The Tyranid Problem

>How many more worlds would he watch die? Privately, he saw this latest tyrannic war as unwinnable. No effort was great enough. Every victory against them had been won at enormous cost, and those victories were isolated instances in long lists of defeats. Who could defy the tyranids if the Imperium did not? Not the eldar, nor the upstart tau. The former were divided, the latter’s empire too small. Neither were sufficiently numerous. The orks would rage against the Devourer, but be consumed by the voidspawn as methodically as caprids strip a meadow and turn it to a wasteland. None of the galaxy’s other myriad races were great enough to stand against them.

>>If they were all to come together, they would last a little longer. Dante could not envisage unity among humanity. An alliance between species strong enough to overwhelm the Great Devourer was an impossibility.

>Dante lacked Sanguinius’ gift of foresight, but he could imagine a galaxy scoured of biological life easily enough, the bones of civilisations picked over by necron dynasties and other abiotic beings. Even they would not survive, but dwindle and die in the ruins. Looking out over the shattered mess of the tyranid fleet, he found it all too easy to envisage the same scene played out over the skies of Terra– a final defiance before inevitable consumption. Corbulo knew. The Sanguinary Priest had the prophetic sight. He had become withdrawn of late, and haunted looking. Dante could imagine the end. He was sure Corbulo had seen it.

>For all his early life, Dante had been taught to mistrust the alien. It was true the least offensive xenos harboured a deep perfidy. Lenience towards xenos species bought a bounty of betrayal. But in all his long years, he had never truly hated them, not as some of his brothers did. Non-humans strove only to survive as mankind strove. Dante had gleaned enough of the galaxy’s history to know that more often than not, folly and hubris had undone the great civilisations of the past, humanity’s first stellar empire included, and not external threat.

>Mankind had more in common with other sentient species than the adepts of Terra would admit. He supposed that was why aliens were so easy to hate. Not for him. Besides the treacheries and atrocities he had witnessed by xenos hand, he had seen nobility, honour and mercy. Twice recently, he had been forced to fight alongside the necrons against the tyranids. On neither occasion had these most arrogant of aliens betrayed the alliance. Flashes of the virtues and the graces were in all living things.

>In the tyranids, he had finally found something to hate, and powerfully. His loathing for them was the strongest emotion outside of the thirst he had felt for centuries. There could be no accommodation with the tyranids, only war. They had no redeeming features. When he had seen them as beasts, he had regarded them as a problem. When he had learned of the existence of the hive mind, he had come to view them as an existential threat. Now that mind was proving to be as vindictive as the cruellest man, he had grown to despise it.

>Victory might be possible, in the end, but what then? The forces of the Imperium would be so depleted as to fall easy prey to the Great Enemy, or to be overwhelmed by orks, or cast down by the metal overlords of the necron dynasties who would, he had no doubt, turn on them after any ultimate triumph.

-Dante (The Novel)

Dante raises some good points. How will the Tyranid threat be eliminated. At this rate, things look bleak. Not even the return of the Primarchs can save mankind.

Probably can desu. If the Primarchs can break the yoke of technological mysticism, Makinds numbers and technological might would give them a fighting chance.

IIRC, the 3e Nid codex stated that even if the entire imperial arsenal was emptied at the Tyranids and every shot fired was a killing shot, there would still be more Nids to go.

>Necrons and abiotic life will survive the Tyranid galactic harvest

And Tyranidfags said that Tyranids eat metal. blood liars.

I thought lorewriters had basically confirmed that Chaos ultimately wins?

Not the subject of debate here. The issue is that the Imperium cannot fight Chaos and Tyranids at the same time.

Send the tiranids to the warp with the chaos shitters so the can suck each other off ;^)

You can't send Tyranids to the Warp, they won't fit.

>>Mankind had more in common with other sentient species than the adepts of Terra would admit. He supposed that was why aliens were so easy to hate. Not for him. Besides the treacheries and atrocities he had witnessed by xenos hand, he had seen nobility, honour and mercy. Twice recently, he had been forced to fight alongside the necrons against the tyranids. On neither occasion had these most arrogant of aliens betrayed the alliance. Flashes of the virtues and the graces were in all living things.

Is Dante implying that Necrons are honourable and noble? What the fuck?

Luckily, a lot of Imperial weapons are rechargable.

Or don't fire projectiles.

Never fails to get a laugh when Nidfags think they're relevant.

He also says he's certain they'd backstab humanity if they teamed up.

