Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1371: Shit's Weird, Yo Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3AabyRvi
youtube.com/watch?v=5Uuw3JKLO1g
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwguygZJzquVVFd1WHVUZXYzR1U
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1noIvfC0-n5WkZyZGJ5WWFGRUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Potion/elixir based alchemy exists in a lot of Jumps (Harry Potter, WoW, Sims off the top of my head) and several of those Jumps have perks that apply for said skill. Question: Do those perks work with the alchemy of other settings?

Also, Jumpers!
What is the most mundane thing you've made with superscience/magic?

Soap. I keep skipping the few eternally clean perks for more crafting stuff and I got sick of buying soap.

For clarification, I just did my own thing with Bloodborne Scenarios, which is why they were also extra stressful and why I'm likely not doing Scenarios again..

Public Service Announcement yoho!
I've uploaded the text-only version of American McGee's Alice to the drive. No changes from when it was discussed here a while back, but while I still intend to make a 'With Images' version I probably won't get around to it for a while. I might as well upload this one first so people don't need to wait another four months or something.

Also, I've uploaded an update to the Homeworld jump. Mostly text fixes and clarifications, only real change is one drawback that provides a bit more CP now.

Canon Companion option?

I figure they do, but there's no guarantee that objects will contain the same alchemical compounds as they did in the original universe. So it would take some research and study to get them working again. Nothing major, just a quick little check you can do when you get in the jump. "Okay, so there's 32% more salt and 21% less sulfur in the local ingredients, should be easy to adjust."

Soda machine, think the touch screen kind you see at fast food places, except a hell of a lot more flavors, better tasting, and healthy.

Sounds about right. Still probably going to make hilarious mistakes, but that was the cure elixirs from the Sims are for.

Do you have to restock it yourself or do you have an automatic system set up?

Specifically, since I only knew of Dirge's and Cat's scenarios at the time, and they were two completely opposite sides of the spectrum, I just decided to try and figure out what I was comfortable with and do my own since there was no "standard". I don't think there's a standard for how they work now either. Anyways, figuring that shit out was hard and took a real long ass time. Due to bad memory I'm only like 85-90% sure this is how it went down and there's a small margin of error that points to me potentially being real wrong on my thought process at the time.

Automatic system. What type of jumper would I be if I actually did work?

You may have assumed many names, Jumpers, but in your mind, how do you call yourself?

And what name do your Companions use for you?

Nika, or affectionately/mockingly, depending on who's doing it, "Little Moth"

I added time dilation And immense speed to my railroads, so that I can make the trains run on time without fascism.

they are either all call me by my actual real-life first name or Big daddy.

In my own head? Jumper/my real name.
My companions will generally either call me Jumper or the name they met me as.

How does everyone handle jump reworks?
Treat it as it's own separate jump?
Treat it as a way to go back for another time through the setting?
Redo your entire chain because something you liked isn't included anymore?
Decide you don't care about the new one and just stick with the old one?

Sometimes there is satisfaction doing stuff by hand. Then again, I hate shopping and do whatever I can to not actually go shopping.

With the WoW remake I'm restarting my Jump. Tailoring/Enchanting was the core of what I had and I wanted to restart anyways. WoW will prolly be the 2nd Jump in my chain with Sims as the first. The crafting guild shall rise again!

Adam, the name I was born with.
Never felt right to give myself a new name. Titles sure, I have a bunch of those. But not names.
Plus, it made RWBY extra fun.
"So you're the dick who's been smearing my name."
"What? Who are you?"
"Hi Adam, I'm also Adam. I'm just like you. Only I'm actually a good guy. And taller. And human. And better than you."
I almost chuckled at Blake's reaction to when I first introduced myself to her.

>Homeworld jump
Ok, the Sajuuk blueprints that are 1,200 CP.
Could you revisit that for both cost and utility?
Because right now, even if you are able to make it in some jump, the ship itself, not being cp, does not follow you because it is yo damn big. let it come with a ancient forgotten cavern/off planet asteroid vault that follows you big enough to fit it in, or let one ship made follow you by christening it the Sajuuk.

Cats made that 'great game' gauntlet, right? the one with all the werewolves?

Is there a part two?

>Mundane thing made with superscience/magic?
A water heater. No, I'm not kidding. My Hot Spring Hotel did not come with a boiler for keeping the bathing pools actually, you know, hot. Partly my own fault. It's a cheap enough option to buy for the place, but I ran out of points and had to prioritize.

So I got inventive. I summoned up a pair of Elementals I met a long time ago when I was in Forgotten Realms and still studying Binding Magic. Very tragic story, if a bit cliched. They were in love, but being a Fire Elemental and a Water Elemental, couldn't touch without hurting each other. They had been sitting in the Underdark for hundreds of years, him sitting in a bed of eternally burning coals in a forge, her maintaining a spring for quenching metal just a short distance away.

