Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Chaos is unable to count to three edition.

>The dread Aeldari known as Adarki Duncini
youtube.com/watch?v=LfephiFN76E [Open]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (what the Lion calls Vulkan's dick pics folder)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12459364/
youtube.com/watch?v=0I8RdUCBwjE
youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for mork!

First for Duncan

GUILLIMAN SAVES IMPERIUM

Did I do anything wrong
Except not having rhinos and taking a plasma pistol

r8
Decided against the knight, I think I'd have trouble getting pick up games.

Decent casual list.

Looks solid.

Good to see someone using the footslogging heavy weapons gunline to heart instead of bikespam

I went in to my local store today not only for the guy who I was I supposed to be having a game with to not turn up, but to find out no one else did.
Out of the usual regulars that turn up Saturday mornings no one else was there, no one was playing games or painting miniatures, just a few parents browsing.

I think the hobby is dying out in my local area, I want to play but I have no one to play it with.
What can one even do about this?

If I use the Nemesis Strike Force, which allows deep striking turn 1, does that mean I can deep strike my entire army, as long as at least one unit arrives turn 1?

>Raptors can pay 15pts for a plasma pistol
>they can also take a melta gun for 10pts
>the latter doesn't replace the bolt pistol or CCW
>one is a S7 Ap2 12" gun that has a chance to kill the user for 15pts
>one is a S8 Ap1 12 gun with potential armorbane and doesn't kill the user for 10pts

What the fuck were they thinking?

Iron warriors for tank hunter obliterator troops

I have a very small collection of chaos space marines and i want to expand it so that i can do some 1000ish point games.
I have a chaos rhino, a helbrute with multi melta/power claw or fist (cant tell) 10 CSM, 1 with Plasma Gun, 1 with Missile Launcher and i think 4 with close combat weapons, 5 Khorne Berserkers 2 with Chainaxes and the chaos lord from a dark vengeance box.
Now as best i can tell from random guessing the best thing to get would be 10ish more CSM, a chaos spawn box and two boxes of cultists, then another rhino and a predator.

Am i right or am i insane? I really don't know this game that well.

Plasma pistols for anything more than 5pts will always be insane. And even then it'd be a serious consideration.

If you don't have the CSM codex already you should get it, and the traitor legions supplement

>What can one even do about this?
Tabletop Simulator

Plasma pistols have been overcosted for 4 editions now. 5 points and they'd be worth it, but 15 is fucking nuts

I am total noob (played 1 game so far). Can you advise if this army list is ok? If not - what should I change?

Do I have any changes in competitive games (local tournaments) with Black Templars or should I simply start collecting World Eaters as my second army?

You could do a 1k build with that. Have you picked a legion? If not read around, pick one and come back for some recommendations

Yeah, malestrom is so bad. Replace with a world eater CAD with khorn marines, you will do better

Yes yes but what models should i get?
I just wanted to paint some of those "your dudes" and give them an edgy name like Slave Pulverizers or Blood Bleeders or maybe even Chaos Ultramarines.

It costs 30 points to put plasma sponsons on a Leman Russ. That's 15 points per cannon. I can now only assume that despite differences in size, all plasma weapons are equally rare and equally difficult to maintain.

Everything in the Grey Knights codex is overcosted. Fucking EVERYTHING. Even the Dreadknight gets got as soon as it appears.

>older Codex is less cost efficient than new ones

No shit

Run the beserkers as MoK chaos marines.

They basically have the same stats and equipment but chaos marines are cheaper.

There are books older than GKs that are far more cost efficient.

skitarii have plasma calivers for 30pts apiece (then again, those are assault 3)

Can I run this:
Castellans of the Imperium
HQ: non-Iron Hands Chapter Master, Iron Hands Tekmarine
Traps: 2x Skitarii Rangers, 2x Tactical marines (non-Iron Hands)

>Cherrypicking as an argument against a generalization
Don't do it

You can do "your dudes" with any of the legions, it'd be better if you knew the rules behind stuff and points cost before you start buying.

The stuff you mentioned sounds good though, you might want to magnetize the weapon options on the predator.

I do agree GK got destroyed with new book, but my Dreadknights get shit done for me on the table, even as hideously expensive as they seem to be.

Ehhhhh.
Google tells me Night Lords make chaos spawn better. I will play them, because i like chaos spawn and i like bat wings on helmets.

Their offensive ability is still great, but they're still 200+pts for 4 T6 wounds. Which really isn't very much.

Sell me your army. Why should I play them?

No Skitarii allowed in CoTI, since for some reason giving shooty troops Hatred was overpowered and they shouldn't be allowed to hang out with Guardsmen. I would probably use it if I could.

The Skitarii specialty seems to be taking Rapid Fire 24" guns and making them 18" Assault 3. Radium Carbines math out to Assault 3 Bolters against anything but T6+, where they're a bit better.