>d.Assblasted Chaosfag

Face it, your wretched faction is only relevant because ADB-tier writers are determined to wank it. Nids have all the plusses of Chaos:

>Infinite numbers
>No bases that can be counterattacked
>Any world lost is lost forever
>Warp fuckery

With none of the downside:

>Unflinching unity vs. brainless infighting
>All forces always in the material realm vs. needs cooperative Warp currents
>Perfect goal-focus vs. random insanity
>Utilizes absolutely every resource vs. "hurr durr what's logistics"

Kek.

No, he's admitting that they're not pure evil.

Not him but even the weakest Chaos daemon is functionally immortal, you can't kill them, just banish them.

In a war of attrition between 'Nids and Chaos, Chaos is going to win.

>Is Dante implying that Necrons are honourable and noble? What the fuck?

See;

>cast down by the metal overlords of the necron dynasties who would, he had no doubt, turn on them after any ultimate triumph.

Tyranids are finite man and need logistics. Chaos does not need logistics and is numberless.

And with Abaddon's zero pylon plan, the barrier separating reality and the warp has weakened to the point of collapsing. That's why you are seeing increased Warp Storm and daemonic activity. The Eye of Terror is already expanding and consuming worlds in its wake.

>Implying our Spiritual Liege hasn't got this covered

If it was Russ or the Khan who came back, sure, but Guilliman's whole 'thing' is build staggeringly efficient states out of pretty much nothing.

I noticed that the Tau get mentioned a long in the same breath as the galaxy's great powers. Any reason for this?

Throwing bluecucks a bone to get them to buy more riptides.

Wrong. See the Fall of Shadowbrink. Shadow in the Warp affects daemons, and nids unlike puny humies feel nothing and have no souls that could feed their power.

Chaos Daemons need no logistics. Unfortunately they can't just pop up anywhere and need mortal henchmen to do shit for them. And said do need logistics. Even CSM need to eat, need bolts for their guns and a ready supply of fresh ships for transport. Not mention aspirants to replace those that inevitably die and uncorrupted gene-seed to use.

And that's not even getting into who's feeding those cultist/mutant armies that form that actual bulk of Chaos forces in the material realm.

>Wrong. See the Fall of Shadowbrink. Shadow in the Warp affects daemons, and nids unlike puny humies feel nothing and have no souls that could feed their power.

Actually, daemons defeated tyranids in wars of attrition at least three times. On thE tyranids own ships even.

>Unfortunately they can't just pop up anywhere and need mortal henchmen to do shit for them.

As of Fall of Cadia, no longer true.

>Actually, daemons defeated tyranids in wars of attrition at least three times. On thE tyranids own ships even.

Khorne Daemonkin managed to pull enough daemons to out-attrition some nids on a splinter fleet, at the cost of the entire warband. Just reinforcing my point that daemons need mortals to do anything. With all but one of the marines dead, that warband is gone. And seeing as Tyranids outnumber CSM by billions to one, it's not even replicable on a meaningful galactic scale.

>As of Fall of Cadia, no longer true.

Wrong. If Abaddon could send an infinite legion of daemons anywhere, he wouldn't need to send some of his very finite Black Legion to try and take out Guilliman on Ultramar. And they get their asses kicked by the Spiritual Liege.

It's not even true in Fall of Cadia - notice the lack of an infinite horde of daemons overwhelming the Eldar who rescue our protags at the end. Cadia is gone, but CSM still have to do the bulk of the lifting.

>Khorne Daemonkin managed to pull enough daemons to out-attrition some nids on a splinter fleet, at the cost of the entire warband. Just reinforcing my point that daemons need mortals to do anything. With all but one of the marines dead, that warband is gone. And seeing as Tyranids outnumber CSM by billions to one, it's not even replicable on a meaningful galactic scale.

There is also the coven supp where daemons manifest overboard a Tyranid tendril and then slowly rip it apart.

>Wrong. If Abaddon could send an infinite legion of daemons anywhere, he wouldn't need to send some of his very finite Black Legion to try and take out Guilliman on Ultramar.

Wait until the story comes out. Fateweaver, Magnus, and their daemons materialised to stop Girlyman.

>It's not even true in Fall of Cadia - notice the lack of an infinite horde of daemons overwhelming the Eldar who rescue our protags at the end.

I mean with the destruction of the pylons and the growth of the Eye and other Warpstorms in the galaxy. Daemons have free range to attack every the Warp storm rage and the Warpstorms are now all over the galaxy. New one spawning as the walls of reality collapse. Daemons are now making their way to Terra even without Abaddon.