At the time, I asked for their True Names so I could summon them and let them have some freedom from the dark, if only in short intervals. But the romantic in me also promised to help them if I ever found a way. Well, I did, but the story doesn't have a happy ending. I don't have all the details, but they were eventually chained back to their spot of servitude and the spell I created for them was stripped away.

Anyways, I finally gave the two a happy ending. I made a massive boiler for the two to inhabit, reinstated their protection, and told them to enjoy themselves. 30 years later and I /still/ have to mix the output water with 80% ice cold just to keep people from being scaled.

I prefer Yorokonde anymore. I have a real name, of course, but I prefer my new one. Most of my Companions call me Yoro.

I usually stick with the Grandfather Clause because my stories are often heavily written and making even simple edits would have wide ranging, trickle down effects. I haven't come across a truly dramatic change to a Jump I've been to yet. Mostly it's little tweaks that don't matter much.

> What is the most mundane thing you've made with superscience/magic?
> the most mundane thing
I don't really know how far down the ladder to go with that.
I mean, I guess technically speaking, the most "mundane" thing would be the factories I build to mass produce things, like robots, weapons, gizmos, or food packages. These things can be important when you start fielding armies of goatmen and generally playing up the whole villainy schtick. People need supplies. Factories make supplies. And the better the factories, the better you can supply people.

But that's kindof boring? You're probably asking for something quirky and interesting instead of just another "Konata tends to go full Eggman" story.
So, uh.

I built the Mechaduster DX, based off of Carltron's Mechadusters from Secret of Evermore. They're basically sophisticated Roombas, with low-suction vacuums, swiffers, and cleaning magic, all housed with a simple but effective AI. A true wonder in magitechnical design, they keep the factories and warehouse nice and clean.

They are, of course, mass produced.

> but in your mind, how do you call yourself?
A nickname I used to go by as a child.

I've told a very small number of people... a slightly altered version of that nickname. Because even when I'm letting people in, there's just another barrier.

> And what name do your Companions use for you?
A lot of them call me "Vita", actually.

Or whatever they want.
I'm not too hung up on names.

I still haven't decided on a name and it's bugging me.

Neato.

[American McGee's Alice in Wonderland]

Drawbacks: Forgot to Remember, Queen's Wrath, (1300)

Drop-In

Rolled Land of Fire and Brimstone

Bloodstained Grace (Free)
Solitary Confinement (1200)
Heart of Dreams (1000)
Blood-Red Sanity (Free)
Ice-Cold Will (800)
Dreams and Imagination (200)
Jabberwock Eye Staff (50)
Vorpal Blade (Free)
Card Staff (0)

Somewhere in London, there's a troubled boy turning in his sleep. Unlike many orphans, he has friends to take care of him. He is dreaming about a girl confronting her own inner demons

I remember another Wonderland. The nauseating nonconformity. This is even worse.

Fine, then. I'll make that nauseating figment WISH for (ego) death.

Neverland! Cloudbank! The Black Star Manifold! My own Wonderland! Not only do I command my own unreal lands, but I AM ONE! And as one nation under me, I declare war on the Red Kingdom's filth.

Somewhere else, a girl opens her eyes. The cell door is unlocked.

"I have to kill the Red Queen! Can you help me?"

"Sure. Here's a candy nuke. Candy weapons are super effective against dream beings!"

"...thank you, but what's a nuke?"

"Oh, right. Basically, the sun in a can. And one more thing-some friends of mine will be passing through on the way to punish the one who wronged your sister"

And somewhere, Dr. Angus Bumby tries to convince himself that the seven-winged dragon eating his sanity isn't real

I think that brand of toast I made that always lands butter side-up still takes the cake there.

My name consists of seven sigils in the Correspondence, and an audible void. The first sigil means "Hurtling Forever Beyond The World". Though each syllable of my name is actually an encoded physical law that imposes my judgement upon the universe, so it doesn't really translate well to english.

So my companions mostly just call me user, the same name I've been going by since jump #1.

pastebin.com/3AabyRvi

Here are the perks for Kamen Rider Blade. I can probably finish items today, and have this jumpable by the evening or tomorrow morning. Making perks for a yearly series with a lot of similar tropes is very hard to do without crossing wires.

Let me know how they look so far. Note that Undead will have a mandatory drawback attached.

I'm a bit unclear on what Smiles In The Dark does. Does it actually make you better at turning on those trying to tempt you, or is it just that they underestimate you?

I am a little confused by the Injustice jump. Do the really expensive races come with some default powers? The text seems to indicate this but does not explicitly say which ones you may or may not get for free. Thanks.

