Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Tau are only mid-tier edition. Daemons and Eldar are far better than them and should be nerfed sub-edition.

>The dread Aeldari known as Adarki Duncini
youtube.com/watch?v=ebU1zTFh7AE [Open]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (what the Lion calls Vulkan's dick pics folder)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Wow, mono-Tzeentch Daemon lists with summoning sure are strong
>I know! Let's change their rules so that killing Pink Horrors automatically summons more horrors for free!
>You can even conga line the new blue horrors in front of the pinks during the shooting phase to prevent the enemy from charging you!

2nd for Grey Knights please get some fun stuff in Rise of the Primarch.

Please...?

Does anyone have Voldus' rules yet?

>tfw can't decide between Grey Knight and mono-Nurgle Daemons for my first army
What do

>Tau are only mid-tier

What did he mean by this?

Both

Well, for starters, do you want to be daemons or hunt daemons? Because that's a helluva gap in your interests there, bud.

>play against Eldar
>beat Eldar player
Is there a better feeling

>What did he mean by this?

There are a bunch of Tau faggot going around spreading the meme, that their army is mid tier. This is not the case, and OP is making light of this.

Tau is an army for cheese mongering fag lords.

How do I build a shooty Inquisitor gang as guard allies?

>Big =I= With hellrifle/conversion beamer
>2 monkeys
>Plasma/multi melta servitors
>A few ablative wound equipped with hot shot lasguns or maybe storm bolters.
>Psyker guy (astropath? I forget) for divination

>tfw only way to get more Bloodletters is to rely on the crappy random tables or use KdK
>KdK has no access to glorious AP2 on Heralds or multi-herald
>Posessed tax on core and an everything tax for Skull Cannons for their Blood Host
Why

I personally dislike the Nurgle aesthetic, but I'd go for Nurgle if you want to have fun on the tabletop.

Anons at the end of last thread were all saying that Tau are only mid tier and barely a T2 army because they won a few tournaments.

If you got a blowjob while doing it.
Preferably FROM the Eldar player.

GK main here. Fun army, hilarious fluff. I just wish there was a greater variety of units in the army. Been thinking about the Mastodon for GK lately, so my army can be even more outnumbered.

Haven't played since 5th, what's good these days other than Tau?

What in the rules biases toward range/that style of play?

>There are a bunch of Tau faggot going around spreading the meme, that their army is mid tier.

It has been brought on due to the fast approaching 8th edition. They are hoping that if they lie enough, maybe they won't get hit with the nerf stick.

Couldn't you get around some of that by running KdK allied with standard Daemons? Standard Daemons for AP 2 heralds and Skull Cannons with less tax, and then KdK for the bulk of the army and a tide of Bloodletters when that dies.

Coming Christmas 2017, along with 3 other terrain bundles

Tau are low high tier. It's different from being high tier, but it's also different from being mid-tier. It's the difference between being S-class and A-class.

Problem with that is that since KdK isn't Chaos Daemons, it's affected by the Warpstorm. And since Chaos Daemons aren't KdK, it's not affected by Blood Tithe.

No they aren't.

the pre-order window for that shit is bonkers

Honestly, what fucking use does whining about Tau players do on here? I've been on these threads soooo fucking long and I can count on one hand the number of actual cheesemongering faggots. The rest have been trolls, or like most of the Tau players that do visit this board, actual self-respecting Tau players who have to prove every time they even mention their list/paintjob that they aren't one of the boogeymen players because it'll trigger the whiners of /40kg/ until they provide proof.

We know there are annoying Tau players. They usually stay away from this board because they'd get ripped a new one. You don't have to bring it up every single fucking thread.

Just give it a rest, guys. Please. I just want to talk about our plastic/resin/metal army men in peace...

Eldar, space marines and daemons are good too. By good, I mean over-represented in the tournament scene.

The strongest configuration is superior fire-power armies with lots of mobility. That what helps Tau and Eldar stay on top.

Would rather there was some new stuff. The trees were pretty disappointing.

>No they aren't.
No? Daemons, Marines, Space Wolves, and Eldar regularly outdo them, to a rather absurd level. Would you not call four armies, especially containing one as broad as Marines, to be a tier in itself?

>Tau are low high tier.

>what's good these days other than Tau?
Shooty/Fast armies
>What in the rules biases toward range/that style of play?
Capping objectives, Shitty Melee mechanics (in no small part due to everyone having fearless nowadays).

I really liked the trees. Then again, I treat my Deathworld table better than my real garden.

>Pretty disappointing

Fuck me that's the understatement of the century.

>>Top tier
>D-Spam Eldar with allied Riptides
>Tau with Riptides
>Grav Spam Marines with free Rhinos and Pods
>Tzeentch Daemons
>>Mid Tier
>Necrons
>Daemons
>SoB
>IG
>CSM (Traitor Legions)
>Khorne Daemonkin
>Mono-Khorne Daemons
>Dark Eldar
>>Low Tier
>Chaos Space Marines (No supplements)
>Tyranids
>Orkz

I sbsolutely agree, Eldar players are the cheesemongering faglords!

