RPG. DM says no beer. How do you find a good group?

RPG. DM says no beer. How do you find a good group?

>can't socialize without beer

>>>/AA/

only play with friends

Get over your rampant alcoholism? Seriously gaming with drunks is no fun at all.

Had that happen once. GM was christian yet was a warlock. No beer because pastors son might join. Adults with autism.

Just like life without pussy. I agree mate.

Op here. I dunno man even the only chick in the group quit after the first sesh because if the no beer thing. Its more than that it just says alot about the person.

He probably just doesn't want a table of drunken tards forgetting the rules or trying to do lolsorandum shit all the time. Can't really blame him. Personally I've banned greasy food at the gaming table because Those Guys would always get grease on the minis, sheets and books. Even after asking they wash their hands after eating pizza or else use cutlery, half the time they'd forget and put their greasy mitts all over my shit. Left me with no choice really.

Whats wrong with amerucans. Youve never heard of guys getting drunk and playing cards before. Adults do this shit. Hell the nazi officers loved to drink shnaaps and play cards. Do americans secrete greese at all times im confused.

pizza is greasy... grease got on hands... hands got on DM's shit... DM mad.

most americans love alchohol

sup with all these posts like "you must not be able to have fun without beer you fucking alcoholic"

dont be that way grognards

Maybe when you get done larping as an European you can kick this self loathing trend.

You make one

Hue hue hue, the americanos are greese from all their pores. We all laughing!!!

Why do nerds always think they're too good for beer and weed? Is it some euphoria thing?

Are you such a bunch of lightweights you can't play D&D after two or three beers?

Chad pls go

I'm a recovering alcoholic who works in law enforcement.

Checkmate.

Beer and weed are legal in my state, it's also not my problem if you had a substance problem.

i mean he's right... if they're drinking it shouldn't be a problem unless they specifically become a problem.

Cops have bars in my city. Are you in sweden?

We brought alcohol to a session once and our DM forbade it from happening again.

I would like to have drinks at the table but one of our players gets smashed every time we do, even when we've told him to cut back.

Without details it kinda sounds like the beer detracted from the game.

It actually helped us a lot. It's the only session I've remembered clearly and we got through the dungeon and puzzles quicker than ever. The only downside was my character temporarily died.

huh. Not a clue then.

For our group, in the start the no alcohol thing was because of age and the fact that our usual gaming location was in the Sheriff's basement. When that changed alcohol was at some games, largely depending on who in the group was running the game.

Only time you were guaranteed to find it was in games of Toon

Experience has shown me that a few drinks when tabletop gaming can add to the entertainment.

Getting shitfaced or putting up with people who are doing so, not so much.

Yeah we drink and play cards, dude, he's talking about people getting hammered during DnD or the like and acting like tools, which in my experience is rare. Same with have greasy hands, just get some paper towels or wipes for fuck sake.

But yeah, I tend to drink when I tabletop and I've never heard any complaints. It helps loosen me up and make me less awkward when getting in character. I can game perfectly fine while sober but it's a several hour long social event that I do maybe once a week. What better time for a few brews is there?

Its good when people are buzzed but most people I know irl make it a contest to get shitfaced as fast as possible which makes it not fun for me because I stick to a buzz and now I have to take care of all the people vomiting on themselves.

DM sounds like a dick. Nothing wrong with a beer or 2 during D&D. If someone is having like 12 beers in a session and getting out of control, sure, stop inviting him, but banning beer is pretty dumb.

>implying there is only a state of complete sobriety, completely wasted and nothing between.

Keep it respectable. Otherwise associate with people who aren't scumbags. Drugs and booze should be fine as long as no one is getting crazy.

A slight buzz isn't so bad, the problem is when you have at least one friend at the table who has drinking problems and who will definitely get past a slight buzz unless you absolutely make sure there is exactly just enough booze in the house for one drink each.

Exactly, my main group drink hard liquor during game but only the ones who can take it. I drink beer. One of my side groups would get plastered within a few hours and that's why I left them.

Goddamned Boris i said NO ALCOHOL FOR YOU!

The last time i allowed booze on the table you hit Jessy with the fucking replica katana and we had to get her to the hospital!!

Agreed. Only aspies see this as all or nothing because of theie ocd.

I vaguely remember that thread.

I definitely don't mind drinking during my games, I'm a DM and I usually have a beer or two during the course of the game and I allow my players to do the same if they wish

Where I draw the line is actually being *drunk* while playing D&D, since I think that it's an activity that requires a certain level of coordination and mental clarity

Similarly, I smoke weed pretty much every day but I never smoke during games or let my players smoke during games since I think it clouds the mind too much for what I want out of it

my 2 cents

We had a player who would get drunk and make an ass out of himself, which resulted in a "no drinking" rule. Taking him out of the group was overall the better solution, and we were just putting it off and having less fun the other way.

I am Mormon and I have a no alcohol or smoking rule in my house because I think those things do more harm than good. If you don't want to respect the rules of the host home, start your own damn group.

That said, I do try and work in breaks and I let my friends smoke and drink outside during said breaks. It is cold enough here they can just keep the beer in their car and it stays cold.

Americans have no sense of social responsibility. Their culture actively discourages it. It's a bad as the anti-intellectualism.

If you can't game without beer, you're obviously an alcoholic because you can't game without beer.

You should try looking for one of those homebrew gruops

Alright shitposting thread bumping guy. What if I can game without beer, but I consider recovered or recovering alcoholics generally insufferable, so I like to always play with people who drink?

If you're refusing a group because they won't let you drink at the table, you are evidently an alcoholic who hasn't realised it's a problem yet.

There is a time and a lace for drunkenness, and that time and place is not the gaming table.

My fellow players and I do a beer run before each session. We have a lot of fun.

