The Future of of 40k

>The Gathering Storm is over.

>We saw Cadia burn, a Craftworld shattered, and we followed Eldar and Saint into the nightmare. We saw a Primarch rise again, and we went into hell itself to reach Terra.

>The Gathering Storm is over.

>Old Night is once again upon us. The gods fight against each other and laugh. But we won't give up without a fight either. We will muster. A new Great Crusade must begin. For Terra, and for the Emperor!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EQ6q8nBZKYo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Age of Emperor begins this Summer!

Will Guilliman remain the only loyalist primarch, or will GW decide to print money by bringing the rest back one by one? On one hand, Ultramarines are daddy's favorite. On the other, cash. Does the power of Spiritual Liege trump that of shekels?

Doesn't stop the rest of daemon primarchs from finally getting up off their asses.

Wait, holy shit has GW been advancing the plot?!

Loyalist SM sell more.

At a pace never seen before in the past 20 years.

It's pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to some of the new books covering these new events.

What if a Primarch came back as a Blackshield?

>We saw a Primarch rise again
Wait, what?

Have you been living under a rock?

Gulliman can walk and talk once again, user.

Grad school, so yeah basically

Guilliman is back in action.

Also, Magnus finally got off his feathery ass.

I haven't played since 4th ed, and stopped following the happenings (there were none) a few years later, because everyone was stomping around the last year before the millenium turned for a decade or so.

Cadia fell, Biel-Tan fractured, and primarchs loyal and daemon are starting to stomp around again.

Is this fluff written in the latest main rule book, or is it divied up over the respective codexeseses?

Magnus

Guilliman

And in supplements, not full codexes. Gotta get dem shekels.

Go to the general and read War Zone Fenris and the Gathering Storm books. That's the big stuff.

You can also read Shield of Ba'al and War Zone Damocles if you care about the Blood Angels or the Tau.

He hates it.

reminder that Guilliman is a fucking BEAST

TRAITORS GET FUCKED

For all of you who haven't heard yet check pic related

I guess Roboute "SJW" Guilliman didn't get the memo that the 41st millennium is dark and brutal.

The only thing that can beat a Primarch in battle is another Primarch.
with Angron, not even a Warhound could stop him. though it heavily damaged Logar with plasma

Don't worry, he'll get over it. GW won't let their cash cow stay down for long.

Unless your name is Luther. Or a tide of Khorne Berserkers (suck it Rogal).

Or you're Kaldor Driago. In that case you might as well allow your heart to be tattooed and save yourself the trouble

Unless your name is Luther. Or an endless tide of Khorne Berserkers (suck it Rogal)

Lots of things have beaten Primarchs. A tac squad once kicked the shit out of Guilliman. Then there was that time Vulkan was beaten by a super Warboss. Or the time Angry Ron was beaten by a GK Captain. Recently, Magnus was sent packing by Grimnar and his axe. And of course, Draigo smacking around Mortarion and his honour guard.

Or an Alpha Legion (Suck it Roboute, oh wait..)

Or if you are Konrad Kurze and a Dark Angel pokes you with a sword like a sneaky git.

I can't wait to get back into 40k. As a Tyranids and Orkz player I gave up long ago.

There's just no competing against endless releases of inexplicably fancy speshul marines and Tau/Eldar anime fuel

To be honest while there is nothing suggesting that Orks and Tyranids won't get new stuff, at the same time there isn't anything suggesting they will. Even if they do end up getting new things, Imperials, Chaos, and possibly Eldar if they decide to expand on the Ynnari could end up getting new stuff or resculpts first.

Would probably be better to hope that the base 8th Edition ruleset is kinder to Orks and Tyranids.

Anyone wish 40k mentioned alternative timelines to explain this new fluff contrasting with older accounts so the plot advancers and the grognards can make peace?

Hell we already have time travel and different dimensions as canon in 40k, why not formalize it with some time warp cannons that teleport targets to different time streams, but in pieces so it kills the target horrifically.

Or have stasis bombs and weaponry malfunction and occasionally erase or modify their target's matter and even history. Just go crazy with it.

Wait, which Craftworld blew up? Damnit, I knew becoming a hermit wasn't a good idea.

that basically goes full marvel/ dc comics. You cant make everyone happy, and the thing about many grognards is this: they dont buy new stuff, because they like old stuff, because its in the name. "old soldier" old ways ,olde models, etc.

If GW is to survive the transition into the modern era they are going to need to shake off some of the rust that has gathered on their IP since the 90s. A lot of their fanbase demands progress, demands a shred of hope in the grim darkness, not star trek, but "hey we have an impossible battle to fight." not "we must fight but none of it matters at all."

Nihilism is not cool anymore.