You only have to worry about Warpstorms if the Chaos Daemons are your primary. Run them as a secondary Cad with just the minimum amount of Bloodletters, the Skull cannons, and Heralds for AP 2.

Biggest issue I could see is that the Heralds would have to stick with the Daemon bloodletter squads due to instability.

When a unit charges one of your units you get to shoot at it. They also have to roll for charge distance now, and you get to shoot them whether they made it to you or not.

Why does the NZ store always get preorders first? Their prices are always fucking terrifying.

>yeah we decided to ditch using bombers and flyers to taks out titans

They didn't ditch it.

They just realized it couldn't be their sole means of doing so, which is a proper idea to have when those flyers are incredibly easy to shoot down.

Everyone who plays 40k is a faggot but me

>Stop making me mad.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I think we are going to discuss what ever we fucking feel like.

They're the first country on the international dateline, user.

>GSC

Because of conversion rates and time zones.

NZ player here. I pretty much buy all my models of Trademe (NZ eBay) because holy fuck I can't afford that shit.

>Mfw I went into the local toy store to see what they sell
>Warhammer shit is 50% more expensive than GW prices

Holy fuck I couldn't believe that, they must not sell ANY fucking Warhammer.

Put 'em right next to Daemons, I forgot about them and the mini armies.

That sounds like a very good reason to build something sensible like a tank.

Thank fuck, someone came in here and cleared that up for us.

>lolyeah our flyers aren't working!
>so lets build something that can get wrekt by a rhino

Will it save money or will it be another pointless collection?

I'd rather get a blowjob from a girl.

So, you know, a Tyranid player.

It's not even that it makes me mad. Threads would probably last about 30% longer if there wasn't any "REEE TAU", "REEE FUCKING WEEBS", "REEE STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE(in reference to Tau)". Most of the time with no provocation, just straight up someone randomly typing it into a post and seeing what happens. At this point it's straight up shitposting. Even worse than Cheetah-user(Sorry, dude, your shit posting just has no substance. The pictures are fucking great though.)

>sensible

next you're gonna say that chainswords aren't good weapons or cqc is outdated in 40k.

>Sir these giant robots are doing lots of damage to our troops
>Lol make another giant robot and watch them go at it

Come on Tau what the fuck.

Rumors are saying it's as much as 25% cheaper than buying the kits separately. But, I'm expecting the usual GW Jewery.

Cool bundle, but I can wait till Christmas, God damn it!

>sir even our heaviest class of battlesuit doesn't stand a.chance against the imperium titans, what should be make to counter them?!
>a bigger battlesuit, with an open canopy and a cannon so big it has to anchor itself to shoot

Christmas bundles are the ONLY time you save money. Otherwise it's just a faster way to add things to your cart.

>greentextmind

In 40k? No, but the Tau don't really know that do they? They're the faction that doesn't use chainswords and cqc and goes for guns instead.

The Tau still think they're in a relatively realistic sci-fi setting, not space fantasy. Even if titans could be 100% scientifically proven to be superior to tanks, the Tau should still build a tank instead, because a tank is the more realistic option.

The Tau's answer to Titans should be to get as far away as possible and blast it with railguns, aircraft, and missiles. The answer shouldn't be to build a 10 story monstrosity you can see from miles away and give it a D-strength shotgun.

As a guard player do I take dakka knight for maximum dakka? Or do I take melee knight since I have the firepower to get him there and have no decent melee units of my own?

>Jews
>Christmas

um...

That might be nice then, my terrain collection is pathetic

Why are you so mad?

You're on a basket weaving forum, and you're getting mad because people are discussing things that they are interested in, or bothered by.

Sit down, take a load off. Relax guy.

Probably better to go for one of the mixed ones. Chainsword in one hand, gun in the other, missiles optional.

What do you guys think of this list? Solid if not a little uninspired?

I dunno I feel like those mixed ones just don't tend to be as good since half the time you can't use a main weapon...

Oh, all those gun drones should be markers. Was too lazy/forgot to change them

Tau/10

I would like to but I have to start somewhere

I like Nurgle because of the decay aesthetic
I like Grey Knights because secret psychic space paladins sounds fun

I have 2 or 3 squads of thousand so sons, rhinos to put them in and a forge fiend. Haven't played since 5th edition. Got a new jerb, can afford minis. Do I play CSM, go pure 1k soms, ally with demons or Leave this thread and never return?

What is the tankiest army?

They work out fine. The full ranged Knights have to deal with the fact that they can't take two of the same gun, and the all melee knights are paying points for the gauntlet they'll never really use.

Better to have the ranged firepower, blast targets as you approach, and charge anything that survives. You won't have the knight locked in combat for long most of the time.

Imperial Guard with maxed out tanks.

As always, the people that spend their time being triggered by the annoying thing are 10 times more annoying than the thing they're annoyed about.

Imperial Guard with 10 leman russ TANKS and 2 Baneblade TANKS.

Tankiest.