I think PlasCals could do with being 25 points each, since ATM they're probably as much as the squad carrying them, but they're nice for a Warlord unit.

We're fucking Space Paladins. You wanna have some ornate-as-fuck armour and a fucking POWER HALBERD, and go one-on-one with a Greater Daemon and have a good shot at winning?

GREY KNIGHTS, FUCKERS.

Actually, a single-man unit like Lone Wolves would be fucking cool for Grey Knights. Just a single GK Terminator with access to any Grey Knight weapon

Imperial Guard, a bunch of normal men and women who fight against interdimensional monstrosities that can kill fucking Space Marines. Also we have Baneblades.

Why Skitarri cannot with Guard? Fluff?
Also bringing troops without same faction HQ is normal?

They're a pretty solid army overall, and robots kick ass.

We build all the shit all those other people brag about so much, we have planets that produce a truly stupid amount of stuff, our fleets and guns are the best in the Imperium and contenders for best in the galaxy, we have fucking awesome models and rules, and we're the only people not stupid enough to have our strategists slumming it with the idiots. Also, we make a habit of raiding the Eye of Terror for fun and profit.
Our armies are a reasonable size, with numbers high enough to actually be a galactic presence unlike the Marines of any kind, and there's loads of room for Your Dudes.

Join the Omnissiah, we have black-hole cannons.

No fluff about that, they hang with Guard lots. Just the writers being retarded as usual.I don't think there's a requirement for having a HQ of he same faction to take troops, no.

>only race not completely doomed to fall to chaos
>young race already kicking the imperium's ass and making Eldar jealous with our boomsticks
>Basic infantry gun knocks a space marine on his ass
>can either go full weeb mech spam if you're into it, or stick to infantry blocks in BADASS transports
>riptides
Low test betas hate on Tau, real men are Tau players

For me Librarians could sometimes carry a game, but then they changed it so psykers can no longer cast more powers than they have ML, so no more going supernova and casting the many Sanctic powers a GK librarian can have (that relic book is great)

If Guilliman doesn't have Eternal Warrior, I guess the 355 point combo of Darkstrider and a Gunfort will be more common. 60% chance of instant death on Guillybilly every round of shooting is the best poor blues can do.

lol

We have literal Angels as units, paint everything Blood Red and Gold, and we have genetic PTSD which causes us lose control to the Blood Lust in the heat of battle. Basically Muhrines but with interesting lore and unique units.

>Only mostly ignored by Chaos because there are more tasty morsels around
>Only reason the Imperium hasn't wiped them out is because the bulk of the Imperial armies is tied up dealing with Armageddon, 13th Black Crusade, and a number of Tyranid hive tendrils to name a few
>Fucking weebs that are such pussies they have a literal pussy on their face.

Knight-Errant 60pts
WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv2+
Unit Type: Infantry (Character)

Wargear:
Terminator Armour
Storm Bolter
Nemesis force sword
Frag grenades
Krak grenades
Psyk-out grenades

Special Rules:
The Aegis
Fearless
Brotherhood of Psykers (Mastery Level 1)
Preferred Enemy (Daemons
Purity of Spirit
Undying Will
Solitary Penitence

Undying Will: Grey Knight Knight-Errants have the Eternal Warrior special rule.
Solitary Penitence: Grey Knight Knight-Errants may not join other units as a character.

>May take items from the Melee Weapons, Terminator Special Weapons and/or Special Issue Wargear lists

I'm worried it's undercosted, but that might just be because

>Grey Knights

One more time. What armies do girls you know play?

strawpoll.me/12459364/

We ate everything in our home galaxy, so now we're gonna nom on this one

Fair warning, I think a lot of people have any mention of that particular legion filtered because there are dedicated shit posters that have all but ruined it for everyone.

You should play Thousand Sons because even when you lose a game, you can still claim victory because ...

"Just as planned ..."

fuck, here he comes...

So always?

He needs an Oath of Moment.

Thats why I fucking love the Guard

It's actually either overcosted or underpowered, leaning toward the latter. A Grey Knight solo dude should be fucking terrifying, because rule of cool states the smaller a unit of dudes is, the stronger they should be individually. He should be deathwishing into fights with shit like Greater Daemons.

Maybe have a special rule where his force weapon is always active, so just give him Instant Death on all his attacks?

youtube.com/watch?v=0I8RdUCBwjE

So, The Emperor was a mutant, right?

Oh and this.

youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k

>play against friends Eldar
>the better I do, the poutier/more rules lawyer-y he gets
>gets pissy when I role his dice instead of mine
>when I eventually win comes up with X,Y,Z excuses as to why I won instead of shaking hands on a well played game
Eldar players, not even once

That youtube video
>Pampered man needs servants to get dressed then proceeds to talk shit while behind the wheel of a very expensive vehicle paid for with daddy's money

>good warboss model never
>plastic vostroyans never
>plastic aspect warriors never
>tomb kings never
>plastic brother captain never
>slaanesh update never
>good commissar model never
>cheap models never
>instead gw just fucks around with spess mareens and fucks up eldar

>generalizing an entire group from one person

>plastic brother captain never

Fun fact: Voldus' model has his head as a seperate piece. So if you want a brother captain or grand master wielding a hammer, swap his head and ta-dah, plastic brother captain/grand master.