Biel-Tan was damaged but slowly restoring.

Just read the Gathering Storm books.

Not a lot actually happens in the Warzone Fenris books.

>Wulfen returned
>"Wolftime is upon us. Where is Russ?"
>Magnus attacks the Fenris system and gets his ass kicked
>Mortarian got a planet in the system exterminatised by Actaeon and then Logan tho
>This pottery of Prospero allows Magnus to bring the Planet of the Sorcerers into real space

Damnit. Why does GW hate Eldar?

They are in good shape, eldar brought Ynnead and Guilliman, made friends with Imperium and have hope of killing Slaanesh.

I can't wait for this to go the way of Fantasy and become absolute shit.

Oh wait, it's already doing that.

They can't bring every Primarch back if they brought Sanguines back somehow it would cause Blood Angels heads to explode.

Sanguinor is ripe for the narrative

If at one point in the oncoming shitstorm in the 40k universe the sanguinor reveals himself to have been sanguinus all along I will lose my shit

It would be lame if Sanguinius shriveled to size of normal marine.

He always was - his entry is opposite sanguinary guard for a reason
Basically azkaelon was the last of the original guard and let himself merge with the ghost of sanguinius

Fantasyfags wish they had got this result. The setting didn't go anywhere and the only character off the top of my head that died is Kell.

I hope not and that the other Primarchs will appear for both Imperium and Chaos.

In the Imperium's case, if Corax, Dorn, Vulkan, Russ and Jagathai come back, then Guilliman will have it easier to slap competence into the Imperials as he wouldn't need to be constantly in battle.

On the other hand, the Daemon Primarchs would screw up a lot of vital battlefields if they get to be deployed. They already teased Fulgrim as the next Daemon Primarch to be released.

Rowboat will slap someones shit. REALLY HARD.

Russ is probably a literal wolf by now

As in like a Fenrisian Wolf?

Nah, hoping the he'll be a Wulfen Primarch, yet in this case more of a man-wolf to the Wulfen's wolf-men.

I'm unironically excited for age of the emperor. The rules need to be radically streamlined.

Only 100 dollars each for a primarch model

Try 1000

This would be slightly humorous if even the most expensive Primarchs from FW weren't around $80 and for $90 GW is giving you Guilliman and two other SM sized characters.

You lucky bastards, its impossible for 40k to became as shitty as new Fantasy. Nothing can be worse than the revolution that we had.

>whats next

Well a few more primarchs will be released and then primach tier units for all factions to balance this out and make more money. You know it to be true.

Necrons will probably get the Void Dragon or restore a C'Tan fully

Eldar have Ynnead

Dark Eldar have Jaghtai or more seriously something mega powerful from commoragh

Ghazzakul will become as powerful as the beast (who is the strongest ork cannonically)

Tyrannids main fleet will arrive bringing with it some super hive mimd tyrant death monster

Etc etc

>Dark Eldar have Jaghtai
Citation needed

KUYASHI

>Ghazzakul will become as powerful as the beast
Wasnt the beast several orks or something like that?

So despite specifically having rules that allow the Gemini to come back to like, they are completely dead in the fluff?

Two, completely new and original characters and two thirds of all new SoB releases in fourteen years, is dead already.

What the fuck?

Well, she might not have had time to rez them yet rather than 'perma-dead' as she's exhausted and injured herself.

Still, it's worrying.

It's not like having an in-universe explanation isn't going to stop the bitching (because it's not truly about the contradiction, it's the fact that they changed things), and once you bring that shit in into it you've officially lost all stakes or weight since there's nothing you can do that can't be easily undone. How many months was Superman "dead" for again?

Which craftworld was destroyed?

In the end of the Beheading book, Eldrad already began having visions about an ork calling himself "I am Slaughter" again in orky is Mag Uruk Thraka who may win where the Beasts failed. It's funny that it was Eldrad who manipulated events who led to Ghazzy rise to power.

First it was fractured, not destroyed. Second it was Biel-Tan, turns out most craftworlds are actually Space Hulks unied by the Infinite Circuits, and after the Ynnari mess, Biel-Tan now a big ass fleet instead of a craftworld.

Thank you for the information, I am not up to date with all info in 40k so I was curious on this

I'm actually kinda hoping that m42 is going to start with an Imperial civil war.

Wait they reached Terra?

OTP
T
P

"I didn't die, I just deflated a bit."
-Sanginius, The Bloodening book 2: Wings of Blood

Soon

Why this user posting blank pictures?
Man, such silly anons.

