/btg/ Battletech General!

---------------------------------

“Welcome to Roast Beef Burger, home of the Roast Beef Burger! Can I take your order?” edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – UPDATED (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

(new)
bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-02-13 - Still getting worked on & now has 11079 pics!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-02-28!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

ha ha butte hold

Reminder that Necromo nightmare is not canon

ilKhan when? Never? Feels like never.

i'll take 'stone is a blakist plant' for 500, alex

4 posts in and every single one is shitposting

t. ROM agent

Don't make me war crime you, sir.

Shitposting is a RWR memetic superweapon that's still going

>Everything points to Stone doing Clarion Call
>Happens one year after he goes to sleep
>When he wakes up he goes "Haha, of course it wasn't me Tucker."

Lear is dead, has been for a long time. Wasn't Victor. My bet is Paladin Mckinnon or some old school Blakists. Since it was originally a Blakist protocol Stone stole.

Would be interesting if some old school deep cover Blakist triggered some of Stone's old Kittery conditioning though and Stone did it without realizing.

What do you think the BT equivalent of Veeky Forums looked like when the Clan Invasion happened?

It's in Handbook Major Periphery States in the history section. It's great. Page 50 is where it starts

Now you have me imagining dear old Davion sending a reaction to image to the CC after pretty much cutting the house in half and making the St. Ives Compant. Spending millions on Comstar charges for the 31st century of a rare Pepe.

Hanse Davion was the BT version of Donal Trump

>Clarion Call

I've seen this before but am not up to snuff on my Post-Jihad(and Jihad also to be honest) lore, what is it?

The activation of a Super HPG network to disrupt hyperpulse traffic. As opposed to Fortress which uses the same devices but to disrupt interstellar travel.

Should be a reply to this

See, that's just not true. When Hanse met Melissa Steiner, he didn't grab her pussy.

Thus, false comparison.

Are you kidding?

>Melissa lifted a small piece of the cake toward Hanse. "Husband, in honor of our marriage, in addition to this cake, I give to you a regiment of BattleMechs and the means to support them in perpetuity." Though her eyes glinted mischievously, Melissa fed the piece of cake to Hanse gently.

>Hanse smiled when he was done, every bit of him exuding the wily confidence that had earned him the nickname of "the Fox." His clear voice filled the hall with happy sounds, but filled Justin with uneasy terror. Something is wrong. Hanse, what are you doing?

>"I thank you for the gift, beloved," began the Prince of the Federated Suns. He lifted a piece of cake in his right hand. "Wife, in honor of our marriage, in addition to this morsel, I give you a vast prize." He slipped the doily from his dessert plate and held the dish aloft in his one hand for all to see. "Here, my love," he said, looking at Melissa with laughing eyes and grabbing her pussy, and by extension the collective pussies of the entire Lyran Commonwealth. "I give you the Capellan Confederation!"

>Donal Trump
I don't think I've heard of that model of PPC before

It does bigly damage.

I actually like this comparison. Not only did Hanse make the Suns into the greatest state that ever did or ever will exist in Battletech, but he did it while slapping the shit out of the liberal paradise that is the Capellan confederation.

Hopefully Trump will let us have an open hunting season on liberals the same way Hanse's troops got to kill every Capellan subhuman they could reach. The best thing for this country would be to depopulate it by a good 70 million liberal undesirables. If Russia and China could do it, we can too.

>Trump kills 100 million liberals just like Hanse killed 100 million Capellans

And if anyone complains about the figures, he can claim "FASAnomics"

>capellans
>liberal

I knew Trump supporters didn't went to school, but this is a whole new level of stupidity

>Trump supporters didn't went to school
>went

Citizen user, you aren't helping us.

I don't think the Confederation was liberal.

If anything, I think they have the Suns and Lyrans beat on being Conservative, being the iron-fisted dictatorship that they have to be.

He's shitposting, don't reply or you'll just encourage him further

For one, being a dictatorship doesn't make you left or right. For another, they're all dictatorships.

Capellans absolutely are like liberals

>everyone's equal (citizens) but some are more equal than others
>membership into their superspecial club (citizenship) is limited only to people who think and act like they do
>obsessed with groupthink and have a secret thought police division
>can't into economics and have produced essentially a failed state
>leaders are clinically insane
>willing to send their own people to death camps if they don't conform sufficiently
>some of their biggest patrons molest children (hillary vis a vis Madcap)
>sexually exploit small children (this whole "loli" thing)
>are OK with living with whores, trannies and other moral degenerates
>based on China and Russia, which are communist, much like liberals are communists
>get constantly stomped on by superior capitalist powers (FWL and FS in Battletech, look what happened to OWS hippies IRL)

So yeah, as far as I'm concerned Capellans are basically equivalent to liberals. And like liberals, the rest of the setting would be a far better place if they were wiped from existence. My real regret is that I'm no longer in the service and won't get to participate when Trump calls up the military, declares martial law, and starts the cleansing this country needs.