I suppose the whole liquor at the table thing matters more depending on the group.

Booooooooo!

Not that user, but this post pretty much confirms you as a shitposting illiterate.

>There is a time and a lace for drunkenness
Do tell.

And again, drinking =/= drunkenness.

And "I literally refuse to play if I can't drink too" = alcoholism.

If spending four hours a week hanging out with your friends playing a game you all enjoy becomes insufferable without access to alcohol, you definitely have a drinking problem.

I am actually very lightweight, which is a shame because I like my wine, whiskey and beer. If we're even making an attempt at taking a game seriously I don't think I'd ever inflict tipsy me on my tables.

I have no interest in ever smoking weed or indeed smoking anything, it's a disgusting habit and I am too good for it.

You don't bring beer? I mean, it's kinda his game to run so that's a choice he sorta gets to make. Like how the guy who owns the house can tell people not to smoke in it.

>If spending four hours a week hanging out with your friends playing a game you all enjoy becomes insufferable without access to alcohol
See
>What if I can game without beer, but I consider recovered or recovering alcoholics generally insufferable

I'm curious, you clearly can read some words, when you reply to a post and are choosing which words to ignore, do you pick randomly or is there an agenda?

Nice.

So that whole "Not that user" thing was bullshit and you're a samefagging alcoholic? Also that is the weakest fucking excuse in the world.

>Officer, I'm not hooked on crack, I just find people in rehab annoying so I spend all my time in a crack den.

>So that whole "Not that user" thing was bullshit
Nope

>and you're a samefagging
Nope

>alcoholic?
Nope

>Also that is the weakest fucking excuse in the world.
Nope.
A lot of teetotalers are fucking annoying as hell.

You can go to the beach and even get in the water, without ever swimming user.

My group doesn't drink alcohol unless we go to the bar. We stockpile on tea, coffee, snacks and we can last a full night.

Do you really need to get a buzz to play some games / PnP? That's sad.

Drugs are absolutely not fine. I will not tolerate illegal substances in my house exposing me to criminal liability. Ethically I couldn't give a shit over what you put in your body.

Alcohol is fine in moderation, but I've never really seen the need to drink it to socialize.

>Op here. I dunno man even the only chick in the group quit after the first sesh because if the no beer thing.
It's a role-playing game, not a kegger. What kind of shitty group do you have where beer is a deal-breaker?

It seems I found one.

your substance abuse problem, not other people's problem.

>GMing game
>everything going fine
>usual group of 4 friends
>one invites HIS friend along one time
>fine why not
>friend of friend fucking pregames DnD
>drunk as shit by hour two
>lolrandumb shit going on
>lol what was I doing
>just call the session after an hour
>next session friend AND friend of friend show up trashed
>kick them out
>get salty texts from friend for a week

And that's why I started cutting people off at the table.

Both of my groups are mad stoners. Literally cannot play a game without smoking before midway through and after.

It's OK because it means they chill out enjoy even my shittiest DMing and i much prefer that to them being bored and distracted on their phones when shit slows down.

I only have problems with one player. He's an accountant who was straight edge until his mid20s but now smokes until he's functionally retarded every time he's out. He's literally a drooling mess within 20 minutes of smoking. I've become a cardsleeve guy because of him.

My group has a stoner and a club promoter and we're all students (UK).
Everyone shows up sober to game.
If they can do it, you can to.

I just finished a 7 month campaign DMing, I started every session with a shot to loosen up and get the story flowing.

Also worth noting is that drinking at board game night is fine and encouraged, but at D&D it isn't.

Why are losers always dependent on drugs?

Are you such a bunch of junkies who can't get through 4 hours without getting fucked up?

Shut up nerd. Actually people who do enjoy a drink or three during the game tend to be much better players than spergs like you.

>I am Mormon
Stopped reading there

>plays an rpg
>calls someone a nerd
>goes on Veeky Forums
>calls someone a nerd
Shiposters leave

>same user, hour later in another thread
NORMIES AND POSERS LEAVE MY HOBBY REEEEE
lmao

Either everyone drinks, or no-one drinks. Gaming with *buzzed* people is a fucking chore. Is it a party or is it a relaxed gaming session?

Weed isn't legal, it's non-criminalized. There's a difference. Especially for people who get drug tested for work.

Cop bars, sure. But like I said, I was a functioning alcoholic who's been off the sauce for 5 years now. Can't afford to go back.

That still doesn't mean I'm letting anyone drink in my house.

>MFW our group meets in the pub

fells good lads.

By living Germany?

> I'm a recovering alcoholic who works in law enforcement

How does you telling us that you beat your wife have anything to do with this topic.

Why do Europeans start ranting about America for no reason whenever someone disagrees with them?

So she'said either an alcoholic or she hates your guts and can'take stand your group unless there'should booze.

Never invited to drink in high school and thus developed a hatred for the idea

You're a loser if you smoke weed over the age of 22.

Yeah it's too bad Americans have also been embracing anti-intellectualism wholeheartedly.

I'd post the fedora neckbeard meme picture but it's a bit played out.

Why do Americans always assume its Europeans who are slagging them off?
There's a whole wide world of people who aren't big fans of yours.

Europeans are the only ones who have enough of an inferiority complex to start crying about America when it's completely irrelevant.

>get grease on the [...] books
Why would you reference the books during play?

In case a ruling comes up? It happens at least once a session.
>Hey doesn't the paladin's smite do more damage against outsiders?
>Hey do I auto fail a concentration check on a 1?
>Are the extra hitpoints gained by the barbarian's rage ability temporary or are they subtracted from his remaining hp once the rage stops?

Because the rest of the people that hate America complain differently.

I have no fucking idea how beer and good group have anything to do with each other. You either find other group or kill yourself, whatever keeps you from starting shitty tertiary threads, moron.