What I want is a plastic Brotherhood Champion and for Brotherhood Champions to actually be good. I'm the world's only PAGK fan.

How do I do Blood Angels user? I loved playing Space Hulk when I was a kid and would love to do that style of experience again.

Land Raiders.

Does Cawl work with Skitarii? I really want a way to give my boys in red a leader on the battlefield, and if I can give them techpriest who leads from the front that would be sweet. I'm jist kind of worried about the fluffyness pf it. Also, is a Battle Maniple alone good at 1000 points or does no ObSec and only 2 troops fuck me?

Run detachments/formations with the red thirst special rule.
Use assault weapons.
Fast vehicles.
Bikes.

What kind of list are you looking for?

Our Chapter Master is marksman, tactical genius, expert of gorilla warfare and actualy guy from "marine copypasta".
We are thrice as shooty as typical marines and thrice as accurate for that matter too. Anything a plasmagun can shoot through, our boltguns and boltpistols can shoot through better.
Ever wondering why Tau never bothered conquering Imperium? That's right, they were too scared of the sneaky marines behind their backs and their boltguns of doom. Even in Taros Campaign, Tau fire warriors targeted the marines in camo first because their accuracy was feared and respected.

Fast Vindicators.

You can certainly run him there, even if you're not gaining much from his Canticles. It's only unfluffy because of that remark about Skitarii leaders commanding from orbit, it's fine otherwise because there's quite a few Techpriests who do take the field themselves.

Battle Maniple is entirely a War Convocation tax, you don't want the Rangers or Ruststalkers much at all. Use the Skitarii maniple instead, or use Cawl for a CAD and Obsec if it's important.
Personally I would like a "Command bunker" type fortification, so I can toss my Warlord in there and be fluffy, but there's nothing there of the right type.

Replace the Tech-Priest Dominus in the Dominus Maniple formation and run Cawl there. Shit's cool. add a Skitarrii maniple for the rest of your stuff.

You do realise it's only a matter of time before tau drones and ai rebel ala men of iron

Is the Nemesis Strike Force their Decurion or the Imperial Agents detachment? I think the rule (if memory serves, I'll find a page reference) that as long as by the end of the first turn you have models on the board you don't lose.

>implying /pol/ does any of that
Look at some statistics before you spout bullshit retard.

I'm joining an ongoing narrative campaign at my FLGS. I can't decide if I want to play it using my Necrons or my Renegades and Heretics. Which should I choose?

Who now?

You can do that, but it's very dangerous without lots of other reserve manipulation things.

Renegades for sure
Necrons are cool, but in a narrative campaign I feel they'd be rather flat and dull

Raptors

Necrons seem more interesting.
>Necrons are cool, but in a narrative campaign I feel they'd be rather flat and dull
How? I think it'd be cool for user to jump in out of nowhere as an awakening tomb world

Shows you how much I know about Space Marine Chapters then, I thought they were all about assault marines.

there currently is a box with 10csm and a rhino for cheap.

csm squads dont really work with a heavy weapon

Just in case this isn't bait, Imperium mostly ignores and tolerates Tau because they have A LOT bigger fish to fry. If they gave them a fraction more of attention they'd steamroll them.

This, also we have Best Primarch.

But he's fucking dead

Raven Guard is assaulty and scouty. Raptors, mostly boltgumie and scouty. And Carcharodons (another successor) is ripie & teary.

Except they just went on a crusade against them and go their asses kicked SO BAD they had to use a one of a kind missile to set fire to space.

It's in the Grey Knights codex. Not a decurion, just 1 HQ and 1 Troop mandatory, allows reserves on 3+ from the first turn.

Necrons started a war that makes the Horus heresy look like trying to reel in a rampaging toddler, even as a shadow of themselves nearly every other faction takes them seriously, also if you lover Egyptian imagery as much as I do, they be fun to paint

> Implying GW not gonna bring him back at one point for the sake of mini's sales.

And?
Also
>Sanguinor

>Except they just went on a crusade against them
Source?

Okay, Raven Guard is what I was thinking of when I read Raptors, my bad. The chapter name threw me off since you mentioned sneaky marines and I didn't know there was a chapter of sneaky marines. Tell me more, do they rely more on scouts or do their tacticals get some juicy rules?

I guess a shit ton of terminators in red. I love the idea of such a powerful unit, eapecially if they somehow go fast too like a juggernaut.

But god damn do I love me some gold too

Do somebody know Cawl's base size ?