easy enough to fluff stuff from one of them into what I want. As what are you looking for that isn't covered by the 15 or so current races.

Try out some of the monster races from Volo's. Goblins are deceptively fun.

Something a little off the beaten path, like Ratfolk or a playable stat up of Bullywugs.

more furry races... great

Yeah, I was checking out Volo's. Those flightless bird guys that can't speak look fun RP-wise, but I'm sure it would annoy the other players after a while.

Hey man, Ratfolk are awesome. Nothing fetishy going on here. The bullywug is mainly because they've become an in-joke for my playgroup and it would be cool to play one.

I've got a Kenku player right now and she communicates by parroting the things other players say. It hasn't gotten annoying yet, and there have been some funny moments where she just mocked the other players by parroting them with a weird inflection.

>bullywug
DMG pg. 282, you're welcome

You could just play a wererat then, couldn't you?

whooops

Ratfolk or Bullywugs could be made pretty easily with fluff modifications to current races.

Do people use the monstrous NPC creation rules to roll PCs? It feels a little weird to me that some player would take negative stats while the rest of the group doesn't have to. It's not like the NPC races are even broken either unless you're doing something like playing a Skeleton Frenzy Barbarian.

I've used them, if your players are gonna piss their pants about not having some stat bonus because it's not "fair" you can change it.

Dumb question, but I've been asked to run a game and I have no real ideas for any kind of plot. Would throwing the Yawning Portal Dungeons at them be a good idea, when it comes out?

Do your players demand an original story by you? If not, why not run a module?

Kraken, Dragon Turtle, and Aboleth? It seems weird that they don't have a traditional sea serpent.

Not him, but I've never understood using a pre-written campaign. Surely players would derail it pretty quickly, and if they didn't, it's barely more than a CYOA, no?

I wanted some advice on a custom setting that substitutes outer planes power blocs with four cosmological forces. Law and chaos have always played second fiddle to good and evil or even demons and devils, and demons and devils are not really that different from one another in practice (the truth and liar door puzzle comes to mind). So I replaced them with cosmos, order, discord and chaos.

Cosmos is about maintaining harmony because order and discord are dangerous (PC races, celestials, etc). Order is about security (formians, modrons, inevitables, etc). Discord is about freedom (aberrations, slaad, obyrinth, etc). Each believes they are good because they want to maximize happiness for all.

Chaos is basically the same as in Warhammer and allows for demons, devils, yugoloths, etc to alternately fight or work together. It's chaos as evil, corruption, hypocrisy and at war with itself.

Any advice or criticism?

Any barb tips?

This is how I necromancer.

sounds like every manichean system from late antiquity

dont reinvent the wheel

Most bars are tipped, yes.

barb*

Any tipb on manly barb?

I was actually considering running one. Storm King's Thunder, most likely. But they haven't really asked for anything yet.

Oh, you.

Curse of Strahd is probably the best one they've put out so far, if you're going to run one run that. Storm King's Thunder is kind of unsatisfying mostly because giants suck.

Do you have a ghost anchor?

Get your rage off before combat starts if you have bonus action options.

I'll keep that in mind. Are there any close seconds?

I put bedsheets over my skeletons so that when they walk up to townsfolk to scare them they say "You're gonna have to try a bit harder than that to scare me." Then they pull the bedsheet off and their eyes fly out of their head and they run away leaving behind a cloud of dust.

It feels like you are just renaming lawful chaotic good and evil. If you want to reinvent the outer planes get away from personality types being their descriptions.

Instead make a number of different planes but give them their own story.

>Hamada is known for its struggling conflict between Slaads and Demons.

>Branford is an ocean world where Modrons sail the seas looking for land with their unsteady alliance with Devas.

>Mystic ends up as a bunch of shitty archetypes for Fighter , Rogue and Wizard.

This pleases me!

Storm King's Thunder is probably the best one they've put out so far, if you're going to run one that. Curse of Strahd is kind of unsatisfying mostly because Strahd sucks.

Just make it a Warlock Pact with a bunch of specific invocations. Flavor wise they threw the binder into Warlock since 4th Edition and its still there in 5e. Hell, it was especially in the playtest for 5e.

Shardminds were interesting and I'd like to see them again in a relevant setting where they fit more. Though that is dependent on Psionics going forward. Killorean/Wilden would be interesting to see again.

Lost Mines of Phadelvar is probably the best one they've put out so far, if you're going to run one that. Princes of the Apocalypse is kind of unsatisfying mostly because Elementals sucks.

What would be some benefits to having a Primordial as your patron? Spells that do a certain kind of damage or effect are increased?

Giants have some pretty hilarious potential.
>hill giant kid playing with two halflings as if they were dolls.
>stone giant golf swings you into next week
>piggyback rides with Harshnag for the whole party
Fun times.

It'd be nice if artificers felt like ingenious inventors rather than "hi, I'm a discount wizard that comes with free magic items."

hurr durr im a big aloof giant who gets roleplayed like a big dwarf

hurf durf im a big dumb giant who gets absolutely destroyed by the action economy in combat

hurr im a giant so i live in a giant place with no meaningful exploration potential

Princes of the Apocalypse

That's a DM problem, not a problem with giants.

