/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 24 (1d26)

fuck
Heroes don't need to ask forgiveness edition
Stop forgetting Archive-Bro in your worship subedition

Scanon's great work is complete, pg 79 of HH book 1, the CQC between the Gillman and HHWE wrestling champions was mathed out and one possible alter-ego of Valdor was discovered. A new character, Fellasarius Broth, was invented, coming to a HH book near you. More last thread >THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf

>THE GESTATION OF KICKASSITUDE
mediafire.com/file/mwhac07w7h7w6k8/Inferno01.zip
mediafire.com/file/e82g62khl8325bz/Inferno02.zip
mediafire.com/file/z9zh9931ooixpxn/Inferno03.zip
mediafire.com/file/k4ons49p8wb35s9/Inferno04.zip

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mediafire.com/?w18xkc6478jtlhx
mega.nz/#!HRlEhKIT!C458-tM_AGKRHLij5V2cCDLWl1lIc_voREArOKsp3Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=4jwNf8a_f00&t=191s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not just the High Lords, the whole galaxy wants you dead. You'll have to join up with Jaghatai, build those legions of yours one more time. First we'll need to save Jaghatai, he's in the Webway. You're a Legend in the eyes of those who fought in the Great Crusade. That's why you have to handle this mission yourself, that's how Jaghatai would want it. The Webway is a big place, I expect you to become quite familiar with those artifacts as you plan your next move. How and where you make it, well, that's up to you. Now go! Let the Legend come back to life!

He's there just now since it was being discussed, wouldn't be there normally.

Praise Be to Scanon and Archivebro! Thanks guys.

The way that works, is on"Average" for this he will rez with a single wound. Then as it's his turn, he charges, taking Overwatch fire. If he doesn't go down to that, which is likely, he will probably win. So yeah, Scoria has a little over a 50% win chance, since half the time he'll win, and half the time he still has a very slim chance.

So yeah, Scoria wins the maths competition, tableside it's dependent on whether you want a duellist, a buffer, a psyker, a Distraction Carnifex, et cetera.

Well, sadly that does not give your favourite dude Hatred (Top 5) so that's how it stands. I play Ordo Reductor, we don't even get to play Herohammer.

This is not a 40k thread you numbskull.

Guilliman is a 30k character tho

>mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf

Angelus scans when?

"Your favorite holovid... Cleopatra, Nefertari - psykers, wrongly executed... But their deaths served as a message to others: that ours is an imperium that murders the innocent. Do you, too, believe that your sacrifice will change the galaxy?"

So it begins.

For the Imperium, Roboute?

Whatever happened to that saint lady Argel Tal was so taken with? Cyrene, or whatever her name was? She got grabbed by the Cabal, and then nothing.

As a tangent here, is it just me or do a lot of the cute girls get taken away by faceless men to unknown locations? It happened to Mersadie and Keeler, too.

And for those who care, here's an updated HH1: Betrayal with the missing page.

mediafire.com/?w18xkc6478jtlhx

rape

Can you next do Inferno with all the errors fixed?

Rogue Trader retinue played as Solar Auxilia: good idea?

What errors?

Not even FW could do that

Ya. Throw in MaWC allies as your hordes of peasants/archeotech mercenaries.

Funny thing is...if you gave me a real list of errors and what they need to be corrected to, I probably could. The layouts would be fucked but it'd have accurate information.

You too have known loss. And that loss torments you still. You hope hatred... might someday replace the pain. But it never goes away. It makes a primarch hideous inside and out. Wouldn't you agree? We both are daemons. Our humanity won't return. You. Me. We've no place to run, nowhere to hide.

That's your answer for everything.

Would those allies be any good as sanctioned xeno mercenaries?

Love you.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen

>Huscarl has option for Frost Weapons but there's only The Frost Blades
>Huscarl can have his own fist, pistols, etc., but has to buy his combi-bolter from the unit allowance
>what's Furious Assault?
>there's no way for an IC to take a frost axe
>what are the previous options mentioned in the Deathsworn options?
>should forge lord have access to 6 cyberwolves?
>is the SW 1 HQ per 1,000pts. a HQ "unit" or HQ "choice" because both words are used in the wording of the rule and they're not the same thing

Just off the top of my head.

Juuuust about there on my BAC Contemptor. Feelin' pretty pretty pretty good.

Thanks Archive-Bro

Also the tourists in a couple of background photos. And at least one person got a book with the wrong front inside cover (pic related).

Sekhmets probably aren't meant to be able to choose their psychic powers (as opposed to rolling for them).

Looking good indeed.

What happened to the second one/where did you get the second assault cannon?

Whats the red? seems an odd spot for blood

What would be the best way/unit to kill Russ?

vortex grenade

>open pdf
>go to random page
>word salad starts about halfway down before reverting to English
>next page has the tourists
I don't understand how they can put so much effort into the fluff and sometimes crunch, and then completely refuse to do elementary proofreading of anything. All you need to do is find an uninvolved intern, hand them the final draft, and ask what doesn't make sense. I don't feel comfortable supporting this company.

