Bit grimdark for nowadays average grimdark levels?

bit grimdark for nowadays average grimdark levels?

Of course, whats more grimdark than having your proverbial father on his literal deathbed?

Having your proverbial father on his literal deathbed while that uncle you really respected and looked up to comes in to give you a slice of reality and tell you you fucked up all your life decisions and really let yourself go, and we should unplug your dad.

>hurr you shouldn't be so xenophobic and religious, durr stop the hate
And where is grimdark, since Rabbi just announced progressive and tolerant Imperium of Ultramar?

The Cabale was right.

A dose of persective can be pretty grimdark. Look what emps and some of the primarchs tried to build and look what it turned out to be a couple of millenia later.

user, the Imperium at M41 is the, and I quote directly from the opening scrawl to every 40k book ever, "the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable". It's the sort of shit that would make North Korea/Saudi Arabia/DAESH/[insert oppressive government here] collectively go "okay that's a bit much".

It is literally based on the worst parts of all of human history, especially of the 19th Century onwards, and you think it's comparable to the relatively comfortable modern day? user, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

>Senpai let me just adjust your halo
>Go away stupid girl
>uguu~!

This is nonsense its bad because there is evil shit everywhere not the regime itself you cuck.

Emps, Malcy boi and primarchs did want to build a noblebright Imperium. Rob has every right to be pissed.

Depressed Primarch is best Primarch.

It says it right there on the first page on every 40k rulebook that the regime sucks assballs, just like the user said. Are we just ignoring canon lore at this point?

And the evil shit everywhere has caused the regime itself to become just as bad as the evil shit is.
*cue Nietzsche quote*

remenber, Guilliman taking emps place is just regular tuesday in 40k

>its bad because there is evil shit everywhere not the regime itself
no, it's bad because there's evil shit everywhere INCLUDING the regime itself

It says it sucks because the galaxy is a horrible place.
People who say the Imperium sucks because of itself miss the point entirely.

Nope.jpg According to Guilliman it'd be a nice place if it wasn't for Chaos. Thats not even touching all the other threats.

R E A D N I G G A R E A D
E
A
D

N
I
G
G
A

R
E
A
D

No idea why it quoted 314

>doesn't get 40k thinks the Imperium is an evil regime

What, including the Tyranids?
Including the Necrons?

I really do not think you have managed to get it into your head that it does not MATTER whether the Imperium is a shit place because of X or Y phenomenon - what matters is that it is the shittiest shit that ever shitted all over its shitty citizens who depend on shitty cops to stop crime (which they can't, because they're shit) while shitty soldiers (in multiple senses of the word) fight shitty battles using shitty tactics, shitty strategies, shitty equipment and shitty infrastructure to stop some REALLY shitty shit from happening to said citizens (which they frequently fail to do - again, they're shit) and it's all coordinated by some shitty nobles who don't know shit about what the shit they're supposed to be doing and if the word "shit" still looks like a word at this point you need to reread it until you understand that the fact that the Imperium is shit in the first place is what matters here.

IT SAYS IT ON THE OPENING SCRAWL TO ALL 40K YOU TWAT

Imagine being Gulliman in that scene and having to be all like "dam saint celestine, you fucking fine, all sexy with your thiccc hips and horrific androgynous daemon face. I would totally have sex with you, both my loyal ultramarines and me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another sister of silence in his throne room. Like seriously imagine having to be Gulliman and not only sit in that chair while Saint Celestine flaunts her disgusting cow body in front of you, the favourable lighting barely concealing her cottage cheese thighs and horrific battle scars, and just sit there, hour after hour, while she fumbles around clumsily with your halo. Not only having to tolerate her fat stomach but her haughty attitude as everyone in the imperium tells her shes STILL GOT IT and DAM SAINT CELESTINE LOOKS LIKE *THAT*? because they're not the ones that have to sit there and watch her heretical fucking daemon face contort in types of nervous grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of petite slender sisters of silence FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE coming straight out of the hallowed grounds of ultramar. you've never even seen anything this fucking heretical before, and now you swear you can taste the taint of warp space lofting off her wretched hips as she squirms around suggestively in front of you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to revel in your blessings of the "living saint" (for that is what she calls herself), a title she worked so hard for the emperor to just fucking hand her. And then Greyfax calls for another 15 minutes to go over your orders again, and you know you could kill every single person in that room before the ecclesiarchy launched an exterminatus. but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Roboute Gulliman. you're not going to lose the imperiums faith over this. Just bear it, hide your face and bear it.