Blank? No no no noooo.
youtube.com/watch?v=EQ6q8nBZKYo

DAMN IT MALAL GET BACK INTO RETCON HELL

>They are in good shape
>the only relevant faction now Ynnari
>they are nothing but sidekicks for U!tramarines

>The setting didn't go anywhere
Yep, but it's totally changing

>Corax, Dorn, Vulkan, Russ and Jagathai
>relevant

>Craftworlders souls are protected from Slaanesh
>Dark eldar are no longer required to be addicted sadists
>implying being protected by noblest and least grimderp chapter is bad thing

Who knows? They got retconned back as a background abhuman species in 6th ED, so...WHO KNOWS?

At least they would boost morale and etc.

>being deus ex machina for smurfs are good thing

They've always been abhuman like Ratlings and Ogryn, just confirmed as being Still Alive back then. And I'm still waiting on them catgirls they mentioned.

>At least they would boost morale
Nope that's Guilliman job

Kor Phaeron stabbed Girlyman in the throat, he only failed to kill him because he wanted to try and turn him to Chaos instead.

And got his heart torn out because Guilliman's super-autism protects him from Chaos passion.

/pol/ really wants to go with this retard and autistic excuse that Girlyman is SJW

and that 40k should stay on this grimderp state until GW goes bankrupt and disney or hasbro buys it

>until GW goes bankrupt and disney or hasbro buys it
Sorry shill, but we care about 40k, not about GW, so "but they should be more progressive" not an argument

>Felinids.

They could at least make a sketch of them and other abhumans.

>Corax
Would go on a guerilla spree with his sons and teach this and that to various stealth-based IG regiments like the Tanith 1st and Only.

>Dorn
Would go and fortify positions in preparations for Abby's arrival.

>Vulkan
Would boost the morale of the armies of the Imperium with the power of friendship.

>Russ
Wreaking shit as always.

>Jaghatai
Would take control of some of the Imperial Navy battlefleets and then go on a hit and run campaign against Abby in order to slow the 13th Black Crusade so that Dorn would have more time fortifying positions.

>>Corax
>Would go on a guerilla spree with his sons and teach this and that to various stealth-based IG regiments like the Tanith 1st and Only.
>>Dorn
>Would go and fortify positions in preparations for Abby's arrival.
>>Vulkan
>Would boost the morale of the armies of the Imperium with the power of friendship.
>>Russ
>Wreaking shit as always.
>>Jaghatai
>Would take control of some of the Imperial Navy battlefleets and then go on a hit and run campaign against Abby in order to slow the 13th Black Crusade so that Dorn would have more time fortifying positions.
But why, if Guilliman will do better.

>care about 40k

>MUH ARMY IS GETTIN SHIT FROM LORE, FUK U GW

ah go fuck yourself

>>MUH ARMY IS GETTIN SHIT FROM LORE, FUK U GW
Yeah, how dare people love non-ultramarines, how dare they love classical Imperium and setting

How badly does this affect my chances of getting into 40k in the future? Are there lore changes I just can't avoid, or events that have dramatically changed everything?

This was a hobby I always thought wouldn't go anywhere, and while I'm glad people are hyped, I'm afraid that by the time I'm ready to play all shall be dust, or so completely changed that it wasn't the game that I was first interested in anymore.

>edgelord DA newfag who forgets that Guilliman was sheduled to return since Day1 of rogue trader

>Celestine is just a glorified halo bearer

I should have guessed.

Guilliman's job is to focus on reforms and making the Administratum useful for once, as well to prepare the logistic system that would supply very efficiently the Imperial armies when Abby will waltz in.

Fighting should be secondary in Rowboat's case.

If only Lion finally woke up and Sanguinius and Ferrus were still around, then the situation would've been even easier. Only hoping that the Sanguinor will actually be revealed to be Sanguinius being in the body of Azkaellon who is sharing it with the former.

Also Lion would slap the Unforgiven, comment about the Angels of Absolution for actually getting shit done and mobilizing the DA and their successors to join up with the Fallen (if it's confirmed that Cypher wants to redeem the Fallen and fix the Lion's Blade) into one giant Legion and aid in the battle against Abbadon.

That wasn't a thing then they were just stealing random quotes

Don't worry about it. The whining and freakouts you hear are just leftover butthurt from AoS. 40k actually makes money, so it'll be fine. Even if it does get completely ruined, there'll still be an active community of pre-whatever-is-happening-right-now 40k players to join. Because, again, 40k has a playerbase.

Abaddon will ascend and become the new Malal

The core still exists and is slowly reforming the rest of the craftworld

Age of sigmar is flawed but I enjoy it more then I ever did fantasy

Egil ironwolf
Creed has been effectively retired
One of the old inquisition codex inquisitors
Maybe some major one dies in this one as well - probably agaman since he is messed in the head
Meanwhile not one dead chaos character