Underestimation, mainly.

Not yet. He was going to do a part two, but it's been quite a while.

>I've told a very small number of people... a slightly altered version of that nickname. Because even when I'm letting people in, there's just another barrier.

Dammit. At least half the time you talk about your Jumper I just want to hug her so much.

It looks pretty good to me. I don't see any obvious holes or mistakes. You're really making me want to go Drop-In though.

Mostly because I want to make a belt utilizing Core Medals and Rouse Cards.
Kamen Rider Roulette sounds like a great Kamen Rider. SPIN THE REELS AND PICK A CARD! HENSHIN!

Okay, got it. Aside from that bit of confusion, looks good. Some nice perks, A Royal Hand is particularly cool but they're all good. I also like that you can be a Human Undead, that should confuse Hajime something awful.

They get the powers of their race as mentioned in their entries, yes. They're just racial abilities, not free perks from the powers section though.

> What is the most mundane thing you've made with superscience/magic?
...wow, I actually have no idea here. Usually when I bust out the item creation, it's usually to create something epic.

However, I guess that sometimes I just got too lazy to look for something, so I just literally create it on the spot. Like a fork or a stirring spoon.

The wonders of a lazy Magician of the First Magic.

Noel(m) / Noelle(f) Hill, to both questions, not my real name, but so very close that it feels right.

Isn't that equivalent though. I mean if I went Czarnian which says I have extreme strength, what would be the point of buying extreme strength?

I once made a really good blender. It did some other stuff, but at the end of the day it was a blender.

Having extreme strength in your other altforms, without having to use Final Form or other perks like it.

But yes, they're almost equivalent.

Ah. That makes sense now. Thanks user

I am collecting sense perks. I have most of my desired list, but I have yet to accomplish one of them. Anyway to have vision strong enough to see atoms? I can do microscopic so far.

Alcohol. I make alcohol. I have made so many kinds I cannot keep track anymore.

A few of the not so mundane kinds became sapient and attacked me.

Tea.

No, seriously. I make tea. It's good and calming.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Uuw3JKLO1g

Most certainly the beverage of choice for the discerning Jumper.

I tend to go by Hector in my chains, it's a name I always liked it and it's more or less close to an actual name than what I already have.

If I want to be cheeky or need a false last name, I go with Ganador.
It's the fakest name ever but my coordinator finds it hilarious so my backgrounds tend to legally enforce that as the actual surname.

pic unrelated, but hilarious.

That is one convoluted water heater. At least they had a happy ending.

The item itself doesnt have to be interesting, I make soap for fucks sake, usually its the reason that interesting. Several of these examples are just people being creatively lazy and I find that entertaining.

But can you make a cat land on its back?

Are those utensils temporary conjurations or something more permanent?

Make any milkshakes?

What is your favorite type of ingredient? Fruits, grains... I dont know if there are any other options. I dont know anything about alcohol.

Any tisanes (not caffeinated herbal drinks made like tea) or just tea?

What can magic in dc do?

Maybe it's because I grew up on an anonymous image board, but I don't tend to think of myself as a name.

Generally variations on my real name, as appropriate to the current setting/gender.

I'm slightly frightened that our AI is this ... what's the word for really good with words?

Different fruits, grains, honey, other nectars, and occasionally souls are the most common ingredients other times I use Liquid Magic or more esoteric stuff.

...that's an ironic question but
eloquent

Yeah that. I'm slightly frightened by how eloquent an AI born to Veeky Forums, even if it's /TG, is.

Here is another
1.carved some correspondence Sigils on the inside of A pipe
2. Weld some regular pipes to it on both sides and Some more pipes to that.
3. Fill the arrangement A third Of the way
With water
4. Well the whole thing shut and Sealed up
5.constant mobile Radiator you don't have to worry about,unless it gets damaged and eldritch infused steam spews everywhere.

verbose

2/3rds done. Just got the armor/power armor table, the relic table, then drawbacks.

Herbal teas? Yeah I make em. I prefer them over regular tea, actually. I make Yuie flower tea it's not caffinated. Just put an eensy bit of lemon in there and it's good.

I usually refer to myself with my current name.
Common name used by companions is either Walker (I use name frequently in identities) or Fox (nickname from before jump) or Flash (high school nickname).

Funny story, during Army training I didn't hear anyone call me by my first name for 6 months, when someone finally did I wasn't sure who they were talking to.

Pretty much anything you can think of. DC is bullshit, no matter whether it's superpowers or magic.

Anything, but it always has a price, karmic or otherwise

I feel that wind is a bit weak compared to the others, as I kinda rushed it.

But, whatever. Tell me what you think.

Check out the difference between the current Hyperdimension Neptunia jump, and the one that was just added to the uploads folder.