Are you dense? I was not arguing that it isn't horrible its just not a deliberately horrible evil regime.

>IT SAYS IT ON THE OPENING SCRAWL TO ALL 40K YOU TWAT
This lack of reasing comprehension. Its not a comment about the actual Imperiums motivation but the living conditions within it

And I just said that that doesn't matter. What matters is that it IS shit. If it weren't shit, it wouldn't be 40k.

No you have to listen carefully you are saying the horrible is caused by the Imperium. Its not this is the wrong interpretation of 40k.

The Imperium's motivation is "survive". That's literally it. Sure, there's some big words about ruling the galaxy and destroying the xeno but at the end of the day, which in this case may well be the end of all days, the Imperium just wants to live.
Yes it fucking is. The Imperium's motivation is "survive", not "survive but make sure humanity is comfy". The Imperium does. Not. Care. How well its living conditions are - and in the case of the nobles, the Inquisition, the Ecclesiarchy and the rest of the high-ranked mob their living conditions are quite a bit better than random forge world schmucks, agri-world peasants, trench-weary Guardsmen and other low-ranked people. This level of unfairness is just one part of how shit the Imperium as a whole is, but you should probably get my point by now - the Imperium is fucking SHIT. That's what matters.
Not how it became shit.
Not why it became shit.
Not even how the shit is perpetuated.
It is shit. That's all there is to it.

yeah things are bad but maybe Guilliman can pull an Aurelian/Diocletian and pull the Imperium back from this crisis.

honestly he's probably the best guy for the job.

I'd say there is quite an important distinction in the WHY of it being shit. I don't disagree that it is, in every way that you've said, I totally agree there. But it is an important difference that the shitness, oppression and lack of morality and care of the leadership is not just for the fun of being extra shit, it's like that because that's the only possible way for it to continue to function (in its own shitty way, as you put it). Every reduction in living standards, every lost right and extra responsibility, everyone who starves, everyone sent to die in a miserable trench war on a backwater wasteland is not just bad, it's so hugely grim because that's the best possible way the Imperium can manage it. If they tried to be less shit they'd collapse entirely, so shit is the best they can aim for. That adds an extra level of grim that the fact 'its shit' on its own can't provide.

>Look what emps and some of the primarchs tried to build and look what it turned out to be a couple of millenia later.
But Guilliman aren't Emperor or other primarchs, he is biggest Marry Sue, so he will rebuild it easily.

I don't understand why this image triggers rightists so badly.

Mostly it triggers 40k fans

It triggers Imperium fans who forgot their own fiction.

Could he, though? The Imperium would need some seriously massive reforms to get even close to efficient again. Would the High Lords of Terra even allow Guilliman to try and make those reforms?

I'm more intrigued about how it's going to interact with St Celestine. Considering St Celestine seems to be much on the side of righteousness (As much as it exists in 40k).

This was the only acceptable reaction he could've had to the imperium.

She is in blind love with BobbyG and will totally agree with everything he says.

I think part of the main question about any reforms is 'Replace the Ecclessiarchy' (Likely to cause massive civil war) vs 'Use the SOB to reform it into a less corrupt/crazy Ecclessiarchy' (Since Celestine is on his side and chopping priest heads isn't new for them)

>I'd say there is quite an important distinction in the WHY of it being shit.
not really

Guilliman's just been taken from m31 to m41 in the blink of an eye. WHY people fucked up his/the emperor's empire isn't as important to him. All that matters is they did fuck it up, and now he has to un-fuck it up.

dude ain't going to be a happy camper about it

Addendum: He's not going to be much happier with the Mechanicus, what with the 'Ignorance' part of his talk.

Seems like Fear, Hate and Ignorance is Inquisition, Ecclessiarchy and Mechanicus.

it wouldn't be the first time ultramarines went to Terra and dictated terms to the High Lords.
don't see why this would go any different.