Not to mention that humanity's psychic evolution is entering a dangerous cycle where a lot of them are exploding into daemons.

On their own or with help like this (picture related.

The mechanicus blows up everysingle sun into black holes, all mankind dies, the emperor merges with the souls of billions of psykers and guides the mass souls of humans into the warp BTFOing the chaos gods, the nids,crons and all other shitters die.

The end.

>There is also the coven supp where daemons manifest overboard a Tyranid tendril and then slowly rip it apart.

Which one?

>Wait until the story comes out. Fateweaver, Magnus, and their daemons materialised to stop Girlyman.

And got BTFO for their efforts. Note the lack of them joining the actual Black Legion attack on Ultramar.

>I mean with the destruction of the pylons and the growth of the Eye and other Warpstorms in the galaxy. Daemons have free range to attack every the Warp storm rage and the Warpstorms are now all over the galaxy. New one spawning as the walls of reality collapse. Daemons are now making their way to Terra even without Abaddon.

So are the nids. And Chaos needs its Warmaster to function as anything vaguely resembling a capable galactic-scale war machine. That's been the fluff for a long time now. They're way too petty and at cross-purposes to work together for long without an independent outsider taking charge and beating down any idiot trying to teamkill.

Not anymore.

Its Emprah'ing time.

>time to sell more mary sue fanfiction tier herohammer characters and "triumphrates"

Get ready for the new OP meta once squads of Primarch-clones become standard in 10th edition or whatever.

>mindless and soulless killing machines
>not pure evil

What happened to 40K?

Times change

What do you mean all the plusses.

Chaos has one Tyranids dont

>Is interesting

Tyranids only work as the scary menace, they are litterally incapable of being anything more then just faceless monsters.

Mindless things can't be evil.

>Chaos has one Tyranids dont
>>Is interesting
Top kek, well gues the next you are going to say that Ultramarines are interesting

Predators are way more interesting.

And what the xenomorphs have and the Tyranids don't, is sex appeal.

IIRC If the humans even sleightly organized they could destroy the Tyranids like they were nothing. The Cult Mech (or Skitarii. I can't recall which.) book pointed this out.

>Now that mind was proving to be as vindictive as the cruellest man, he had grown to despise it.

Literally, what did he mean by this? Is there a new lore extract that demonstrates Tyranids can act out of emotion on a macro level, as opposed to being purely calculated?

It's been the lore for a while now, unfortunately.

Spookyhammer

>Emperor wipes off face paint
>OI LADZ DAT WUZ A GOOD SCRAP
>Orks win
the end

Yeah, Valedor and Wraithflight. Both stories shows that the Hivemind harbors extreme hate for certain beings/characters.

Their main vulnerability is void battle since they can't replenish
Time to break out the black hole cannons

Or that their evil is of a predictable understandable variety. To the extent they can be relied on not to act against their own interest. Unlike chaos for example

FIX BAYONETS

>All psykers dying
>Every Tyranid is a Psyker on some level
>All the Tyranids die
GG, No re Tyracucks

They don't draw power from the Warp, dipshit.

The draw power from the Hivemind which is a presence in the Warp. They have more protection due to this fact.

Taken entirely out of context. One forge world figured out a method for other forgeworlds to defeat the tyranids by pumping a layer of promethium into the atmosphere and setting it on fire so that any spore reinforcements would burn up and incinerate the swarms they were meant to reinforce. The plans got misplaced.
This is in no way an easy replicated feat, and the tyranids would inevitably figure out a way around that

This. The problem with the Imperium is it's been culturally stagnant for 10 fucking thousand years, with so little technological advancement that it's basically irrelevant in a wide scale. With Guilliman at the captain's chair,and together with some of the less retarded members of the Mechanicum,there might still be a shot at improvement in every front, and specifically by dispelling all the mysticism surrounding how does human technology works and such; no more ritual sit involving turning engines on and no more Machine Spirit bullshit. And the chances of humanity going back on its feet and winning the upper hand to the 'Nids just increase with every Primarch that comes back,and there are at least two others alive out there. I only hope GW doesn't go full shekel-grabbing and turn 40k into Age of the Empire.

Guys I just finished the Dante novel. Dante got his hands of papers where his Primarch wrote down his last prophecy. It's very interesting and it seems to be relevant to the ongoing narrative happening now. Want to analyse it together, Veeky Forums? Gonna start dumbing it now.