>That's a decent and reasonable FedSuns 3025 company.

The Suns is supposed to be a light-weight military and everyone is supposed to have a lot of Bugs. The "perfectly reasonable" company has been whipped completely out of someone's ass and includes the fucking Beemer, which in 3025 fluff is hardly ever seen in the AFFS; it's far more common for the Lyrans, FWL, and Dracs with the Suns the least likely to field one.

But muh Hanse Davion and sheeeet.

What people *think* the various militaries should look like is heavily informed by their own biases and not the actual fluff.

Fluff indicates they're about as common as each other. The Enforcer might be the "official" Suns medium, but the Cent isn't too far behind.

First four actually fit.

Yeah I was tired and got the scale wrong, but the numbers are about right. I though cargo wasn't included in the base weight so I got 20 per cubic metre and you got 13.4. You would literally have to chain a dropship to the ground to stop it from becoming a tumbleweed if it really was as heavy as the TRO describes. Battletech being battletech I guess.

Actually no, the hardest thing about making a submersible DropShip is reinforcing it so it can withstand multiple atmospheres of pressure. A spaceship only has to survive between 0 to 1 atmosphere, depending upon what planet it's touching down to. At merely 100m below the ocean, that jumps to over 10 atmospheres.
Your right, which means that hiding a dropship underwater is also going to be really hard. Any parts of the dropship that don't flood are going to be under exterior water pressure that exceeds what they're rated to handle. At the same time they must support the rest of the flooded dropship like a hot air balloon trying to rip it's tether. This might not be a problem if you sink the dropship to just under the surface of the water, but at that level you could easily spot the dropship through the water and the thermal bloom would be visible from orbit. If you sunk it even deeper to the point that it is completely concealed the water pressure would crumple the pressurized areas like a beer can.

But you're wrong about the submersible part, you can totally make an (intentionally) submersible dropship. Yeah making a pressure vessel is hard, but all real life submarines are just variations on a steel tube. Material science in battletech is SO FAR beyond steel tubes it's not even funny. And we know battletech can handle submarines because submarines do exist, they even have submersible aircraft carriers that are straight outta total annihilation. So in theory the problem isn't making a submersible dropship, the problem is finding a way to make a submarine fly.

Can we please just talk about robots for a minute?

Stop telling truths!

It's OP's fault. He keeps making the threads too quickly, killing discussion in the old threads and creating an awkward silence in the new threads for shitposters.

We need to just let the threads run their course to page 10 before making new ones.

Also my favorite medium is the Griffin.

Their economy is how is has to be given they're sandwiched between two different powers that are both terrible neighbors

So what does the Capellan Heavy mech industry look like going into 3080?

No. Politics is inseparable from all topics now. There needs to be a war, a secession, or an peaceful balkinization of the US into more culturally-homogeneous substates, because right now, the US has devolved into multiple mutually-exclusive cultures that view each other as actual enemies.

A shared love of giant robots isn't enough to keep that in check. We're done as a country, and it's either break up peacefully, break up violently, or purge enough people that whichever culture is left no longer feels threatened.

Sorry, user. I wish it wasn't so either. But as long as we all have to share the country, this isn't ever going to stop.

Not like he'll stop no matter how much it's shitting /btg/ up.

not gonna happen.
To much money, to big a military.

You'l just gotta live with the fact that the US is going to fracture, and keep fracturing, but never break.

Pretty damn good, actally. The lines they have are Marauder X2, Ostroc X2, Thunder X2, Ti'Tsang, Catapult, Crusader, Archer, Cataphract, Warhammer, Avatar, Black Hawk-KU, Helios, Jinggau, Lao Hu.

Compare and contrast to the Suns with 2 Primitive, 7 standard, and a handful of refit sites for older chassis. Or the Dracs, who have even less.

For . More details in the Objectives series if you want.

>the US is slowly but surely becoming the >>>

Well I can understand the Suns, who are trying to scale back after the Jihad and Taurian conflict had them fearing national collapse.

But why would the Combine have so few?

> Black Hawk-KU

Did the Capellans get that from the Combine?

The first 6 apply to both parties with zero modification.
>some of their biggest patrons molest (trump vis a vis grabbing the pussy)
7's the same
>are OK with living with incels, nunazis, and other moral degenerates
I can't even how liberals are communists
>gets constantly stomped on by superior capitalist powers like china and russia

Both your county's parties and main demographic suck. So yeah, as far as I'm concerned you have no idea what liberal means outside republican/democrat american politics. And like americans, the rest of the setting would be a far better place if they were wiped from existence. I can join isis whenever I want tho.