You could easily have a 2000 point army with 20 infantry models.

Why does the Imperium keep getting unkillable HQ's that revive even when you do kill them?

Who wants to bet Girlyman will be sub 500 points?

played my first game against admech at 1500 points. Bruh they are strong but since it was my first game I had no clue what to be targeting first. Seems like their melee and shooting is very good. I didnt see a single weakness aside from a lack of psychic phase but they were just very good on both ends of the spectrum

I picked GK as my first army. Love the fluff, love the aesthetics, and unless Gathering Storm 3 gives us a few buffs/new formations, that's all I'll like them for. The rules are absolute garbage for them right now. You get out-manned, out-gunned, out-psyker'd, and out-matched in melee by any army that has any specialization in those areas. Quantity will usually overtake quality, and even then GK don't have enough quality to make up for the lack of quantity. You're supposed to wreck Daemon faces, hah, good luck...
I love them, but every game is an uphill struggle with a 200lb stone on your ankles. Not to mention, even though I have armies with more models, I still feel every little model loss like I would with GK. Go with GK if you like their theme, that's why I did it. But if you're planning on winning, stay away.

Only one Riptide? Fuck it I'll play what I can get!

I thought we already got confirmation that he's 350?

No fucking way.

Super-Heavy in 40k aren't that good and usually things like Shadow Swords get blown away in the lore by their Titan opposition whenever they face one.

Just so long as you realize that your Drone Net is a separate detachment and not an auxiliary of the Hunter Contingent, which means it does not contribute to nor benefit from coordinated fire power.

Riptide count: 1 unit of 2

I don't feel that one riptide at 1850 is crazy or cheesy at all other than it being a strong unit, but if we're just not fielding strong units anymore I guess I should quit 40k
Besides, every army needs a centerpiece

>ally with demons
Rubric Marines are dog shit. Super expensive, irrelevant in the psychic phase, underwhelming in the shooting phase. You take them because you like their models/lore. Bring in Pink Horrors to hold objectives and provide WC for your HQ Sorcerers to blast people apart.

And I'm sure the Tau have excellent statistics on how often Imperial Guard superheavy tanks get defeated by titans?

It's the most logical thing for them to do, since they don't know that the universe runs off of rule of cool.

Imperial Guard.
2 HQ Tanks with three tanks per squadron.
+
3 Heavy Support Tanks with 3 tanks per squadron
+
3 Fast Attack Hellhounds with 3 tanks per squadron
+
1 Lord of War Baneblade of your choice.

Total Tanks in a CAD:
15 Leman Russes
9 Hellhounds
1 Baneblade

Alternative Cadian Battlegroup:
1 HQ Tank with 2 tankmates
+
Armored Battlegroup with maxed out squadrons
+
Emp's Blade with maxed out hellhounds
+
1 Super-Heavy Company
=
15 Leman Russes
+
9 Hellhounds
+
3 Banebades

And some Chimera IFVs if you want to count those.

You forgot AdMech

fielding one riptide in 1850 is almost underpowered considering what other people will field since there are no memes quite like overestimating the capabilities of a riptide

he forgot a lot of things

>You forgot Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus

hey, I haven't played since 3rd ed but I'm suddenly inexplicably interested again. I want to play scions for Combat Patrol/500 pts. I've got enough stormies left over from trying to make an army out of just them, I just need a few taurox I think, and maybe some simple volley gun conversions would be nice.

I'd also like to maybe add an allied detachment or have them as the allies, with a skitarii list for 1000/1250 total. I'm just not entirely sure how allies/detachments work, and I don't have the skitarii dex yet, so i'm wondering what sort of things are allowed/affordable(pointswise) since I like pretty much their entire range.

Probably not, but they'll realize it if they ever build one and put it on the same field as a Titan.

...and Grey Knights, Genestealer Cults, Harlequins, Wolves, Knights ect. ect.

So many people run the War Convocation if find it easier to just lump them together.

Yeah, I mostly play fluffy casual games with my friends. Just did 1000 points vs some of my friends new aeldari force. Was pretty even, he conceded when I finished off his rangers, thus eliminating everything on the board except for his wraithguard+Visarch unit of deathfuckery. The riptide would probably not see play other than against said Eldar in higher point games

Would they? How often do you think the Tau fights titans that they would notice a pattern? Thus far their aircraft have been successful against them without being robots.

There is 0 in universe justification for the Tau to jump to that conclusion.

Has anyone taken Aberrants in their army?
Should I round out my GSC Decurion with them?

I've not played 40k in a while, and I'm looking to throw an Ork army up (For fun of course, I know Orks are chode right now) but I don't know whether it's worth using the formation given in the rulebook. I'm not too sure how these formations and detachments and shit work but being able to WAAAAAAGH every turn seems like a good thing to have.

6 squads of boyz is expensive though. Especially considering I'm converting most if not all of my models. What do you guys think? Should I bite the bullet and just use the formation, or should I do my own thing and forgo the bonuses?

Legion of the damned seems like a middle.

You're wasting points by taking troops, there are armour battalions that require none.