>I fear what I have seen, the primarch wrote. My visions plague me with darkness. So little of comfort can be gleaned from them. The consequences of our victory are dire indeed, as I have described in these writings, and yet there are some things I cannot bring myself to record, visions so dark that they fill my heart with despair.

>The dreams of my father are dead, that is certain. Long aeons await of war and suffering that would break the heart of the Emperor to perceive. He never showed any sign that He saw the dark future advancing towards us. Does He know? I cannot credit that He does not. My gift of foresight– if gift it can truly be named– descends from His, and His is more potent than I can conceive. Time and again I have asked myself, did He always know, and did He foresee all that has come to pass? Or was He, like me, taken unawares? The brighter future I once saw has been burned to ashes and a second, rotten potentiality raised in its place. I curse you, Horus, I curse you to the end of days.

>I have written too often on these matters. I still cannot divine the answer. I shall instead write down my dream of last night. This brought some comfort to me when no comfort ought to be expected, and is thus worthy of record.

>There shall come to pass days of great darkness, when mankind is diminished and all the lights of the world shall be extinguished, and the final scraps of hope torn away. I dreamed I was upon a plain of black sand studded with diamond stars. In the dream there was a great hunger that pervaded all time and space, a more terrible and consuming appetite than the thirst that dogs my sons. It rose from the east of the night, and swallowed the moons of Baal that coursed across the unfamiliar sky. Before Baal Secundus was consumed, a bright light flashed upon it and sped away, outpacing the shadows.

>The hunger spread rapidly, bloated by its meal of my home. Fortified by the blood of Baal, the formless hunger took shape, becoming a ravenous dragon that consumed the stars in great mouthfuls, until the only light was the memory of their glory, trapped in the diamonds on the sand. As the last star was eaten, the hellish Octed of the traitors burned through the western sky, writ in fire on the starless void. Then this too went out, and I was alone in the dark.

>Shadows swirled and parted. The vision lost its disguise of metaphor, and I looked upon a scene that may be a true echo of the future. I saw my father. Ruined. Broken. I knew it was Him, though His body was little more than a corpse, for I could feel His mind. His power was much reduced in potency, and I could feel no sense of consciousness there, merely raging, ungoverned power that threatened to obliterate my sleeping mind. This living corpse of my father was trapped in machinery that fed His soul the essence of others. I do not know if I should commit this to paper, even in my private writings. He cannot ever know of this fate, if He does not already. Or is He aware, and makes this choice between that life in death and the utter destruction of mankind? If so, my respect for my father grows.

>saving mankind

There is your problem.

>As the guns of the Warmaster pound at the walls of the Palace, perhaps this miserable reality is the best that can be hoped for. Perhaps this is what I must die to ensure.

>The hunger came for my father. The puppets of the Dark Gods clashed with the hunger for the pleasure of killing Him. There was a warrior in gold before the throne, surrounded by my father’s Custodians and other heroes who, mighty though they were, paled next to the lords of our days. There they fought, and there they died. The vision ended as the devourer of flesh and the devourers of souls closed in on my lord and creator. There was despair only, despair and more despair. But before I woke something more. I sensed stirring in the warp, and the touch of my father, His mind made anew, and the knowledge that all might be well.

>As I am fated to, so too did this golden warrior lay down his life to protect my father. The precious seconds he bought with his blood could change everything, or they could change nothing. Maybe the vision is false. I pray the future is mutable, and so it has proved in the past. All but the moment that draws near, the reckoning when I must face my brother. That I cannot avoid.

>I do not know who this golden warrior was. He appeared similar to my Herald, and I saw my own face depicted upon his mask, but he was not me, and he wore a form of armour I do not know. It is certain that he was one of my sons, and whether his sacrifice will prove to be in vain or not, I know this: that he was a noble warrior, true and purer than any of his age, and I love him for that, for it means that my works for the Emperor, at least, have not been undertaken in vain, and that my unavoidable death might also prove fruitful.

This was Sanguinius final prophecy. What does it all mean?

It's fairly obvious, user, and the setting has long built towards it.
The forces of the Warmaster will march from the west, and the Hivemind from the east, and they shall meet at Terra.