Since Lyran aerospace has always been an interest to me (they're mentioned as using quite a few fixed wing aircraft) how is the "Zugvogel"?

Cappies had no reason to actually get Combine omnis.

What happened was a FanPro Commando and playtester bitched and moaned until the CapCon was given them. Literally, everyone dismissed his insistence and his arguments were shot down but he would relent and eventually TPTB just went along with it.

*wouldn't relent

LAW on Luthien got blown up by the Black Dragons, the WoB damaged some, and the remainder were on planets that were given over to the Republic of the Sphere. So they start cranking out a bunch of new factories but those have limited production levels, especially compared to the lines of other nations that weren't as badly fucked up in the Jihad.

All of the first-gen Omnis were exported and/or manufactured under liscence elsewhere in the Sphere by 3058 at the latest.

>Cappies had no reason to actually get Combine omnis.

Maybe they traded with the Combine for them?

As I understand it, the Confederation and Combine have traded frequently, with the design that would become the Combine's much beloved Mauler stemming from such exchanges.

Or perhaps they obtained the designs through espionage, similar to how the Inner Sphere Standard spread to other factions.

But really, I would have preferred it if the Confederation had produced their own Omni designs or picked up a few from the now splintered League.

Thinks like the Vandal should have came earlier for them.

I really have no horse in this race but prior to Xin Sheng magic and recapturing the St. Ives Compact, the CapCon's heavy manufacturing was pretty shitty. And literally everyone else was building Combine Omnis, usually through Star Corps licenses. So I don't have a problem with it.

OTOH, after the Jihad the CapCon's military manufacturing absolutely shits all over everyone else's. And in a series that was "thoroughly" researched by MadCap, I think we can hazard a guess as to why that might be the case.

Pretty good for a support vehicle and not really something other fixed-wing aircraft want to have to fight. Easy prey for proper ASF though.

Yuge damage. It's still in prototype, but it's gonna be great. We've got the best designers.

>the Word of Blake Jump Infantryman who killed three Elementals with a vibroblade

Who are other based minor characters that you love?

>CapCon's military manufacturing absolutely shits all over everyone else's.

I thought that was because they were the only ones actually still vested in large scale warfare while the other Houses, who took the worst end of the Jihad, weren't in any condition to maintain the war industry they had before?

Also, did the Capellans snatch any resource rich worlds or production centers away from the remnants of the League on their border?

And does Detroit produce anywhere near as much as Tikonov?

>As I understand it, the Confederation and Combine have traded frequently, with the design that would become the Combine's much beloved Mauler stemming from such exchanges.

wat

>Also, did the Capellans snatch any resource rich worlds or production centers away from the remnants of the League on their border?

Surprisingly the Capellans didn't take hardly any worlds from the League successor states.

>I can join isis whenever I want tho.

Good. Do it so we can drone you.

>I thought that was because they were the only ones actually still vested in large scale warfare while the other Houses, who took the worst end of the Jihad, weren't in any condition to maintain the war industry they had before?

Part of it is that the CapCon got hit least of anyone in the Jihad.

Part of it is CGL/MadCap's amazingly shit "fact-checking." Lines appear and disappear at random, factories on planets that weren't even hit during the Jihad just vanish, new lines pop up, lines that were said not to have been touched disappear, and so on.

I mostly lump it under pro-Capellan bias from the authors, both to set up the Dark Age plotline where the CapCon is one of, if not *the* most powerful of the states and because MadCap is shit at canon and would minimise the abilities of other states while maximising those of his beloved Capellans any way.

I believe the Confederation has better trade relations with the Combine than it does any other Successor State.

As to the Mauler comment, a Capellan machine known as the "Linesmen" (someone correct me if I'm wrong) was traded to the Combine, who later revamped the design into the subsequent Dabooku, which lead to the creation of the Mauler that would become a mainstay design in the DCMS alongside the Dragon and Hatamoto-chi.

If'm I'm wrong in this explanation, feel free to correct me.

I assume by the Dark Age that the Capellans had roughly seven decades to hone their edge, while the blades of the other powers dulled from inactivity.

And while it likely is author bias, hasn't the Confederation military seen more conflict in the Dark Age area than most other militaries have combined?

They've battled the Republic, Suns, Free World's remnants and Pirates.

The Daboku was based on the Awesome and becomes the Mauler. The Linesman appears only in apocryphal (ie, non-canon) sources.

The man you speak of is from best Militia division.

Has anyone here made a wallpaper version of their sigil? Like for a flag? I've been trying to envision a version of it they'd fly from a flagpole.