Thats a job for a real wolf, leave that pupper to me!.

thanks! i bought another off of a bits seller on ebay when BAC came out. i magnetized them, but doubt ill ever use the fist or melta.

yeah its like a rust weathering powder from Vallejo. looks really matte in person.

>i magnetized them, but doubt ill ever use the fist or melta.
You won't

Well, maybe the fist, but the Leviathan beats out the Contemptor in melee.

No. For you.

>tfw

Thank you very much, Mighty Scanon!
Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

Any shooting units/tactics people already use to put down rabid primarchs.

Sure. Their rules are pretty adaptable.

Whaddya think of using Kataphrons as stand-ins for Myrmidon Destructors?

I fucking love both models, but it's gonna be a while before I can shell out for some Myrmidons. Provided they're painted and such, would you be okay with the counts-as?

there were rumors that kataphrons would be showing up along with other admech stuff in later books, so at best it would be a stopgap measure, and could be considered WAAC depending on the playgroup (myrmidons are no joke)

>no joke

Well yeah, they get literal grav in 30k.

Personally I wanted to run them with one squad of Iraq Engines and another squad with thruster cannons, getting me one good squad for crunching MEQs and another for backfield support that can also punch their way out of a problem.

But yeah, playing them with a Cyber-Familiar/Abeyant/Machinator Array Archdominus is just about one of the cheapest literal death stars out there

I'd never want to play with the type of person who would have a problem with it.

>Iraq Engines

SPREAD THE DOOM!

>Iraq Engines
Allahu Ackbar!

Someone post the shitty ISIS technicals that look like feudal-world Earthshaker cannons.

Saved. How did you make the text, good man?
>Iraq Engines
Kek. This is better than the Mexican bolters

That's a Portee. First time one's been used since WWII.

>that pic
holy fuck it took me a while to understand it but goddamn that's good

Going through Inferno, always interested in the order in which Primarchs were discovered (according to FW).

Looks increasingly like the 820-850.M30 period is a major Primarch discovery period. 60% of the Primarchs found within the same 15% of the Great Crusade.

Russ appears to have been found about 820.M30. The Legion wasn't unleashed until almost the end of the first decade, and it was another dozen years before he was found.

Ferrus Manus was found a "handful of years" later, so about 825.M30.

Fulgrim has always been found at the same time, with Ferrus being first. So maybe 826.M30. I don't recall if FW mentioned their closeness in discovery, but I keep it.

Vulkan and Dorn (seventh found) are next, but we know Guilliman was found roughly by 833.M30.

Perturabo was found some time in the latter half of the 840's, just prior to Mortarion in the same decade. Both Primarchs were found after Magnus, Sanguinius and the Lion. Haven't gotten to the Thousand Sons yet, Magnus might be more specifically dated.

That's 12 Primarchs in 30 years. Compare to 1 Primarch in 20 years, or 3 Primarchs in 30 years. Or 901.M30-949.M30, years in which no Primarchs were discovered.

Part of me is disappointed. I always liked the idea of Russ being found quickly after Horus. Horus, the Emperor's truest son, being exclusively found at the Emperor's side. Russ being the first independent commander, but never one to be given command of his brothers.

I liked that idea for the opening decades of the Great Crusade, but now it seems that Horus's time as an only child lasted maybe 15-20 years, and it was a very short period after Russ was found that the majority of Primarchs were found.

Not that big of a deal though.

Not the same, but it is what the far future of humanity probably looks like with advanced technology mixed into relatively primitive situations.

In Betrayer Lorgar wonders if Primarchs can even die and Angron mentions Ferrus. Shouldn't he already know that they can die if 2 and 11 were exterminated? Doesn't this confirm that the two destroyed legions did not have their Primarchs? How would it make sense otherwise.

Perhaps the lost Primarchs were not killed but just imprisoned or exiled.

That just raises further questions.

Or perhaps the II or XIth Primarch was gone, and the truth buried, before Lorgar or Angron was found.

One of them was found after them, but it's been said by the Powers That Be that every single Primarch had been found and reunited with their Legions. All of them.

Whoops, meant to respond to

Just saw this on the webstore, any idea if they're gone for good? I was planning on getting some soon

The mold probably broke, if it was gone for good then they would've taken the entire entry down.

they've been moving kits over to the box/blister format from the old bags. I'd assume for better transport and less damage during shipping to cut related losses.

The
>never mention the lost legions
meme is the stupidest thing in 30k. It's ridiculous that they are never brought up. Angron will assault Terra itself but won't break his oath of silence?

No, the resistance against the idea is what's ridiculous. Who the fuck cares? Why do you think Angron didn't want to break his oath? More likely it just wasn't something said. Just like that campaign 67 years prior, or why Lorgar doesn't mention the Captain who led the 72nd Company from 870-895.M30.

Because it doesn't fucking come up. Who the fuck cares.

Do you talk about your dead great grand parents all the time? No one cares because it's not relevant.

How is it not relevant? None of the Primarchs were bothered that the Emperor wiped out their brothers? None of them were bothered by that enough to bring it up when they rebelled and were giving their Emperor sux speeches? The lost Primarchs are cryptically brought up numerous times so they haven't been forgotten.