>I'm more intrigued about how it's going to interact with St Celestine.
She is strong, bodypositive endependent womy, so she will join to Guilliman (it doesn't looks like latin name) and help him to make Imperium less xenophobic

Ok, I get that now. But it seems that some in this thread (looking at you, ) just look at the Imperium and go "hey what they're doing is necessary so they mustn't be villains" when that's really not the case. It's (not really, but it's the first analogy that came to mind) like saying a vampire isn't evil for drinking blood, which can lead to death through blood loss or infection, because it needs to drink blood to survive. The person they killed is still dead, and they've still killed them.

The Imperium can't be better. But that doesn't make it anything but an archetypal evil empire. A tragic past doesn't prevent a villain from being a villain.

Didn't think of that, but it makes sense from that perspective. Kudos.

>Help him.

She's the one who organized the whole 'Team up with Eldar to rez Girlyman'. She got it started before he did.

Not like this is the first time. The SOB are the ones who delivered Slannesh's truename (In Daemonfuge) to the Black Library after all.

>Slaanesh's true name is in the possession of Cegorach and the Harlequins

Oooh. I'm looking forward to some attempted deicide. Hopefully GW will remember that plot thread. Tell me more, please?

>She's the one who organized the whole 'Team up with Eldar to rez Girlyman'.
Yeah, but now she will allow chosen people lead the way

I've never seen anything to indicate that the shitty living conditions of the Imperium if you're not powerful are justified. Things are that way because the Imperium draws from history or the perception of it and probably magnifies how bad it is. Instead of life gradually getting better and better for everyone, it has arguably regressed for the majority.

If it seriously does it's probably because they unironically glorify the Imperium without realizing that it's supposed to be a bad place and that only stuff like tribalism is supposed to make it sympathetic to the average person.

Considering Celestine literally has magical powers and faith in the Emperor is one of the few things that binds the Imperium together, I don't think removing the Ecclesiarchy is an option at this point. Best that could probably be done is monitor and make sure it doesn't get too powerful or try and do stupid shit.

The Emperor created the Inquisition. While you could debate about how they function, they're likely needed as well.

Basically all three are far from ideal, but at this point they're so critical and everything else is such shit that trying to reform them is not an option. I mean the Emperor wasn't even able to beat up the Mechanicum is just take all their stuff.

I thought it was the Ynnari who came up with the plan since they realize that humanity are their only real plausible allies to fight Chaos and in order to do so it needs a being who could easily unite the Imperium and for the most part have few obstacles.

>guilliman is commenting at a meta level the state of GW

GW is good now.

>that it's supposed to be a bad place
Abd it makes Imperium interesting.

The SOB, through massive cost (Because that comic recalled that the Dialogus exist/study chaos to work out how to defeat it) managed to learn Slannesh's True Name. It cost the lives of the entire mission doing so. One of the SOB sent to reinforce them, Ephreal Stern got that information stuck inside her head along with a massive connection to the warp that made her a very potent psyker.

Chaos responded by basically activating every single sleeper agent they had in the Inquisition to get her a 'Kill on sight' order for the Imperium. One of her major allies in the series is a Eldar ranger helping get her to the Black Library so the information can remain safe from the forces of chaos/so the Eldar can work out how to use it to their advantage.

>And
fix

It does, if only because it's a different take on thee typical bleak future where corporations are to blame. Still doesn't make the entirely of the Imperium something to aspire to.

Yeah by turning in toy company

They focus on games so much more now, Hail Rountree.

>Still doesn't make the entirely of the Imperium something to aspire to.
You mean IRL? Of course not, but such things makes fictional setting much more interesting, and now Guilliman is going to replace it by Alliance in Space

>on games so much more now,
That';s why they still cannot into game-design?
>Hail Rountree.
Yeah, thanks for hiring Ward and bringing back Girlyman.

>3 hot chicks
>private Mechanicus
LIKE A BOSS

hot chicks
>GW
>hot chicks
pick one Anglo

Man, Girlyman needs to stop being a bi-

Wait, he's not in stasis anymore? Why isn't he fixing the Imperium like the Emperor would have wanted?

Lefists have a bone disease that means they literally cannot fathom 40k.

>Getting triggered because 40k lore calls the imperium bad.
>No, it's the people pointing that out that can't fathom 40k.