No. Everyone neighboring the RotS (and even some who didn't) fought it, everyone fought against pirates. FWL and DC had more fights because they also had internal conflicts, unlike CC

What long, gwai-lo? All you mad youl faction not rearn from combat and benefit flom grorious right of heaven?

>That off kilter hair part
My ocd

DERETE THIS

I can't believe I'm being insulted by a popsicle.

Tried to making a "space" mech using the advice from last thread. It's lacking so any advice would be helpful.

Would Handheld Weapons be good in space?

I know the Handbook series addresses mech production for each of the Great Houses (and major periphery states) up to 3067, but is there a similar source for the other Inner Sphere factions (FRR, ComStar, Word of Blake, etc) in the same era?

Because as a side project I've been making note of production mentions I find in TROs and I'm curious if there's already something made up.

>FWL
>terrible neighbor

Only reason the CC still exists is because the FWL let them

Still terrible. Spared them, nurtured them, traded with them, withheld retaliation for Xin Sheng economics with them, gave them three warships, etc.
Awful neighbors.

>or picked up a few from the now splintered League.

Fuck off you squinty bastard

Where's that greentext where we point out that /pol/ are just the modern furfags?

Where's the point where someone says let's just ignore them and maybe they'll stop posting since it's obvious it's for attention?
I mean damn, "don't feed the trolls" is as old as forums.

Fighting the civil war was a historic mistake in hindsights. We could have a more liberal and urban superpower including canada, and a Confederacy that went full Golden Circle and annexed mexico, cuba and hispaniola by now.

I can't believe this is four years old already

The sad thing is that anti-/pol/acks are literally worse than /pol/ now. They're just another version of it. Besides the fact whoever wrote this must have been new since off topic derails about racist crap have been here since the site was just for anime.

But how about robots now?

What, you want to bring in /r9k/ in this too?

Jesus fuck make this shit stop.

NEA, did you say you had some sort of new warship related OC? What did you do now?

Nope.

Are you retarded? We've creating new threads after auto sage since 2013

Stop being so new for once

Ha, I actually forgot that place existed.

I know.

In case NEA isn't around at the moment, you guys want to talk aerospace fighters?

>Midwest American """""""""education""""""""""

The war would have been fought over the western territories anyway whether it was technically one country or two. Which is what the federal government did anyway right after the Civil War. They spent the next four decades pacifying the West.

Why are you mentioning the name that must not be named?

Crash this thread with no survivors, create a new thread

Or simply shitpost until it all ends

I'll continue the massive shitposting: introductory rules are the most fun Battletech can be

>Since the site was just for anime
You do know we had other boards and that /pol/ was eventually created because of /news/ getting removed and the off-topic derailments that followed, right? Not every board was /b/.

Veeky Forums itself was created because warhammerfags kept derailing /b/ by spamming.

Also, another piece of Veeky Forums history in spoilers if we are going full historian now.

>I'll continue the massive shitposting: introductory rules are the most fun Battletech can be

Ever play a battalion version battalion sized battle of LAMs owned by mercenaries that all have Clan Tech upgraded their machines?

Separate post for careful handling.

Sure. I'm interested in how the Clan breeding program failed with aerospace pilots. Even the first Clan invasion book demonstrated this with what was at least a Visigoth (or Jengiz) getting taken out in a dogfight by a Shilone.

>All their predictions on porn came true

I always headcanon'd that away. While their tech, breeding and training was far superior, the retarded clanner doctrine crippled their effectiveness. Aerospace operations are especially unconductive to zellbrigen and honor duels.

By a pilot who is supposed to be Kai-Allard levels of awesome, yes.

The same series has IS characters standing around dumbfounded by the shit Carew of the Nygrens pulls, and he was a shit-tier pilot in the eyes of the Clans, one who would never recieve a Bloodname and probably never advance past his current rank.

In fact he only manages to do so thanks to the Refusal War opening a shit ton of Bloodname slots to the Exiles who needed to fill out their Clan Council, and he only gains (slightly) in rank thanks to being one of Phelan's besties.

It only fails out of nowhere in the Twilight of the Clans fluff, where literally the same guy who wrote Carew suddenly declares it's shit, because ???

They're terrible.

They just aren't as terrible as the Federated Suns are, whose aggression the Confederation owes it's founding to.

Looking at the history between the two, I have to wonder why Hanse expected anything other than the FUs from Romano during the Outreach conference regarding the Clans.

Was Tyra Miraborg ever statted?

-10 HP

Not directly.

From what we see of Carew he's somewhere in the 1/2 to 2/3 range, and considered bad at his job. Miraborg was shown to be better than that, so draw your own conclusions.