Not man enough to throw down with more than one giant at a time?

Literally a nonexistant issue you pulled out of your ass.

Do Clones have muscle tone? The spell says they grow to maturity, but I don't know if that would necessarily excercise the muscles.

I don't know how to DM a giant therefore they suck.

The fuck is your problem user. Giants in scale and scope are wondrous for thematic encounters and all the villains have interesting if shallow motivations given the odd freedom they find themselves in.

it's a magical cloning spell, it basically creates a physical copy of the person. I wouldn't worry about things like muscle tone or anything like that.

Artificer is currently a good idea that is very limited. With some tweaking they could easily be amazing

Has anyone run out of the abyss? If so, how did it go? I was thinking about picking it up and giving it a whirl

Anyone got an inspiration for my Tiefling warlock background story (great old one pact)

Do Clone abusing characters get punished with incontinence?

Was part of a town guard or detective that helped bust a cult, wound up being approached by a GOO in their dreams to track down their artefacts that allowed mortals to leech their power without consent in return for a real slice of power

You partied so fucking hard that you accepted some shrooms from a hot chick (actually another Warlock of the same or perhaps another GOO) which, when ingested, dropkicked your consciousness through the layers of reality until you encountered your Patron and formed a Pact in your sleep.

Hey 5eg, I'm playing a third level wild magic sorcerer in our campaign.
What are some fun things i can do?

You couldn't do that in 4e when primordials were actually a thing. A few of the entities listed as potential Great Old Ones have also been labeled primordials in previous editions, like Dendar the Night Serpent. So a pact with a primordial is covered by the GOO option and doesn't need its own rules.

Get yourself killed and reroll for a better character. Always great fun.

Ask your DM for a house rule that makes the wild magic surges more common.

Get along with the rest of the party and take their interests into consideration when weighing risks.

Are there any suggested fixes for the UA Artificer? I feel like it's a tad underwhelming the higher level it goes.

Gun smith should probably work like alchemist and let you pick different shot types at certain levels. It's kind of dumb that all the cool options are locked into such levels.

Other than that I don't know. Maybe make them half casters instead of third casters?

GIDF on the case

Considering a major feature for them is being able to hand off the buff spells more easily, 1/3 casters was a terrible line up with that.

Quality idea

Giant (something) Defense Force?

What are some good modules from past games that haven't/aren't being converted?

>sounds like every manichean system from late antiquity
>dont reinvent the wheel
It is intended to be compatible with existing mechanics and mostly compatible with fluff. Manichean systems don't have three "good" sides in conflict.

I am sort of renaming them. It is not a reinvention so much as a change of emphasis. All to hand wave why demons and devils feel interchangeable and to make modrons and slaads equally important and viable as foes.

What I find strange is the lack of cantrips. That's usually a half caster thing.

I'm playing one right now (level 1 campaign) but honestly I'm just afraid I'll get outscaled.

Does wotc have a specific forum to discuss UAs?

Is John Wick just the ultimate example of murder hobo vengeance? Do your players take revenge more seriously or less seriously than John Wick?

Internet defense force
The meme comes from the JIDF, or Jewish Internet Defense Force
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Internet_Defense_Force

Having Cantrips would make that mediocre gun even moreso.

You shouldn't be completely outpaced. Infuse Magic, popping out magic items periodically, a free flying mount, and thieves tool expertise are all useful. In combat you're basically a rogue. Out of combat you're a bit weird, but you certainly have utility.

Up the gun damage by one d6 and add in some kind of Grit Point system for Gunsmith, like in 3.PF

Not really since sneak attack damage is generally better than cantrip damage.

What is a good construct that scales into late game?
From what I undertsand, your construct's HP doesn't go up at all, right?

Literally tides or chaos all the time. True strike one enemy before combat starts, tides of chaos to they advantage on the other. Twin witch bolt and become emperor palpatine.

Well, it's a step down from sneak attack. Sneak attack gets the base weapon on top and TWF can get you 2 shots at it.

My real annoyance is that you can't really go Artificer/Rogue and play a sniper (As you need your bonus action for both reloading and hiding to get sneak attack)

>more cantrips
Fuck this potterverse bullshit.

Can't you only sneak attack once per turn?

Do you think that John is the penultimate paladin of vengeance?

Honestly, you won't find one that scale to late game. The construct very quickly just becomes something to block space with (And can't be taken on all adventures due to it's difficult to fit into tunnels size)

Yeah, that's why I said 2 shots at it rather than two sneak attacks. If you miss with your first attack, the second one can lay on sneak attack if it hits.

Does wonders for your chance of getting sneak attack happening when you've got two tries.

Tell me about Bards. What's their deal? Why does playing music help them do magic and shit?

Music is the original, true magic.

150 ft range is very nice though.

Anything with fly speed will be at least somewhat useful one way or another. Otherwise it'll just take up space after a certain point.

Their music is a pale imitation of the music the Ainur sang when Iluvatar created the world. They are accessing the power of the gods and creation.