Invasion of Baal

Following up on Shield of Baal:

>Nids attack Baal
>BA and successors defend, but heavily outnumbered
>Swarmlord orchestrates a full-scale attack on Sanguinius' tomb
>At the peak of the battle, Nids consume Primarch corpse
>Maybe BA save part of it at great cost of course
>Tyranids begin cooking up Nid-marchs (hello giant expensive models)

What happens next, then?

dumb

Why? The Tyranids deploying a debased, alien mockery of the Emperor's son against his own children is suitably grimdark, fits their MO, and advances the story of the Tyranid attack on Baal. It also provides opportunities for the Sanguinor to dramatically reveal his identity and climatically slay the beast, only for it to be reborn elsewhere (dun dun dun). If the nid-march was good enough it might even give them a presence again.

Most importantly, GW could sell a big supplement with lots of huge models (nid-march and Sanguinor Ascendent or whatever). They're advancing the setting, so why not?

That doesn't add up user

Please stop trying to make special character nids. Would be better if they consumed baal and kept consuming past it, pushing deeper towards Terra. We don't need kerrigans

That horse is already out of the barn door, user.

>Why?

It assumes that Tyranids are relevant and not a sideshow npc race.

Simply copying genes doesn't make a primarch. There was warp power involved. This is why the various primarch clones never amounted to anything.

this is highly absurd, but as a proper chaos player, i approve. tangerine sized rubies be damned, i just want to see this mother burn.

Also would let the Necrons and IoM become open allies, the setting cannot endure that much change.

Because IoM+Eldar+Gulliman+Silent King+Win.

All they have is the Swarmlord.

I really liked it when they spun Tyranids as adapting by stealing genes from the galaxy. So that Tyrant guard were supposedly nid marines.
This put more horror into the nids besides just eating everything.

Nids are probably the seconded biggest threat to the Galaxy next to Chaos.

I suspect that the end game is going to be Imperium/Necrons/Eldar+Tau with alot of Imperium keeping Necrons and Eldar from killing each other.

Mark my words, we will see Gulliman moderating a meeting between the Silent King, Eldrad and a Tau Ethereal.

For the Alliance!

You play Chaos don't you?

>what is deathleaper
>what is the parasite of mortrex
>what is the red terror
>what is the doom of malan'tai
>what is old one eye

>>Tyranids begin cooking up Nid-marchs (hello giant expensive models)
Gee I wonder how it will looks like

Please no, I want something other than Primarchs to matter for a change.

what if they consume Sanguinius' corpse and they bring something to life that breaks off the hive mide control...

Oh fuck please now. Primarchs are mary fucking sue enough we don't need them literally co-opting every other faction in the game.

Oh Kerrigan. She was my first foray into waifu-ism back in childhood.

Still the only Queen I would willingly serve.

I would absolutely love if there was a Kerrigan-esque character for the Tyranids. But at the same time, that kind of ruins the whole mystic of the Tyranids.