How would you fix Fria Ligan?

less numale more 40K

what

Remove the numale elements

Why is this game such a meme? Can someone give me a quick rundown?

Basically everyone was really hyped about it, turns out it's a shit system made by people who don't know how to make a game that were cashing on on some dudes cool as fuck art. So basically everyone just uses the setting with different systems, like my group uses Delta Green as the base system.

Thanks, the art does look cool as fuck but I missed why people were upset with it

I think there is a link to get the alpha pdf in the Da Archive right now if you are curious to check it out, otherwise though you can get a good idea of the lore by just getting the art books.

Aside from being shit the real meme is that the game is set in Sweden and Sweden is the meme capital of the world.

Like how Myfarog is detested because it's a shit system tacked to someone's personal politics, this is also a shit system tacked to someone's personal politics.

>tacked to someone's personal politics.

Apart from the "you can play anything, gender is weird in the far future" sidebar, what is there?

I honestly don't understand the hate for the system. It is very "rules light", but fairly genre savvy. the system makes characters not particularly competent, as even with higher stats and skills failure chances are high, but I think that's a design feature of the game. You're supposed to play kids after all, and they aren't supposed to be overly competent.

I think it gets a lot of knock-on hate from Stranger Things, which a lot of /tv/ hipsters are mad at and call Stranger Memes.

So does this predate "Stranger Things" or not?

The artwork the setting is based on predates Stanger Things

It attracts /pol/-hate for being Swedish (and therefore "numale") and /tv/-hate for being likened to Stranger Things (and therefore a meme).

I'm reminded of the "SCP Foundation" and "Warehouse 13."

Actually I'm pondering running the game for a group of friends. We haven't gamed in a while (families, jobs, et) but the nostalgia factor might be enough to reel everyone in for a short ten or twelve episode campaign.

I'm moving the setting to upstate Maine, though. Steven King's backyard.

My first thought was Eureka

Yeah, but it didn't stop them from mentioning Stranger Things on the kickstarter. 'cause why would you not?

So what explicitly is wrong with it.

See Basically nothing is wrong with it if that style of game is your cup of tea. If you into tacticool Delta green, you probably won't like it much.

Is it like "the game is from Sweden so they have some left leaning ideas about how a society should function" bad, or Degenisis bad, where half way through reading the fluff I had to stop because the writer practically slit his wrist and bleed his white liberal guilt all over the pages. And you realize that the setting was designed from the ground up to be blind apologetic worship of black people and the book goes on for whole pages about how the affricans can do whatever they want and it's all totally justified because all the Europeans are white and that's still a bad thing because a little bit of slavery happens that one time in the past that no one can remember because the apocalypse destroyed all records of the past.

My maximally pigmented brother of african descent.

(OP)
Hire more American writers, make RPG great again!

Not read the game, but I'd make the damn setting less about the depression of hitting cold hard reality after the wonders of childhood, and more about investigating the wierd shit and using the power of adulthood (having a job and disposable income, owning a vehicle, having skills from hobbies, and being able to build muscle and learn things) to defend reality against the incursions from the abandoned factories and experiments.
It'd end up being a game about adult nerds who've decided to defend their local town from the robots and monsters it's beset/irritated by, and stumbled upon more robots and monsters. While keeping the masquerade that they're just LARPers, despite the fact that they've got a goddamn coilgun mounted on an old Lada Niva. (It's just a prop. totally, officer. Never mind the ozone smell, or the fact that the coils are humming.)