Obviously,that once Cadia falls, Chaos forces will erupt from the Eye of Terror,while at the same time de Tyranid offensive from the Eastern Fringe gains strength,overcomes all resistance (so I guess farewell to the Tau and Ultramar),and as everything goes to hell,all the remaining imperial heroes gather in Terra for the final battle,Dante being the last man standing. That part at the end,about the Emperor being reborn in the Warp, hints that the Golden Throne will eventually fail,and the Emperor's soul won't be free from his corpse until the machine shuts off; so either the heads of the Imperium don't dare turn it off themselves,or it's simply just too complex machinery and they don't known how to do it,so the only thing they can do is let it go down by itself while they buy enough time for the Throne to do so,thus releasing the Emperor and starting Age of Sigmar.

>FW Custodes rules hints at a playable Emperor
>GW hints at the Emperor's return

coincidence?

Well shit. I suppose it was only a matter of time till 40k got SIGMAR'd.

if my lore is still up to date, half of behemoth was send to the warp with the imperium admiral ship

Some really old 2nd edition fluff mentions how the hivemind not only wants to consume all other life, it hates it

Please no. All of this "Nids win" or "Chaos wins" autism is just that: autistic. We don't need nor want another Age of Shitmar.

Its kinda weird, its not a god or anything, its just a quintillion tyranids all relaying info to eachother in 1 mind, blotting out the warp in localised area. One super cruel smart efficient mind. I do believe it says it draws powers from the warp BUT in no conceivable way, like people don't know how they do it because in lore they don't really suffer any of the perils issues.

All this is based off retarded isolated lorewriters who have a fetish for Chaos because they never grew out of the 13 year old Linkin Bizkit phase of their lives and think Chaos should win because "LOL satan an evul for da evulz xDD x3 amirite" and "lol xD so wandum insane kaos godz x3"

Chaos are not unstoppable. In fact, if the Emperor's soul was freed, it's likely he could take on and destroy the Chaos Gods with some severe fighting. His powers as a Psyker and Warrior both scare the Gods. Even Tzeentch.

The Emperor's spirit freed, he'd go kill the Chaos Gods, then the Imperium would hold off the Nids until the Emperor returned.

>Defeatism
Rev up the firing squads baby.

I kinda like this. Even if they never push the setting that far (cause it would kill the setting) I like that is kinda set up as "the end"

Seems like the necrons don't amount to a big enough threat

>tfw Nids are going to get the Necron Treatment with tonnes of "Personality" and "Zaniness" to push models.

Please god no. The most "variation" I would want is maybe "chapter tactics" for different hive fleets. So each hive fleet has a SLIGHTLY different approach. That's it. I don't want heroes or characters or special snowflakes

Nice headcanon.

>Seems like the necrons don't amount to a big enough threat

Or they won't target Terra. Why would they even invade there?

You know it's going to happen.

After years fighting individuals the hive mind has started to copy individual personalities and the hive mind is schisming.

The Swarmlord is actually Swarmidieus, Lord of the Swarm.
His Chief rival is One Eyed Raxor, and they battle it out for control of the Tyranid throne.

There can be only one! But wait, what clever schemes if Parasite Mortisia have in store? Who's side will the Harpy Queen of Salforge choose? Will the great convent of Zoanthropes elect a new leader to fight back the encroaching Chaos-Tyranid menace?

Who knows what fate awaits the Tyranic Empire in this grim dark future that knows only war?

Not as fanfictionally headcanoned as the lorewriters and their Chaos fanboydom.

Except one is official fluff the other is a degenerate's delusion.

>chaos fanboyism isn't degenerative delusion

Go back to Deviantart.

let's be fucking brutally honest here, All nids are some "wOoOoO - we've got INFINITE numbers ~somewhere~" which is almost a child like explanation of a threat

they never take anything meaningful, they never win massive battles, they're always defeated by some hero (at great cost, ie 500 million nameless guardsmen) with plot armour thicker than their skull.

They always take nameless worlds or worlds made up in what ever canon they're in just to build suspense for their inevitable defeat.

the potential for awesome "characters" which could really wreck some planets if they got re-absorbed by the hive(s) and became mainstream like doom of malantai get retconned out of existence (going by recent codex)

and to top if off tyranids have been pretty much bottom of the pile on tabletop for god knows how long unless you run some specific list.

there is so much they could do with nids to make them that much more of a "threat", given that they're a race that can re-write themselves for almost any situation.

Let's take some token examples of what they could do with victims they have defeated:

Space Marines: they'd be like "hey dis is some gud shit" and make everything on par with that kinda of raw power, thus stomping your average humans that much easier.(especially with gene-seed being a thing??)