>Why isn't he fixing the Imperium like the Emperor would have wanted?
he is, he's just mad they fucked up and need him to fix things again

Silver Tower was good, same with all the other side-games they've put out.

You do not belong here idiot. Your political bait is shit. Guilliman is talking about the decay of the Imperium after fall death of the Emperor. Its got nothing to do with modern left right politics.

>Why isn't he fixing the Imperium like the Emperor would have wanted?

He is.
First he's going to save the galaxy.

Put it this way the Primarch's comments are identical to "rightists" when they look at modern society.
You are just proving you don't get anything at all.

>Silver Tower was good
Nope
>, same with all the other side-games they've put out.
You mean thier board games?

I haven't even mentioned modern politics... I'm talking about people refusing to believe that GW wrote the Imperium has an oppressive religious super state.

Are you guys religious or something and don't like Guilliman decrying religion and xenophobia?

KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUT OF EVERYTHING YOU AUTISTIC FAGGOTS

He's not even decrying religion. He's decrying fear, hatred and ignorance. Now, some people could associate them but he hasn't decried religion yet and I'm honestly doubting he will in a setting where the whole 'Gods' thing is a literal truth.

This is leftard /pol/ bait. The Imperium was xenophobic as a principle during its inception you stupid leftard cunt.

The Emperor intended his Empire to be free from Religion, it's not too insane to think that he passed those ideas onto his sons too.

Yeah but on the other hand: A friendly god and an angelic saint just raised him from the dead and gave him a halo.

>The Imperium was xenophobic as a principle during its inception
Yeah Emperor's Imperium, not Guilliman new Imperium

You don't know the setting fuck off you stupid shit.
The Imperium was xenophobic to the extreme by the Emperor's own guidance.

"Our dream"
You should be permabanned for you dumb crap.

Stop equating xenophobia with religion, makes you look like a neckbeard.

Fuck off stupid troll

You're the one getting angry at official GW lore. It's a fucking fiction universe, jesus christ grow a pair.

Im not getting angry at the lore you dumb troll. Piss off to mlp or whatever you actually follow.

Fuck off idiot.

One of my favourite chapter in HH is when some marines see alien and humans fighting together.
The marines start gagging in their helmets. That is how strong their dislike of aliens is.

>"Our dream"
And he talked about Imperium Secundus.

I don't know they are making the same mistakes that killed fantasy after the golden days of 6th edition fantasy.

They try to milk the cow hard with lower model count per box, higher cost per box and lower points per model.

Resulting in the need of bigger armies for the same amount of points people where used to play.

Beside the start collecting boxes and the table top games have you seen the prices and model count per box?

Formation what give you free shit, point values decrease all around for things that should cost more.

They are milking 40k hard like they did with fantasy.

Hell even "plot progression" for the sake of progression is napping in 40k

Didn't learn a thing.

Hes talking to the Emperor. Our dream means the
Imperium you twit.

>using a perturbed pedro reaction image
oh boy

So is rowboat, it doesn't change the direction of the trains they're the head of.

>guys IoM always progressive tolerant state
nicfe try tumblr

Stop your stupid trolling.

>They try to milk the cow hard with lower model count per box, higher cost per box

Like they've been doing since Rogue Trader.

But sure, go on about its eminent demise for long enough and some day you'll be right.

>tfw Guilliman realizes Alpharius was right all along

But GW has actually increased the amount of models while barely raising the original prices. The start collecting boxes essentially give you free squads worth of models.

>They try to milk the cow hard with lower model count per box, higher cost per box and lower points per model.
Where have you been the past six months. They're doing the opposite now. Case in point are the recent boxes of Sigmarines that they issued a return to all stores, doubling the model count for a few euros more. This not to mention the Start Collecting sets, all the transport + infantry squad sets for 40k etc.

It is the end times, because GW is actually turning the whole thing around.

Shhhhh, don't try reason and facts with his ilk. Just nod and back away slowly.

Niiiice

Is this an actual picture, or is it fan-made?

>while barely raising the original prices.
>30-35$ per individual model
kek

You mean SC boxes for 40k? They are totally useless in game.

>those fucking qts on the left

what are you even on about