No one talks about Russ kicking Magnus' ass.

Also it is brought up. It's just never explicitly stated what happened. Reason why Sanguinus is so worried is because he's worried about being purged, and FW gave us the Omega Codex.

Maybe, surprise surprise, it is brought up, just not written.

I doubt that Betrayer encompassed literally every single conversation or topic shared between Angron and Lorgar during the events depicted.

Highly doubt.

The lost primarchs exist solely so that players can create custom 40k SM chapters that are different from what already exists. So you can't define what happened to them in 30k because it will remove that possibility for their flagship game, 40k

If people are interested in the Lost Legions, Inferno has an interesting tidbit hinting that the Rangdan Xenocides might have been the end of a Legion and/or Primarch.

This is also when the Space Wolves began to be known as Executioners.

Sorry, reading the section as I go.

Not my fault your great-grandparents were boring. One of my great-grandfathers led an interesting life, another was very stereo-typically Jewish.

Then again, one set of great-grandparents was so perdita that my uncle lived a block away from them and neither his wife nor kids ever met them.

I'd say it's fairly obvious they got the epithet from that whole team up with the First to omnicide entire sectors thing. Just like how nobody trusted the Dark Angels afterwards, either.

It seems like Rangda was the Vietnam of the Great Crusade. But I wouldn't know, I wasn't there, suppose I just can't understand.

How would you kill Russ before he chages into your units? I heard that he's a one man deathstar.

>tfw I just picked up a B@C for $35 from my LGS

Having 6 ML and enough bits for a Mortis with assault gives me some decent AA options while I save up for either an Eagle or Raptor.

Oh shit, I got support squads now, too. I need more drop pods I think for some sweet Orbital Assault.

For those who care..please post this in the permanent links above, the complete HH 7 Inferno, scanned by Scan user, compiled and optimized and put in pdf form, by me. Enjoy the collaborative effort!

mega.nz/#!HRlEhKIT!C458-tM_AGKRHLij5V2cCDLWl1lIc_voREArOKsp3Z8

You may not be Archive-Bro, but you have done a service in giving a Mega linked version. You have my thanks.

>by me, Lord Whitefang

If you're that Algrim twat, may I advise losing the name here.

Isn't he the one responsible for the copypasta fields of text ripped from the HH Books on the 40k wiki?

Forgive me for asking, but what's the difference between this and the one in the OP?

One is by him, Lord Whitefang.

Yeah, among even lamer stuff.

Can anyone point me to a list of 30k podcasts

There's Radio Free Isstvan, Eye of Horus, Imperial Truth and our very own Horus Heresay made by Veeky Forums for Veeky Forums.

I'm totally not shilling for it.

So thoughts and impressions on the fluff so far? I'm utterly bewildered by the poor showing of the TSons psychic powers against the Wolves. Looking at the casualties they got rolfstomped, when half the fluff is saying they were overwhelmingly powerful.

It also doesnt help that in their own fluff section we get 60 marines psychically dominating an entire knight house with 3 loses. Why didn t

Also as a WE fanboi the praise/forgiveness the SW are receiving for their barbarism is kind of grating. The section where it says that Russ and his sons wanted to fight the TSons honorably in CQC, just after they'd tried and failed to orbit-ally bombard the entire place made me laugh.

Anything else sticking out to people who are more knowledgeable about these two legions in particular?

Link to the tg pod?

Remember, it IS written with an intentionally biased perspective.

youtube.com/watch?v=4jwNf8a_f00&t=191s
its the first episode, and we had a lot of things to try out, so i apologize for the rough quality
should have things up a bit better the next time around

>
Also as a WE fanboi the praise/forgiveness the SW are receiving for their barbarism is kind of grating. The section where it says that Russ and his sons wanted to fight the TSons honorably in CQC, just after they'd tried and failed to orbit-ally bombard the entire place made me laugh.

Wanting to is not the same thing as thinking it's a good idea to. What distinguished the SW from the WE is their discipline and loyalty. Russ knew when not to give in to his urges (most of the time) while Angron just ran around like a lunatic and killed everything in sight.

>SoS seeker squad fluff mentions them using flamers or more rarely assault needlers
>squad has no options to use assault needlers

Speaking of WE and being fanbois, what are you guys working on this weekend

It's a pretty great first episode what is the recording schedule going to be? I'm looking forward to the next one

Space Wolves are World Eaters with better PR

glad to hear you liked it, probably be doing the next one in a week or so, but its up in the air at this point
hopefully things are a little bit more structured with the next episode, any suggestions user?

(Un?)fortunately, my schedule is rather full this weekend, but at some point I need to at least start assembling some tac Marines and magnetizing special weapons. I also need to magnetize my Contemptors and start GSing gaps in my Dreadclaw. Hopefully during the week I can start making a dent.

Only that it can be a little hard to tell between the guests with so many of them

You guys British?

A Canadian, an American, a Kiwi and no idea where the 4th guy is from.

i think we may be making the group a bit smaller and rotating between guests from now on
we have several brits, a couple burgers, a fucking leaf and the host is a kiwi

Kiwi 30k represent