Eldar: better phychic powers? more agile/faster nids?

orcs: spores that produce more nids when a nid dies? FANTASTIC

and that's just shit I came up with in 2 minutes

>Yep i'm butthurt because I'm a nid player.

>If the Primarchs can break the yoke of technological mysticism
there goes half of the machine spirits, have fun with your worthless dumb AI and now malfunction prone equipment

Not when it is from actual lore writers. How is this so hard for you?

>SIGMAR'd

>implying it would be a bad thing.

Doom of malantai already got reabsorbed and mass produced, there's a new zoanthrope variant called the neurothrope that was released with the shield of Baal books

SHOCKING REVELATION!

>what does it all mean
It's pretty straight forward really. Baal gets wiped out by tyranids, as has been developing in fluff for years. Terra gets invaded by tyranids and chaos, emperor of mankind dies but forms in the warp, Fanta stands between abbadon and the golden throne one last time. None of this is new information, it just fleshed out what was already known and makes the tyranids involvement more important.

But why are the Nids after the Emperor though?

The Astronomicon is a giant porch light, and they're the grimdark moths.

In addition to them all following the massive warp beacon that is the astronomicon, there's a few reasons I can think of
>absorbing the emperors psychic and genetic potential would be game changing
>the nids have figured out by this point that killing the emperor throws the imperium into such disarray that they can't form an effective resistance
>the emperor is actually calling them as part of a desperate gamble because the shadow in the warp is the only thing that could prevent terra from going full eye of terror once the golden throne shuts off

>Who could defy the tyranids if the Imperium did not?

>Orkin pest control here.

You need numbers, the best hope for the milky way revolves around the Necros uniting, or the Orks re-evolving and uniting.

Please don't give GW any more ideas.

The final words uttered in the long 40k conclusion are the Emperor saying pick related.

>the shadow in the warp is the only thing that could prevent terra from going full eye of terror once the golden throne shuts off

Oh. Oh my.

Sanguinius died; the Emperor was entombed upon his throne.

Dante will die, the Emperor will be freed from his throne.

The Shadow of the Warp will offer the buffer needed to keep Chaos at bay, giving the Emperor enough time to coalesce, shut down the Terran warp portal, and cast out the invaders.

>WH41k
>In the grim darkness of the future there is hope.

Yeah, but then what? There's still a gajillion brazilian Tyranids on the doorstep of Terra's solar system. If that doesn't spell "absolutely boned" I don't know what does.

Komus comes

Advancing the fucking plot to an ackshual end-times setting (which in 40k terms is likely to encompass hundreds-thousands of years) is fucking great on paper, and if it wasn't GW in charge of it I'd be more excited than I was as a wee lad that had finished (awfully) painting his first army unironically Dark Eldar

A properly done shift to an Apocalypse scenario for 40k would be fantastic. Chaos and Necrons finally get to unleash all of their high-tier shit, Eldar get the chance to finally become a unified/10 force that can field multiple avatars in a single battle supplemented by Phoenix Lords, Orks grow to heights of WAAAAGH not achieved since the Beast, Tau throw the OHSHIT switch and chimp out to advance technology at all costs, and Nids have the challenge of adapting to all the fucking crazy shit that's happening.

Meanwhile, the Imperium gets the opportunity to reform the Legions, make technology great again, find creative ways to utilize the Imperial Cult to give the Empra strength, and a competent leadership.

Would give so many new toys, rules, scenarios, and lore to play with if done right that I would throw entire paychecks at it.

Unfortunately, GW will just say 'dude the Emperor, Chaos Gods, Ynnead, The Shadow in the Warp and Necron Pylons merged, thus making the entire setting mutable and pointless lmao.'

Wouldn't that be a near-externinatus event?

Definitely a Pyrrhic victory if I ever heard one.

I'm down with it, honestly. It makes sense that the hive mind would in times of plenty go through cycles where it would allow individuals to develop in order to accelerate its evolution, then subsume them back into the hive consciousness for lean times such as traveling to a new galaxy. There's even precedent for it in the Genestealers.

Then Emps overpowers the hive mind, takes control of the tyrannids and siccs them on Chaos.

What if that's already happening?

The Hive Mind is the human's name for the Will of the Swarm, it could just as easily be a gesault mind of individual personalities that have grown from within the collective and are strong enough to maintain distinct.

>nids
>winning against Guilliman
Nah, they are just plot-device to remove Blood Angels.

I'm sorry what the fuck? Is Dante admitting to not hating Aliens? Fucking kill the Heretic already.