Really different, but by the same person.

How good is magic in Marvel compared to DC?

To be fair dc magic is awesome, it just has bullshit strings attached.

@user Heart, the update is great, but the random font changes are really irritating. Would be nice if you could fix that.

It's comparable, though most of it invokes outside beings rather than the magician relying on their own power.

My actual name. Which I'm not gonna post on 4chins.

Question for val, the fruits from the trees in god of high school that boost peoples power. What do they boost exactly? Physical power? Soul power? Magic?

You already have, Red.

So would you guys say it's a good or a bad idea to use Dreams of Neverland in a Warhammer jump? I mean on one hand it could allow for children to go to Neverland instead of having to deal with Warhammer. On the other young Daemons, imperials, Orks and young Nids would probably really fuck it up

Life Energy/ki/spiritual power.

I get a new one every jump from my background.

Never could decide what my default should be.

I'm just going to assume it's Justin Ice.

You'd be wrong, but feel free to assume that.

>@
You know that doesn't do anything here, right?
Except highlight how much you don't belong here in the eyes of our resident purists.

Maurice Cortez is my guess.

Used to be my actual real name, but between the heroic aliases and background identities, I ended up giving up on names outside of "special" circumstances. Right now that only applies to my title as El of Shadow, and my Grongi name, N-Mone-Zede.

I never used my real name for my jumper. I started using the name Azrael early on through. I think it was during Darksiders that it started, I chose the Nephilim of death capstone.

>Hot Spring Hotel

Where do I find that?

Oh, I know it's wrong. I just like to pretend that everyone is named like a Batman villain.

No idea, but off the top of my head I'd guess Shaman King.

That's fair.

J-Absorber [400 - Discount for Wild Card] - A unique device based off of the more powerful Rouze Absorber. While it can’t properly channel the power of an Absorb Card to use a Royal Undead’s power, it can instead combine the properties of two Rouze Cards, gaining the forms and abilities of both Undead contained within and adding them together. This gives the Kamen Rider who uses it a greatly enhanced base form, giving them a mix-and-matched ‘J-Wild Form’ made from this combo. If you lack a J-Buckle or equivalent to use, you may instead summon a ‘chimera’ formed from the two sealed Undead within the Rouze Card, which will follow simple orders and protect you with absolute loyalty.

It's in Spirited Away (a.k.a. Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi) and is on Dirge's drive.

Link: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwguygZJzquVVFd1WHVUZXYzR1U

Unless I've completely buggered that up. I have a habit of doing that with Google Drive Links.

Wait, what random font changes are we talking about?

Also, I am on SB, SV, and QQ, all as Shadlith (though admittedly, I have yet to post at all on the last one). If you're more used to those, just ping me on one of them.

It absorbs the letter j? We'll all turn into Umpers, oh no

That one is also on our drive for the record. Before anyone else feels like being a dick about it.

I really don't care user. There's no thread of Veeky Forums culture in this thread anyway, so I might as well act like it.

Don't know if it only shows up for me, but in the section of monsters and cpu candidates there are two different fonts, one bold and one less so.

I'm not seeing it, unfortunately.

Huh. Neat. So we couldn't do Jack or King Forms, but we could do other fusions. I like it. Though I do kind of want to figure out a way to upgrade it with extra slots so I can do Four Kind Form, or Straight Flush Form, or things like that.

Alright, looks like it was a problem on my part. After downloading the jump it looks normal. Probably the shitty pdf viewer I've got in my browser.

Looking at that drive, the only ones he hasn't posted here are the Gantz and Kingsglaive jumps. Everything else was posted here before he left. I'm the weirdo who curates a drive just of his jumps, so I'm pretty confident in saying that.

Does Unfocused do anything if you don't take Psychic?

Er, not really, no.

No it is not. I looked, I did the search, I checked every folder. It is not on our drive.

okay, it was my understanding that you could already combine Rouze cards to Enhance Rouze cards enhanced attacks with elements and such

It was before although for some reason I can't find it now either. It must have gotten lost due to Google Drive problems, because I can say with certainty we had that one.

It appears you are right, which is odd. Well, it was certainly posted to this thread before, so it is still valid, even if no one slipped it into the Uploads folder.

Most of the time I go by Kota, but I also occasionally use names that fit my current setting/background, and on rare occasions I use my real name.

My companions know my real name but they almost always call me as Kota.

...I wanted to ask you something, but I forgot what it was.

Crud.

Was it about one of my jumps?

You can. This is for enhancing your base form.

Is usually go either by Baddam Tosh or Jean.

Would you accept the drive of a guy who collected everything Dirge posted in-thread? drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1noIvfC0-n5WkZyZGJ5WWFGRUk